|
By:
And tommorrow.
|
|
By:
and today
|
|
By:
![]() |
|
By:
:(
Know lots of people that took tomorrow off to head up. |
|
By:
thought there was an inspection tomorrow morning
|
|
By:
Brought forward to today to give people chance to change plans. Same forecast for next few nights so might be off on Sat as well.
|
|
By:
Gowran Park's Thyestes Day is now rescheduled to Saturday 22nd January due to weather.
|
|
By:
thanks
|
|
By:
Saturday suits me much better
With the frost here last night and forecast for tonight it's the correct decision. |
|
By:
would have been a bigger crowd tomorrow.
|
|
By:
will Navan race on Sat as well?
|
|
By:
Off until Tues i see
|
|
By:
Its a beautiful day here in Tipperary,astounded its off.
|
|
By:
track frozen? i presume
|
|
By:
Margaret Fogarty was on Racing News last Sunday with Gina Bryce. She said she was really looking forward to Thursday. This was the first year since she took over six years ago that there wasn't going to be an inspection as the forecast was very favourable. That would mean a much bigger crowd too she said.
Sods law!!. This is the first year now that she has LOST the fixture on the Thursday!!! |
|
By:
its not the same if you lose the thursday ... atmosphere is special on the thursday ... irish racing can do without this the way things are atm ... hopefully thats the end of postponements for this year ....
|
|
By:
Dead right WR. One day of frost can come out of the ground quick enough. They have been way too presumptious in calling it off. There is a very good chance it will be perfectly raceable by lunchtime tomorrow and frozen on Saturday.
I was really looking forward to it. Saturday doesn't have the same feel to it at all. |
|
By:
i was looking forword to a red mills free lunch as well soapp ... its always nice to have that .. makes losing that little bit easier .....
|
|
By:
I wonder will there be fresh declarations on Friday for Saturday.
|
|
By:
Always enjoyed this day when i had interests in racing.
|
|
By:
Fresh decs tomorrow morning for Gowran Sat : while it was a lovely day in Kilkenny today it didnt get above freezing until well after noon and with a similar forecast for tomorrow , it made sense to switch now especially the way people travel to this meeting from all over the country . Bit surprised Navan switched to Tuesday from this Saturday unless there was an SIS sweetener to do so ?
|
|
By:
We had a 40 seater coming up from Cork.
All cancelled now with very few making their own way on Saturday by the looks of it. Bit of a disaster to Gowran. |
|
By:
the only thing i have against gowran is on big days like this the car parks are unreal to get out of ... i was 2hours trying to get out about 3 years ago maddening to say the least ....
|
|
By:
That situation should be a lot less troublesome now workrider with the completion of the dublin waterford motorway earlier this year. Previously you had hundreds of cars trying to exit carparks onto main Dublin - Waterford road.
|
|
By:
Im actually quite pleased its been moved to Saturday as i was going to miss it for the first time in 20 odd years tomorrow because of Jury duty.
|
|
By:
thats true moneypenny ... the police made a helms of it the year i'm talking about ... let 1 carpark out after another instead of letting them out bit by bit ... we were stuck in the darkness with no one to tell us what was going on .. very poor from them ...
|
|
By:
In fairness to them the crowd they get on Thyestes day is huge and there was never an easy way to manage traffic after racing. We usually hung back for an hour in the past to allow traffic to ease off. As i said the traffic on that road is way less now with the motorway bypassing Gowran so should be interesting to see how it pans out this year
|
|
By:
Mainly dry, settled weather will continue up to and including Monday, as high pressure persists over Ireland. FRIDAY NIGHT: Dry and very cold on Friday night, with widespread frost, as temperatures fall to between 0 and minus 4 or minus 5 Celsius. With near calm conditions fog will be fairly widespread once again, and dense in placesWEEKEND: Remaining mainly dry through the weekend with slack winds. Still very cold but temperatures may improve a little on previous days
surely looks ta b in doubt for saturday aswell surely still b parts of track..cant understand why course woznt covered at start of week ... woz lookin forward to it reckon alpha ridge cud walk the the thyestes if he gets his jumpin tagether |
|
By:
moneypenny......Jury duty interfering with your racing,there should be only one winner.
|
|
By:
It was minus 5 degrees in Kilkenny till 11ish this morning. Margaret Fogarty said they have been having freezing fog to make matters worse. Hopefully the predicted rise in temperatures comes about.
At least they have acquired Monday if Saturday doesn't materialise. |
|
By:
THYESTES DAY - Saturday 22nd January 2011 – First Race 1.05pm
Rooftop Restaurant €80, Punters Package €40, Admission €17/€10, group discount €15/€8. Complimentary Buses Leave Kilkenny Castle between 10.30 & 11.30am. Call Caroline on 056 7726225 or email caroline@gowranpark.ie |
|
By:
Weather is actually worse down here today than it was on Wed when they cancelled the original meet , there would want to be a marked improvement overnight to have any chance of racing tomorrow
|
|
By:
if it could'nt go ahead thursday it wont be on saturday
|
|
By:
The track, which must pass a 7.30am inspection on Saturday, remained frozen in places after three nights of frost and a foggy Friday, but milder weather was predicted for Friday night and Saturday morning.
Manager Margaret Fogarty said: "If the weather is as forecast, we'll be okay. We had a dramatic thaw yesterday afternoon, then another frost last night. "It was not as severe as the previous two nights, but the fog here all morning made it difficult for it to lift and that's why we scheduled an inspection. "The forecast predicts a significant increase in temperatures from dawnon Saturday and I don't think there will be a problem." The ground is described as heavy, with frost in places. reckon it wont pass it meself givin -3 -5 tanite |
|
By:
thats it then for me , i'm forgetting gowran and heading for west cork instead ... have a good weekend all .....
|
|
By:
"if it could'nt go ahead thursday it wont be on saturday"
NOT A HOPE SO imho [;)] It will be dry and cold tonight with temperatures dropping very quickly after dark. Lowest temperatures of +1 to -5 degrees with light winds. There will be a widespread frost tonight and it will be severe in parts with some icy patches developing too. Further mist and fog patches will develop and some pockets of freezing fog are likely too. Tomorrow Another dry day on Saturday, with the overnight frost and fog gradually clearing. A cold day with more cloud than recent days but there will be some bright spells at times. Highest temperatures of 3 to 7 degrees. |
|
By:
Can't believe Fogarty's comments really. There's still a freezing fog in the area, zero chance of it going ahead imo.
I'll eat my hat if i'm wrong. ![]() |
|
By:
Cant believe it either ground like a rock wudn let a cat off on it never mind a horse....
mayb shes gona ta b out defrosting it wit a blow torch all nite :p.. ill eat 2 hats if its on hope it is tho |
|
By:
Just heard Gowran manager on the radio - she is optimistic about meeting going ahead if the weather forecast is correct for tomorrow
|