Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
19 Oct 11 21:49
| Topic/replies: 4,564 | Blogger: workrider's blog
what about rivge d'or tomorrow....i think he'll have a big chance  ..he's had a sighter and dessie will enjoy getting a few more winner for mr o'leary.....i know some think this fellow is a serial loser ...but i think chasing might bring out the best in him.......a very good card and maybe a few pointers for the rest of the year...
Pause Switch to Standard View thurles tomorrow
Show More
Report neill d October 19, 2011 9:51 PM BST
Let the leader go the last time, he'd want to be a bit of a price though as I don't think he is in love with racing, more than capable though, depends on the price.
Report workrider October 19, 2011 9:57 PM BST
as i said he's had a look so should be straighter tomorrow...plus he's the type of hurdler who will be transformed by chasing at least thats the way i see it ..i've been known to be wrong though.....Grin
Report neill d October 19, 2011 10:01 PM BST
Yeah, he was given a quiet enough one there first time alright and he definitely seems to have scope, I must check his overnight price there.....
Report ReimerpYsatnaf October 19, 2011 10:02 PM BST
I'd rather be with Marley Park but the worry would be he has been beaten 1st time up the last 2 years so i'll probably just watch on.
Report neill d October 19, 2011 10:04 PM BST
Yeah looks a nice price there, 4/1 tissue and he'd have a lot more scope than the likes of rattan
Report dinglemick October 19, 2011 10:13 PM BST
Thurles on a Thursday back tomorrow , a meeting i always enjoy through the winter .....real good card tomorrow aswell , although plenty to take a watching brief more than a punting one ......Best bet on the card i think is Solaris Exhibition in the 3 year old hurdle .... just touched off the last day at Clonmel by Whatever it Takes , pulled well clear of third and arguably might have won with a slightly better jump at the last .... the potential second favourite why but why doesn t get two miles and unless one of the first timers over hurdles improves a ton he doesn t have much to beat .....
Report neill d October 19, 2011 10:15 PM BST
Serpentaria would be interesting if she came back to the horse she was a few years ago in the Mares Chase, but I doubt it.
Report dinglemick October 19, 2011 10:18 PM BST
i notice the owner of Serpentaria Neil  has taken his horses out of willie mullins in the last few seasons..... Strange enough as He seemed to be having a bit of success in Mullins aswell
Report neill d October 19, 2011 10:19 PM BST
Yes, is it because willie is expensive maybe?
Report neill d October 19, 2011 10:21 PM BST
also, maybe his gees were put on the backburner while maybe mullins was running his nicer yokes at the big tracks and somthing that would be a stable star somewhere else is running in Kilbeggan in June, bit extreme that example but maybe......
Report dinglemick October 19, 2011 10:59 PM BST
If Toomdeely can run anything like he did in his two runs over fences at Listowel , over hurdles tomorrow he could be thrown in off a mark of 90 ............Firstly he was third beaten only 7 lengths by De Vilara who we have seen frank the form a couple of times since then winninmg  graded races at Roscommon and Cork ( the second in that race Blazing Beacon won next time out at Navan by 30 lenths !!!!)  and then a few days after that he  beat Son Amix a 137 hurdler !!! by 7 lenghts in a Novice Chase ......
It doesn t always translate back and he is a nine year old but at 5/1 in a 80-95 low grade handicap hurdle  he could be worth an each way punt
Report Snipster October 20, 2011 1:14 AM BST
Like the sound of these 2

2.15 Shop DJ looks to have conditions to suit in this mares chase. She has shown her best form on good ground. She won a bumper on good and her last 3 runs of last season were a 3rd in a 2m5f Newbury listed novice handicap hurdle, 3rd in a grade 2 novice hurdle at Fairyhouse National meeting and a 15 length winner in a 2m2f listed mares hurdle at Punchestown Festival. She made her debut over fences on her first run this season in a 2m Roscommon grade 3 on soft. Ground was softer than she'd have wanted and the trip looked on the short side. She never really got into, finishing 4th, beaten about 15 lengths.  It was a tough first assignment over fences, 3rd De Valira boosted the form by beating First Lieutenant next time. The 2m2f trip on good ground should suit much better today and she should improve a good deal for her first run over fences. Peter Fahey’s only runner in past week was a winner and Davy Russell is a good man to have on board.

3.50 Solaras Exhibition looks ready to gain his first win over hurdles. He was runner-up in a 2m Tramore maiden hurdle on his first jumps start, beaten 2 lengths by The Ice Factor, who won by 6 lengths in a Perth hurdle on next start over obstacles. He followed that up with a 1m4f handicap on fast ground and then finished 5th 2m Galway maiden hurdle on good ground. It was a slightly disappointing effort as his jumping let him down somewhat but it was a hot enough race, won by the useful Sam Bass and the 3rd, 4th & 6th have all won since. He won a 1m2f handicap at Fairyhouse on his second last start and then put in his best run over hurdles last time when again 2nd, in a 2m Clonmel maiden hurdle on good ground, headed late on by Whatever It Takes, who edged him out by a half length. Solaras Exhibition finished 14 lengths clear of the rest and form of those in behind him has worked out well with the 3rd and 5th finishing 2nd and 3rd in a Punchestown hurdle while 4th won a Uttoxeter hurdle by 8 lengths. Solaras Exhibition is proven on good ground and he is top rated of these on the flat and has the best form over hurdles. Davy Russell is booked and at bigger than 2/1 would be worth a bet.
Report punchestown October 20, 2011 2:03 AM BST
I don't think Solaris Exhibition will go off at anything like 2/1 as it looks like the world fancies it to win here.
Report wildmanfromborneo October 20, 2011 9:27 AM BST
Great write up Snipster win lose or draw,well reasoned, well researched, you have me convinced.
Report Snipster October 20, 2011 11:25 AM BST
Not my writing, just a copy/paste job off another site. You're right Punchestown about Solaras, 6/4 best I could see this morn
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle October 20, 2011 12:07 PM BST
I am following Davy Russell Today!!!!!!!!
Report dinglemick October 20, 2011 2:16 PM BST
top tipping yesterday ruby along with pull hard and sips .......money s coming for your friend russell in the first 7/4 now shop DJ from 5/2 ......
I ve backed Solaris Exhibition at 6/4 , hoping rain stays away for him ...and hoping the rain arrives in time for Toomdeely in the last ....going to wait and see
Report ReimerpYsatnaf October 20, 2011 2:21 PM BST
Jeez that was a shocking fall there for Golden Sunbird, she's up and hopefully she is ok
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle October 20, 2011 2:22 PM BST
Uh DavyLove...sweet ride that was
Report dinglemick October 20, 2011 2:22 PM BST
continuing where you left off yesterday Ruby .....well done snipster ......very confident ride from russell
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle October 20, 2011 2:24 PM BST
Terrible Fall hopefully young Doran is okay. Cheers Dingle.

Not sure on Rivage Dor bit of a professional loser for me
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle October 20, 2011 2:34 PM BST
Marlay Park I simply have to go with, has a 3l head start thru the form book(Kerb Appeal) and does actually win races
Report Newmanix October 20, 2011 2:39 PM BST
start me up 11/1
berties dream 11/4
Report workrider October 20, 2011 2:51 PM BST
he won that well...
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle October 20, 2011 2:52 PM BST
Ah yes...shooting myself their. Not sure what Mullins was doing their, seemed to wait far too long to get into the race. Only horse to make anything up from in behind. Strange!
Report dinglemick October 20, 2011 2:53 PM BST
spot on workrider with your analysis ...Rivage going to make a better chaser ...well done .....thought danny mullins was poor on Marley Park ruby
Report punchestown October 20, 2011 2:53 PM BST
Marlay Park could have been a bit nearer the pace there,Mullins asleep at the back when the real race started though the winner won well alright,Russell flying.
Report ReimerpYsatnaf October 20, 2011 2:53 PM BST
Marley Park don't win 1st time up
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle October 20, 2011 2:55 PM BST
A get Russell in now in the next 2 Even money favorite he is riding!!
Report punchestown October 20, 2011 2:55 PM BST
Marley Park don't win 1st time up
--------------

Nor will he ever ridden like that,WD workrider btw.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle October 20, 2011 2:56 PM BST
anyone have anything on the next....looks a minefield
Report workrider October 20, 2011 2:57 PM BST
thanks lads ...delighted for the horse ...he's let me down a couple of times last year ...i think he could have found his calling.....
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle October 20, 2011 2:58 PM BST
Jumps well workrider....get the big lugs up in front of him very well
Report dinglemick October 20, 2011 3:00 PM BST
having no bet ruby ...have had a decent bet on Solaris at 6/4 ....i tipped up Barrell of Laughs on the forum the last day when he won a beginners chase at Tipperary ....he jumped well in the main after a few sketchy ones early on ....103 could be a lenient  mark for him and he had one a point to point before  ... i just don t like them first time in handicaps
Report neill d October 20, 2011 3:05 PM BST
Wd workrider, you called it spot on
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle October 20, 2011 3:05 PM BST
Really when I was in that situation i should have just bet the both of them. Stupid betting lapse always likely to make them.

Yeah i be leaving that race alone, nothing to go on.
Report workrider October 20, 2011 3:07 PM BST
thanks neill ....backing rovers tonight with my winnings.....Laugh
Report neill d October 20, 2011 3:08 PM BST
I'd a bit on myself on your say ta, best of luck tonight, I'll watch on telly.
Report workrider October 20, 2011 3:11 PM BST
ruby..all davy had to do was slap him down the neck approaching the last couple of fences...to keep him attentive to his job...i'd say ravage d'or enjoyed that...more to come from him....
Report ReimerpYsatnaf October 20, 2011 3:11 PM BST
Sad why waste your winnings workrider??
Report workrider October 20, 2011 3:13 PM BST
Laugh i'm taking the piss ..we've no chance....
Report ReimerpYsatnaf October 20, 2011 3:15 PM BST
Laugh good i was beginning to worry about ye
Report neill d October 20, 2011 3:15 PM BST
Barel of Laughs jumped like a buck the last day, he seesm fancied and has plenty of scope, big step up here but I'll go with his potential.
Report workrider October 20, 2011 3:18 PM BST
Laugh
Report punchestown October 20, 2011 3:18 PM BST
Model County Lass E/W here for me.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle October 20, 2011 3:19 PM BST
Barel of Laughs does have a solid chance after looking thru the from. Could be completely unexposed over this trip and market seems to be underestimating his chance. Around 11/2 here and i would have thought he be near 3/1. I put a bet on him anyways, overpriced for me.
Report workrider October 20, 2011 3:20 PM BST
i'm tempted to lay solaras exhibition....lots of potential dangers lurking ...at that sort of price he's worth a small lay...
Report neill d October 20, 2011 3:25 PM BST
jumping beautifull
Report neill d October 20, 2011 3:28 PM BST
jumping won it, wish I took the 11 inrunning
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle October 20, 2011 3:28 PM BST
Thanks TomBlush
Report punchestown October 20, 2011 3:29 PM BST
Well done on B O Laughs,we had the forecast between us.Laugh
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle October 20, 2011 3:29 PM BST
He is some Leaper of a fence!!!!
Report workrider October 20, 2011 3:30 PM BST
great cal lads ...bol and punchestown model ran a cracker nlucky well done both of ye....u
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle October 20, 2011 3:33 PM BST
Easy picks the next 2 races.

Come on Davy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Report dinglemick October 20, 2011 3:35 PM BST
silly me .SillySilly..i started the Barrel of Laughs fan club the last day tipping him up at 15/2 and then said today that he was on a lenient mark of 103 and had won a point to point ........still didn t back him .... i just don t back them first time in handicaps ..... well done lads anyway glad ye got a few quid nice price aswell again ...... i now need the first 4 favourites to win in order to collect with Solaris ShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedand on top of that workrider is jinxing me laying him , just like he did to me  at naas on  sunday with birds eye view SadSad
Report neill d October 20, 2011 3:36 PM BST
nice ruby, they are flying this year, between Gigginstown, Mullins and a seemingly resurgent Meade, the markets will have a nice shape this winter, nothing worse than when nothings fancied
Report neill d October 20, 2011 3:39 PM BST
unlucky Mick, I read your post about him the last day when he ran and that was why I backed him that day. His jumping is a huge asset and might just keep him in it when he steps up a liilr in grade, the good jumpers are often the good athletes who've the scope to improve, he has been a bloody goosd horse to me now anyway.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle October 20, 2011 3:40 PM BST
Very unlucky Mick. I am sure further fortunes await you!!!!!Happy
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle October 20, 2011 3:42 PM BST
Great thing about this next race is the vast majority won't be trying in order not to get close to this good thing for future handicaps. Make life so much easier i feel.
Report dinglemick October 20, 2011 3:45 PM BST
anyone looking at Kirsty Milserack walking into the corruption hearing in London  on Attheraces ......very tasty Mischief
Report punchestown October 20, 2011 3:50 PM BST
Backed the fav @ 6/4 was going to lay off @ evens but doing alright and am going to let it ride..
Report kavvie October 20, 2011 3:50 PM BST
kieren always had good taste!!
Report punchestown October 20, 2011 3:52 PM BST
Fav very keen early here..
Report Dan Chipowski October 20, 2011 3:55 PM BST
Pulled too hard and his jumping was never anything like fluent.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle October 20, 2011 3:56 PM BST
343 the sp of the winnerLaugh.

Oh well...

You simply can not come off the pace today at Thurles.
Report dinglemick October 20, 2011 3:57 PM BST
always one **** ......i might be talking through my pocket a bit here and he did pull a bit ...but did he never put solaris into the race and left the winner off ????????????????
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle October 20, 2011 3:57 PM BST
As all of the above said being incredible keen did not help
Report punchestown October 20, 2011 3:58 PM BST
Fav never gave itself a chance,very low at the first 2 and jumped the 1st particularly awkwardly and got a bit lit up thereafter.
Report Tolmi October 20, 2011 3:58 PM BST
Where did Shop D and Rivage d'Or come from?
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle October 20, 2011 3:59 PM BST
Tolmi that is true but those horses settled very well and their class shown thru, they were wide wide winners of their races.
Report punchestown October 20, 2011 4:01 PM BST
mick,I think Davy was expecting the winner to come back to him alright but don't think it mattered the way it panned out.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle October 20, 2011 4:02 PM BST
3yr old hurdles....nuff said.. Think we should just not even bet in them tbh
Report dinglemick October 20, 2011 4:06 PM BST
fair enough lads ..... you know yourself when you really fancy one and its gets done by a 33/1 shot your looking for reasons .... second favourite why but why once again showed it wouldn t get two miles in a horse box .......
Just praying for rain between now and 5.25 so i can back Toomdeely Silly
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle October 20, 2011 4:12 PM BST
This al Zarooni is license to print money....1-2 again at Brighton. +128 to a level stake profit. Incredible!!!
Report punchestown October 20, 2011 4:14 PM BST
mick,They must be happy there's enough ease or they wouldn't run,Doyle said it's def on the easy side of good.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle October 20, 2011 4:16 PM BST
Rigour Back Bob for me....over this distance he looks the one with the bit more speed to do the rest.
Report ilikewavingatbuses October 20, 2011 4:21 PM BST
backed rigour myself.

gl all.
Report ReimerpYsatnaf October 20, 2011 4:29 PM BST
Stayed away as he's another who usually needs the run first time up, hope he wins for ye 2
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle October 20, 2011 4:32 PM BST
Yes no bet for me in that race but i did fancy Rigour Back Bob to win but he was quite disappointing their. Sweated and was keen. Brian O Connell killed Barry at the final flight...just closed the gap and mugged him.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle October 20, 2011 4:34 PM BST
Final bet is Russell on Sea of Thunder and calling it a day after that.
Report dinglemick October 20, 2011 4:36 PM BST
punchestown , the 2 m 6 looked like it took some getting so my confidence for Toomdeely growing the 4 s is going now so going to back him
Report punchestown October 20, 2011 4:38 PM BST
Great performance from Pineau there,made a horrible mistake early,good luck mick.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle October 20, 2011 5:05 PM BST
Mick why the sudden massive improvement in Listowel for Toomdeely....7l win against Son Amix reads well in this company
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle October 20, 2011 5:10 PM BST
4/1 still with Badly too big to refuse!!!!!
Report neill d October 20, 2011 5:18 PM BST
I've backed Spin Cast of Swinburns' in th3 8.10 at Wolverhampton, very unlucky the last time, run was disrupted and still nearly got up, left on same mark and is expected to come on from his last run. Took 6/1 on here.
Report neill d October 20, 2011 8:24 PM BST
Came fourth having been badly outpaced, don'think he  came forward at all, might need further but is most likely useless
Report kavvie October 20, 2011 8:31 PM BST
i bkd it also ew despite being weak on bf..its a typical yoke that displays bits of percieved abilty during his races but as you say is most likely useless..though with walter retiring soon a change of trainer might do him good..not worth persisting with.i wont be backing it again..
Report neill d October 20, 2011 9:21 PM BST
agree kavvie, I backed him e/w the last day when he was third and thought he was unlucky but...... moderate horses I suppose
Report punchestown October 21, 2011 2:23 AM BST
Thought the runner up in the finale would have got home if they hadn't missed out the last,the loose horse helped as well.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com