Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
13 Jun 11 12:16
| Topic/replies: 13,987 | Blogger: workrider's blog
i expect this to be a tight game ...derry have proved difficult to beat for rovers in the recent past ...derry at 5.6 on here is imo a great price ...if this game was in play i think you could make a lot of money ....maybe 1.0 to us after a hard struggle ....
Pause Switch to Standard View rovers v derry tonight...
Show More
Report MJK June 13, 2011 2:42 PM BST
I'm a lot more confident than you WR! No excuses tonight, we've our full squad to choose from for the first time this season and I expect a good game of football as Derry won't come to defend. I'll be backing us -1 goal and a small wager on Finn first goal.
Report Giant Strides June 13, 2011 4:38 PM BST
Wr. "How do you see the Champions League q-final against Barca going MJK"?

MJK. "Well if I`m being honest wr, I`d be disappointed if Rovers can`t hold them scoreless in the Camp Nou and get them back to Tallaght where we`ll show them who`s the best side in European football. Messi my arse! Who needs him when we have Gary Twigg? The world is our oyster."

Plain
Report Rocketfingers June 13, 2011 4:57 PM BST
LaughLaughLaugh
Report Giant Strides June 13, 2011 5:01 PM BST
9 nil Rovers tonight. Scratch that. Make it a round 10. 
Possibly the best team I`ve seen since....................eh,Rovers!
Report workrider June 13, 2011 5:59 PM BST
by god the bohs lad is REALLY HURTING.....Laugh
Report workrider June 13, 2011 10:42 PM BST
1.1. final score ..as i said derry were overpriced on here...again refering back to my earlier thread if this game was in play ..manna from heaven ...rovers played wonderfull football and struck on 25 mins ..derry looked cooked ..then as often happens rovers sat back  and  invited derry on..boy did they take the invite..having looked for all the world like they would stroll it...they were hard pressed to hold on at half time...derry started the second half as they had finished the first , they got the result their play deserved when they leveled midway through the second half.. why o'neill gets rovers to drop back everytime they score is beyond me....still on top an all to play for.....
Report soldieroffortune June 13, 2011 10:50 PM BST
Giant Laugh
Report workrider June 13, 2011 10:55 PM BST
hold tight sof ..i thinks bohs are about to fall off the loi table.....Grin
Report Giant Strides June 13, 2011 10:59 PM BST
.manna from heaven ...rovers played wonderfull football

Are you sure you went to a Rovers game wr!?
Was it s exy wonderfull oe just plain wonderful wonderfull?
Silly
Report Giant Strides June 13, 2011 10:59 PM BST
or
Report workrider June 13, 2011 11:04 PM BST
another school master on holidays i see....Laugh
Report workrider June 13, 2011 11:10 PM BST
i hear there was a massive protest by bohs supporters against fenlon recently ....i belive all five supporters vented their anger ...Laugh
Report huddys June 13, 2011 11:34 PM BST
taught we were going to win easy enough after scoring the 1st and playing some lovely football,sat back a little then let them back in,
Report Rocketfingers June 14, 2011 1:25 AM BST
How can you claim to be right about Derry being over priced WR? When they did not win
Report Giant Strides June 14, 2011 9:47 AM BST
I`m not bitter at all wr.
This is comfortably the worst Bohs team I`ve ever seen and your lot are only 9 points ahead of us after half a season!
That`s an achievement in itself.
The truth is wr, that Rovers are the best of an awful bunch.
Report workrider June 14, 2011 11:04 AM BST
rocket if you read my post i said if it was in play....after they drew level and the way they were playing i'm sure they would have been 2.5 if not less ...a BIG green up would have been possible ...hope that helps...
Report Rocketfingers June 14, 2011 11:14 AM BST
Sorry to disappoint you mate but they were no where near that price after they scored, hope that helps ;)

Trading would not be your game WR Laugh
Report workrider June 14, 2011 11:16 AM BST
giant...this time last season when bohs were still full time ..i hope the two l's are correct this time...Cool..rovers were five points behind ye and starting a unbeaten run that would last for nearly 20 games ...i never remember  saying that rovers were only 5 points behind and we were happy about it ..you see that has been the difference between our attitude and bohs....we started to EXPECT to win ..were as bohs seem to have accepted they would be overtaken by rovers as a matter of course ..we felt we were going to win ..ye hoped you were...to say that rovers are the best of an awful bunch only confirms that belief about bohs fans ..the football on display last night from both teams was superb....i suggest you take up golf as your heat dosen't appear in it anymore...
Report workrider June 14, 2011 11:19 AM BST
heart even....Laugh
Report workrider June 14, 2011 11:19 AM BST
what price were they ...was it in play rocket...?
Report Giant Strides June 14, 2011 11:21 AM BST
I play tennis. Golf is for..............workriders!
Report workrider June 14, 2011 11:26 AM BST
Laugh
Report Giant Strides June 14, 2011 11:37 AM BST
Silly
Report MJK June 14, 2011 2:17 PM BST
Well deserved point for Derry last night, happy to see Stephen Kenny do well as he always puts a team out to try to win a game whoever it's against. Giant, if you want to make up stuff and put quotes around it I can do it as well[;)]
Report Giant Strides June 14, 2011 6:41 PM BST
Make up what you like MJK.
You`re very dismissive of every team other than your own, who really aren`t as good as you think.
I`ve never read a post where you didn`t think Rovers would win comfortably. I was exaggerating the point, that`s all.   
Relax. Cool
Report ReimerpYsatnaf June 14, 2011 6:53 PM BST
Eamonn Zayed has claimed he was racially abused last night
Report workrider June 14, 2011 7:22 PM BST
i belive he claimed that pats fans did the same .....?
Report Rocketfingers June 14, 2011 7:25 PM BST
I see on twitter some of their fans are now abusing his sister for just tweeting about Eamon being racially abused. Bad form actually worse than bad form way out of line.
Report workrider June 14, 2011 7:34 PM BST
well rocket you never answered my question earlier ..what price did derry hit in running...?
Report ReimerpYsatnaf June 14, 2011 7:35 PM BST
I played under age football with him, he was a tw@t but racial abuse is uncalled for
Report workrider June 14, 2011 7:38 PM BST
i belive  he's claiming a player abused him...
Report Rocketfingers June 14, 2011 8:08 PM BST
Top price after they scored straight away was the exact same as they started the match on here and that was with a quasi Asian book, they were 40.0 with an Asian book when they scored so there was no green there for you mate. I'd love if you could price up some of the markets i bet WK LaughLove

Anytime WR [;)]
Report MJK June 14, 2011 8:35 PM BST
Giant, its a fact not an exaggeration that Rovers squad is far superior to anyone else's in the league. How is that being too dismissive of everyone else. The fact is that if Jim McLaughlin had this squad of players against mainly mediocre opposition we'd score on average 4 goals a game. The fact we have a conservative manager is the only reason the gulf looks smaller than it actually is. If anyone reads this thread and sees the comments re racial abuse they're automatically thinking it was Rovers fans. It's actually a player that Zayed is complaining about.
Report ReimerpYsatnaf June 14, 2011 9:48 PM BST
Laugh well thats so much better, it was a player not a fan Plain
Report workrider June 14, 2011 10:10 PM BST
rocket you have me baffled ...are you telling me that after leveling the match at 1.1. they were 40.1...if thats the case rocket i'll be betting with your asian bookie ....either i'm misreading your post or those asians knew the result...Laugh
Report Rocketfingers June 14, 2011 10:59 PM BST
No no your misreading it as the goal went in they were 39/1 to be exact, a bit of additional info for you, should have known it may confuse you old timer !!!! Silly
Report Rocketfingers June 14, 2011 11:01 PM BST
The price straight after was 5.5 to be exact but that was with the bookie the sponsor Bolton.
Report slickster June 14, 2011 11:02 PM BST
the blind leading the blind...............
Report Giant Strides June 14, 2011 11:06 PM BST
This Zayed story is getting more bad publicity than the league needs. Shame.
Not that it`ll stop the Talla` natives emerging from their slums!
MJK. You are of course correct about your squad. But you continually fail to remember that O`Neill is your manager and that`s as good as it`s getting. 
Jim McLaughlin!!! And I`ve been accused of living in the past! Laugh
Report Rocketfingers June 14, 2011 11:13 PM BST
Giant do you feel there is a super injuction coming? Laugh
Report Giant Strides June 14, 2011 11:15 PM BST
Laugh Laugh Laugh
Don`t mention the war Rf!
Report Sligored June 15, 2011 9:26 AM BST
any clues as to the unnamed player
Report Giant Strides June 15, 2011 10:26 AM BST
T##### & Hooch
Report GANT007 June 15, 2011 10:31 AM BST
The FAI bouncers will sort him out.
Report Sligored June 15, 2011 11:15 AM BST
thanks gs
Report MJK June 15, 2011 2:10 PM BST
Giant I say Jim McLaughlin as he managed the best LOI side in most people's memory, the Rovers four in a row side in the 8os. What I will also say is that most fans are inclined to say it's a bad league(and no doubt it is) when their own side can't win it. Bohs fans seem to forget that their own league winning sides the last twice weren't exactly Barcelonaesque and had the most diving cheats ever seen on one team in this Country!
Report workrider June 15, 2011 2:14 PM BST
thats telling  him mjk....they all got parts in swan lake ffs....
Report Tony Fenton June 15, 2011 2:19 PM BST
Brings back memories of the abuse Simon Webb suffered at the hands of these skumbags.
Report MJK June 15, 2011 2:21 PM BST
Killian Brennan's still doing it and I bet not one of them in Greyskull bats an eyelidSad
Report MJK June 15, 2011 2:22 PM BST
Tony you obviously haven't a clue or just chose not to take on board what has 'allegedly' happened. Unless you're talking about Pats fans of course.
Report ReimerpYsatnaf June 15, 2011 2:25 PM BST
MJK i find it quite amazing that one of your players has been accused or racist abuse on the pitch and by your comments on here you seem to not be that bothered Confused
Report workrider June 15, 2011 2:26 PM BST
i'm sure that little black lad those  perverse gaa people slagged off will emphasize with him eh tony....or had you forgotten ...
Report MJK June 15, 2011 2:33 PM BST
Reimer if it's proven one of our players did racially abuse someone then he should be suspended and heavily banned by the FAI. The source of the complaint is the reason a lot of people are holding fire at the minute. Can I ask you why you only seem interested in what allegedly happened in Tallaght and not in what allegedly happened in Inchicore?
Report GANT007 June 15, 2011 2:37 PM BST
Who was the "little black lad" you refer to that the perverse GAA people slagged off?.
Report ReimerpYsatnaf June 15, 2011 2:41 PM BST
MJK - i was just rang by a mate and told that Zayed has complained of getting racially abused, he told me as i used to play football with him. I couldn't care which team it was, it is wrong no matter team it was. I suppose the problem now is how does he prove it happened, as i already said on the thread i think he is a tw@t but what he is claiming happened is not called for
Report workrider June 15, 2011 2:43 PM BST
a young 15 yo black lad playing gaa last year was abused by people on the line ....mothers and fathers of other players i seem to remember ...
Report GANT007 June 15, 2011 2:54 PM BST
I remember that it was in Carlow.................It wasn't mothers and fathers......so to be fair I will put up the article........I'm sure it happens in all sports.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/race-taunts-wont-put-me-off-gaa-says-young-player-1439747.html
Report MJK June 15, 2011 3:01 PM BST
Reimer, I totally agree it shouldn't happen to anyone by anyone. It also shouldn't happen that Zayed should text his sister after the game who works for Hot Press and has a website(extratime.ie) who makes a comment 'it wouldn't surprise me if it was the fans in Tallaght but a player...'. That disgraceful and I hope she will be taken to task. Aside from what allegedly happened in Inchicore and Tallaght the saddest thing about all this is that certain people desperately want this to be true  because it's Shamrock Rovers.
Report workrider June 15, 2011 3:08 PM BST
thanks gant....
Report Rocketfingers June 15, 2011 3:32 PM BST
The player alleged to have made the comments is a well known scumbag. It boils down to word on word, amazing to think that some people will have thought Zayed is capable of making it up yet has no previous, while the said player is simply a yob. Can't help but feel Shamrock Rovers are shielding a yob rather than deal with the thorny issue at hand.
Report MJK June 15, 2011 8:12 PM BST
Rocket, he accused Pats fans last season when he was at Fingal, Pats fans again last week, and now a Rovers player. Not exactly no previous. If all are guilty they should be dealt with harshly. Bohs fans had better watch their ps and Qs on friday.
Report huddys June 15, 2011 8:24 PM BST
isnt it unreal the way the press go to town when rovers are involved,most of them are just lazy gutter jurnos
Report Rocketfingers June 16, 2011 9:08 AM BST
But he has past history of making it up MJK, he has two alleged incidents being investigated before nothing, he has no previous. While the supposed player had one very serious charge against him. Unfortunately MJK when you are the media's lap dog things both ways, they're always people wishing to see you taken down a peg or two after building you up.
Report MJK June 16, 2011 9:47 AM BST
Fair points Rocket. Unfortunately the football writers at the Herald and Sun, Aidan Fitzmaurice and Neil O'Riordan are Bohs fans and, well you know where I'm heading with this. Fitzmaurice has a rant about something unproven as of yet, and at the same time, in his whole page of whinging, never mentions once that a Bohs player was found guilty of this last season. Unfortunately people accuse most of us Rovers fans of being 'arrogant' or something along those lines. But if you only knew the jealousy within the league of our club at present you'd realise why we take great pleasure in every trophy.
Report Giant Strides June 16, 2011 10:19 AM BST
I`ve stayed out of this up to now but your spin takes the biscuit MJK.
You have an extraordinary HABIT of bringing Bohs into every negative Rovers story!!!
If he is charged,you`ll be telling us that the player in question was taught racism as a subject in his time at Dalymount!
McGuinness, the Former Bohs (and Rovers) player you refer to, admitted his wrongdoing and was punished accordingly. And it was 2 years ago not last season.
The so called Bohs journalists you refer to, are not shy of breaking bad news in Dalymount either. I have spoken out against the formers rag reporting in the past. He was a childhood friend of mine too btw.
It`s an average parochial league remember that takes a lot of loving to report on. They are doing the job the`re paid to do.
You would prefer they swept it under the carpet which is Rovers policy. Not just now but your general policy.
You`ve always turned a blind eye to your substantial hooligan element, so much so that many of your former troublemakers are now running the club.
Pathetic.
Report workrider June 16, 2011 11:01 AM BST
i find that last remark uncalled for giant ...my son is involved with rovers and i know for a fact that he our any of my children have EVER .been accused of any form of holliganism..so your remarks leave a sour taste ....
Report Giant Strides June 16, 2011 11:08 AM BST
Many was the wrong word. Apologies for the generalisation wr.
But I do know of two that were involved in the takeover that were known "names" whenever trouble came knocking.
Report workrider June 16, 2011 11:10 AM BST
OK giant no harm done....
Report Giant Strides June 16, 2011 11:15 AM BST
Heat of the moment wr. Sorry again.
I don`t mind a bit of banter, but I hate constantly having to defend my club even in matters that have nothing to do with them!
Report workrider June 16, 2011 11:22 AM BST
i know that feeling giant ....at least you were man enough to come on and say sorry ...
i really hope this goes away ....the world is to pc for my liking anyway .....
sometimes one says stuff in the heat of the moment ...
i'm also sure that the accuser is not shy when it comes to name calling from what you and others on here say about him...
if all we had to worry about was someone calling us names sure wouldn't the world be a wonderful place....there is more important things needing sorting than name calling imo...
Report wildmanfromborneo June 16, 2011 12:17 PM BST
I have found this thread sad and proof that brainwashing works.Were we all not thought...sticks and stones etc..violence on a football field is alright but name calling is the biggest crime.Sledging goes on in all sports some of it pretty vile not a problem, but when race comes into it ye go all precious acting like a shocked maiden aunt.This a one way street in that whites can never be racially abused and it is being used by the P.C. brigade to kowtow ordinary people.
Report reb June 16, 2011 12:44 PM BST
Don't think Brainwashing would be very successful on this forum.
Report wildmanfromborneo June 16, 2011 12:51 PM BST
The brainwashing is not done on here,someone mentioned on here racism classes...dear oh dear.
Report Giant Strides June 16, 2011 12:57 PM BST
Cry
Report MJK June 17, 2011 3:53 PM BST
Giant how can you claim to have been 'trying to stay out of this up to now' by trying to give people the name of the alleged rascist in an earlier post? Also, you have a go at me for 'sweeping it under the carpet'. Did I not say a few posts back that if any of our players is found guilty they should be given a heavy ban? What you and a lot of people fail to realise when geneflecting about good ol Jason McGuinness is that the ref was standing beside him and heard what he said to Boco. He had no choice but to apologise. Gutter journalism once again yesterday by Fitzgypo.
Report Giant Strides June 17, 2011 5:29 PM BST
Sr asked who it was? I gave him a clue and didn`t comment!
Not really a big deal in my book.
Report workrider June 17, 2011 6:12 PM BST
think my luck is changing giant..the wedding in been held in the maldron hotel .... my sons are having their player of the year awards in the stadium....all i need now is for rovers to win 10.0. to complete the night...Laugh
Report MJK June 18, 2011 1:27 PM BST
Away fans wearing towels on their heads to take the piss out've Zayed and same fans fighting with Derry stewards last night. Obviously they were Rovers fans who sneaked in [:p]
Report Giant Strides June 18, 2011 5:50 PM BST
Get your own facts straight before you post MJK.
Report MJK June 19, 2011 9:59 AM BST
Yeah like you always do. Friend of mine was there so I take his word for it.
Report Giant Strides June 19, 2011 2:34 PM BST
I`ve said it before and I`ll say it again MJK.
You are OBSESSED with Bohs!
Report MJK June 19, 2011 3:38 PM BST
You know I'm right. Stop trying to deflect the issue, like you accuse me of doing with Rovers.
Report Giant Strides June 19, 2011 5:43 PM BST
Drunken away fan, singular, put towel on head and was promptly told he wasn`t funny.
Derry stewards will be investigated by the FAI after one of our directors was assaulted for speaking out against their heavy handedness. 
Your friend went a long way to see to see a game of ball by the way!
Genuinely MJK, I have no desire to converse with you again about LOI related affairs. You have very green and white tinted spectacles.
Report workrider June 19, 2011 9:11 PM BST
Shocked
Report huddys June 19, 2011 9:29 PM BST
ye the stewarts up there arnt the best to say the least
Report Winner_Winner_Chicken_Diner June 19, 2011 11:23 PM BST
Wait to the great Colonel Gaddafi gets him
Report MJK June 20, 2011 12:09 PM BST
Giant my mate is a Bohs fan(not the only one who is) so why wouldn't he go?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com