Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Catch Me ifyoucan
10 Jan 09 16:43
| Topic/replies: 18,579 | Blogger: Catch Me ifyoucan's blog
The first one I see mentioned is.....

WATERFORD Thurs.26th.Feb.....Woodlands Hotel 8pm

Brian Gleeson (Chairman)
Mike Cattermole
Nick Luck
MICK FITZ
DAVY
Pat Keane
Noel O'Brien
Justin Carthy
Noel Cummins

Who's got info. on the usual others ???

HORSE & JOCKEY
NENAGH ???
SCARRIFF Mike Macs
MURTY McMAHONS :^0 ) ???
GOAT Thurs.26th.Feb. ???
HELIX Wed.25th.Feb ???
HAROLD's CROSS BRIDGE Francis McKenna's Pub ???
KILDARE Ballymore, Paddy Murphys ???
ROSCOMMON Abbey Hotel 2nd.Mar. ???
CORK Silver Springs Hotel ???
GALWAY Salthill Hotel Wed.4th.Mar. ???
FERMOY Kerins Bar ???

Please keep comments like "A total and utter waste of time attending one of these" to yourself ;)
Pause Switch to Standard View Cheltenham (((( PREVIEW Nights ))))...
Show More
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 24, 2012 9:27 AM GMT
Ruby's Cheltenham Preview Wed, Feb 22nd, 2012

Ruby Walsh has previewed his rides in the big races at Cheltenham. He was speaking to Pat Keane at the offices of the Irish Examiner. (Does HE not write Ruby's Column Confused)
Ruby does a regular column for the paper but finding a copy might be a bit tricky for his UK fans. The good news is that there is some video of this mini Cheltenham Preview.

The way we hear it, Ruby sounds very sweet on the prospects of his rides in the two big hurdle races. That's the favourites Hurricane Fly in the Stan James Champion Hurdle and Big Bucks in the Ladbrokes World Hurdle. (what else is going to say about them at this stage ffs !) 

Maybe we are reading too much between the lines but he does sound a bit more cautious about the chances of Kauto Star in the Gold Cup and Quevega in the Mares Hurdle.

If you fancy all four of these horses, there is a Ruby Walsh Special, Hurricane Fly, Quevega, Big Bucks and Kauto Star all to win at the Cheltenham Festival, available at 22/1 with Paddy Power. 
The first three look like banker material and combining that special with our free bet could make watching the 2012 Gold Cup very exciting !

Ruby picks out Willie Mullin's trained Boston Bob as his other big chance but doesn't know whether that horse goes for the Neptune or Albert Bartlett Hurdle.

Pat Keane questions Ruby about Big Bucks so called "flat spot" but he isn't worried. Had Ruby  Oscar Whisky in mind when saying the flamboyant horse that travels never gets home in three mile hurdles ? Judge for yourself.

Please keep comments like "A total and utter waste of time" WATCHIN' THIS to yourself Laugh
Report steeringjobnap February 24, 2012 3:26 PM GMT
@ Moneypenny / Eddie Batt,

Will either of you be compiling a review of the Woodland's Preview?
Report BJG February 24, 2012 4:21 PM GMT
The Tipp one was done live on twitter grade 1 - everyone had eccess to it Wink
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 24, 2012 4:36 PM GMT
grade 1 (© Catch Me ifyoucan) Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 25, 2012 9:58 PM GMT
AND THEY'RE OFF......

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mon.27th.Feb.2012 Co.KILDARE, Paddy Murphy's Bar, Ballymore Eustace. 8pm.
Mon.27th.Feb.2012 Co.DUBLIN, Strand Bar, Rush. 8pm.
Report jumper February 26, 2012 12:21 PM GMT
Wed.29th.Feb.2012 Co.MEATH, Ratoath GAA Club. 8pm.
Tickets €15. (incl. finger food and free €10.00 “match bet” sponsored by Bruce Betting).

More news on this one.

Panel
Paul Carberry
Nina Carberry
Andrew lynch
Robbie Hennessy
Patrick Mullins

with Des Scahill compering, and other panellists to be announced.
Report jumper February 26, 2012 12:24 PM GMT
Another one to add to the list above

Sunday 4 March, Walterstown GFC, Navan, Co Meath @ 8.00pm

Panel
Gordon Elliott
Nina Carberry
Ted Walsh jr
Tony Martin
Robbie Power & others to be confirmed

Thank god I went to mass this morning, only located this in the parish newsletter
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 26, 2012 7:09 PM GMT
DID ANYONE GO ?..........

Saturday night (Feb.25th)

Co.WEXFORD, Blackwater Lodge Hotel, Blackwater. 8pm.
Tickets Cost €20.00ea which includes finger food and a free €5.00 bet kindly sponsored by Paddy Poor.
Liam Spratt MC, Colm Murphy, Paul Nolan, Davy Russell, Jamie Codd & Paddy Poor rep,
Contact Dolores Gordon on +353(87)6234623 for information and tickets.
Report moneypenny February 26, 2012 7:31 PM GMT
I'll put up a review of the woodlands night sjn alright
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 26, 2012 9:35 PM GMT
Mon.27th.Feb.2012.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CO.KILDARE, Paddy Murphy's Bar, Ballymore Eustace. 8pm.
All prodeeds going towards Temple Street Hospital.
Free Entry & Free €5 bet for all those in attendance.
MC: Pat Nolan Panel: Andrew Lynch, Gordon Elliot, 'Shark' Hanlon, Damien McElroy, Fran Flood, Paddy Aspell, Darragh Fitzpatrick & Paddy Power representative.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CO.DUBLIN, Strand Bar, Rush. 8pm.
€10. In aid of Pieta House.
Panel Denis Kirwan (MC), Oliver Brady, Andrew Lynch, Ado McGuinness, Brian Flanagan and The Sam Maguire Cup.

Wed.29th.Feb.2012.
DUBLIN 15, Westmanstown Sports & Conf. Centre, 8pm SHARP.
In Aid of 'Tania McCabe Foundation'.
€20 plus available at (01) 8207888, price includes a €5 free bet with Paddy Power and finger food
Draw Prizes; Trip for two to Gold Cup, Annual Badges 2012 for top Racecourses, VIP Tickets to Leinster Football Final 2012, one year free gym membership and many more.
Ivan Yeats (MC), Ruby Walsh, Barry Geraghty, Davy Russell, Jessica Harrington, Colm Murphy, Donn McClean (The Sunday Times), Paddy Poor
Conference Call: Willie Mullins & Paul Nicholls. Sponsors Paddy Poor.
CO.MEATH, Ratoath GAA Club. 8pm.
Tickets €15. (incl. finger food and free €10.00 “match bet” sponsored by Bruce Betting).
Des Scahill (MC), Paul Carberry, Nina Carberry, Andrew Lynch, Robbie Hennessy, Patrick Mullins  (with other panellists to be announced).
CO.KILDARE, Osprey Hotel, Naas. 8pm.
Cheltenham Festival Quiz
In aid of the Irish Motor Neuron Disease Association.
€40 for a table of 4.

Thurs.1st.March.2012.
WATERFORD, Woodlands Hotel. 8pm.
Proceeds to Vincent de Paul and Waterford Branch of Alzheimers Society.
Panel John Francome, Jim McGrath (Channel 4), Nick Luck, Mike Cattermole, Noel O'Brien, Tom Segal (aka Pricewise), Jessica Harrington, Ted Walsh, Davy Russell and Hayley O'Connor (Sadblokes sponsors).
Tickets €20.

Fri.2nd.March.2012.
Co.TIPPERARY, The Vilage Inn, Moyglass. 8pm.
Free entry and Raffle in Association with Moyglass National School Parents Association.
Panel Ken Whelan MC, Philip Fenton, Thomond O’Mara, Philip Enright, Mark Boylan to sing The Festival Live and Hayes Bookmakers.
DUBLIN 15, St.Peregines GAA Club, Blanchardstown. 7.30pm.
Panel Denis Kirwan MC, Paul Carberry, Robbie Hennessy, Donn McClean, Damien McElroy and Donal McCarthy (Star Sports).
€15 incl. free bet and a goody bag.
Co.MEATH, Donaghmore/Ashbourne GAA Club. 8pm.
In Aid of the Arkle Memorial Statue Fund.
Panel Tony O'Hehir (Rte, Compere), Jim Dreaper, Andrew Lynch, Brian Flanagan (Star) and other special guests
Tickets €20 (incl.free bet with Sponsors Bambury Bookmakers)
Co.KERRY, Kilarney Racecourse. 8:30pm
Kevin O'Ryan (MC). Matt Chapman, Paddy Wilmott, Bryan Cooper, Andrew McNamara, Hayley O'Connor.
€15 available from the Racecourse.

Sun.4th.March.2012.
DUBLIN 18, The Stillorgan Park Hotel. 7.45pm.
In aid of the Irish Horse Welfare Trust (IHWT) and the National Rehabilitation Hospital (NRH)
Matt Chapman MC, Barry Geraghty, Davy Russell, Jessica Harrington, Tony Mullins, Henry de Bromhead, Leo Powell, Noel O’Brien & Barry Orr (Betfair).
€20 incl. finger food.
Co.LIMERICK, Dunraven Arms Hotel, Adare.
Nick Luck (MC), Tom Segal, Philip Hobbs, Tim Sherwood, Andrew McNamara, Richard Johnson and more
€32 (ticket only)  includes full dinner.

Mon.5th.March.2012.
BELFAST, Europa Hotel. 8pm.
Gary O'Brien, Gordon Elliot, Paul Townend, Richard Hoiles, Mark Winstanley, Paddy Wilmott, Brian Graham & Ronan Graham.
£10 includes £5 free bet with Sean Graham.
Co.KILDARE, Kavanaghs Pub, Naas.
Jessica Harrington, Paul Carberry, Niall Cronin, Leon Blanche.

Tues.6th.March.2012.
Co.MONAGHAN, Glencarn Hotel, Castleblayney. 7.30pm Sharp.
In aid of Heart Cardiac Research.
Presented by Shabra Charity Foundation with Sponsors Paddy Poor & The Racing Post
€20.00 including free €5.00 Paddy Poor Bet & entry into draw for €500.00 Bet.
Panel Matt Chapman (MC), D.K. Weld, Jonnny Ward, Oliver Brady, Henry De Bromhead, John Cullen, Patrick W Mullins, Peter Casey, Tony Martin, Frank Berry, Paddy Poor, Michael Hourigan, Des Scahill and Special Guest Tommy Bowe.
Co.DUBLIN, Brady’s of Shankill, Main Street, Shankill. 6.30pm.
In Aid of what charity ?????
Denis Kirwan (TV3) (MC) Robbie Power, Gordon Elliott, Donn McClean, Damien McElroy, Dave Keena
Special VIP Guest – to be announced on the night

Wed.7th.March.2012.
Co.LAOIS, Heritage Hotel, Portlaoise. 8pm.
All proceeds going towards Autism Laois/Offaly.
Free Entry with Free €5 bet for all those in attendance.
Panel Pat Nolan MC, Robbie McNamara, Andrew Leigh, Andrew Lynch, Martin Murphy (HRI), Darragh Fitzpatrick, Justin O'Hanlon & Paddy Poor rep.
DUBLIN 18, The Pavillion, Leopardstown Racecourse.
In aid of Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association.
Jonathan Mullin, Willie Mullins, Tom Segal, Anthony Bromley and Paudie Hassett.
€20 incl. €10 bet, copy of the Racing Posts Cheltenham Guide, Copy of the Racing Post on arrival & the following days on departure, entry into a VIP draw for Cheltenham & entry to Spoilsports.com Day at the Punchestown Festival (24th April).
Co.KILDARE. Glen Royal Hotel, Maynooth.
Dessie Hughes, Jim McGrath, Andrew Lynch, Gordon Elliot, Tony O'Heir, Noel O'Brien, Damien McElroy, Nina Carberry.
Tickets: €20 with €20 free bet.

Thur.8th.March.2012.
Co.KILDARE, Bridgewater Inn, Sallins. 8pm.
All proceeds going towards Sallins Primary School.
Panel Pat Nolan MC, Robbie McNamara, Andrew Leigh, Andrew Lynch, Martin Murphy (HRI), Brian Flanagan, Darragh Fitzpatrick, Justin O'Hanlon & Paddy Poor rep.
DUBLIN 6, Francis Mckenna’s Pub, Harold’s Cross Bridge. 8pm.
In Aid of the Irish Motor Neuron Disease Association.
”COVERING THE HANDICAPS”. Panel yet to be finalised but usually include Patrick Mullins, Roger Loughran, Andrew Lynch, Ado McGuinness, Ryan McElligott (Irish Field) and other SPECIAL GUESTS !
DUBLIN 2. Café en Seine, Dawson Street. 6.30pm.
Panel Denis Kirwan MC, Barry Geraghty, Donn McClean, Gary O’Brien, Dave Keena and Kevin O’Ryan.
Free entry, complimentary food served, all welcome. Sponsored by Bet daq.
Co.WICKLOW, Mac’s Lounge, Powerscourt Arms Country House, Enniskerry Village.
Matt Chapman (MC) Panel of top jockeys and trainers incl. Graham Bradley & David Casey
Free €25 ‘matching bet’ on the night with Star Spreads.
Report ChildOfMine2 February 27, 2012 10:52 AM GMT
BTW, if anybody wants 1/1 on Big Buck's or Hurricane Fly, you'll probably get it at the Ballymore preview later tonight. The bookie on site has made it a habit of his to bismark one of the hot-pots every year and he's likely to make one of those his bismark tonight. It might be worth going along for an hour or so and he'll be going NR-NB by the way too.
Report Distant View February 27, 2012 11:51 AM GMT
I assume it will be 1/1 Hurricane Fly that you guys will be offering tonight COM?

Hard to believe that you will go 1/1 nr/nb on a 4/7 shot in Big Bucks.

What is the max stake that would be accommodated?
Report ChildOfMine2 February 27, 2012 1:10 PM GMT
Well all that I know is that he will be going NR-NB on all races, he's done it every year, and he'll take whatever bet you want. I saw him lay 300 ew on Won In The Dark at 50/1 (to the owner) two years ago and a couple of €500 bets on Dunguib when it may hot-fav for the Supreme Novices'.
The one thing most preview nights are missing in recent years is the facility to do a bet on the night itself but that won't be the case tonight!
Report mincer11 February 27, 2012 2:16 PM GMT
Why should any bookie at these previews facilitate dirty filthy arbers?.I love the one about what's the maximum stake,the question should be how much would these parasites look to have on if they couldn't arb. The answer is nothing of course,these type of prickks have made having bets nigh on impossible in modern day gambling. Sincerely hope that whoever the bookie is doesn't entertain these leeches that will turn up at this thing tonight.I Know for certain if he bet them the same price as is available on this rubbish site here then he won't lay a bet.
Report Distant View February 27, 2012 2:43 PM GMT
That was the basis of my question mincer. The Fly will be 1/1 on the day and might b a bit better than that, but Big Bucks will go to 8/11 at best I would say, despite the fact that he has been taken on each year and has started 5/6 and 10/11.

I would have assumed (wrongly it seems) that the max bet would be €50 or so and would be available to everyone on the night, but that doesn't look to be the case. The bookie is no doubt PP given that they are represented on the panel.
Report db1974 February 27, 2012 2:46 PM GMT
Why would you presume that everyone wanting 1/1 about HF or BB is an arber?
Report Distant View February 27, 2012 2:54 PM GMT
Seems to be the mincer view on life I suppose.

There are plenty who would punt BB at 1/1 and be very happy to hold the docket. Hard to believe that many would be arbing it, given that an easier arb on him is always to lay pre-race and punt him back in running, even if the margins are tighter now as most are wise to his running style at this stage.
Report Mr Mischief February 27, 2012 4:39 PM GMT
Will the Fly be 1/1 on course on the day ye reckon?
Report ChildOfMine2 February 27, 2012 6:06 PM GMT
Theres not a hope of HF being 1/1 on the day. The bookie aint PP either tonight!
Report Distant View February 27, 2012 6:20 PM GMT
The day of the race market is extremely strong at Cheltenham and it is a very rare occurrence that the ante post hot pot in a particular race is any shorter on the day than they have traded at in many of the ante post lists. Dunguib 2 years ago been a fine example and Big Bucks for the past 2 years also trading at a bigger price at the off, than he was in the run up to the race.

Unless there are withdrawals of some significant participants between now and post time, the price on the Fly will hold up on the day, providing there is not an unprecedented avalanche of money for him at the course and widespread shortening up by firms, then I cannot see him being any shorter than 4/5 and 1/1 is certainly a possibility to appear at some stage.
Report soapp February 27, 2012 6:27 PM GMT
I just can't believe that in Ireland's second LARGEST city Cork there is no preview.

Surley some pub has a racing background and can do something about it.

A DISGRACE.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 27, 2012 11:45 PM GMT
ANY word on these (usual ones) coming up ??????????????????

CORK Silver Springs Hotel ???

DUNGARVAN, The Park Hotel.

SWORDS, Kettles Hotel, Rolestown. 8.30pm. €20.
(Crumlin Childrens Hospital & Fingal Ravens GAA Juveniles).

CO. WICKLOW, Redcross, Rua's Jones' Lounge. 8pm.
(In Aid of Irish Horse Welfare Trust).

GOATSTOWN, The Goat. 7pm.
(In Aid of Barnardos).

Presume the daily one in MURTY McMAHONS is still going strong Silly
Report OnTheSnaff February 27, 2012 11:50 PM GMT
Thinking about going the Westmanstown one on wednesday,does anyone know if you can pay at the door instead of having to purchase a ticket beforehand?
Report db1974 February 28, 2012 12:09 AM GMT
I rang them last week and the lady took my name only. I asked her if she wanted payment there and then but she said that I need to pay at the door on the night.
Report db1974 February 28, 2012 12:09 AM GMT
^ I was talking about the Westmanstown one on Wednesday
Report OnTheSnaff February 28, 2012 12:23 AM GMT
Cheers db,ill give them a ring tomorrow so
Report steeringjobnap February 28, 2012 10:28 AM GMT
moneypenny
26 Feb 12 19:31   

I'll put up a review of the woodlands night sjn alright

thank you Moneypenny - will be in attendence but I am distinctly average at note-taking at such social events!
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 28, 2012 11:22 PM GMT
Wed.29th.Feb.2012. THERE MAY BE ONE NEAR YOU 2NITE !

DUBLIN 15, Westmanstown Sports & Conf. Centre, 8pm SHARP.
In Aid of 'Tania McCabe Foundation'.
€20 plus available at (01) 8207888, price includes a €5 free bet with Paddy Power and finger food
Draw Prizes; Trip for two to Gold Cup, Annual Badges 2012 for top Racecourses, VIP Tickets to Leinster Football Final 2012, one year free gym membership and many more.
Ivan Yeats (MC), Ruby Walsh, Barry Geraghty, Davy Russell, Jessica Harrington, Colm Murphy, Donn McClean (The Sunday Times), Paddy Poor
Conference Call: Willie Mullins & Paul Nicholls. Sponsors Paddy Poor.
CO.MEATH, Ratoath GAA Club. 8pm.
Des Scahill (MC), Paul Carberry, Nina Carberry, Andrew Lynch, Robbie Hennessy, Patrick Mullins  (with other panellists to be announced).
CO.KILDARE, Osprey Hotel, Naas. 8pm.
Cheltenham Festival Quiz
In aid of the Irish Motor Neuron Disease Association.
€40 for a table of 4.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 1, 2012 11:31 PM GMT
Fri.2nd.March.2012.

Co.TIPPERARY, The Vilage Inn, Moyglass. 8pm.
Free entry and Raffle in Association with Moyglass National School Parents Association.
Panel Ken Whelan MC, Philip Fenton, Thomond O’Mara, Philip Enright, Mark Boylan to sing The Festival Live and Hayes Bookmakers.

DUBLIN 15, St.Peregines GAA Club, Blanchardstown. 7.30pm.
Panel Denis Kirwan MC, Paul Carberry, Robbie Hennessy, Donn McClean, Damien McElroy and Donal McCarthy (Star Sports).
€15 incl. free bet and a goody bag.

Co.MEATH, Donaghmore/Ashbourne GAA Club. 8pm.
In Aid of the Arkle Memorial Statue Fund.
Panel Tony O'Hehir (Rte, Compere), Jim Dreaper, Andrew Lynch, Brian Flanagan (Star) and other special guests
Tickets €20 (incl.free bet with Sponsors Bambury Bookmakers)

Co.KERRY, Kilarney Racecourse. 8:30pm
Kevin O'Ryan (MC). Matt Chapman, Paddy Wilmott, Bryan Cooper, Andrew McNamara, Hayley O'Connor.
€15 available from the Racecourse.
Report soapp March 2, 2012 8:18 PM GMT
Cheltenham Preview Night Fundraiser
Stillorgan Park Hotel
Sunday 4th March at 7.45pm

The National Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation (NRHF) and the Irish Horse Welfare Trust (IHWT) are hosting a Pre Cheltenham Night on Sunday 4th March in Stillorgan Park Hotel at 7.45pm.
Sponsored by Betfair, the expert panel includes a very impressive line up: Jessie Harrington (Patron IHWT), Henry de Bromhead, Barry Geraghty, Davy Russell, Barry Orr (Betfair), Noel O'Brien Leo Powell (Chairman) and Tony Mullins.
It promises to be a fantastic night where punters can get the edge with an invaluable insight into the upcoming Cheltenham races. Along with a top panel line up, Matt Chapman (At the Races) and Leo Powell (The Irish Field) will be bringing their professional talents to the event. This expert panel will undoubtedly make for a really entertaining evening full of valuable insights into what’s to come at Cheltenham.
The tickets are super value at €20 per head, which includes finger food and race card, with all proceeds going to IHWT and NRHF.
You can click here for more information or to buy tickets online for this event:
Tickets available from Paul on 087 249 6074 , Stillorgan Park 01 200 1800 or buy online at www.ihwt.ie
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 3, 2012 11:22 PM GMT
Sun.4th.March.2012.

In aid of the Irish Horse Welfare Trust (IHWT) and the National Rehabilitation Hospital (NRH)
Matt Chapman MC, Barry Geraghty, Davy Russell, Jessica Harrington, Tony Mullins, Henry de Bromhead, Leo Powell, Noel O’Brien & Barry Orr (Betfair).
€20 incl. finger food.
Co.LIMERICK, Dunraven Arms Hotel, Adare.
Nick Luck (MC), Tom Segal, Philip Hobbs, Tim Sherwood, Andrew McNamara, Richard Johnson and more
€32 (ticket only)  includes full dinner.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 6, 2012 11:19 AM GMT
Tues.6th.March.2012.

Co.MONAGHAN, Glencarn Hotel, Castleblayney. 7.30pm Sharp.
In aid of Heart Cardiac Research.
Presented by Shabra Charity Foundation with Sponsors Paddy Poor & The Racing Post
€20.00 including free €5.00 Paddy Poor Bet & entry into draw for €500.00 Bet.
Panel Matt Chapman (MC), D.K. Weld, Jonnny Ward, Oliver Brady, Henry De Bromhead, John Cullen, Patrick W Mullins, Peter Casey, Tony Martin, Frank Berry, Paddy Poor, Michael Hourigan, Des Scahill and Special Guest Tommy Bowe.
Co.DUBLIN, Brady’s of Shankill, Main Street, Shankill. 6.30pm.
In Aid of what charity ?????
Denis Kirwan (TV3) (MC) Robbie Power, Gordon Elliott, Donn McClean, Damien McElroy, Dave Keena
Special VIP Guest – to be announced on the night
Report The Icchantika March 6, 2012 12:37 PM GMT
Anyone in Galway last night?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 6, 2012 12:41 PM GMT
galwaylaw,
Didn't know it was on.......thought it was WED (7th as per Anaglogs Daughter)
Report The Icchantika March 6, 2012 12:45 PM GMT
It was on last night. Alan Byrne, Paul Kealy, DN Russell, Mr Derek O'Connor, Mr PW Mullins, BJ Curley, 'Gorgeous' George. Perhaps you should pay more attention to thegalwayman- that guy is a font of knowledge.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 6, 2012 1:08 PM GMT
"that guy is a font of knowledge"

- Others will give you credit if credit you are due
And that self praise is no praise happens to be true
He told me without asking of his great job and his recent huge raise
He did seem so willing for to sing his own praise
I put up with his bragging did not wish to be rude
For rudeness can seem so insulting and crude
Listening to self praise can be quite hard to bear
But sad to think such people are no longer rare
Self praise it is no praise some are known to say
Whilst others see self promotion as quite okay
And though love of self it is a necessary thing
You should leave it to others your praises to sing
He felt happy to tell me of his life's success
But I'm not an easy one for to impress. Laugh
Report soapp March 6, 2012 6:02 PM GMT
€20 incl. finger food.

An addition there tonight is the one and only W P MULLINS and it will be the ONLY preview he is doing.
Report soapp March 6, 2012 6:04 PM GMT
I got that wrong.

Mullins to appear at Cheltenham preview night
Tue 6th Mar 2012, 09:07
Trainer Willie Mullins will appear at
Leopardstown's Cheltenham preview night
(© Healy Racing Photos) The ****.com Cheltenham preview night is taking place this Wednesday 7th March in the Leopardstown Pavilion. ****.com is hosting this event in association with the Racing Post and Leopardstown racecourse and all proceeds from the night will go to the Irish Motor Neuron Disease Association (IMNDA).
The star-studded preview panel on display at this event sets it apart from every other Cheltenham preview night, with the UK and Ireland’s top racing experts sharing their opinion and knowledge. The panel consists of Jonathan Mullin, Willie Mullins, Tom Segal, Anthony Bromley, Davy Russell and Paudie Hassett. In addition, this is the only panel on which Willie Mullins will sit in Ireland which means attendees on the night can expect exclusive insights from the Mullins’ yard. Also, more sporting legends such as Jimmy Magee, RTE’s famous sports caster, known as the ‘Memory Man’ is confirmed to appear during the night.

There is an expected attendance of over 600 people on the night. Tickets are available for purchase on www.leopardstown.com and will be left out for collection on the night. Tickets are also available in selected **** shops; Suffolk St. / Camden St. / Parnell St. / Blackrock / Shankill / Bray / Crumlin / Dundrum / Kimmage / Greystones. Pre-booking is advised but tickets will be available on the night on a first-come first-served basis.

For anyone who cannot make it on the night but would like to contribute, donations can still be made by visiting www.imnda.ie

Pat Keogh, CEO of Leopardstown Racecourse said: - “We are thrilled to be involved in this fantastic event. The panel for Wednesday’s preview night is exceptional and promises to provide ample information and tips ahead of the highly anticipated Cheltenham Festival. We are especially pleased that all proceeds will be going to a very special cause, the Irish Motor Neuron Disease Association. I would like to thank ****.com and the Racing Post for organising what will be a wonderful and informative night’s entertainment.”
Report ChildOfMine2 March 7, 2012 4:54 PM GMT
The Cheltenham Preview, in aid of Temple Street Children's Hospital, is now online....
http://kildare.tv/cheltenham-preview-2012/
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 7, 2012 5:29 PM GMT
3 tonite - Wed.7th.March.2012.

Co.LAOIS, Heritage Hotel, Portlaoise. 8pm.
All proceeds going towards Autism Laois/Offaly.
Panel Pat Nolan MC, Robbie McNamara, Andrew Leigh, Andrew Lynch, Martin Murphy (HRI), Darragh Fitzpatrick, Justin O'Hanlon & Paddy Poor rep.
DUBLIN 18, The Pavillion, Leopardstown Racecourse.
In aid of Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association.
Jonathan Mullin, Willie Mullins, Tom Segal, Anthony Bromley and Paudie Hassett.
€20 incl. €10 bet, copy of the Racing Posts Cheltenham Guide, Copy of the Racing Post on arrival & the following days on departure, entry into a VIP draw for Cheltenham & entry to Spoilsports.com Day at the Punchestown Festival (24th April).
Co.KILDARE. Glen Royal Hotel, Maynooth.
Dessie Hughes, Jim McGrath, Andrew Lynch, Gordon Elliot, Tony O'Heir, Noel O'Brien, Damien McElroy, Nina Carberry.
Tickets: €20 with €20 free bet.
Report soapp March 8, 2012 6:20 PM GMT
The big one tonight. McKennas Harolds Cross Bridge.

Ar an rothar shortly. Cool

Thur.8th.March.2012.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co.KILDARE, Bridgewater Inn, Sallins. 8pm.
All proceeds going towards Sallins Primary School.
Panel Pat Nolan MC, Robbie McNamara, Andrew Leigh, Andrew Lynch, Martin Murphy (HRI), Brian Flanagan, Darragh Fitzpatrick, Justin O'Hanlon & Paddy Poor rep.
DUBLIN 6, Francis Mckenna’s Pub, Harold’s Cross Bridge. 8pm.
In Aid of the Irish Motor Neuron Disease Association.
”COVERING THE HANDICAPS”. Panel yet to be finalised but usually include Patrick Mullins, Roger Loughran, Andrew Lynch, Ado McGuinness, Ryan McElligott (Irish Field) and other SPECIAL GUESTS !
DUBLIN 2. Café en Seine, Dawson Street. 6.30pm.
Panel Denis Kirwan MC, Barry Geraghty, Donn McClean, Gary O’Brien, Dave Keena and Kevin O’Ryan.
Free entry, complimentary food served, all welcome. Sponsored by Bet daq.
Co.WICKLOW, Mac’s Lounge, Powerscourt Arms Country House, Enniskerry Village.
Matt Chapman (MC) Panel of top jockeys and trainers incl. Graham Bradley & David Casey
Free €25 ‘matching bet’ on the night with Star Spreads.
Report Distant View March 13, 2012 8:07 AM GMT
Distant View     27 Feb 12 13:43 
That was the basis of my question mincer. The Fly will be 1/1 on the day and might b a bit better than that, but Big Bucks will go to 8/11 at best I would say, despite the fact that he has been taken on each year.

ChildOfMine2     27 Feb 12 17:06 
Theres not a hope of HF being 1/1 on the day. The bookie aint PP either tonight!

Happens every year as bookmakers clamour for business and the on course market always holds up.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 20, 2012 12:37 AM GMT
"A total and utter waste of time attending one of these" Laugh

SEE YOU ALL IN 2013 Devil
Report CheltenhamRoar January 19, 2015 8:57 PM GMT
Nearly that time of year again...
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 4, 2015 9:46 PM GMT
GARDA Long Shadow  • February 4, 2015 9:44 PM GMT 

Cheltenham Preview Night
Date:   Wednesday, 4th March 2015
Venue: Westmanstown Sports & Conference Centre, Westmanstown, Dublin 15
Panel:   Ruby Walsh, Davy Russell, Bryan Cooper, Jonathan Mullin (MC) Racing Post’s Paul Kealy, Paddy Power, A N Other
Rafle:   Top Prizes, (including a Trip for two to the 2015 Cheltenham Gold Cup)
Proceeds: In aid of Brother Kevin Crowley’s, Bowe Street, Day Care Centre for Homeless People
Tickets: €20 each, which includes a€10 (Match) free bet.
Call: Westmanstown Sports & Conference Centre on (01) 8207888.
Free Fingerfood
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 6, 2015 11:15 AM GMT
Gobbie  06 Feb 15 09:52

Dublin Racing Club Cheltenham Preview night will take place in the Alexander Hotel on Thursday 26th Feb.
Kick off at 7.30pm. Doors from 6.30pm.

Panel of Robbie Power, Robbie McNamara, Nick Watts, David Jennings and Andrew Moore
Tickets €10 with a €5 free bet courtesy of Paddy Power. Tickets will also be available on the door. All proceeds go to the Irish Injured Jockeys Fund.
Superb raffle on the night with first prize a 5% share in a mare out of a half sister to Best Mate, courtesy of Supreme Horse Racing.
Special odds on select horses will be available on the night. Free finger food.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 7, 2015 4:28 PM GMT
Here's on for the locals...

The 2015 JUMPING PROSPECTS PREVIEW EVENING will take place on Monday March 2nd @7.45.
VENUE:  THE OLD RAILWAY CLUB, MELLING ROAD, AINTREE, LIVERPOOL, L9 0LQ
PANEL: JOHN MORRIS, CHARLIE LONGSDON, BEN PAULING, JOHN PARROTT, ANDY HOLDING, Hosted by DARREN OWEN.
ENTRY: £10 on the night.
Ladcrokes have once again agreed to provide a £5 betting voucher while stocks last. SO be early!!
There will also be a Charity Raffle with a donation being made to Alder Hey Children’s Hospital.
Fabulous prizes once again kindly donated by Bookmakers & various racecourses.
Raffle prize so far kindly donated.
Ladcrokes World Hurdle 2 Badges to Cheltenham (Thursday), Betting vouchers  with Bet fredie, Racecourse badges at Carlisle, Haydock, Newbury,
I’m currently working on other racecourses and bookmakers to agree to contribute to the prize list.
Telephone: 0151 520 0080 for any further details.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 7, 2015 4:28 PM GMT
*one
Report Long Shadow February 9, 2015 12:00 AM GMT
Venue & Date :Westmanstown Sports & Conference Centre, Wednesday, 4th March 2015

Panel:   Ruby Walsh, Davy Russell, Bryan Cooper, Jonathan Mullin (MC) Racing Post’s Paul Kealy, Paddy Power, and Noel O'Brien (Irish H/per)

Rafle:   Top Prizes, (including a Trip for two to the 2015 Cheltenham Gold Cup)

Tickets: In association with Racing Post & Paddypower.com are €20 each, which includes a €10 (Match) free bet and Free Finger Food
         and Racing Post Cheltenham 2015 Publication

Proceeds: In aid of Brother Kevin Crowley’s, Bowe Street, Day Care Centre for Homeless People

Call: Westmanstown Sports & Conference Centre on (01) 8207888
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 13, 2015 12:23 PM GMT
“***The Murty McMahon’s one*** is on every day...great spot for the 4 days of Cheltenham.
Bookie next door...and the free food unequalled during the day” - Kavvie. Tongue Out
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 13, 2015 1:08 PM GMT
Catch Me ifyoucan  • March 20, 2012 12:37 AM GMT 
"A total and utter waste of time attending one of these" Laugh

For a bit of craic......ANY of usual ones CONFIRMED SO FAR in February ???????

------------------------------------FEBRUARY-----------------------------
Sat.21st. NAVAN, Walterstown GFC, 8.30pm. €20. (In assoc. with Spoilsports).

Sun.22nd. DUNGARVAN, The Park Hotel. (In aid of Lismore GAA)

Tues.24th. CASTLEBLAYNEY, Glencarn Hotel, 7.30pm. €Wont be the same without Oliver ! (In Aid of Shabra Charity).

Thurs.26th. Dublin Racing Club Cheltenham, Alexander Hotel, Doors 6.30 for 7.30pm. Panel of Robbie Power, Robbie McNamara, Nick Watts, David Jennings and Andrew Moore. Tickets €10 with a €5 free bet courtesy of Paddy Poor. Tickets will also be available on the door. All proceeds to the Irish Injured Jockeys Fund.
Superb raffle on the night with first prize a 5% share in a mare out of a half sister to Best Mate, courtesy of Supreme Horse Racing.
Special odds on select horses will be available on the night. Free finger food. Thanks to O’Callaghan Hotels, PP and Supreme Racing for supporting the night.

Thurs.26th. SWORDS, Kettles Hotel, Rolestown. 8.30pm. €20. Robbie Power, Gary O'Brien, Gordon Elliott & Will Lattimore (Attheraces).(Crumlin Childrens Hospital & Fingal Ravens GAA Juveniles).

Fri.27th. CO. MEATH, Donaghmore/Ashbourne GAA Club. €20. (In assoc. with Bambury Cookies).
Fri.27th. CO. WICKLOW, Redcross, Rua's Jones' Lounge. 8pm. (In Aid of Irish Horse Welfare Trust).

Sat 28th. LEOPARDSTOWN Racecourse (after racing in aid of Wexford GAA). Eye Mall Inn (EMI), Gary O'Brien, Matt Chap man, Davy Russell, Tony Mullins, Christian Williams, Kevin O'Ryan.
Sun.1st. March GOATSTOWN, The Goat. 7pm. Tom Cooper, Mark Winstanley & Paddy Power. (In Aid of Barnardos).
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 21, 2015 6:53 PM GMT
jonthehammer12  • February 21, 2015 11:13 AM GMT 

At The Goat Inn preview night with

Panel
Bryan Cooper
Katie Walsh
Jim Culloty
Kevin O'Ryan
Rob from Paddy Power.

Supreme
Bryan thinks TellUsMore would be suited by Supreme but can't be sure if runs in Supreme or Neptune. Got racing too early LTO.
Alpha Des Obeaux is very well thought of said Bryan, thought he had serious chance the last day and Ruby came doing half speed on Douvan.
Katie says Douvan is quite lazy and relaxed and that's what you need. Absolute moral, can't see him beat. Clear he's a machine.
Kevin says Henry DB said to him thought Sizing John was very good when beaten by Douvan. Post race said either were average or he's machine
Jim says L'ami worth a mention. Will improve for better ground and respected. Worry if Douvan misses any beat along the way.
Rob from Paddy Power saying Tuesday the 10th could be the worst day in the history of Paddy Power.
Willie not one to hype a horse and he finished his media day by saying Douvan is a machine - Rob

Neptune
Bryan says race tailor made for Outlander. Bumper form rock solid & good the last day. But impressed with Nichols Canyon too.
Bryan reports Robbie said if Windsor Park turned up in the Albert Bartlett that he'd win.
Bryan more excited to ride Tell Us More than Outlander. David Casey best judge in Willie's and couldn't believe was beaten LTO.
Katie says can't forget Shaneshill wherever he goes. She would have Shaneshill over Nichols Canyon any day of the week.
Katie saying Ruby has a lot of huge decisions to make with a bunch of magnificent novices, and that he will definitely be wrong with a few.
Ruby isn't lying when says he doesn't know who he'll ride in everything says Katie. Literally all depends on last piece of work.
Katie has ridden every novice of Willie's and the best horse of them all is Douvan.
Shaneshill is as tough as honours maths and great bet for the Neptune - Katie
Jim reckons at a the run race at Cheltenham Windsor Park can reverse form with Nichols Canyon, and the bet for him.

Albert Bartlett
Bryan says No More Heroes 'a bit special' '. Said there was no life in him the last day, knew going down was off.
Bryan will be sitting on NMH on Friday morning and will see how that goes and go from there. Barry G also reported that he was 'special'.
Bryan has respect for Black Hercules as he came second in the Champion Bumper. Apparently he's not up on bumper horse #Banter
Jim Says three mile hurdles are for slow horses that will go all day long. Martello Tower is the one that will relish it.
Katie says Black Hercules is a big beast of thing, will be much better over fences. Not as confident in him as Douvan etc. Fancies NMH.
Novice chases coming up. I'm sweating from typing fast and need a pint #Struggles

Arkle
Katie says UDS as free as the wind. Rider is never in control. He is a nervous horse and gets hot. Hard on himself.
However Katie says UDS has been to France twice and won twice so she isn't so worried about the Arkle.
He's just too fast' - Katie on UDS
Katie says if Vautour was to run she thinks he'd be second to Un de Sceaux. If UDS stands up he's a certainty and he will stand up.
Bryan vey surprised if Clarcam ran this weekend. Has forgiven him for breaking his leg now, electric over fences.
Bryan says if UDS falls which is a high possibility then Clarcam the one to be on. Thought would have won Fred Winter last year if not fall.
Bryan was comfortable behind UDS most the race LTO but when Ruby changes his hands he was just gone. 'He emptied me in two strides'
Jim explaining how he lost the novice hurdle on Best Mate. Was told to track the favourite but that jockey wanted to go backwards #Ssshh
EW bet for Jim is Josses Hill. Value bet but UDS has to fall for him to win.
Kevin keeps it simple - Josses won't get around, UDS wins #KevinKnows

RSA
Michael told Bryan he won't leave him sitting in the weighing room while Patrick has a nice ride in the four miler.
Katie - Don Poli is as much a certainty as Douvan. Thinks he will run in the RSA, won't get beat.
Bryan a future career in politics. Won't pick the one ride he's most excited by. (All think he's lying and its Don Poli)
Who wins when it comes to owner and trainer deciding targets? Asked to Bryan. Michael has made it clear to him he says, the owner.
Katie says the faster Coneygree goes, the further Don Poli beats him.

JLT
Jim talking to Nichols yesterday. Nichols says Ptit Zig has had his ulcer problems sorted out & Paul maintains that can make for a new horse
Bryan - Disappointed Valseur beaten the last day. Let Paul slip up the outside. Can reverse form next time out but Vautour hard beat.
Katie says Vautour was beat by the time he jumped out at Christmas. Never looked happy. Her fancy is the Tullow Tank at big prices.
Jim has not too many an opinion on these novice races. Not a keen form student, busy feeding Lord Windermere.

Triumph
Was worried if Petite would stay the last day but she did well. Tough fully and a good ride but Nicky a serious hand in it.
Bryan - None of the Triumph crop this year in the league of Our Conor. Could run it a few times and get a few different results.
Bryan said last years juveniles very average. Didn't think Tiger Roll would win last year & was poor bunch.
Katie reckons Kalkir lacking a gear. Fast pace will suit Peace & Co and one to beat. PP the most suited of Willie's for this year.

RyanAir
The Don ticks all the boxes. It was his own fault that he fell at the festival last year. Ground makes no difference.
There's no such thing as a good thing at Cheltenham but Don Cossack one of the best rides I have - Bryan
Katie - Cue Card is going absolutely nowhere. Don Cossack all the way.
Russell used to tell Jim The Don was only a big frame of a horse. Has filled into that frame now.

Champion Hurdle
Katie - 5/4 Faugheen is ridiculous. What has he beat? Absolutely nothing. Ridiculous price. Wide open race.
Katie doesn't like the New One. Not convinced on this years form, can't have him. Jezki great price at 6/1.
Hurricane without doubt appreciates it softer says Katie. Struggles at a certain point in races now and can't do that in Champion.
Buuuuuut if the heavens opened, her 100 euro would still be on Hurricane Fly. Unbelievable horse.
AP told Bryan at Christmas that he could have gone another furlong and a half at Christmas and he wouldn't have gone by Hurricane Fly.
Jim thinks Cheltenham will suit The New One far better than anything else. Kings Theatre need better ground.
Paddy Power have not laid a cent on Ruby to ride Hurricane Fly. Not a shilling. Will ride Faugheen.

Queen Mother Champion Chase
Lay of the meeting for KOR is Sprinter Sacre. Jim can't have him either. No room for emotion here.
Hidden Cyclone great EW bet for Kevin, didn't get home in the RyanAir last year, trotted over the last. Bryan concurs.
For me Sprinter Sacre looked like a f**king greyhound the last day' - Jim C

World Hurdle
Rock on Ruby the pick for both Jim & Katie in the WH, but all very tentative. Wide open race etc etc.
Before Dessie past away Bryan says thy always thought Lieutenant Colonel was one of the best they had had in a long time. Wouldn't get off.
Dedigout will not run at Cheltenham unless there is an absolute downpur.

Gold Cup
Lord Windermere has had no health issues this year which is contrasting to last year says Jim. In front too soon the last day.
Jim was confident he'd finish in the first four last year and that's how he feels again, first four. Obviously would love to win.
Jim says according to vets if you scope 100 horses, 90 of them will have ulcers. Ulcers excuse suspect re Silviniaco. Wants flat track.
Carlingford Lough is a massive improver says Jim. 'We probably all know why but we won't say why. They placed him well we'll say'
Lexus rode a far better race than the Hennessy to Cooper,
Road to Riches picked up again in the last 20 yards after going that quick the whole way. Hope for first three definitely - Bryan
Decision re Foxrock supplementation will not be made until the five day stage, changing every day says Katie.

Other Races
Bumper - Up for Review I think is the horse they all have to beat. Keeps going forever and you've got to stay.
Bryan says Eddie O'Leary has told him that Gigginstown will run one or maybe two in the bumper. Each one as impressive as the next.
Mares - Katie says Annie is great nick and won't come off the bridle.
Edeymi & Bishops Road the handicap guddens for Bryan #WrappingUp

For the record the Up for Review comment was from Katie, as you might have guessed.

Charity Bets
Bryan goes for Don Cossack.
Katie goes for Annie Power.
Jimbo picks Lord Windermere EW
Report kavvie February 21, 2015 7:12 PM GMT
the local radio lad was the best contributor in salthill lst year.he really knew his stuff.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 21, 2015 7:15 PM GMT
Thurs.26th FEB. Dublin Racing Club Cheltenham, Alexander Hotel, Doors 6.30 for 7.30pm.
Panel of Robbie Power, Robbie McNamara, Nick Watts, David Jennings and Andrew Moore. Tickets €10 with a €5 free bet courtesy of Paddy Poor. Tickets will also be available on the door. All proceeds to the Irish Injured Jockeys Fund.
Special odds on select horses will be available on the night. Free finger food. Thanks to O’Callaghan Hotels, PP and Supreme Racing for supporting the night.

Wed.4th MARCH. Westmanstown Sports & Conference Centre, (01) 8207888. TIME ?
Panel: Ruby Walsh, Davy Russell, Bryan Cooper, Jonathan Mullin (MC) Racing Post’s Paul Kealy, Paddy Power, and Noel O'Brien (Irish H/per)
Rafle: Top Prizes, (including a Trip for two to the 2015 Cheltenham Gold Cup)
Tickets: In association with Racing Post & Paddypower.com are €20 each, which includes a €10 (Match) free bet and Free Finger Food and Racing Post Cheltenham 2015 Publication. Proceeds: In aid of Brother Kevin Crowley’s, Bowe Street, Day Care Centre for Homeless People

Wed.4th MARCH. Gleesons, West Gate, Drogheda, Co. Louth. 8pm.
Will Rilly MC (Dundalk Stadium), Andew Lynch, Ger Fox, Tony Keenan, Peter Kingston (Kingbet).
Free €5 bet and Win a trip for 2 to Punchestown prize on the night.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 24, 2015 2:20 PM GMT
Mon.23rd. SWORDS, Kettles Hotel, Rolestown in association with the Irish Daily Star in aid of Pieta House.

FOUND THIS REPORT...via twitter
Panel Davy Russell, Andy McNamara, The Couch, Brian Flanagan.

Supreme
Our main man Brian Flanagan can’t see past Douvan in the Supreme, Davy notes that L'Ami Serge is a second season novice (Andy Mc told him so)
Andy Mc: Douvan hacked all over very good horses already this year. Reckons the favourite has a stone in hand
Andy: fact that Willie reckons Douvan is the best he's sent speaks volumes. Couch thinks the English are rubbish this year. Douvan a cert
Couch is firmly in the Alvisio Ville each way camp. Fast run two miles will suit
Paddy Power rep trying to put punters off Douvan because of knee action. Shot down by @_Davy_Russel_ (what do bookies know about action?)

Neptune
Couch reckons they're a weak bunch in Neptune. Parlour Games no chance. Nichols Canyon wants this trip and more. Great chance Triumph

Triumph Hurdle
We watch clips of Peace And Co, Hargam, Dicosimo & Petite Parisienne with Kalkir
Andy Mc reckons the Spring Juvenile form isn't as good as Dicosimo defeat of Prussian Eagle. P&C not for him at the prices. Chaser in making
Couch taking on Peace And Co. Nervy horse - thinks Hargam a flat track horse and much prefers Top Notch. Impressed by him at Haydock
Brian Flanagan reckons Beltor will hose in. Serious performance at Kempton in Adonis. Dicosimo a huge horse and more a chaser

Arkle
UDS an absolute certainty. Only danger is maybe knuckling on the downhill. Josses Hill no chance. Jumps like a goat
Davy agrees on UDS. can't see anything touching him. Couch agrees. Horse is exceptional. Stone wall certainty. Everyone agrees rest are crap
Brian Flanagan is interested in Sgt Reckless each way but UDS bar a fall. Unusual prep but has gears

RSA
Davy actually can't have Don Poli. Rode him in a maiden and thought he'd never win a race. Coneygree for him. They’re mad to go Gold Cup
Andy Mc: Agree 100% with Davy Russell. Coneygree is a magnificent jumper. Brian Flanagan fancies The Young Master to run a big race
Brian: Don Poli was v impressive at Christmas but concerned over split
Davy: I will run up Swords Main Street with my pants over my head if Willie gets his way over Michael O'Leary
Couch can only see one winner. Don Poli. Proper animal. Best form and will grind it out. He's told Coneygree will run in GC. Leg problems

JLT
Couch unsure on Vautour. Thinks Apache Stronghold cracking value. Goes back to the Don Poli form. Thinks he's another good one
Andy Mc: Apache was impressive in Flogas but thinks that Valseur Lido could possibly reverse. Vautour jumping good at Navan and Leop good
Davy: Couch has a point on Vautour, questions Valseur Lido stamina. No hiding place at Cheltenham. If Vautour jumps he wins
Brian: Vautour funny horse. If comes up good Gods Own could run well. Still a novice and has beaten Balder Succes already. Big price

Ryanair
Davy: Don Cossack and Johns Spirit. The Don is now the horse we always thought he'd be and Johns loves Cheltenham
Andy Mc: Cue Card can't be written off. Hidden Cyclone may go to this and last time was a good run. In good form. Leaning towards this
Brian really likes Balder Succes but can't rule out either of Jonjo's
Couch has had one of his biggest bets of the week in Ryanair. Can't have Balder Succes. All over Ma Filleule. Massive on her. Gettin 7lbs
He does make an excellent argument for the mare

Champion Chase
Andy most worried about Sprinter's burst after Clarence House. But if he runs to mark he wins. Simples
Champagne Fever could run well and Mr Mole too quirky. Sire looked good last time but three very quick runs in succession a worry
Davy big on Dodging Bullets. Do not back SS because of the bleed. He can win without u having a bet. Don't touch a bleeder. Dodging to beat
Couch agrees with Davy on Dodging Bullets. SS the best we've seen and SDG won a bad renewal last year. But DB is solid. Won the trials
Couch: they just don't come back to the same level. Him and Andy goin at it now. Andy thinks if SS bursts he loses and DB can't win
Brian: what was Paul Nicholls last winner over fences at festival? Kauto!!! Poor champion if Dodging wins. Champagne Fever for Brian

Bumper
Davy discussing Weld Bumper horses. Vigil is a good one. Form strong but Wait For Me from Philip Hobbs is best of English. Was with P Fenton
Davy: Pylonthepressure is by Darcy. No good. Bordini by Martaline. Much better.
Davy would ride Hurricane Fly if he had any other ride. Andy Mc would take Faugheen. Couch would be on a 'f***ing big orse!' Queue laughter
Davy: only one man in Ireland who can take on Willie and that's Gordon Elliott. Bumper become a bookies' benefit.
Question for Andy, Mallowney run at Festival? Davy worried he's getting jocked off. Confirms he stays at home. Davy also sweet on Archive

Champion Hurdle
Davy fancies The Fly over Faugheen. Worried about the favourite's jumping at Champion Hurdle pace. Soft = Fly!
Andy loved Faugheen since his bumper defeat of Josses Hill. Ruby hasn't a sentimental bone in his body and will ride Faugheen
Couch: no fairytale in this. Sorry Fly fans. Faugheen a stone wall certainty. No reason for Fly to win at this age.
Brian Flanagan: don't mind the fact that Arctic Fire was close. That can happen at Leop. If there's 8 runners Jezki is cracking ew value
Davy's CH tip is also Jezki. @paddypower have only seen money for Faugheen all winter.

World Hurdle
Couch would love to see Sandra Hughes win the World Hurdle but Saphir Du Rheu can't be out of the front three. 5/1 cracking value
Couch: Zarkandar a non-stayer, More Of That won't run, Annie Power too. Andy thinks 25/1 Reve De Sivola is excellent each way value
Davy will ride Jetson but finds it hard to get away from Lieutenant Colonel. Really improving this year. Gigg horses improve with age
Brian: Briar Hill might be a bit of a dark horse at about 20-1.

Gold Cup
Davy reliving last year's win. He comes alive at Chelt. RSA and then last year. We tried forcing tactics in Hennessy but will wait
Davy: Lord is a good horse I promise you. Was in front way too early in Lexus but will be much better in March. Sun on his back and held up
Davy: Silviniaco Conti is supposed to be improved but he'll need to be. RTR and Carlingford showing that Galway Plate form ain't bad
Davy: RTR always had ulcer problems but sorted now. Djakadam has too find huge improvement. May need to be very testing for him. Lot to find
Davy: Ruby sweet on Djakadam but needs to improve a lot. Bobs Worth loves Cheltenham but Nicky having poor season. But if they're firing...
Davy: wouldn't swap LW for anything in good ground but on soft ground I'd ride Many Clouds
Andy: Carlingford finishes his races do well that he has to come into it. Many Clouds amazing jumper but needs soft. Silviniaco one to beat
Andy: king George form is excellent. A year stronger
Couch: Many Clouds will be lapped on good ground. Djakadam form not working out. Maybe next year. Silvi has the best form on offer.
Couch: on fast ground Lord Windermere is a huge price. Carlingford too many mistakes. RTR won't stay
Brian: would be amazed if Carlingford is good enough. RTR won't stay. Thyestes form poor. Silvi would've won that by 20 off top weight
Brian: GC a massive stamina test as Sam Winner could potentially be a big price. But Silvi for me. Best form and will be ridden differently

Charity bets
Brian: 50 Silviniaco GC and 25ew savello
Andy: 50 ew Tutenkamen in cross country
Couch: 100 win Ma Filleule Ryanair
Couch: Mick Jazz Fred Winter + Brother Brian Pertemps
Davy: Nap: 25 ew Johns Spirit + 25ew Theophilus
Dave Coughlan: Lord Windermere 100.
Report Racingqueen February 24, 2015 7:30 PM GMT
cheers cmiyc Happy hope they put it up on youtube
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 28, 2015 5:58 PM GMT
Thurs.26th FEB. Dublin Racing Club Cheltenham, Alexander Hotel.

Panel of
Robbie Power,
Robbie McNamara,
Nick Watts,
David Jennings
Andrew Moore.
Here we go. Supreme first up!
Nick Watts likes Douvan but doesn't like his price.
Robbie Power thinks Douvan is a chaser and likes Qewy.
Robbie MacNamara very interested in Alviso Ville
David Jennings can't see him being good enough. At the prices he thinks L'Ami Serge is the bet with Paddy Power.
Andrew Moore says Shaneshill is the forgotten horse. Nick Watts agrees.

Robbie Power starts Arkle chat as only Jockey to beat Un De Sceaux "Un De Sceaux is frightening".
RM says biggest certainty of the meeting and Clarcam certainty to come 2nd.
NW sticks up for Vibrato Valtat. Much prefers him to Josses Hill
NW is going to try and persuade people to back The New One now.
DJ thinks Faugheen has potential to be better than The Fly. By far the likeliest winner. Wait for a good price on the day!
NW states case that TNO was unlucky last year and has won 14/19 races.
AM doesn't see Faugheen drifting. Maybe specials in morning.
RM rows in behind Faugheen.
RP saying Jezki will beat The Fly. 5/1 a great price.
RP asked about McCoy or Gerraghty. Says Gerraghty has never had to ride Jezki against The Fly around Leopardstown.
Faugheen wins lads.

On to the Neptune.
DJ is a massive fan of Windsor Park. If he can settle early he is the class horse in the race.
RM agrees. Needs to be ridden prominently.
RP saying Nicholls is value.
SC and NW say he could have big chance in Supreme.
NW is also massive Windsor Park fan.
RM saying if ground good WP could go AB.
AM encourages you to back a horse you fancy in this. Might not be a lot of runners.
AM sees no improvement in DB. Plenty of improvement in big two. Can't have Champagne Fever. Goes in behind Sprinter!
NW and DJ big fans of Simply Ned.
DJ thinks Hidden Cyclone goes Queen Mother.

Onto the JLT now.
RP says three very good horses. On Vautour's side. Just made novice mistake at leop. Step up will suit.
NW has always been a big Apache fan. Thinks Vautour has question marks. Not much between AS and VL but hopes AS can do it.
DJ can see AP jumping better than last day. Thinks it two horse race between Vautour and Apache.
RM goes AS as well. AM a lone voice for Valseur Lido.

Back in for the world.
RP says Jetson could place. Monksland the bet. Jetson great bet @ 25/1. Powers only 10/1!!
DJ saying Zarjander needs to be delivered late. If there is cut he'd be an absolute certainty. But still wins on good! Terrible race.
NW is also a Zarkander fan and agrees that it is a bad world hurdle. Gives a shout out to Briar Hill back on good ground.
RM doesn't fully endorse Zarkander but struggles to see what beats him. Doesn't fancy Irish Contingent.
It seems Zarkander is an absolute certainty.

On to the triumph now.
RM doesn't think Peace and Co will stay. Likes Pettite Parisienne.
RP really likes Hargam.
DJ very confident Kalkir will reverse form.
DJ really liked P&Co the last day. Would be very surprised if he doesn't beat Hargam. Kalkir E/W.
AM says P&Co will be bigger on day.
Split vote between Value at Risk and No More Heroes for the AB.
AM saying one of races of festival for value.

Gold Cup now.
RM thinks Road to Riches should be fav. Has everything.
NW is sticking with Holywell. Slates PP's price.
DJ thinks Silvi is a worthy favourite. Djakadam could go off a lot shorter.
RP rode in the the Thyestes and thinks Djakadam is value.
AM thinks Sam Winner is a huge price.

Handicaps.
DJ The Druids Nephew & Mick Jazz for the fred winter. Thinks he is much better than his mark.
NW saying Any Curency will win & e/w bet to nothing and whoever AP rides in Grand Annual.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 28, 2015 6:15 PM GMT
Anyone at

Donaghmore Ashbourne

OR the Maryland GAA Club in The Gap House, Moate last night
(Panel: Sean Boyce MC, Tony Mullins, Johnny all in Ward, Kevin Blake, Andy Mc)
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 5, 2015 8:10 PM GMT
Paddy Poor went 7/4 Faugheen last night in Westmanstown.....any report ?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 5, 2015 8:17 PM GMT
Westmanstown Charity bets...

Ruby reckons Silvianaco Conti is the one to beat
Paul Kealy tips up RTR to skip past Conti up the hill. Ruby says Conti is the likely winner immediately.

Bryan goes €125 e/w Very Wood
Ruby goes €125 e/w Vautour Black Hercules No More Heroes treble
Davy Russell's lucky 15 bet. Pretty sure it was Ruby's treble plus Windsor Park.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 5, 2015 8:19 PM GMT
Foxrock supplemented for the Ryanair. You'd think Ted could have mentioned last night!

The almighty pre-Deloitte gamble has now gone out the window officially, with Alvisio Ville being taken out of the Neptune. Supreme bound.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 5, 2015 8:22 PM GMT
Cafe en Seine preview tonite ?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 5, 2015 8:37 PM GMT
Barry Geraghty,
Jessica Harrington,
Donn McClean,
Dave Keena,
Greg Walker Purple site

BG: 'Douvan is rightly favourite but maybe a little too short. L'Ami Serge is a very, very good horse'
DM: 'If you're going to back Douvan, he's probably going to drift on the day'
BG: 'Nichols Canyon is easily opposable in the Neptune. Parlour Games would be the one id fear most'
BG: 'No More Heroes in the Albert Bartlett is for me, the one to beat'
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 5, 2015 8:38 PM GMT
JH: 'No More Heroes and Martello Tower would be the two I'd fancy in the Albert Bartlett'
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 5, 2015 8:38 PM GMT
BG: 'Hargam has a chance, the better the ground the better he'll be but I'd lean to Peace and Co in the Triumph'
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 5, 2015 8:39 PM GMT
JH: 'the Triumph Hurdle tends to be a race that throws up outsiders'

GOB: 'If Dicosimo has R.Walsh down to ride him on Thursday he'll justifiably come in from 14s to about 7/1'
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 5, 2015 8:45 PM GMT
BG: 'Un De Sceaux could burn himself out early if he's not careful. It's a long time to keep the lid on him'
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 5, 2015 9:04 PM GMT
BG: 'I haven't seen the piece of magic from Don Poli to think he's something special. If he wasn't a Mullins it might be different'

JH: 'Coneygree is a terrific price. Don Poli is workmanlike. I like BG's Young Master but Coneygree the one for me'

DML: 'Kings Palace could be really vulnerable and potentially a smart lay for RSA'

DK on Ptit Zig: 'You couldn't have a a horse coming into Cheltenham after a fall. He's a lay. Valseur Lido is bet of the festival'
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 5, 2015 9:30 PM GMT
DK: 'Valseur Lido, 8/1 get stuck in'
Full house in here on Valseur Lido to win the JLT

BG: 'Sprinter had an irregular heartbeat and hadn't been right Oct, Nov, Dec'
BG: 'I schooled Sprinter two weeks ago and he was electric. Looks like the horse of two years ago. Can't say anymore than that'
JH: 'If Sprinter is 80% the horse he was, he'll win it'
DK: 'Look Barry has proven his honesty over the last few days and if he says Sprinter is back to himself, that's good enough for me'

DK: 'Hidden Cyclone is massively overpriced'
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 5, 2015 9:35 PM GMT
GW: 'Balder Success has no chance in my opinion, that's a lay' in Ryanair Chase
Report SoYouThink March 5, 2015 9:42 PM GMT
Thanks for the updates CMIYC.

What is Ruby Walsh at putting at treble on Vautour, No More Heroes and Black Hercules. Surely the second two will both end up in the same race?

I read elsewhere Davy Russell put his charity bet on Bolger's horse in the Triumph when it wasn't even entered !!
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 5, 2015 9:48 PM GMT
What nuggets did Keen Leader mention in Francis McKenna ?
Report Pre-Fat-Low-Fat-Foods March 5, 2015 10:12 PM GMT
"Dynaste is a better horse right now," Noel O'Brien.

With a Handicapper as sharp as this, it's no wonder the Irish Handicapping system is beyond reproach.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 5, 2015 10:19 PM GMT
Was he in Harold's Cross too ?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 5, 2015 10:20 PM GMT
BG: 'Whisper is worth a few quid each way in an open race' World Hurdle
BG: 'Rock on Ruby for me, he's the horse, he's the one to beat'
DK: 'the top of the market in World Hurdle don't stand out for me. The horse for me, like Barry is Rock on Ruby'
Report Pre-Fat-Low-Fat-Foods March 5, 2015 10:22 PM GMT
http://www.independent.ie/sport/horse-racing/cheltenham/live-blog-irish-inde...
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 5, 2015 10:22 PM GMT
Rock on Ruby across the board here is heavily fancied for World Hurdle currently 8/1
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 5, 2015 10:25 PM GMT
TA PRE FAT
Join Cormac Byrne from 7.30pm for live coverage of the Irish Independent Cheltenham preview night featuring Davy Russell, Noel Meade, National Hunt handicapper Noel O'Brien, Davy Condon, Richard Forristal and Mark Davoren from Paddy Power.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 5, 2015 10:26 PM GMT
The Ryanair now and Davy Condon reckons Don Cossack is in great form and is more of a mature horse this year.
"I wouldn't be concerned about going left-handed," Davy Russell on Don Cossack. "He's the horse they all have to beat."
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 5, 2015 10:27 PM GMT
JH: 'Jezki is a spring horse, struggles under soft ground but a little firmer and he's a real threat. What has Faugheen beaten?'
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 5, 2015 10:28 PM GMT
BG on Faugheen: 'apart from visually being impressive, he hasn't had to beat a whole lot'
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 5, 2015 10:42 PM GMT
Davy Russell: "Ideyme is eyecatching. Another horse is the Gamechanger. He'll go into the County. He'll be on the bridle at the back of the second last."
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 5, 2015 10:43 PM GMT
Now to discuss the Queen Mother and the Ryanair.
Talking Champagne Fever. "I'm not a fan of the horse. I met Barry Geraghty and he couldn't talk up Sprinter Sacre enough," Davy Condon.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 5, 2015 10:53 PM GMT
Davy Russell: "I'd be looking at Sire de Grugy."
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 5, 2015 11:20 PM GMT
BG on Gold Cup: 'Djakadam ticks a lot of boxes but Silvianco Conti is deserved favourite. Djakadam the dark horse for me'
JH: 'on bare form Silvianco Conti he ticks all the boxes but he's fallen. I'm very keen on Road to Riches, a fresh horse, likes good ground'

JH: 'everyone is discounting the reigning champ Lord Windermere. Although it's a much better field this year'
DML: 'Djakadam and Road to Riches are the improvers, maybe  the only two that can improve this Gold Cup'
DML on Silvianco Conti: 'To have a favourite who's 3/1 for a Gold Cup on a suspect track, I think he's a poor favourite'
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 5, 2015 11:33 PM GMT
Gold cup predictions.

Condon: Road To Riches
Noel Meade: Road To Riches
Davy Russell: Lord Windermere.

"I hope Noel wins it because we'll be drinking in Meath for three months after it," Davy Condon.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 5, 2015 11:36 PM GMT
Charity bets

Mark Davoren: Holywell €100 @ 8/1
Noel O'Brien: Peace And Co @ 4/1
Davy Russell did a long price lucky 15
Noel Meade: Douvan €100
Davy Condon: Don Poli €100
Richard Forristal: €50 on Bryan Cooper at 10/1. Top jockey.
€50 Valseur Lido.

Sorry we couldn't get all your questions in. Thanks so much for joining us. We'll be live blogging all four days next week. Do tune in. Till next time, goodbye.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/horse-racing/cheltenham/live-blog-irish-independent-cheltenham-preview-night-31043990.html

Ta again PRE FAT

Just await KL's nuggets from McKenna's Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 14, 2016 1:30 PM GMT
Anyone know what our own KEEN LEADER tips are for this week ? Best of Luck.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 1, 2017 6:39 PM GMT
DUBLIN 6, Francis Mckenna’s Pub, Harold’s Cross Bridge....WHEN IS THIS ON ?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 1, 2017 6:49 PM GMT
Cheltenham 2017 Preview Night: Exclusive Festival insight and offers

On Wednesday March 1, Betfair will be hosting a Cheltenham 2017 preview evening featuring a number of racing heavyweights including Paul Nicholls, Gordon Elliott, Kevin Blake and Gary O'Brien - all the details on how to watch the live stream here...

https://betting.betfair.com/horse-racing/cheltenham/betfair-cheltenham-preview-night-2017-030217-272.html

STARTS IN 40 Mins Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 28, 2018 3:28 PM GMT
FFS, GET THE FINGER OUT Keen Leader Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 28, 2018 3:28 PM GMT
Tongue Out
Report huddys February 25, 2019 10:00 PM GMT
Good Cheltenham preview night tomorrow night in the Salmon Leap in Leixlip 26th Feb starting at 8pm. The line up - top jockey Danny Mullens, Sandy Shaw Senior Irish handicapper, Declan Meagher one of Ireland's top professional gamblers, Brendan Duke Jnr son of trainer Brendan Duke Snr. MC for the night is Johnny Ward, leading journalist and horseracing expert. Tickets 20 euro. All proceeds go to Leap On Your Bike Foundation
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 25, 2019 10:40 PM GMT
TUES 26th Feb 8pm SALMON LEAP in LEIXLIP - for local charity.... ah Dekie and callitasucit aka snookerpunter (aka da brother) Devil
Report pa lapsy February 26, 2019 4:49 PM GMT
People are entitled to their anonymity, poor form above and the post should be removed.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 27, 2019 10:42 PM GMT
"People are entitled to their anonymity" AGREED, But.....

By Catch Me ifyoucan on 18 Feb 15 15:09
CALLITASUCIT = SNOOKERPUNTER (taking to himself)..... Snookerpunter • February 15, 2015 7:10 PM GMT I do luck in here from time too time rarly post as have develope dislexia but thought i woud now. I seen other post from ngu and he seems a sort of
By Catch Me ifyoucan on 6 Mar 15 00:00
callitasucit = snookerpunter (one and the same)

By never give up on 6 Mar 15 00:02
Catch Me ifyoucan • March 6, 2015 12:00 AM GMTcallitasucit = snookerpunter (one and the same) i know......used 2 accounts to slag of downs syndrome

pa lapsy • March 25, 2015 11:55 PM GMT
The spur of the moment thing was meant in what NGU was talking about ie Snookerpunter / Callit, nothing whatsoever to do with anything else.

By callitasucit on 6 Jun 15 10:40
Anybody who is any way clued in to this forum knows he goes under the names snookerpunter, callitasucit and Magic MD. Sums up your intelligence levels really!! Stating as fact, something which clearly isn't......I be worried about your perception ski
By callitasucit on 5 Nov 15 00:07
Since I had a laugh one night using the Snookerpunter account, I have never attempted to suggest it wasn't me Pre Fat.So what are the MULTIPLE usernames Pre Fat, other than what I have said?? If you can tell me one, and prove it, I will double the la

By insideinfo on 8 Dec 15 21:47
the wasp/snap/calit/mincemeat/snookerpunter are all the same sad angry excuse for a human being.quite sad when you think about it,the lengths this clown goes to to talk to himself

By Pre-Fat-Low-Fat-Foods on 10 Jan 16 15:02
Just pick 1 username - Callitasucit, Snookerpunter, SnapCrackle and Pop or The Wasp.You've been shown up repeatedly, so why do you continue it? Do you like looking like a fukking mor)n or something?I mean, who the fukk congratulates themself on an in
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 18, 2020 1:56 PM GMT
Catch Me ifyoucan • March 20, 2012 12:37 AM GMT "A total and utter waste of time attending one of these" For a bit of craic.

ON YOUR BIKE Foundation to the (((((SALMON LEAP INN))))) Tuesday 25th Feb

PANEL: Gordon, Eddie O'Leary Jonny Ward (Eye Mall Inn) Jockey Oakley Brown Meagher (callitasucit, Snookerpunter) & Beandan Duke.
Congratulations to Gordon on winning Meath Sports Person of the Year last night.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 16, 2020 3:07 PM GMT
Any more ?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com