Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
paddletoe
25 Jan 12 02:15
| Topic/replies: 10,649 | Blogger: paddletoe's blog
Apparently kerry All Star Declan O'Sullivan complained a lady hit him with her handbag in the melee that followed the all ireland junior club football semi final on Sunday. Now they want at least a reply and possibly their Tyrone victors disqualified.

The Kerry team had two men lined. Could and should have had 5 red cards all for seperate incidents.

But probably the most classless thing i had heard about on a football field in a while happened even before the throw in when All Star O'Sullivan taunted his Tyrone third division club footballer opponent about his all ireland medals and how bad his marker was. On a par with Shane Warne bowling out Irelands 11 man batsman and sledging him while he is walking off.
Pause Switch to Standard View Kerry team looking a replay for one...
Show More
Report paddletoe January 25, 2012 2:23 AM GMT
Work out this accumulator. Derrytresk are in the all ireland junior club final after a run of 8 championship wins. But they were outsiders in every single match they have played. 2/1 outsiders in their first round match of the Tyrone championship and 5/2 in the county final. Big outsiders in at least one of their Ulster wins and 7/2 on Sunday against the Kerry team. Outsiders in all other matches in between.

Not too many years ago they went through a whole club and championship season in Tyrone without winning a single match.

What an achievement it would be if this team ( from a parish where there is not even a shop ) won an all ireland.
Report Dan Chipowski January 25, 2012 2:39 AM GMT
All saints above in Tyrone.
Report squigs January 25, 2012 8:28 AM GMT
Based on video evidence, player testimony and accounts of spectators you neglect to mention that the Kerry lads have another player left concussed and another with a fractured cheekbone, these lads are all meant to go to work on the Monday. That a number of these assaults were from spectators and substitutes does not really leave the lads from Tyrone with much credit.

They should not be thrown out but those caught on video evidence should be told they are not welcome back to the GAA.
Report db1974 January 25, 2012 9:49 AM GMT
Of course they will be welcome back into the GAA fold with open arms

This is what the GAA is all about and why no real action is ever taken
Report thefly10 January 25, 2012 10:25 AM GMT
Apparently kerry All Star Declan O'Sullivan complained a lady hit him with her handbag in the melee that followed the all ireland junior club football semi final on Sunday. Now they want at least a reply and possibly their Tyrone victors disqualified.

The Kerry team had two men lined. Could and should have had 5 red cards all for seperate incidents.

But probably the most classless thing i had heard about on a football field in a while happened even before the throw in when All Star O'Sullivan taunted his Tyrone third division club footballer opponent about his all ireland medals and how bad his marker was. On a par with Shane Warne bowling out Irelands 11 man batsman and sledging him while he is walking off.

Paddletoe are you serious? Take a look at the this before writing up that rubbish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v954WVzDfMg
Report tobywong. January 25, 2012 11:00 AM GMT
imo the gaa needs to come down hard on people entering the field of play , i.e. subs , mentors, supporters.

A precedent needs to be layed down and imo the guilty clubs should be hit hard with fines and suspensions from competitions starting with last Sundays culprits.
Report paddletoe January 25, 2012 11:22 AM GMT
I was not at the match but my sister was in the stand and her husband was on the field. So i have been given some first hand reports.

I have watched the video clip of the incident on the pitch. The fighting was all brought about when a Kerry player took a swinging punch at the Derrytresk manager on the sideline. Look at for the Keey player aiming a punch at the guy in the blue and white track top. Prior to that there had been a bit of pushing on both sides, but again started by the kerry team. The first act of violence was carried out by the kerry team.

Derrytresk finished the match with one yellow card. I listened to the game on the radio and the coomentators cited at least 7 sepearte red cards for the Kerry team. In the end just two of them were lined.
Report tobywong. January 25, 2012 11:26 AM GMT
Its of little consequence who started it and in the main when players recieve red cards they are given their suspensions. As i said the big elephant in the room are people entering the field of play , imo the only people allowed enter the pitch are the 30 players, ref and 1 designated water carrier/ medical person from each team.
Report paddletoe January 25, 2012 11:30 AM GMT
Stop the video at 4 seconds in. You will see a Derrytresk player flat out on the field following a foul. The real trouble then starts when the Kerry number 4 takes two swinging punches at the Derrytresk manager in the blue top. Luckily the Derrytresk manager put up his arm to defend himself before the first punch could land.
Report paddletoe January 25, 2012 11:33 AM GMT
Well yes, i dont agree with any fighting in football. If anybody wants to fight they should take up boxing. And yes, any supporters or players who hit referees or managers should be given very long bans.

Not sure why these field fights, which sometimes include supporters, are seen in gaa and not in other sports. I guess its to do with the close parish rivalry between teams.
Report itcanbedone January 25, 2012 11:34 AM GMT
Paddletoe, what about the t*sticle grabbing?  Did your brother in law have anything to say about that?
Report db1974 January 25, 2012 11:39 AM GMT
There's very little parish rivalry between a team from Kerry and another from Tyrone!

The bottom line is that the reason these fights continue year-after-year is because they are tolerated by the GAA at all levels
Report paddletoe January 25, 2012 11:45 AM GMT
Facts speak for themselves. Derrytresk had one player yellow carded. The kerry team had lots of yellow cards and two reds and according to the commentators they were lucky not to have been given half a dozen other red cards for seperate incidents.

An all ireland winning captain and multiple all star bragging and insulting his marker even before the throw in. The Derrytresk lad never played at any level higher than third division club football. Total lack of repect and class.
Report paddletoe January 25, 2012 11:48 AM GMT
The Derrytresk supporters could hear what O'Sullivan was saying. Any wonder he got a clip around the head with a handbag after the game.
Report thefly10 January 25, 2012 12:22 PM GMT
Paddletoe you seem to be laying the blame of Sunday's antics solely on Dromid Pearses.

It takes two to tango and both are equally as bad as each other.

I was at the game myself, from the town end goal it was hard enough to see but from the examiner video Dromid's no.10 started the melee. Note it's the tactician he is having handbags with. First of all how many backroom staff etc. are allowed on the sidelines?

The invasion of the Derrytresk subs and supporters is absolutely sickening. Credit to the few that tried to hold them back. A number of them should be handed life long bans from our games in particular that fella in the green hood. Sc*mbag isnt the word.

I hope to god the enforcers come down heavy on the culprits. Is it not about time a marker is layed down.
Report thefly10 January 25, 2012 12:31 PM GMT
@ Paddletoe...

Were you beside him when D O'Sull said things!

An all ireland winning captain and multiple all star bragging and insulting his marker even before the throw in. The Derrytresk lad never played at any level higher than third division club football. Total lack of repect and class.

The Derrytresk supporters could hear what O'Sullivan was saying. Any wonder he got a clip around the head with a handbag after the game.

Why do you keep rambling on about this? Where is the evidence? Little things like this go on in every game no surprise. This how you greet and meet your opponent these days unfortunalty!

There is FAR bigger issues to be dealt with from the game.
Report superhero January 25, 2012 5:03 PM GMT
@ Paddletoe
Facts speak for themselves. Derrytresk had one player yellow carded. The kerry team had lots of yellow cards and two reds and according to the commentators they were lucky not to have been given half a dozen other red cards for seperate incidents.

I dont know where to start here with the lies, first off i have seen the full dvd and was at the game so i know what im talking about and not going on 2nd hand info, where this thing about the yellows came from i dont know, Derrytresk had at least 4 yellows, one for attempting to con the ref in the 1st half, one from the brawl and 2 from the same incident in the second half for double fouling a Dromid player.(thats waht i can remember from the dvd) Im not sure what relevance a card count has but at least get it right. Also some of the yellows dished out to Dromid were laughable to say the least. One such incident where he gave dromid a free from where the ball landed because of a late tackle on the guy kicking is an example, he then proceded to book the dromid player for hurting the guy that came in with the late tackle, still gave the free to dromid though, go figure.
Cant imagine Declan saying any of the stuff you have said and this is the first place ive came across these allegations. Derrytresk are lucky that he wanted to get out of there and not press charges against the "lovely lady" that came in swinging a handbag that was almost as big as herself.
To see the moron trying for the last 5 minutes of the game trying to get a high five from Declan was pathetic altogether, people were giving as good as they were getting from all sides.
As for the game itself, the blame lies completely with the officials, they made a meal of it from the start to the finish and the ref never really stamped any authority on the game, his report will be most interesting.

As regards the clip on youtube there are a few from either side who will be sweating on the ccccccccccccccccc's verdict, esp the hooded guy who came in and knocked out the dromid midfielder. While i dont agree with players fighting, its one thing for players to knock the sh1t out of each other, it takes on a completely new level when people jump out of the crowd to get involved. This is where the main critiscm of DT is coming from. Id like to see the Derrytresk recording of the game, it could maybe clear up a few things for better or for worse
Report superhero January 25, 2012 5:12 PM GMT
One final thing, i didnt hear of anyone looking for a replay. The final result is not in question, its the people who felt that they could come from the stand all guns blazing that seems to be the problem
Report timberman January 25, 2012 8:41 PM GMT
talking to a portlaoise native at the game he said derrytresk were the most poisonous outfit that ever entered o moore park which is saying something their supporters were shouting poisonous obseneties from start to finish even at local laois people ..their players grabbing their opponents by testicles on a number of occasions...their subs ran onto the field like pitbulls and declan o sullivan was struck by about a dozen derrytresk players and supporters during the game....the gaa should just give derrytresk the cup rather than subject the galway team to such savagery!
Report Rocketfingers January 25, 2012 9:01 PM GMT
Ah i'd like to say to these parlour GAA players to harden up ffs or shut it ! Well done to the Northern boys these are the kind of boys we need v the Aussies.
Report superhero January 25, 2012 9:48 PM GMT
The Laois chairmans words do not reflect well on the DT contingent. He said the 3 other teams were very easy to manage and the stewards spoke of their disgust at the Derrytresk crowd . On saying that I think an awful lot of rubbish has been wrote about both clubs in the last few days and its unfair that the Derrytresk club should be sullied owing to the actions of a few idiots who dont know any better. Im sure not every one of them agreed with what went on.  I wonder what Clonbur make of all of this?
Report paddletoe January 26, 2012 12:02 AM GMT
The video of this flare up is now on youtube in super slow mo. You can the full sequence of events.

I would say look out for a few things.

First it all started when a kerry player manhandled and punched a Derrytresk player in the stomach. The Derrtresk player only offence was holding the ball after a free had been given. This Derrytresk player remained flat out on the ground for a few minutes when everything else was going on around him.

The real problem started when the kerry number 4 tried to go for second on the Derrytresk player lying on the ground. The Derrytresk manager in the blue track top pushed him off. The Kerry number 4 the swung two punches at him. You can see the Derrytresk managers participation in everything that followed. He was in no way an aggressor.

Later in the clip watch out for 0'Sullivan. You can clearly see him mouthing off to several Derrytresk players.

The action all happened on one side of the field. Next to the Derrytresk subs and all their supporters. The Derrytresk contingent showed remarkable peacefullness in light of seeing their manager assaulted. Common assault. Player should be banned.

to be honest the fighting did not look too bad. I am only compelled to comment in light of the reaction from the kerry club and the kerry media. They were the aggressors.
Report db1974 January 26, 2012 12:07 AM GMT
Can you link to this video please
Report db1974 January 26, 2012 12:16 AM GMT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUmKAV0y6Yg

Here is the video I presume. If you look closely, after the initial incident, the No.4 from Kerry runs in and is clearly tripped up by the Tyrone mentor - you can see the mentor lunge forward at 0:38 mins. The No. 4 then swings out at the mentor and it basically kicks off from there.
Report db1974 January 26, 2012 12:19 AM GMT
Also the guy who got the original shove was in the process of getting up when his own man falls into him while in a tussle with a Kerry lad

Also I don't see too many Maroon-clad fellas pouring in from the stands
Report Dan Chipowski January 26, 2012 12:21 AM GMT
paddletoe     Joined: 24 Jul 07
Replies: 2443 26 Jan 12 00:02 
The Derrytresk contingent showed remarkable peacefullness in light of seeing their manager assaulted. Common assault. Player should be banned.

Laugh

The DT subs and supporters who came over that wall are no better than animals.
Report paddletoe January 26, 2012 12:31 AM GMT
You dont see many maroon clad lads piling in from the stands because their supporters were not in that part of the stand.
Report paddletoe January 26, 2012 12:33 AM GMT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUmKAV0y6Yg
Report paddletoe January 26, 2012 12:34 AM GMT
so who threw the first punches?
Report paddletoe January 26, 2012 12:40 AM GMT
Technically speaking the subs are on the field of play so they have as much right to get involved as any of the starting players. Infact the subs who got invoLved covered less ground to get involved than some of the outfield players who were at the other end of the subs.
Report paddletoe January 26, 2012 12:49 AM GMT
i stand corrected of the number of yellows Derrytresk were given. I was listening in the wireless and it stopped for about 20 minutes. The comms could not beleieve how many Kerry players were still on the field for fouls. They were adamant O'Sullvan should have been sent off for an incident at the very end.
Report jungleboogie January 26, 2012 7:31 AM GMT
ah the kerry boys...well able to give it,but cant take it.
Report wildmanfromborneo January 26, 2012 8:17 AM GMT
"Technically speaking the subs are on the field of play so they have as much right to get involved as any of the starting players"
While it is admirable and understandable for Paddletoe to defend his own County,that defence of the subs is the best yet.
Report Tolmi January 26, 2012 8:45 AM GMT
I would have "remarkable peacefulness" as the best!This thread is a fascinating insight into how the human mind can work in trying to construct a defence.
Report paddletoe January 26, 2012 10:06 AM GMT
Watched the clip a few times and its hardly a big fight. The most ridiculous thing is the way the Kerry boys complained about this. They started it all but did not like it up them.

A few spectators coming onto the field? They never hit anyone as far as i could see. The Derrytresk specators coming onto the field might as well been streakers because they never done anything.

Bunch a big girls this Kerry team.
Report paddletoe January 26, 2012 10:16 AM GMT
By the way i am not a Derrytresk club person. Just think its a remarkable achievement reaching an all ireland final considering their size and history. Think they may have went several seasons without winning a match.

Been told of some of their preparations for matches since reaching the county final. Dublin and their blue book would not have a look in.

Since winning the county final their wives and girlfriends are going around callling themselves wags.
Report kavvie January 26, 2012 11:54 AM GMT
i seen the video and as a true blue gaa man im sickened by the carry on of the tyrone "team".as for above comments about declan o sullivan its strange that since he came on the county scene he has never been in trouble or been associated with bad behaviour.im not from kerry or have no connection with the county but i feel that the galway team should be awarded the all ireland and that the guilty partys should get long bans..over to you gaa!!
Report DECALEC January 26, 2012 3:35 PM GMT
well in SF of ulster they were 4/7 to win and the final they were 8/11 so work it out yourself who was the outsider and by the way the beaten SF team are my own parish club who like the beaten finalists had a man sent off in the 1st minutes of the match and ive just read the KERRY TEAM HAD 2 sent off, like having men sent off does this tyrone team
Report DECALEC January 26, 2012 3:55 PM GMT
the EIRE OG player to see red was on the word of an umpire that he attempted to kick his opponent.
The Derrytresk player made a few unsovuory comments about a member of the OG'S man's family,yes i know this happen's some can deal with it some can't but they were a different class to EIRE OG and didn't need this to aid their win on the day or any day there a 2nd Div side where as EIRE OG just got promoted to Div 3 after winning 4th Div i await you response TYRONE
Report thefly10 January 26, 2012 4:50 PM GMT
Paddletoe no.1 Kerry supporter.

You have a such a childish resetment against the Kingdom.

Bunch a big girls this Kerry team.
Report paddletoe January 26, 2012 4:58 PM GMT
In order to be fair i have looked at the video clip in slo mo. Yes, two kerry players did get clipped by two Tresk players. But the Kerry players that got hit were running into the melee looking for rowing.

I could see no spectators on the field. The fella with the hoodie was a player. He is wearing football boots and a tracksuit. A lot of the Tresk players were wearing hoodies. Think oeople are confusing them with spectators.

I only saw one spectator on the field. he had a hoodie too. But when i asked someone if he knew him they said no. So more likely a Kerry spectator or a randomer/neutral who just came on. Anyway this fella showed no agression.

The whole thing is all to do about nothing. In any event it all started when the Kerry player took two swinging punches at the Tresk Manager.
Report itsbeenapleasure January 26, 2012 5:11 PM GMT
it was a cowardly act by the subs and mentors to jump in like that.. its 15 vs 15 on the field.. if dirty play is coming from the kerry side they'll be punished.. ya dont see the klitschko brothers jumping in for each other when the goin gets tough!!brave men jumping in from the side attacking players trying to play the game
Report paddletoe January 26, 2012 5:39 PM GMT
Watch the video. The subs only came charging on when a Kerry player tried to clothes line the Tresk manager. Bad state of affairs if they did not come on in light of such thugery.
Report paddletoe January 26, 2012 5:46 PM GMT
I am not condoning violence on the football pitch. But lets get some facts straight.

O'Sullivan made up more ground to join the fracas than the subs did who were right beside the action. No way were his actions that of a peacemaker. He could be seen mouthing off to half a dozen Tresk players. What do you think he was saying?
Report thewhiteflag. January 26, 2012 5:54 PM GMT
From what was reported in the Indo as the Kerry gang went to shake the Derrytresk players hands three of the Derrytresk players went for their balls. It was clearly an orchestrated move. Management clearly told the players before the game what to do. Vile. It must be said that this was a junior game! Says it all really.
Ryan McMenamen would have showed them how I suppose!
Some cowards to come over the fence as well.
Before you ask I'm not from Kerry
Report timberman January 26, 2012 8:18 PM GMT
Outside of these Derrytresk Scummbags... tyrone has huge problems...Wasnt carrickmore v Dromore league final involving fighting on the terraces...Some ladies football match involving Carrickmore again in Tyrone saw a referee knocked out cold...did one of those mcmAhons joe? get his jaw broke in three places off the ball in a league game in tyrone?......Derrytresk though are probably champion thugs in tyrone judging by last sundays savagery!...give them the cup before they beat someone to death might be the best policy ....
Report BraveInca2006. January 26, 2012 10:34 PM GMT
I think Paddletoe is correct. Sure isnt Declan O'Sullivan well renowned as one of the dirtiest men ever to play the game rather than one of the top 3 footballers of the past two decades?
Report thefly10 January 26, 2012 11:41 PM GMT
Exactly BraveInca!

http://www.hoganstand.com/Kerry/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=159256 (A week prior to the game)

"Declan O'Sullivan is their main man. He's a class act and he stood out like a sore thumb right through the game.

"They are a decent team, very impressive, with some very good players. They have a good system of football, well-organised and disciplined.

"We're not sure yet where the game is going to be played. We're thinking it could be somewhere neutral,, like Portlaoise.

"We have been talking to Ulster Council but we don't know yet if it's going to be home advantage to one team or if it's going to be a neutral ground.

"But, wherever it is, it's a lump of grass with two sets of posts on it."

Derrytresk set out to target O'Sullivan from the start no question about it. D. O'Sullivan is a genuine footballer, look at his discipline records, anyone that follows football will know he's a gentleman on and off the field. He was provoked end off.
Report thefly10 January 27, 2012 12:10 AM GMT
timbermanOutside of these Derrytresk Scummbags... tyrone has huge problems...Wasnt carrickmore v Dromore league final involving fighting on the terraces...Some ladies football match involving Carrickmore again in Tyrone saw a referee knocked out cold...did one of those mcmAhons joe? get his jaw broke in three places off the ball in a league game in tyrone?......Derrytresk though are probably champion thugs in tyrone judging by last sundays savagery!...give them the cup before they beat someone to death might be the best policy ....

True. It has certainly not been the first time a spot of argy bargy has occured in Tyrone. Last year as you said there was violence at the Carrickmore v Dromore league final..a man had a bit of an ear bitten off and a player was meant to have been hit with an umbrella! Then a few months back in July, a referee was knocked unconsious in a Ladies final between St. Macartans and Augher.

Paddletoe said above that the reason why no Dromid supporters leaped onto the pitch was because there were none situated where it took place.. thats bullshit, they were good crowds of Pearses around the stand. Derrytresk just brought the red hand hooliganism down South for a day out. You can understand two sets of players brawling on the pitch. Dont get me wrong the Dromid player started it and should get a hefty suspension but a crowd of 'supporters' (sc*mbags) hopping hoardings to get at the opposition is sickening. No place for them in our organisation.

Hope Clonbur of Galway whip them in the final anyway. Wont be surprised if Croke Park adapt the Italian Soccer style of playing 'behind closed doors'.Crazy
Report paddletoe January 27, 2012 12:46 AM GMT
Please look at the video again because there was no crowd of Derrytresk supporters who jumped the hoardings to come onto the field. They were all Derrytresk players wearing offical strips. So it was not supporters against players. The fighting was all between players. Quite a few of thr Tresk subs had hoodies. Think people are confusing these fellas with supporters. To be honest at first glance they did look like supporters to me. But look again. They are all wearing football boots.

There was only one supporter i could see in the video coming onto the field ( at the end of the video clip). Not sure he was a Tresk supporter but at any rate he came on to remonstrate and he definately did not display any violence.

I agree a supporter hitting a player is unacceptable. But lets get the facts stright. This was players against players. The Kerry team hit first but Tresk hit harder. The Kerry team started the fight. A few Tresk subs joined in and they eneded it. Any Kerry player that got hit ( and a few did get clipped ) were in the melee looking for rowing.

Did the Tresk team go out with a gameplan of trying to rattle the Kerry players. Probably.
Report db1974 January 27, 2012 9:57 AM GMT
paddletoe, you are full of sh1t, sorry but you are

The 2nd Kerry lad into the scene was attempting to retrieve the ball for the free kick but the Tyrone manager/mentor either tripped him or kicked him. You can clearly see the lunge by the Tresk mentor in the slow-mo video at around 0:35 - 0:38

The Kerry lad then, understandably so, swung out at the mentor and things kicked off from there

At what pit in the video did "a Kerry player try to clothes-line the Tresk manager"
Report paddletoe January 27, 2012 10:20 AM GMT
No, no, no, no.

This is what happened. Yes, the Tresk player had the ball and a free was given to the Kerry team. The Tresk player was in the process of releasing the ball when he was shoved and hit. Watch out in the background as the linesman raises his flag at this exact stage and points to the incident to alert the referee of what happened. He was indicating rough and foul player by the Kerry player.

The Tresk manager was standing right beside the incident. The Kerry player was on top of Tresk player and the tresk manager went in to protect his player and pulled the Kerry player off.

The Tresk player remains on the ground and infact does so throughout the whole melee that followed.

The tresk manager and the kerry player then take centre stage in the video clip. The Kerry player swings two punches at him and the tresk manager puts out his arms in defence.

The tresk subs,who were right beside the incident, and with one of their players lying on the ground and seeing a kerry player swing punches at their manager, came piling in.

Really this was not a big fight. But the Kerry team started it. That would have been the end of it except the Kerry team have went crying little girls because they lost the fight that followed.

At no stage did a Tresk supporter come onto the field and hit a player. I could only see what looked like one supporter come onto the field and i am not sure which of the clubs he supported. At any rate this supporter did nothing of note.
Report kavvie January 27, 2012 10:21 AM GMT
hope fully the gaa will grow a pair of balls and deal with it as they should.
Report kavvie January 27, 2012 10:28 AM GMT
paddle toe will you convey my sympathys to that poor tresk team who were violated by the rough montain men from kerry.they must be severely traumatised..as for the guy who was merely putting his hands up to defend himself im sure he hasnt slept since being faced by such raw violence.id say declan o sulivan who has a long record of violent and rough play and has got numerous red cards in his playing career will be lucky to get away with a year suspension?..sympathy abounds all around the country for poor tresk..!!
Report paddletoe January 27, 2012 10:41 AM GMT
Derrytresk have not complained of violent play by the Kerry players. They sucked everything up that was thrown at them and only one team finished the match with 15 players.

I was merely pointing out the sequence of events.

The kerry team started the off the play fighting incident. The tresk team finished it. Simple as that. It was not even that big of an incident.

The Kerry team should been been gracious in defeat instead of going crying to mummy and complaining that old ladies in handbags were going around assualting them.
Report paddletoe January 27, 2012 11:00 AM GMT
Anyway i claim victory in this argument. People have made claims about spectators rushing in and hitting players but the video evidence shows no such thing. It just did not happen.

I rest my case until such time as anyone can point out a spectator coming onto the field during this incident and hitting anyone.
Report superhero January 27, 2012 11:51 AM GMT
The gaa have a second video which nobody has seen so it will be interesting what is shown on that. To be fair, i think the first few seconds are not clear enough for a difinitive arguement as there are parts not shown and it one word against another.
The most important thing from this, regardless of who started what, is that Dromids midfielder who had kicked 2 points and is one of their most influential players had to leave the field as a result of a belt to the face from a guy who came from the stand. That is clear enough and can be argued changed the pattern of the game, if it was a DT #1 - 15 that did the damage then fair enough but this is/should be Derrytresks biggest worry. There are very few other clear cut punches thrown from either side but that one single punch will be very costly i would say, whether it be to the player or the club as a whole.
Report paddletoe January 27, 2012 2:11 PM GMT
Yes, the Dromid midfielder did get hit. It was a single punch that put him down. The person who put him down....

Well, a guy who came from the stand would be one way of putting it.

Another way of describing the person who did it would be a sub who came from the bench. It would be very unusal to spectators to be going around in team gear and wearing football boots. If you look at the video you will see this to be the case.
Report paddletoe January 27, 2012 2:29 PM GMT
Stop the slow mo video at 3.36. The guy with the green hoodie pulled down is the only spectator i could see in the whole video. He is clearly seen pushing a Tresk player. So he must be a Dromid supporter. The Tresk player made no attempt to retaliate against this Dromid supporter. Infact you can see several Tresk players try to calm him down and remove him from harms way.

Earlier in the slow mo video stop the clcok at 2.06. Yes the Dromid midfielder goes down. The lad in hoodie over his head who may or may not have hit him is part of the Tresk team. He is wearing boots and team gear.
Report tobywong. January 27, 2012 2:52 PM GMT
Paddletoe , you are like jim garrison in jfk analysing the zapruder footage , give it up , the behaviour on sunday was a disgrace to the game and to a proud football county like tyrone.
Report Tolmi January 27, 2012 3:00 PM GMT
"Anyway I claim victory in this argument"

Good to see you are the self appointed judge and jury in this case.Your tenuous argument seems to be based on somehow the substitutes being entitled to come on to the field and assault players while supporters are not.Maybe I'm wrong but I think most right minded people would put any substitute who has not entered the game officially in exactly the same category as a supporter i.e. they have no right to be on the field of play.
Report paddletoe January 27, 2012 3:11 PM GMT
okay, i will leave it. Just thought i would add some balance to the lies and whinging. 

The Dromid manager on the news trying to get this team put out. This team should be up for team of the year and they have to put up with all the whinging. Not even a shop in this parish and they have got to an all ireland final.

The Kerry team crying after they started a fight they could not finish. Grown men on the Kerry side hitting lads on the Tresk team who are still schoolboys. The first tresk player hit was only 17.

The Tresk player with the hoodie who ran on to put it up the Dromid players should be getting the first drink out of the cup when they bring it home.
Report db1974 January 27, 2012 3:34 PM GMT
I assume there is no shop in the parish because it was closed due to consistent violence and thuggery in and around the premises
Report Kelly January 27, 2012 4:19 PM GMT
Sounds like both teams should be scrubbed .

Most times when teams indulge in rough stuff those who psyche them up are to blame .  Its meant to be recreation / sport , not life or death .

Wonder if the managers get paid ?
Report kincsem January 27, 2012 10:29 PM GMT
GAA might improve if the word Tyrone was never heard again.
Report DECALEC January 28, 2012 12:59 AM GMT
Sounds like both teams should be scrubbed .Most times when teams indulge in rough stuff those who psyche them up are to blame .  Its meant to be recreation / sport , not life or death .Wonder if the managers get paid ?
WELL YOU KNOW LITTLE IF YOUR ONLY WONDERING!!
Report Kelly January 28, 2012 4:13 PM GMT
Decalec, a friend of mine managed a team ( well known ) in Tyrone last year , pure expenses ( petrol only as he lives outside Belfast ). But maybe he is the exception .
Report DECALEC January 28, 2012 5:52 PM GMT
THAT MAYBE TRUE BUT THESE THINGS ARE KEPT QUIET AND ALSO YOUR FRIEND MAYBE UPGRADING HIS CV FOR FUTURE REFERENCE ie THEY DON'T PAY THOSE WITHOUT THE EXPERIENCE I'VE KNOWN £100 A WEEK BE PAID BY JUNIOR CLUBS MAY NOT SOUND MUCH BUT IN THESE TIMES ITS A LOT FOR A CLUB STRUGGLING WITH TAKING'S OVER THE BAR AND WORSE FOR THOSE CLUBS THAT DONT HAVE SOCIAL PREMISES
Report Kelly January 29, 2012 3:48 PM GMT
Know the scene , decalec , was club secretary myself and we paid a manager from outside the club , albeit in the form of travelling expenses .  That was in the eighties , so its nothing new . But from the reports I have on good authority re expenses paid to some high profile managers now the figures are now way out of hand in a country with people struggling to stay afloat .

In the days I was involved our manager increased his income by about 20% via his coaching/ managing efforts , OK for the time involved .  But our 3 county players were lucky to get a free pair of boots each in a season (from the county) , and were playing club , university , and county  matches all year with all the attendant travel , time and disruption to social and family issues . Managers have always done better than the players within the GAA , unlike the soccerites ( carp players getting 10k a week due to economic factors ) .
Report superhero February 1, 2012 11:02 PM GMT
DT hit with 8 player suspension and 5k fine while dromid hit with 3 suspensions and a 2k fine. Obviously the other video clip didnt do anything for DT.
Dissapointing for players to miss out on a big day but if you do the crime then you do the time.
Report thegalwayman February 2, 2012 9:30 AM GMT
Free the Derrytresk 8! The video proved nothing. Was that a grassy knoll I saw in the background?
Report paddletoe February 2, 2012 1:35 PM GMT
Unless there is some other evidence over and above the video clip made public then this is a disgraceful decision.

8 players to miss an all ireland final for what was a melee with no more than a few punches thrown....

The team who started the incident and finished the match with 13 players end up with 3 suspensions while the other side will have 8 players miss an all ireland final.
Report itcanbedone February 2, 2012 1:44 PM GMT
Hope the 8 banned players will not be allowed anywhere near the stadium for the final.  We don't want an atrocity on our hands.
Report Upthewaterhill February 2, 2012 1:57 PM GMT
More tyrone players at it again last night?

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2012/0202/higheredu.html

definite pattern being displayed.

Ban them all, even 3rd level education cannot civilise them?
Report thegalwayman February 2, 2012 2:04 PM GMT
Up Clonbur! An Fhairche abu!
Report timberman February 2, 2012 7:13 PM GMT
think the whole of normal civilisation will be cheering clonbur versues that pack of piranahas from tyrone...gaas decision a disgrace derrytresk should have been thrown out for their evil antics!
Report thefly10 February 3, 2012 12:26 AM GMT
It's done and dusted now.

Big blow for Derrytresk but a deserved sickeness for them. They have only themselves to blame.

It would be unfair to eliminate them and deprive the lads that had no bearing's in the mess up a chance to play in an All Ireland final. A massive task for them.

Clonbur will be licking their lips. The Galway lads to win by 6+
Report Barney Rock February 3, 2012 1:20 AM GMT
Lads when is the final ?

Seems to me it happened in the heat of the moment thats football!!! Not saying it is right at all but it happens.

If the subs didn't jump in it would have been over in a flash, looks very bad like a pack of wolves hunting.

Anyway the final is probably ruined now.
Report neill d February 3, 2012 4:46 PM GMT
unfortunate for those involved, I agree to an extent with Barney rock but had to laugh at itcanbedone's comment
Report paddletoe February 4, 2012 12:42 AM GMT
The final is on Sunday week at Croke Park for any neutrals who wish to go along and support the boys from Derrytresk.
Report DECALEC February 8, 2012 4:12 PM GMT
am sure the JACKEEN'S will give you all the help you wantGrin
Report Anaglogs Daughter February 8, 2012 5:41 PM GMT
Derrytresk hit with five year ban

GAA: Derrytresk have been cleared to take part in Sunday's All-Ireland Club JFC final at Croke Park but should they triumph the Tyrone club will not be eligible to defend their title after being banned from all provincial and All-Ireland competitions for five years.

The GAA’s Central Hearings Committee also imposed bans on four of the Derrytresk players – a further three chose not to contest their proposed suspensions – with only Joseph McKee absolved of blame following the mass brawl that that marred their semi-final against Dromid Pearses last month.

As such, the infleuntial forward will be free to face Clonbur of Galway when the teams meet in the showpiece this weekend.

The range of sanctions imposed by the CHC restricts access to the sideline to the Derrytresk manager with the selectors to remain in the stands while independent water carriers will be supplied by the CCCC.

Kevin Campbell, Sean Slater, Michael Robinson – all starting players - and substitute Brian Gavin all had their proposed suspensions of two months reduced to four weeks but will still miss the final. The club fine of €5000 was also cut in half to €2,500.

Should the club choose not to accept the sanctions they can take their case to the Central Appeals Committee, with the Disputes Resolution Authority also an option if they wish to pursue the matter further.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/gaa/2012/0208/1224311480398.html
Report irishone February 8, 2012 9:11 PM GMT
hello testing
testing testing
Report Dan Chipowski February 12, 2012 6:28 PM GMT
AIB All-Ireland club JFC final
Clonbur (Galway) 1-08 1-07 Derrytresk (Tyrone), Croke Park FT

Hard luck Derrytresk. Devil
Report db1974 February 12, 2012 7:08 PM GMT
Ah sure there's always next year

or 2018!
Report itcanbedone February 12, 2012 8:21 PM GMT
Geez, only lost by a point!  Would have been some sickener if they had won it.
Report paddletoe February 13, 2012 10:04 PM GMT
Missed a penalty to go 8 points up. The Galway team should have been dead and buried by half time. The only time Derrytresk were behind was with 3 minutes to go. The Galway side given 3 yellow cards in the space of the two minutes of injury time. With the bench decimated by suspensions they simply ran out of steam.

Nice gesture by the Derrytresk team to come over to the very edge of the stand before the throw in so their suspended players could join in the huddle.

Absolutely phenomenal run by the Tyrone team who would have been no ones fancy for the county title let alone reaching an all ireland.

And an absolute disgrace the way this team have been treated by the gaa who handed out 8 suspensions ( one over turned ) while their opponents in the semi final were given just one suspension.
Report itcanbedone February 13, 2012 10:35 PM GMT
Most pleasing result in sport in a long time.
Report DECALEC February 13, 2012 11:12 PM GMT
ExcitedHappyTongue OutGrinLaugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com