Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
05 Jan 13 19:56
| Topic/replies: 5,963 | Blogger: workrider's blog
can we hope they let mount benbulben go off in front tomorrow ..a little on the short side for this fellow , i really think with his customary jumping error sure to happen he'd be much better off out on his own making all , just like he did at tinahealy ....barry just might read this and heed it...if he jumps off in front , go to the front of the queue and get paid....
Pause Switch to Standard View naas tomorrow ...
Show More
Report koikeeper January 5, 2013 8:07 PM GMT
Actually think Marito is the proverbial...jumped well on its debut & the one that will be suited best to the 2m with ground no problem,

MOUNT BENBULBEN & JENARI need farther, & with both, the jumping leaves a lot to be desired....neither of them are naturals...just cant see then having the pace to trouble Marito & can see them readily outpaced at the business end...if they are still on their feet.
Report Allduckornodinner January 5, 2013 8:49 PM GMT
I think Mount Benbulben has jumped progressively worse with each run over fences. I couldn't touch him with his recent record. Mullins horse in the first didn't look no great shakes in Gowran but looks like he'll draw all the same. Interesting card but like Thurles the favs aren't bomproof in the main for me.

We could be in for a quality winner in the bumper by all accounts.
Report wildmanfromborneo January 5, 2013 9:02 PM GMT
Is it the Tiger Hill gelding?
Report Allduckornodinner January 5, 2013 9:44 PM GMT
Yeah
Report wildmanfromborneo January 6, 2013 10:37 AM GMT
Upazo looks a lay in the first today,he looked terribly one paced at Gowran and the form was let down by the winner in Limerick.
Report workrider January 6, 2013 10:40 AM GMT
hes very short indeed ..maybe this could be one for the boys ...i'm going but shall leave this race alone....
Report wildmanfromborneo January 6, 2013 10:47 AM GMT
He is owned by Sidney as well as Alberts son.
Report workrider January 6, 2013 10:48 AM GMT
enough said...could be a sting in the tail ....
Report Rocketfingers January 6, 2013 11:09 AM GMT
Wonks & wildman is this theory of yours been tested today? Just asking before you clog up the forum with more aftertiming !
Report norn iron January 6, 2013 11:53 AM GMT
SEE COUPLE OF MERVYN TORRENS HORSES RUNNING FOR DIFFERENT TRAINORS 205 BEG CHASE NAAS  QUARTETTO /HUGHIES GREY  ULSTER HARP NATIONAL WINNER  ANYONE NO WHY  ? AS TORRENS HAD MORE THAN HIS SHARE BAD LUCK  THANKS IN ADVANCE

DRUMGOOLAND EW

JENARI EW

MINSK IS VALUE @7/1 EW (ID SEND CHAM NATIVE CHASING IF WAS MINE HE COULD BE GOLD CUP HORSE IN 2 YR)

CHESTNUT CHARLIE EW (10LTS BEHIND CALL THE POLICE GIVES HIM SQUEAK)
Report tony57 January 6, 2013 12:31 PM GMT
welds in the bumper my only bet here..but 1.55 plumpton vencermos...should go close
Report punchestown January 6, 2013 12:42 PM GMT
wd wildman and Upazo layers.
Report JayTrumpOldTomDubbl January 6, 2013 12:43 PM GMT
Great call, wildman, thanks...........
Report frankalsoran60 January 6, 2013 1:13 PM GMT
mount benbulben clearly the best horse in the race..maybe best to keep him to hurdles for the moment.
Report punchestown January 6, 2013 1:13 PM GMT
Great run by Mount Benbulben,looked like he was going to get up Sad
Report koikeeper January 6, 2013 1:18 PM GMT
frankalsoran60 06 Jan 13 13:13
mount benbulben clearly the best horse in the race..maybe best to keep him to hurdles for the moment.

not over 2m!
Report Rocketfingers January 6, 2013 1:31 PM GMT
A tiny bet on King of Ardcarne ew in the 3:05 at Naas at a fancy price.
Report richters January 6, 2013 1:33 PM GMT
a 24 hr shift on here 4 u rocket.....u must of been up all night watching your losing nfl selections and drinking plenty of coffee.......
Report one last chance January 6, 2013 1:34 PM GMT
Champagne  and weld double
Report one last chance January 6, 2013 1:42 PM GMT
That didn't go to plan Cry
Report punchestown January 6, 2013 1:43 PM GMT
Champagne too bad to be true.
Report MayoMan January 6, 2013 1:47 PM GMT
Ruby caught up in a speed duel in the Naas mud - I thought that only happend to apprentices and American Jockeys
Report FOOTIEFACTS January 6, 2013 1:51 PM GMT
I think Lead Kindly Light will run well in the next
Report punchestown January 6, 2013 2:11 PM GMT
I think Lead Kindly Light will run well in the next

Did run well,thought it had a great chance turning in.
Report lustrumm January 6, 2013 2:45 PM GMT
Not Barry G's finest moment in the saddle, a lot to ask a mare to find 4 lengths after the last in any race
Report punchestown January 6, 2013 2:55 PM GMT
Got a bit baulked turning in when things tightened up,unlucky but you would have expected it to pick up the other horse after the last.
Report never give up January 6, 2013 3:19 PM GMT
The Irish Field ‏@TheIrishField
Champagne Fever was found to be suffering from a respiratory tract infection following his run in the Slaney Novice Hurdle
Report punchestown January 6, 2013 3:51 PM GMT
1.01 backers of the hotpot in the last had a fright there Crazy
Report Kriskin January 6, 2013 4:13 PM GMT
Gareth Malone was BRUTAL on the 2nd in the bumper.  Would have won with a jockey on board.
Report kingrat January 6, 2013 5:35 PM GMT
i think its only right and proper that wr and tony are banned from putting up threads on the next days irish racing.if we were stupid enough to follow these pair of mug punters we will all end up in a caravan!Shocked
Report workrider January 6, 2013 5:53 PM GMT
well lads i thought he'd got up from were i was standing , delighted to see the improvement in his jumping , i was speaking to someone close to the horse who told me they had done intensive schooling with him...it showed , still a little left to work on , he jumped a few to his right , if they can iron that out its all systems go....i'd say they were delighted with that performance.....
Report punchestown January 6, 2013 6:06 PM GMT
Gareth Malone was BRUTAL on the 2nd in the bumper.  Would have won with a jockey on board.

---------------

Just noticed he lost his irons inside the distance so shortie backers dodged a bullet there.
Report workrider January 6, 2013 6:10 PM GMT
i was standing not far from a punter who took the odds , boy was he a worried man near the finish....
Report richters January 6, 2013 6:12 PM GMT
doing a lot of standing today w.r.....is their no seats at naas mate.....lol......
Report workrider January 6, 2013 6:22 PM GMT
i always stand at naas richters ..one of the best tacks for watching racing , i must admit its hard going walking all the way to the parade ring then back down to what used to be the old stand all day....i'll need a good rest before my next outing....Grin
Report Rocketfingers January 6, 2013 6:26 PM GMT
wildmanfromborneo
06 Jan 13 10:37
| Topic/replies: 8,661 | Blogger: wildmanfromborneo's blog
Upazo looks a lay in the first today,he looked terribly one paced at Gowran and the form was let down by the winner in Limerick.

I see you're a racing post reader Wildman, well tipped us as a lay today in it. Cool
Report workrider January 6, 2013 6:30 PM GMT
coco , give the weatherman a call and give us all a laugh ...mind were you put that pin ..we dont want alice getting a little prick now do we....Laugh
Report Rocketfingers January 6, 2013 6:35 PM GMT
Busy trading the NFL wonks, i don't have time to play. Get Wildman to read some more fo the RP to you, he's very good at it. Laugh
Report wildmanfromborneo January 6, 2013 6:39 PM GMT
I hope you had a wry smile Workrider as you watched Mount Benbulben knowing everything and I mean everything you said about him turned out to be true.He obviously has been well schooled and it showed,thought he was ridden to jump round and would have beaten Marito if he was ridden into the last,I am not complaining as they were getting the horse to jump without putting it under pressure but he has some engine and ran a great race.
Champagne Fever was obviously sick so draw a line through that form.
Punchestown is right about Gareth Malone he was very poor on Totally Dominant,got the horse running and was taken to the outside by Exterminate but then he managed to get him to duck back under the whip,he followed this by going for a crazy gap up the inside,while bulldozing his way through there he lost his iron and just failed to get up.Grecian Tiger got tired in the dreadful ground and looked unimpressive but I feel he was in front too long and will be much better on better ground.
Report Allduckornodinner January 6, 2013 6:41 PM GMT
Workrider did you take much notice of Dawerann in the ring before the bumper? I thought it was interesting that someone wanted to get matched at 20's on here last night for a few quid as you'd expect a runner from the yard in a 4yo bumper in January to be at least double that. They didn't collect obviously but he looked to run a nice enough race looking at it on tv and I can imagine he'll probably improve for the experience.
Report Rocketfingers January 6, 2013 6:59 PM GMT
What will you tip next week Wildman the pricewise selections? Laugh
Report wildmanfromborneo January 6, 2013 7:02 PM GMT
It seems to hurt you that once again my lay of the day got beaten.
Report Rocketfingers January 6, 2013 7:08 PM GMT
It was not your lay of the day it was the Boyles representitive Paudi Hassett on page 11 of the RP
Report wildmanfromborneo January 6, 2013 7:16 PM GMT
There are a host of tipsters and writers in the Racing Post so there is bound to be a convergence although they would never do what you used to do tip something on here and then tip another on another forum to lock in a success.
Report Rocketfingers January 6, 2013 7:22 PM GMT
Sorry Wildman got the wrong person for your makey up stories, i always back my opinion, sometimes i'm right sometimes i'm wrong but i'm always definite. I rarely post a football tip anymore
Report lustrumm January 6, 2013 7:22 PM GMT
Wildman my own opinion re Mount Belbulben is that Davy Condon can't settle him. Carberry finally got a hold of him today and he ran his best race yet. If his jumping continues to improve I could see him betting a bit pot in one of the handicaps at Cheltenham where settling won't be any issue. Clearly all talk of Graded races is at an end now. He is a good 2 mile handicapper in the making, no more
Report kingrat January 6, 2013 7:25 PM GMT
in fairness rf ,let wildman bore have his moment. he put up a winner.wr and his cohorts are heading for a caravan park...
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y January 6, 2013 7:26 PM GMT
He is a good 2 mile handicapper in the making, no more

really??
Report wildmanfromborneo January 6, 2013 7:28 PM GMT
The reason you don't post football tips is they all lost.
Lustrum don't disagree with you with regards Davy Condon but think Mount Benbulben is a lot better than a handicapper.
Report punchestown January 6, 2013 7:32 PM GMT
He is a good 2 mile handicapper in the making, no more
------------------------------------------------------
1 Mount Benbulben

Tracked leaders on outer, progress to dispute lead 4f out, ridden to lead entering straight, went clear 1f out, stayed on strongly

2  Lovethehigherlaw   

tracked leader in 2nd, dropped to last but in touch 4f out, closed again into 3rd and ridden entering straight, drifted left from 1 1/2f out, went moderate 2nd

Think you'll (we'll) find out later in the season.Devil
Report Rocketfingers January 6, 2013 7:37 PM GMT
Not true but seeing as you're making things up about me on this thread you may as well continue.
Report DECALEC January 6, 2013 7:47 PM GMT
where exactly were you standing workrider,was there with the wife today had M/B at 11/2 and thought it was getting up from where i was standing yes it jumped out right at a few didn't get away from the last as could have done deffinitely best horse from the race
Report silvergreaser January 6, 2013 8:19 PM GMT
Champagne Fever you know the one they thought was the bees knees?, yet the horse went off at 16/1 at Cheltenham suggests no real stable confidence?, granted the Cheltenham bumper form has worked out well, guys tipping this one up for the festival as if it was the 2nd coming of Istabraq?, was it the trip today or is the horse simply over hyped and simply not good enough or is the trainer pulling yet another fast one?
Report DECALEC January 6, 2013 8:22 PM GMT
read all the thread
Report silvergreaser January 6, 2013 8:27 PM GMT
Forgive me dec for not reading it all as I'm so use to running into childish stalkers that I couldn't be arsed.
Report kingrat January 6, 2013 8:32 PM GMT
well i tell u sil,i think that was a stroke,btw i had no interest in the race,i never back odds on shots.thats a classic wm imoLaugh
Report DECALEC January 6, 2013 8:44 PM GMT
thats the attitude sgLaugh
Report workrider January 6, 2013 8:48 PM GMT
decalec ,    i was in the old stand as it was known years ago...about half a furlong from the finish , as he passed me i thought he was getting there ,if he'd jumped the last well he'd have won , i also heard they were thinking of letting him make the running , but what swayed them was they knew 2 others were going to set off at a fair clip...so maybe barry looks in here ....paul gave him confidence today by letting him see his fences ..cant wait till they let him off the leach ...allduck got held up and only reached the paddock as the jocks mounted , never caught sight of him tbh...the few i did see were the fav , who looks like a big  raw horse who was very fit , seven nation army is a smashing looking horse and ran a cracker , but the outstanding horse in the paddock for me was don vincenzo , it ran no sort of race and maybe useless but hes a real looker....btw wildmanfromborneo , i had a look at willies in the first  , a very plain looker , i'd be surprized if many winers came out of this race....
Report DECALEC January 6, 2013 9:03 PM GMT
not far away from where  i was ye musta heard me shouting home DAVY on rule the world WRLaugh
Report punchestown January 6, 2013 9:14 PM GMT
Forgive me dec for not reading it all as I'm so use to running into childish stalkers that I couldn't be arsed.
----------------

Silver,the horse was post race abnormal with a breathing problem- respiratory tract infection.
Report workrider January 6, 2013 9:24 PM GMT
i was on the 2nd dec... i was amazed to see minsk never went lower than 4 0 on here in running...Shocked
Report Tolmi January 6, 2013 9:49 PM GMT
Obviously plenty thought Mount Benbulben was getting up.Traded unbelievably short in running.
Report DECALEC January 6, 2013 10:16 PM GMT
i was on the 2nd dec... i was amazed to see minsk never went lower than 4 0 on here in running...Shocked THAT'S STRANGE INDEED punchestown 06 Jan 13 21:14 
----------------

Silver,the horse was post race abnormal with a breathing problem- respiratory tract infection.HEARD THIS AT RACECOURSE OVER PAS was going make a comment it saved THE RICCI'S  afew £ not having pay thier own vet etc;but as was posted earlier...ye know the rest..away to bed work in morningPlain
Report silvergreaser January 7, 2013 9:29 AM GMT
Maybe the horse had a respiratory tract infection, but I'm pretty sure the horse scoped clean the morning of the race so within a few hours the horse got sick?, forgive me for been the eternal pessimist that I am but isn't it funny when a hot fav is beaten there is always an excuse none of these horses are ever beaten because they were simply not good enough?.
Report workrider January 7, 2013 12:56 PM GMT
as an aside , i watched ruby as they approached the last he had dropped back into forth , the potts horse looked booked for third  till ruby got after c/fever , low and behold it started to run on really well to regain third ...strange on refection ...
Report soapp January 7, 2013 6:55 PM GMT
A very good crowd including WR!! turned up for the first Sunday meeting of the new year at the popular Naas venue.

Race 1) Jennies Jewel 6/1. Only seen this on the in running betting. Seemed to be the only danger to the jolly Upazo (8/11f) Good shout from WMFB. Ruby in his column in the Examiner wasn't too bullish about this one. Ground concerns along with the extra 3 furlongs.

Race 2) Marito 4/6f. The jolly was made to work hard by WR's favourite horse. This was Ruby's nap as he said he was a great jumper. Arkle at Leop next I believe. I would be surprised if Willie didn't have something better.

Race 3) Rule The World 7/1. Mouse was sweet on this one and it was pulling double all the way up the straight to win as he liked. Champagne Fever (1/4f)went out like a light and was found to be suffering from a respiratory tract infection. I was told afterwards that the jolly was a shadow of himself in the paddock beforehand. None of the Gigginstown crew were at Naas but I heard today that Mouse is hoping next stop Cheltenham.

Race 4) Beneficial Spirit 10/1. A handicappers delight as half the field were in contention between the last two fences. Brian O'Connell made the most of a nice spare to get the better of Geraghty on O'Grady's Quiet Thought. Luke's Benefit (7/2f) ran an honest race and ran out of steam in the run to the line. I had Rothwell last on another thread that Keen Leader had up. Revision maybe needed. 33/1 in the morning. A nice coup. Saoirse Dunn brought off a nice coup at the beginning of his winning sequence at the last meeting here in November.

Race 5) Charlies Vic 15/2. It's not often a 7 lb claimer gets the better of a champion jockey but Derek Fox didn't look out of place up against Russell, Carberry and Geraghty. All four were in with a shout up the straight with Charlie's Vic edging it from the jolly Our Girl Salley (4/5f). Geraghty had said on his blog that everything was right for his mare, ground trip and course but it just ran into one too good. The winner had been double figures in the morning so connections who I know nothing about got a few quid.

Race 6) Thepartysover 9/1. A welcome winner for M P Burke who had a lot of placings as this one got up in the shadow of the post from the jolly Fair Dilemma (4/1jf). A credit to the handicapper again.  I later learnt that the trainer Gerry Hayes is from the Moneygall clan ( relation anyway) of Ollys fame. The pub Obama came to in May 2011.

Race 7) Grecian Tiger (8/15f) I don't whether this one won easy or not but I do know he stopped to nothing in the last 100 yards. I was too busy watching Darwaan. Allduck, I was at the paddock with WR and Sinndar for this race and I have to say Daarwaan looked well so much so that I chanced £2 at 75 on here. If I wasn't yapping to someone during the race I would have traded out for a nice little profit. It went as low as 3.25.
Report soapp January 7, 2013 7:09 PM GMT
I would recommend everone on track to tune into the Irish Racing Team on Twitter. Within 10 minutes of each race they had a quote from connections of each winner.

Twitter if properly used can be a mine of info.

It's well worth following Barry Geraghty as he let's us know when his blog his online. And most informative it was too.
Someday we will get workrider to tune into twitter.

One other point. I changed newspaper at the weekend. I used get the Indo but since Christmas the have gone tabloid only, with the result that there is no pullout sports section. I got the Examiner for the first time. What a paper. Brilliant brilliant brilliant!

1) An excellent and informative column from Ruby Walsh.
2) Also one from Jessica Harrington.
3) Pat Keane's selections. The best tipster bar none in the trade. ( Thepartysover)
4) A thought provoking article each weekend from Keane. This week it was titled ' Leave Thurles Alone' and it was excellent.
5) Sports pull out section and colour cards for all the mainland tv action.
Report kavvie January 7, 2013 9:13 PM GMT
im telling people for years about the examiner.its the best by far.specially for sport
Report wildmanfromborneo January 7, 2013 11:12 PM GMT
Great write up Soapp and plenty of food for thought but bear in mind some of us on here are old and would need help with regard twitter,maybe you could be our connection.
Report pa lapsy January 9, 2013 10:53 AM GMT
Great post race thoughts once again Soapp.
Examiner always a great paper,was on saluting terms with a fair few that worked there when the paper was based in Academy st,a lovely bunch.
No expert on twitter at all, easiest way around it imo Wildman is just by googling on a new page say Ian poulter on twitter or Irish racing team on twitter,that should show the tweets.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 4, 2020 9:07 PM GMT
.......WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO ALLDUCKORNODINNER......
workrider 01 Nov 13 19:55.....Another great poster who seems to have gone missing , along with  Princess , something or other , cant remember his second name , both worth listening to on p2p horses ..We could do with them back....

pa lapsy • November 1, 2013 7:03 PM GMT Princess D'Anjou I think, yeah really knew their horses, DingleMick another who was a brilliant poster, haven,t seen Monte Cristo, Punchestown, Oufies Pal for a while either, think DJ is gone for a break as well which is a shame.

AND soapp too
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 4, 2020 10:06 PM GMT
Yielding, Good To Yielding In Places
RACING GETS UNDER WAY AT 12.50 with Good Thyne Tara 1/2
1.20 Tornado Flyer 7/4
1.50 Hcap Chase Eddie's Allardyce 7/2
2.20 LAWLORS of NAAS Envoi Allen 4/11
2.50 Maiden Hdl 1,2,3 - Bold Enough 5/1, Asterion Forlonge 8/11 & Time Goes By 40/1
3.20 Hcap Hurdle Barden's Mc Alpine, could be fun shouting him home from the 'Old Stand'.
3.50 Always an interesting bumper betting on rumour of the day.
Report punchestown January 4, 2020 10:38 PM GMT
Might be a day for watching more than betting with a couple of hot pots on show.,the two handicaps are also interesting puzzles and there's no racecourse form to guide us for the finale.The second race is a cracker with some top prospects in the field,it will be interesting to see which way the money is going in the morning for this particular race.

The last page of this thread brings back some memories.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 4, 2020 10:50 PM GMT
Jasus man, click/switch to "New Community"
Report punchestown January 5, 2020 10:22 AM GMT
What are you talking about?^^
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 5, 2020 12:16 PM GMT
Punch, you may still be on “Community Classic”,

On the top left of your forum page after the words “Community Classic” it reads “switch to New Community”.....Click on this to switch to the better forum. HTH.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 5, 2020 12:45 PM GMT
Looks like Galileo Dance has swayed to a bet at 5/2
Report punchestown January 5, 2020 4:48 PM GMT
Punch, you may still be on “Community Classic”,

On the top left of your forum page after the words “Community Classic” it reads “switch to New Community”.....Click on this to switch to the better forum. HTH

-------------------

Nope,I'm on the new one I think,thanks anyhow."Switch to Community Classic" is my option from here.
Report workrider January 6, 2020 6:57 PM GMT
Paul was poor on the mare in the first imo, should have left her alone and let her do the jumping instead of taking a pull approaching that fence , Tornado found to be distressed, Pencilfulloflead couldn't jump to save its life, best jump was at the last. Allen will win ANY race he goes for at Cheltenham...
Report punchestown January 6, 2020 7:11 PM GMT
Pencilfulloflead ...very disappointing since winning its Bumper.Looks dreadfully one paced.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com