Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
yort
22 Feb 13 11:17
| Topic/replies: 263 | Blogger: yort's blog
Pat Keane wrote about a charges that are about to be brought relating to betting patterns in a race at Downpatrick in 2011. Those involved are a trainer, senior National Hunt jockey, an owner and two punters..........

whats all this then?
Pause Switch to Standard View Irish Examiner today
Show More
Report workrider February 22, 2013 11:19 AM GMT
....Interesting....
Report guru m February 22, 2013 11:49 AM GMT
Munster-based group? Which race?
Report silvergreaser February 22, 2013 12:19 PM GMT
doesn't seem to be anything on their web edition just a Keane report for yesterdays Clonmel meeting, were you reading it off their newspaper yort?.
Report yort February 22, 2013 12:25 PM GMT
Yep in the newspaper...only few lines doesn't mention the race and says "charges are likely to be brought by the Turf Club against a number of individuals in racing in the near future"
Report silvergreaser February 22, 2013 12:30 PM GMT
Cheers yort, didn't mention the actual date did he?
Report yort February 22, 2013 12:51 PM GMT
nope just Downpatrick 2011
Report keen leader February 22, 2013 12:58 PM GMT
not in eireann at moment, so not getting any titbits on grapevine. it is either another flapping case, of which there are many possible candidates, or it could have been about the gamble, involving horse with outstanding training fees, wins with gamble without owner being in on it, owner then kicked up blue murder,  he then allegedly involved a state agency(rev comm), etc. might not be the same case, the year of 2011 is the common denominator.
Report murphyjust. February 22, 2013 1:02 PM GMT
he's well informed...I believe it's to do with a non trier that was place laid. The jockey isn't a trophy jockey but well known enough. My understanding is they are bang to rights
Report keen leader February 22, 2013 1:05 PM GMT
apologies, misread as involving a winner, obviously one laid to lose, in that case, impossible to second guess as loads of potential candidates.
Report guru m February 22, 2013 1:23 PM GMT
where are they based?
Report murphyjust. February 22, 2013 4:33 PM GMT
they were a long way from home..
Report jimeen February 23, 2013 2:59 PM GMT
My understanding murphyjust is that you dont know what you are talking about,it is my understanding that they were not a long way from home at all.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com