Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tobywong.
14 Nov 09 20:57
| Topic/replies: 2,127 | Blogger: tobywong.'s blog
trap useless imho
Pause Switch to Standard View Absolute muck.
Show More
Report Vubiant November 14, 2009 8:58 PM GMT
Can't get blood out of a turnip imo.
Don't know what people expect from an extremely limited and mediocre collection of players.
Report spudnik November 14, 2009 9:01 PM GMT
very limited players in fairness - fired the kitchen sink in the first half nothing, the french goal was coming in the second half, 2 or 3 nil to france in Paris IMHO
Report tobywong. November 14, 2009 9:02 PM GMT
very tongue in cheek vubiant , but trap lack of changes and the changes he made baffle me , i reckon diarra asked andrews did he really play in the second half .
Report Diamond_Joe_Quimby November 14, 2009 9:03 PM GMT
You cannot give away possession to a team of athletic prowess like France and expect anything from the game.

To constantly chase a team with the pace and power of the likes of them is a waste of time.
Report Dan Chipowski November 14, 2009 9:10 PM GMT
We played ok first half, second half we were poor, gave it away time and time again. Still thought we may have deserved a draw.

How that useless plank KIlbane is still playing for us i'll never know.
Report jack07 November 14, 2009 9:14 PM GMT
agree dan about kilbane. we have to have a reality check with the players we have. Great achievement imo to get as far as we have and its not over yet!!
Report Gwanyaboyya!! November 14, 2009 9:27 PM GMT
Our players give a lot but they just aren't up to the standard required. I'm genuinely stunned by the opposition to Trapatoni because this situation was with us a long time before he showed up. Our players have been mediocre for a long time. If France decide to teach us a lesson in Paris then I think they'll destroy us quite easily.
Report The Icchantika November 14, 2009 9:39 PM GMT
Personally I think that France are rubbish and if they get to the World cup it wouldn't surprise me if they did not win a game. We are desperate though. Very limited. Trap a superb manager.
Report Viking 1 November 14, 2009 9:40 PM GMT
Trapatoni has always used the same tactics. Even with Salzburg when he lost the title by not being more attack minded. Can't see how a manager can change this and prepare to win in Paris!
Report Kriskin November 14, 2009 9:41 PM GMT
ttt
Report Stevie28 November 14, 2009 10:01 PM GMT
Personally I think that France are rubbish

What does that make us? Not one of our players would get anywhere near their team, not even Given imo.
Report Stevie28 November 14, 2009 10:02 PM GMT
Ok get near is harsh, a few might.
Report Diamond_Joe_Quimby November 14, 2009 10:04 PM GMT
no you were right first time steve none of ours would get in their squad except given
Report Stevie28 November 14, 2009 10:20 PM GMT
Yeah agreed.

Was very surprised by the amount of optimism for this game since the draw was made. Seemed like lots of people thought Domenech would somehow single handedly put it on a plate for us, naive and wishful thinking.

We've only beaten Cyprus and Georgia in competitive football under Trappatoni, the funny thing is he's probably still doing a good job with those players.
Report kincsem November 14, 2009 10:37 PM GMT
We are able to give Italy and France a game. Trapatonni has done a good job. We can still qualify.
Report TheMust November 14, 2009 11:04 PM GMT
Trap is a great manager. How bad are the current Irish team?

Surley the worst since the Eoin Hand era. Reid X2 would have made little or know difference.

WTF do you expect its a miracle that we got this far.
Report Dan Chipowski November 14, 2009 11:22 PM GMT
I agree with a lot of the above, certainly couldn't argue with Trapatoni overall, bringing Best on was a shocker though imo, anytime he took a touch it went 5 yards away from him and he gave the ball away twice within 3 mins of coming on.
Report The Icchantika November 14, 2009 11:27 PM GMT
Some bad players. However, Dunne and Given would make the French team. Abidal is a useless centre half and Gallas has been finished for 2 years. Duff and Keane would be thereabouts too.
Report anfeild November 14, 2009 11:36 PM GMT
When the french have a 50m player on the bench i think trap has done a good job. In saying that i taught we where to negative. Its over no chance. At one nil chasing i cant see us having any chance.
Report max powers121 November 15, 2009 1:19 AM GMT
the french are useless, we are medicore at best, trap is a legend for getting us this far. Andrews/Whelan has to be one of the weakest centre midfield pairings in europe.
Report Steveirll November 15, 2009 1:29 AM GMT
WHY DONT YOU GUYS TRY BEING THERE IN CROKE PARK INSTEAD OF BEING PLASTIC PADDIES ON HERE !!! MUPPETS
Report Dan Chipowski November 15, 2009 1:56 AM GMT
^ What an absolute moron you are. I suppose the only real irish fans were in the stadium tonight eh?

Have another drink you simpleton.
Report The Icchantika November 15, 2009 1:59 AM GMT
In the stadium or out of the country.
Report MALAY November 15, 2009 8:02 AM GMT
Ireland had a few decent chances, battled hard, lost to total fluke goal,and Given had little to do. There is a thin line between success and failure.
Report norekk November 15, 2009 9:05 AM GMT
It has to be said that the draw wasn't exactly kind to Ireland. The team who stopped them qualifying automatically are the World Champions. (Are Ireland the only team in the world to go through the qualifying phase unbeaten and not qualify?) Then, given a second chance, we are faced with the team who finished runner-up last time. Admittedly there are also other sides in the European section (Spain, England, Netherlands etc) who would have been much too strong for Ireland. But it can hardly be said that Trap was lucky.
Report ricky butcher November 15, 2009 3:55 PM GMT
It's a sold out game Steveirl you specimen.

We played in the second half like we were hanging on for a 1-0 win, hopeless, you can't just keep lumping it up the field back to them. We needed McGeady on 15 minutes earlier to carry the ball up the field. Every side is vulnerable to a counter attack.
Report adriandc November 15, 2009 4:03 PM GMT
MALAY 15 Nov 09:02
Ireland had a few decent chances, battled hard, lost to total fluke goal,and Given had little to do. There is a thin line between success and failure.

Agreed, Trap got more out of the players than anyone else would have. Im gutted but not annoyed at the Irish performance, granted a few bad passes but considering the kind of players they were up against they did very well.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com