Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
yummy
20 Jan 13 15:18
| Topic/replies: 1,323 | Blogger: yummy's blog
Heino cup final tickets..... didn't really want to go you know.....Roysh...... when are the dubs playing meath
Pause Switch to Standard View Leinster fans cause E-bay site to...
Show More
Report The Gotchee January 20, 2013 6:36 PM GMT
Short Memory Cool                                                                                                                  Munsterfans Forums > Rhapsody in RED > Supporters, let's stand up and fight! > Heineken Cup Final 2009 Tickets
PDA
View Full Version : Heineken Cup Final 2009 Tickets

Super*Ger
21st-December-2008, 19:46
Hi i just want to know who bought Heineken Cup Final tickets??

I was going to buy tickets awhile ago but they were literally touching the top of the murrayfield stadium.

If you bought tickets what would you do with them if Munster didnt reach the final??
seanp
21st-December-2008, 19:59
I bought 9 and I'm going no matter what. A family thing with no wives or husbands.
Super*Ger
21st-December-2008, 20:01
I bought 9 and I'm going no matter what. A family thing with no wives or husbands.

How long ago did u buy ur tickets?? does anyone know if all the tickets released for sale on ticketmast??
Ellethebod
21st-December-2008, 20:07
http://www.munsterfans.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12504&a mp;KW=final&TPN=2

discussed in parts of this thread already
Super*Ger
21st-December-2008, 20:13
http://www.munsterfans.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12504&a mp;a mp;KW=final&TPN=2

discussed in parts of this thread already

Cheers i read the thread didnt know it was there
Patman
21st-December-2008, 20:58
Hey Ger.

I booked six on May 26th. They went on general sale a little late this year. I bought tickets for this years final before last years final was even played.

Get them now and don't be disappointed because we will need them.

G'wan Munster
Patman
21st-December-2008, 21:00
If you bought tickets what would you do with them if Munster didnt reach the final??

We will go anyway. We go every year anyway.
Super*Ger
21st-December-2008, 21:34
how hard is it to gettickets if we got to the final?? and if they wer sold out on ticketmaster!!
lawrence
21st-December-2008, 21:59
im gonna wait until the qf draw before i buy, but i dint see there beinh any panic getting then later
21st-December-2008, 22:16
I've booked my tickets 2 months ago. I'm going even if munster dont make it. I'm a rugby fan and i plan to be there for it.
Patman
21st-December-2008, 23:56
Usually a ball of tickets go on general sale in the months before the final.

I am looking forward to the trip to Edinburgh either way but I think we will be in there.
finky
22nd-December-2008, 06:05
I got three of the cheapest tickets a few months ago (25 each), because i got them so early is there a chance i could get a half-decent view in Murryfield?
Patman
22nd-December-2008, 06:23
I got three of the cheapest tickets a few months ago (25 each), because i got them so early is there a chance i could get a half-decent view in Murryfield?

How many months ago?

I bought mine on May 26th and paid £60 (Sterling) and they are notbad seats. We are a bit south ofmidfield.
finky
22nd-December-2008, 06:53

How many months ago?

I bought mine on May 26th and paid £60 (Sterling) and they are notbad seats. We are a bit south ofmidfield.

Bought them on the 1st of October, section N16, row EE
finky
22nd-December-2008, 06:58
Just found a map of the stadium -

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/seatingchart/148453/12048

My seats are at a slight angle off the North end, not too bad i suppose
Rigel
22nd-December-2008, 07:18
Bought 4 category 1 tickets from SRU on May 27th, when the exchange rate wasn't as good as it is now, for £60 each but great seats. Travel and accommodation also booked so I'm committed.

I see this morning that category 1 tickets are now sold out. SRU Christmas ticket offers are at eticketing.co.uk/scottishrugby/default.aspx?advcode=christma s
Luimneach
22nd-December-2008, 07:26
I bought tickets and booked the hotel straight after last years final if none of the irish teams make it I probably will not not go so will sell them on
Mack the Knife
22nd-December-2008, 10:13
The stands in Murrayfield are not that high compared to Cardiff, Croker or Stade de france. Even on the upper tier your not too far from the pitch.
b*****d of a walk out there though !
DONC
22nd-December-2008, 10:27
Bought two in June have only been to Murrayfield once but from memory it is a good stadium with great views (also of the Caste if on the right side of the stadium and Ireland getting hammered by Scotland. Mack the knife right hell of a walk out of there.

Will go regardless but looking forward to POC lifting it again woo hoo. Draw dependent of course but would not be too surprised with a Munster - Toulouse final again.
lahinch_lass
22nd-December-2008, 11:29
The general warning on tickets woud be that getting tickets for Cardiff in the past has been didifcult if left too late, and yes q/f draw if marginal on lateness if Munster are involved. Murrayfield is smaller capacity so I'd expect it to sell out even faster. Though saying that the viable flight options are already a bit loopy for that weekend.

On the flip side if you wanted a week holiday the IRB7's tour final is the following weekend in Murrayfield and the flight prices for that weekend are pretty reasonable.
finky
22nd-December-2008, 11:41
The general warning on tickets woud be that getting tickets for Cardiff in the past has been didifcult if left too late, and yes q/f draw if marginal on lateness if Munster are involved. Murrayfield is smaller capacity so I'd expect it to sell out even faster. Though saying that the viable flight options are already a bit loopy for that weekend.

On the flip side if you wanted a week holiday the IRB7's tour final is the following weekend in Murrayfield and the flight prices for that weekend are pretty reasonable.

That's true about the flights, i am hoping to fly to another city and get a train.
kermit
22nd-December-2008, 11:53

Hrm, I appear to be in E12... I bought in May.
finky
22nd-December-2008, 11:56

Hrm, I appear to be in E12... I bought in May.

Very good tickets if you are.
jmccoy
22nd-December-2008, 11:57
The stands in Murrayfield are not that high compared to Cardiff, Croker or Stade de france. Even on the upper tier your not too far from the pitch.

Get the number 12 or 13 buses, they stop right outdside the ground.
No. 16
22nd-December-2008, 12:00
Get the number 12 or 13 buses, they stop right outdside the ground.

Yeah but do they stop up in the stands?smileys/wink.gif
Clancruiser
23rd-December-2008, 18:58
Bought two last june ,, S6 row DD . Not the best seats but ill be there smileys/cool.gif
merawancha
23rd-January-2009, 12:00
Have relations living in Embra so got tickets a while back,
will be wearing my Munster jersey regardless hope I'm shouting for them!

Got flights last night on aerlingus.com Dublin to Manchester return for €130 inc tax and insurance
-usually wouldn't but seeing as it's an evening flight on the sunday it might be cancelled...
The afternoon/evening flights are the same price which is great cos i wouldn't fancy getting up early the next morn.
Reckon that's the best around, was looking at the Stranraer jobbie but with all the busses trains ect.
yarra the sangwiches would be rotton by the time i got to murrayfield!

Booking the Manc - Edinburgh train tickets in a few weeks as they don't take online bookings so far in advance...
who?
23rd-January-2009, 13:07
FYI, even though the Ticketmaster announces they accept Maestro
cards, they don't accept Irish cards.
solerina
23rd-January-2009, 13:16
we bought 5 last may, got great seats, we are going no matter who is in it...we plan to make it an annual trip..twickers was full of munster fans two yrs ago, great fun even without an Irish team..only hassle is getting to Edinburgh...bloody impossible place to fly to
Super*Ger
23rd-January-2009, 14:42
i bought my tickets the day munster beat sale... good enuf seats for when i bought them... flights are ridicolous but they hav to be bought
limericklassie
23rd-January-2009, 15:09
Got ours after Munster beat Leinster at RDS. Great match. Of course Muns are going to be in the final.