Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
BJG
11 Nov 09 14:31
| Topic/replies: 29,810 | Blogger: BJG's blog
R Kearney (Leinster); T Bowe (Ospreys), B O'Driscoll (capt) (Leinster), P Wallace (Ulster), L Fitzgerald (Leinster); R O'Gara (Munster), T O'Leary (Munster);

C Healy (Leinster), J Flannery (Munster), J Hayes (Munster); D O'Callaghan (Munster), P O'Connell (Munster); S Ferris (Ulster), D Wallace (Munster), J Heaslip (Leinster).

Replacements: S Cronin (Connacht), T Court (Ulster), L Cullen (Leinster), D Leamy (Munster), E Reddan (Leinster), J Sexton (Leinster), K Earls (Munster).

Ireland (8/11) Draw (22) Australia (11/10)

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 85
By:
BJG
When: 11 Nov 09 14:53
Strong lookin team- ROG on form doesnt deserve to start but as expected does! Needs a performance with Sexton waiting in the wings.
Paddy Wallace a surprise starter at inside centre too - Earls/D'arcy prob have nt done enough to be there- would have been lookin at bringin Fitz to the centre and playin Earls on the wing?
Overall though looks a very strong team, Cian Healy eventually gets a proper chance in the front row! Well deserved chance too imo- was hopin Ire would be 10/11 ish but still look a bettin proposition imo, would expect them to win by 5-10
By:
Brasco
When: 11 Nov 09 15:04
Think Ireland are just about a bet at that price. Australia having recent games under their belts is the main worry.
By:
punkha1
When: 11 Nov 09 15:47
Will there be any tickets floating around on the day?
By:
the jolly
When: 11 Nov 09 16:14
will be tons of tickets on the day - particularly with the weather forecast. I was offered from 2 different sources already and its only Wed.
Conservative selection from Decco, but presume he wants to get one over the Aussies as they are in our WC group. Surprised Leamy on bench as has been off the pace this year - surely O'Brien is the future. ROG needs a big game and hope Sexton is given some game time either way. If Ireland had a game already under their belts and less questions about ROG form, anything close to evens would be a massive play. As it is, still prob a bit of value. Oz flattered a bit last Sat. Must be the worst England team since the days of Dusty Hare. Arg V Eng unders is the bet of the weekend - particularly if the weather is as poor as forecast.
By:
ricky butcher
When: 11 Nov 09 16:53
Australia are a very average team but it's our first Test, how can anyone have a bet at evens.
By:
macrocky
When: 11 Nov 09 17:42
Jolly if u are offered tickets for any future irish games keep me in mind, i will take a couple .
I have a good ticket for sunday halfway line, personally im unsure if this is the strongest possible irish team but playing at home and the weather forecast aint great, the aussies wont relish it if we get stuck into them
By:
LeinsterBeliever
When: 11 Nov 09 17:45
It is our first game however the players play with each other all the time and have spent time in camps. This is a very settled side and they have no excuses to beat a team who may be fitter but have been changing their line-up all season.
By:
shaggykev
When: 11 Nov 09 17:51
LB but Munster and Leinster have been a bit hit and miss so far this season-mostly miss

I can see an Australian side with backs to the walls get a result here

ROG to have a nightmare- Aussies by 1-10
By:
rule4 will apply
When: 11 Nov 09 18:32
can't see how paddy wallace is any addition to the team.
By:
Hemingway
When: 11 Nov 09 18:37
think ireland are a great lay at 1.8ish.
By:
macrocky
When: 11 Nov 09 20:01
1.8 i didnt realise that was the betting , i thought we would be 6/4 ish after oz winning last weekend--1.8 is a lay for the impartial, i dont bet against ireland rugby, loyalty in me
By:
closure
When: 11 Nov 09 20:15
Game is nowhere near sold out.
I thouight Australia would be favourites TBH particularly with the foul weather
By:
hatama
When: 11 Nov 09 20:18
I dont see how you can say Leinster are hit or miss this season.

They lost one game against a good LI team and two games in the ML when playing their reserves. They had some impressive performances in between.
By:
punkha1
When: 11 Nov 09 20:23
Ticketmaster & the likes aren't selling tickets so wheres the best place to get some?
Ireland look a short price to me against a battle hardened Aussie side.I would have the Aussies slight favs maybe around 1.8 ish.
By:
badger's back
When: 11 Nov 09 23:46
how anyone could possibly back ireland with paddy wallace in the team is beyond me.
thread carefully
By:
grade 1
When: 12 Nov 09 05:52
ROG's form is brutal and T'OL hasnt been flying either. At the prices auusies are the bet.
By:
itcanbedone
When: 12 Nov 09 09:21
I agree. Backing Ireland at 8/11 against a battle hardened SH team, especially given the form of our 10, is brave in the extreme.
By:
the jolly
When: 12 Nov 09 09:37
cant believe the pessimism on here. ROG form has question marks granted. Otherwise it is a very solid looking lineup. Paddy Wallace is a decent player on his day - made a name for himself in the centre and one of Irelands best players on SH tour 2 years ago. has been playing v.well this year and deserves to be in ahead of Darcy. Has a better pass than any other option at 12 and therefore more likely to put BOD away. Also has a kicking game and with the current forecast, that will be important on Sun. This Irish team has 10 players who played test rugby for the Lions and another 2 (Flannery and Ferris) who would have been shoe-ins only for injury. Ireland are unbeaten in 2009. Coming up against an Oz side who have lost 6 of last 8 and flattered last Sat against a weakened and very poor Eng outfit. We have a coach who is 9 from 10, Grand slam, Magners, Heino, Churchill cup champions - Irish rugby never been so good and if we cant beat the weakest by far of the SH teams at home, then I would be v. disappointed and a good bit poorer.
By:
jaguar1
When: 12 Nov 09 22:43
Just been readin reviews of game on rugby mag online and irishsportsnews.com. When u look at the team, surely Ireland have to win it. They are at full strength and the Aussies without Mortlock - don't even recognise a good deal of the team - if weathers bad will that not suit Ireland - we hammered them in the rain a few years ago!
By:
GANT007
When: 13 Nov 09 10:43
Australia +2.5@4/5 looks good in a mudbath given the weather forecast for the weekend.
By:
TheMust
When: 13 Nov 09 14:12
Surely a mud bath would suit the Irish more?
By:
GANT007
When: 13 Nov 09 18:34
My own view is that it would slow Ireland down and the game would be low scoring.
By:
BJG
When: 14 Nov 09 23:33
Have backed Ire at 4/5, think they should do the business

Have had a bit on Will Genia Anytime Tryscorer too @ 7s, good player imo

Wats the weather like up there? Unders lookin tempting too mayb?
By:
shaggykev
When: 15 Nov 09 14:00
was going to back the aussies to nick this one on account off irish rustyness and australia being battle hardened

but england have let the form down again with a shocker yesterday against argentina and nz werent exactly too hot against italy either

so i wont have to be a negative punter and can cheer the boys on

have a dabble on tommy bowe for first try for the craic

good luck all
By:
Kelly
When: 15 Nov 09 14:04
Hope Paddy Wallace has a decent game . Unfortunately cant say that with much confidence , but here's hoping .
By:
BJG
When: 15 Nov 09 14:06
Wat a shambles of a start ffs :(
By:
shaggykev
When: 15 Nov 09 14:08
should of had the bet

:(
By:
rule4 will apply
When: 15 Nov 09 14:44
whats wrong with the cameraman? shockkin camera angles
By:
BJG
When: 15 Nov 09 15:17
You have anythin on Anytime scorer kev??
By:
grade 1
When: 15 Nov 09 15:18
brillant from healy
By:
BJG
When: 15 Nov 09 15:18
13-13 58'
By:
Chester J Lampwick
When: 15 Nov 09 15:19
stuck a few bob on the draw
By:
shaggykev
When: 15 Nov 09 15:23
nah just stuck a fiver on bowe first try

rocky elsom-who else

try
By:
BJG
:( ffs

great try elsom
By:
Chester J Lampwick
Mmm Kearney get low
By:
BJG
When: 15 Nov 09 15:25
13-20

62'
By:
BJG
When: 15 Nov 09 15:26
Surely sexton should be on by now, give him a chance!
By:
Chester J Lampwick
When: 15 Nov 09 15:26
Ire 5/1 looks a lay
By:
Chester J Lampwick
When: 15 Nov 09 15:31
great play bt BOD there to steal it back
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page