Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
monksland
17 Nov 12 16:27
| Topic/replies: 87 | Blogger: monksland's blog
think the odds are huge, only 5 already won 2 grd 1's, still improvment in her. Q's over mullins form

thoughts?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 7
By:
silvergreaser
When: 17 Nov 12 18:39
I think Hurricane Fly is a little overrated in fact he might be more than a little?, a very good horse no doubt, but he was talked about as the next Istabraq at one stage after regulary beating up decent but hardly superstar material.

If you're willing to delve a little closer his win in the Champion hurdle at the Festival was not all what it seemed at the time, Peddlars Cross has hardly set the world on fire since, when you consider that Ruby had to get very serious halfway up the run in to fend off his renewed challenge.

Last year he had everything in his favour, but was beaten fair and square, had nothing left to give after the last, another hard ridden victory over Zaidpour at Punchestown just confirmed him as a good horse not the re-incarnation of Istabraq some thought him to be.

A dangerous race to get involved in tomorrow a couple of trainers notorious for leaving a little to work on, but I do get your drift Monksland 7/1 does look a decent price in a race so typical of Irish racing.

As per usual its a guessing game?.
By:
oufies pal
When: 17 Nov 12 18:59
still have to be some doubts about mullins stable after display of simenon at punchestown today. more inclined to side with go native myself. very impressive on flat at galway lto. 10/3 with powers looks fair enough.
By:
STELLAR MANIPULATOR
When: 17 Nov 12 19:55
Used to think Unaccompanied liked a good cut but far from convinced she likes it extreme soft which I presume it will be tomorrow ?
By:
CheltenhamRoar
When: 17 Nov 12 20:53
Not really sure how you think she will turn around the 29L thrashing Hurricane Fly served up to her last time the met,Apart from that she must hold every chance Crazy

Go Native for me,Cant really see him been beat in all honesty,Hurricane Fly is a tad over-rated imo and should not be odds on.
By:
tony57
When: 17 Nov 12 21:18
i can pass on that the vibes around the fly are good...im told he,s working as good as ever..im not sure about backing him 2mrw tho?..like others i was very impressed with go native and it may be a race to watch or just a small bet..regarding the mullins string..his bumper winner today won with ease..mh would of won!..mullins has said he thinks he has sorted the coughing out ..so if the fly is beat 2mrw i dont think that will be a excuse?..welds horse is no doubt a classy mare..but imo against her own sex...
By:
silvergreaser
When: 18 Nov 12 12:59
Mr Cotton wool Weld at it again?, Unaccompanied nr, not sure why?, can't be the ground as nearly all the horses previous victories were on ground described as soft or worse.
By:
acertaintybeat
When: 19 Nov 12 13:52
Reported in season
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel