Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tony57
25 May 12 20:40
| Topic/replies: 12,539 | Blogger: tony57's blog
2.10 cay verde
mick channon has made no secret of how much he rates this horse..won a decent race at ascot..this is tougher but he must go close if maintaining his form..and @5/1 is a e/w bet to nothing imo
there have been a few whispers for welds in the first..but like most of his it may need it fto?
Pause Switch to Standard View curragh saturday
Show More
Report Bassanio May 25, 2012 8:53 PM BST
Where is the 5/1?

Aidan's got an easy ride first time. Was slightly disappointed with the manner of victory last time but the faster surface will make her more competitive.
Report workrider May 25, 2012 10:44 PM BST
dont rule out lyons horse ....got badly bumped lto when running a cracker ....
Report da fallon factor May 25, 2012 11:02 PM BST
really fancy the lyons horse myself,travelled like a dream last time at naas before being hampered and i know the stable like this fella
Report JayTrumpOldTomDubbl May 25, 2012 11:51 PM BST
Would be much more interested in the Lyons horse if J.Murtagh was on top,as Ger uses JP as often as possible
and didn't this fellow run all over the place against Dawn Approach, Wildcat not for me, even in first time blinds.
I would give Channons a good chance, but how good is the form of the Ascot race he won ? a placed horse beaten since
AP O"B's is always dangerous and the Marble Hill is one he targets, dangerous, a filly doh
Bolgers has chances of sorts, as Jim can win these good races....with anything, regardless of form.
The others bar one have small chances of maybe sneaking a place, the bar one is Jesse Harrington's  flew in at Cork back on 7th April and will take some stopping here, beat Infanta Branca comfortably and no reason for placings to be reversed, I'd say that unless Channons  is very good Jessie can win this, pity its a filly doh
Report huddys May 26, 2012 12:07 AM BST
think hannons horse in the guinness has an outstanding chance and at around 6/1 is my e/w bet of the weekend,cant see it outside the 1st 3,
Report andyclark57 May 26, 2012 5:30 AM BST
MR Channon last 5 years at The Curragh 0-19 (0-23 in Ireland).  This would be enough to put me off.
Report thebrave May 26, 2012 5:49 AM BST
andy - You had me at M R Channon, that'd be enough to put me off Laugh
Report tony57 May 26, 2012 7:36 AM BST
channon does have a awfull record..but this horse looks nice..
Report Bassanio May 26, 2012 9:23 AM BST
That debut race of his at Newbury has worked out very well with numerous winners emerging from the race.

I was given world for the Bell horse that day, Fils Anges, but it simply could not act on the ground and finished stone last. Could be worth putting in the notebook.

Obviously the winner himself is well worth following as he came from a long way back that day and his pedigree suggests that he improve a bundle for a better surface.
Report silvergreaser May 26, 2012 10:03 AM BST
Parish Hall out of Guineas and Derby, hind leg infection?.
Report workrider May 26, 2012 12:04 PM BST
going to have a small interest in both of these today....fire lily and tenn wildcat....tenn wildcat a horse full of potential i know its asking a lot of him against horse from  such powerful yards ..but i just liked what i saw for the first 4 furs last time ....fire lily is a smart filly , i wasn't sure about her attitude in leop if i'm honest , but after her run in french gns i'm more inclined to forgive her ,i think the english sprinters are superior to ours ,sole power been the exception , and the oversea runners  might rule the roost again...i'm just hoping fire lily's touch of class will see her through....good luck all...
Report Gone To Slips May 26, 2012 1:22 PM BST
I have had a big each way bet{for me}on Takar today.Really impressed with how well this one travels and think he can find the improvement required to get involved today with the better ground also a plus.
Report JayTrumpOldTomDubbl May 26, 2012 2:25 PM BST
Well done Tony on the ball again, Wink
A colt should nearly always beat a filly in this type of race
Amazing Aidan didn't have a colt for it, given his record in the Marble Hill........
Mick Channon is one of the good guys and he said he was amazed when he got here and found the ground so dry Wink, "Aidan hasn't been watering" he said tongue in cheek, (must want it firm for his 2000gns runners Wink)
Report tony57 May 26, 2012 2:40 PM BST
thanks jay..i was sweet on it..although i got the prices wrong..best i got was 3/1
Report tyronesam May 26, 2012 3:12 PM BST
well done tony...anything else tickle your fancy today
Report JayTrumpOldTomDubbl May 26, 2012 3:23 PM BST
Power to you and me........... get in there Aidan,Newmarket was a gallop LaughLaugh
Report tony57 May 26, 2012 4:57 PM BST
thank you tyronesam..no nothing in ireland anyway..im a jumps man ..flat racing is not my thing..but i get on with it..i thought bleachdale lad was impressive last night and should go in again nto if running in the same grade..
welldone jay..nice tipping mate....no sign of pa for the last few days?
Report by purpose May 26, 2012 5:21 PM BST
Tenessee Wildcat is not worth an empty milk carton.It done its act in Naas for one reason only and that is because he is a madra.
Report workrider May 26, 2012 6:14 PM BST
i'll have to agree by purpose , very poor show today ....one to forget about for now.... it was a smashing day at the curragh , backed obriens in the first at 7/1 thought she looked really well in the pre  parade as well as been very composed in the parade ring itself..had a look at the winner and was not impressed in fact i thought she was the worst walker among them ...just goes to show what i know ....fire lily came there sweetly to win her race but found little when asked...they'll find it hard to win a top class race with her i think...we live to fight another day....
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com