Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
28 Sep 10 19:05
| Topic/replies: 3,016 | Blogger: workrider's blog
this last month has been one of fear for me .went to the doctor for check up . to my horror the doctor declared himself unhappy with certain things regarding my health and and sent me for tests re possible cancer . as you can imaging i was in shock and left the surgery  with my head and my life shattered all sorts of things entered my mind . how was i going to tell my wife and children etc etc . but inside there was this unbearable fear as my world crumbled around me . after the shock of hearing him telling me the possibilities and armed with letters for ultra sounds and blood tests i walked to my car and life took on a different meaning . would i see my children fulfill their dreams and would my grandchildren remember me these were some of the thoughts  that ran through m mind . every night lying awake trying no to focus on death , the waiting became very stressful , today was the day i'd know my faith , speaking of faith its amazing how dependent you become on prayer  .so i rang the surgery to find out the results , i can assure you it is one fearful time .the doctor was not available and    his sec told me he would ring me after surgery finished , again the waiting was horrific .eventually around 11.30 this morning he rang with the news . i'm fine no traces of cancer the relief is fantastic .just thought i'd share that with you if you were having a bad day on her .god bless.
Pause Switch to Standard View life from another viewpoint
Show More
Report workrider September 28, 2010 7:13 PM BST
here even Laugh
Report Orchardist September 28, 2010 7:17 PM BST
that's a relief mate, makes the point that you've just got to get on with it day by day - my best mate dropped dead in the loo of a 125 pulling into Paddington a couple of years back - never had a day's illness etc, you just don't know what's around the corner
Report Decky September 28, 2010 7:29 PM BST
None of us know what tomorrow holds, thats good you got good news. I know your fear , i went through a nightmare before getting the all clear. Makes you think differently.
Report workrider September 28, 2010 7:32 PM BST
sure does decky , makes bad spelling seem real unimportant Grin god help anyone going through it atm .
Report Sligored September 28, 2010 7:45 PM BST
delighted everything is ok workrider, certainly puts things into perspective.
Report norn iron September 28, 2010 7:53 PM BST
M8 AS YOU NO I HAD 2 BRAIN OPERATIONS( YES TOOK 2 FIND IT) I FOR ONE NO WHAT YOU WENT THRU AND YOUR HEALTH AND YOUR FAMILY ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS IN YOUR LIFE SO ENJOY THE GOOD NEWS AND REMEMBER LIFE IS FOR LIVING AND DONT TAKE ANYTHING FOR GRANTED .PS WITH YOUR GOOD NEWS HOPEFULLY U WILL LIGHTEN UP ON THE GAA AS THEY ARE VERY IMPORTANT TOO A LOT OF FAMILYS .
Report peppapig September 28, 2010 8:19 PM BST
good to here u ok man,,even with all the slagging..
Report norn iron September 28, 2010 8:30 PM BST
PEPPAPIG   THANKS[:x]Laugh
Report Rocketfingers September 28, 2010 8:45 PM BST
Congrats WR
Report irish_guy_13 September 28, 2010 8:47 PM BST
i've a nephew 17 in hospital dying of cancer, imagine what  he, parents brothers and sisters are going threw. Cry
Report norn iron September 28, 2010 8:52 PM BST
IG 13 , OMG THATS TERRIBLE IN SUCH A YOUNG PERSON OUR PRAYERS GO OUT TOO HIM AND YOUR FAMILY CIRCLE
Report soldieroffortune September 28, 2010 9:14 PM BST
All the best to you workrider, stay fit and well my friend Happy
Report norn iron September 28, 2010 9:20 PM BST
SOF U FANCY THAT DOWN ROYAL DAY BE GOOD SEE U UP HERE WE  WILL KEEP THE flags OUT FOR YOU M8[;)]
Report squigs September 28, 2010 9:21 PM BST
You might live to see Rovers win the league again but in all seriousness Great news, well done and take care of yourself. You've probobly have had taken a perspective of life most of us here had never had to imagine but remember your healths your wealth.
Report irish_guy_13 September 28, 2010 9:21 PM BST
ty norn
Report soldieroffortune September 28, 2010 9:30 PM BST
Thanks norn, I'll be in touch mate Happy
Report huddys September 28, 2010 10:05 PM BST
great news workrider!!
Report workrider September 28, 2010 10:05 PM BST
thanks everyone , just went for a drive to meet some friend to tell them the good news , its amazing how you see things , now  looking at things in totally different way than before .
Report Rowley Mile September 29, 2010 1:36 AM BST
All the best sincerely WR
Report spurs to buy big September 29, 2010 2:36 AM BST
too much fackin perspective
Report Giant Strides September 29, 2010 8:16 AM BST
Just as well wr. You`ll have at least another 16 years to wait for a league title. Blush
Report downallstar September 29, 2010 9:17 AM BST
All the best WR.
Report workrider September 29, 2010 12:02 PM BST
giant , have  little look at who were runners up to the great shamrock rovers 4 IN A ROW TEAM in 84/85 seasons Cool
Report workrider September 29, 2010 12:04 PM BST
by the way thanks downallstar and rowley mile for your kind words .i think we'll move on now thats the end of that .thanks to all .
Report robo September 30, 2010 12:44 PM BST
very strong bobby you must have a hell of a gruge against w r thought his story was touching
Report SamuelMorse September 30, 2010 12:46 PM BST
don't pay attention to robo , jimeens boyfriend and lover , both trying to stir things up .
Report robo September 30, 2010 2:42 PM BST
wise words from a man that maxed out his credit card and rejoined under a new user name only 3 months ago
Report KK 05 September 30, 2010 4:09 PM BST
Just seen this post, all the best workrider. Delighted you got the all clear. We have had plenty disagreements but c'est la vie. It's always good to get another perspective and you sure have had that quite a bit!!!

Best of luck to you!
Report Steveirll September 30, 2010 5:06 PM BST
Glad your fine Workrider.
Report SatelliteFlight September 30, 2010 5:20 PM BST
good to hear everything is ok workrider Grin

im sure you've heard the news about Paddy Byrne
Report robo September 30, 2010 5:41 PM BST
heard the news about paddy byrne today a pure gent (rip)
Report zipifried September 30, 2010 5:49 PM BST
which Paddy byrne is this?
Report SatelliteFlight September 30, 2010 5:50 PM BST
i posted about it on the greyhound forum if ya want to read it
Report workrider September 30, 2010 6:00 PM BST
no sf , as you know haven't been down recently , is it paddy of catanda fame ? if so really sorry , a true gent . my condolences to his wife imelda .
Report SatelliteFlight September 30, 2010 6:03 PM BST
yeah died on tuesday Sad was even in SPK saturday night
Report workrider September 30, 2010 6:21 PM BST
thats sad , even when he lost his leg he was still fun of life , a lesson in how to face adversity to us all r.i.p.
Report winston September 30, 2010 7:25 PM BST
Jes us wept. Robo,do u actually do anything else but sarcasm?
Whilst not a fan of baring ones soul on a forum,taking the pi ss out of cancer fears was bad but mocking the dead is a new low even for the forum idiot.The gent who said 'sarcasm is the lowest form of wit' must have had u in mind.Grow up or at least grow a braincell.
Report SamuelMorse September 30, 2010 7:27 PM BST
avoid robo , he's a bad apple .
Report boxingthefox September 30, 2010 7:29 PM BST
Workrider, Hi mate , just seen this, great stuff, all the best. Happy
Report winston September 30, 2010 7:33 PM BST
Apologies,in my anger at the forum idiot I forgot to wish Workrider and his family all the very best.Thankfully a happy ending,God knows every ray of sunshine is welcome nowadays.
Report robo September 30, 2010 7:34 PM BST
i afraid winston or boris what ever they call you these days look back through the thread and you will see i supported workrider and condemed galway59 and for your remark about paddy byrne he was a friend of mine so dont post on things you know nothing about.
Report workrider September 30, 2010 7:41 PM BST
thanks boxingthefox . think i made a mistake putting it up on here though , was only trying to put losing money on here and real  disaster into prospective .  potential  lunatics on here gobbled it up and turned their madness on me .some on here have the mindset of fanatics and are only happy been miserable . i have to pray for the really sick ones  god love them .   hope your health is better mate , i know its been hard for you .hopefully you'll be able to meet up with us for  a few days racing in the uk come springtime .
Report winston September 30, 2010 7:48 PM BST
lads fair is fair i offer pipe of peace sorry all its gone to far got mixed up.u wont belleve me but mick laly i got mixed up with so there
Report spurs to buy big September 30, 2010 9:33 PM BST
too much fackin perspictive
Report mincer11 June 27, 2011 10:18 PM BST
Thank god wonky is still with us , another few years he will have cleared the whole place .
Report mincer11 June 28, 2011 12:44 PM BST
Cant leave this masterpiece fall down the page
Report db1974 June 28, 2011 12:45 PM BST
I don't really see the benefit of bringing these threads to the top of the forum.

These days are long gone.
Report mincer11 June 28, 2011 12:50 PM BST
I think its one of the all time great posts that is the initial one  .Wonky looking for sympathy for not having cancer and actually getting it .Pity wildclown wasnt around that time,at least now he can offer his condolences.
Report ilikewavingatbuses June 28, 2011 4:55 PM BST
thats v good news wr.

i was actually diagnosed with cancer a few years ago and now look at life in a different light. nothing matters after youve been thru something like that!

all the best.
Report Vubiant June 29, 2011 1:07 AM BST
Live each  day as if it were your last ...because one of these days -it will be . Laugh
( Jeremy Schwartz )
Report mincer11 July 1, 2011 10:42 AM BST
suas
Report kavvie July 1, 2011 10:50 AM BST
i read last nignt about the first guy who made the transition from gaa to aussie rules.a former kerry minor called sean wright.he never drank or smoked and dies at 46 years.was afitness fanatic and then this happens to him.a guy  near me drinks 8 pints  and a few whiskeys every night and smokes 30 cigs a day and hes 75..life and death is a puzzle sometimes.
Report wildmanfromborneo July 1, 2011 11:09 AM BST
To realise how sick The Lavender Hill Mob are just read Bobbybocalas post of 30/9/10 at 12.22.Mincer has graduated from his usual one word post of..up...to the Irish version.
Report mincer11 July 1, 2011 2:26 PM BST
Aris
Report bobbybocala July 1, 2011 3:19 PM BST
wild**** pity someone didnt inject u with the big c..u horrible p-r-i-c-k
Report workrider July 1, 2011 3:20 PM BST
get help son and quick ....you are one sick man....
Report bobbybocala July 1, 2011 3:32 PM BST
w@nkrider..anyone who reads this thread will see that the sad individual who started the thread is indeed the sicko that needs the help...
Report lapsy pa July 1, 2011 3:32 PM BST
Boobybocala youre a disgrace to yourself to put filth like that up about anybody.
Report slickster July 1, 2011 5:22 PM BST
bobby, wonky isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but you're crossing a line...
Report wildmanfromborneo July 1, 2011 11:33 PM BST
Amazing the way Bobbybocala, who finds long posts difficult,is silent for ages but when he is mentioned on here returns in double jig time,proves my point that he is reading every line just like Mincer.
There is more to Slickster than meets the eye,i am glad to see that he realises just how cowardly and revolting Bobbybocala is.
Report Newmanix July 2, 2011 12:04 AM BST
Glad your ok Workrider.  Bobbys comments are unacceptable and should be silenced for good.
Report workrider July 2, 2011 7:41 AM BST
i'm in grand form newmanix thank god ,thanks for the kind thoughts, might head out for a round of golf or either a walk with herself ,its bellewsown tonight for me as well..ain't life grand....
Report Newmanix July 2, 2011 7:52 AM BST
Happy
Report workrider July 2, 2011 7:54 AM BST
anything on yourself newmanix......?
Report Newmanix July 2, 2011 8:07 AM BST
Im working 7 days a week atm.  Its great being out on the water, catching loads of salmon and trout.  Best thing is my dog can come to work with meLove  He is a fecker for chasing sheep though.  I won a 10$ poker tournie last night got a grand out of it. Stay lucky mate!
Report workrider July 2, 2011 8:26 AM BST
brilliant stuff , enjoying your work i see ..what more could a man ask for ....have a wonderful day....
Report Ovalman. July 2, 2011 8:45 AM BST
As long as ur OK, pity about that shyte u support.
Report Ovalman. July 2, 2011 8:45 AM BST
As long as ur OK, pity about that shyte u support.
Report workrider July 2, 2011 8:48 AM BST
ovalman Laugh..good to hear you  ...you well mate....?
Report Ovalman. July 2, 2011 9:04 AM BST
I don't frequent this forum much but this thread caught my eye.

I had a minor scare in my teens, it's a worry but as long as you feel OK doesn't matter what shyte u support (even linfailed....maybe not)
Report workrider July 2, 2011 9:18 AM BST
great stuff ovalman ...sad the way n.i. football has gone ..when you think of some of the great players ye have produced ...still the only way is up....
Report Newmanix July 2, 2011 8:19 PM BST
bobby, i hope u get the ban i have requested.
Report Princesse D'Anjou July 2, 2011 9:06 PM BST
Glad you're well Workrider - keep backing those winners and ignoring the idiots.
Report jimeen July 2, 2011 9:15 PM BST
there was never nothing wrong with him in the first place ye dumb ****...
Report Mordin. July 2, 2011 9:16 PM BST
Good news Workrider, glad everything is all clear.

Not so good on here with the news that the cancer that is the premium charge has become more aggressive.
Report workrider July 2, 2011 11:42 PM BST
thanks one and all ..gollum i.e. bobbybocola , has brought this thread back up along with a couple of his cohorts ..i'm fine thanks  ..it was last september but the poor demented fool just had to find something to occupy his evil mind....we should all pray for him ..it must be horrible been him....
Report neill d July 3, 2011 3:47 AM BST
good to hear wr, the one thing about betting, I suppose it kind of prepares a person for lifes knock backs in a way. (the injustice), keep knocking in 33/1 shots and go out swingin[;)]
Report mincer11 July 4, 2011 10:44 AM BST
Suas
Report mincer11 July 16, 2011 10:18 PM BST
Aris
Report mincer11 September 23, 2011 9:22 PM BST
Get up there ya boy ya
Report mincer11 October 3, 2011 11:42 AM BST
Aris anthony
Report mincer11 October 25, 2011 4:43 PM BST
To the top
Report poorpup October 25, 2011 10:17 PM BST
stop being a boring muppet mincer
Report CheltenhamRoar October 12, 2015 11:54 PM BST
This the one mincer?
Report wildmanfromborneo October 13, 2015 9:08 AM BST
I don't think Mincer will thank you for this,it shows an obsessive cruel mind.
Eight times he has brought this thread back to life and it again does the opposite of what its intended.

Does Mincer not see it shows how popular Workrider is and shows up his Lavender Hill Mob for what they are.
Report dj876 October 13, 2015 1:39 PM BST
I don't think Borneo is being very authentic here.

Why did you dodge him in Thurles?

How are you encouraging him to continue with this drivel?

Have you read his thread on the HR forum where he can't compose the title without using expletives? If that was other forumites on here, you would be condemning them for their foul language, yet they're the only adjectives in Wonk's vocab.

The forum isn't a place for detailing your daily hygiene routine, planned excursions or family health issues.These are continuous and not one offs.
Report workrider October 13, 2015 4:27 PM BST
DJ . The higher climbs the ape,the more he shows his bum.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com