Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
The Naked Man
31 Oct 09 19:16
Joined:
Date Joined: 08 Sep 03
| Topic/replies: 293 | Blogger: The Naked Man's blog
whats the prospects of racing does anyone know please?
forecast looks dodgy tonight..
Show More
Loading...
Report workrider October 31, 2009 6:25 PM GMT
they were saying at naas today it might be off .
Report limestone lad October 31, 2009 6:26 PM GMT
I would be inclined to think it will go ahead lovely day here today and warm
Report The Padster October 31, 2009 7:45 PM GMT
Rang the Course on Friday night and they told me no water on track and were confident of racing.More showers in Mallow today but not as bad as earlier in week.
Report The Padster October 31, 2009 9:31 PM GMT
Slashing rain in Cork now with poor forecast for Sat night/Sun morning with fresher conditions spreading from South from 9.30 am onwards.
Report Newmanix October 31, 2009 11:05 PM GMT
Catch me???
Report limestone lad November 1, 2009 6:07 AM GMT
ome rain here last night will be surprised now if meeting goes ahead
Report The Padster November 1, 2009 6:21 AM GMT
Cancelled, Just rang track,30mm of rain last night
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 2, 2009 2:35 PM GMT
Cork and Leopardstown consider rescheduling

A decision on the possible re-scheduling of the Leopardstown and Cork meetings, which were cancelled due to waterlogging on Sunday, is expected to be made on Monday.

Leopardstown was forced to cancel the final turf meeting of the Irish Flat season after 23 millimetres of rain from midnight on Saturday left parts of the track under water.

"We got so much rain in a short time that there was nowhere for it to go and the track was under water in several places," said Tom Burke, manager of Leopardstown, on Sunday.

"We are considering what possibilities there might be for re-scheduling the meeting, but nothing has been decided and we should know more about the situation tomorrow."

It was a similar story at Cork where the track failed a 7.30am inspection following heavy rain overnight and called off its Paddy Power-sponsored Cork Grand National card.











Mr Manix....Thanks NAVAN for me (but not sure 'bout the Grand National) ]:) ;)
Report donegal publican November 2, 2009 3:46 PM GMT
now on 16th nov.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 2, 2009 4:04 PM GMT
Donegal,

as I said Thanks Navan for me ;)
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 2, 2009 4:10 PM GMT
soapp 02 Nov 17:06 Beat you to it Catch!!

check post at 15.35......hehehe
Report soapp November 2, 2009 4:18 PM GMT
Catch I had the NEW dates!!
Report BJG November 12, 2009 10:02 PM GMT
CORK has called an inspection on Sunday at 7.30am ahead of the Grand National meeting scheduled for the same day.

The inspection has been called due to the adverse weather conditions in Ireland, withthe meeting already having been rescheduled from it's original date of November 1.

On Thursday the going on the chase course was described as heavy, while it is soft, heavy in places on the hurdles and bumper course.
Report The Padster November 14, 2009 9:21 AM GMT
Official line is Cork are optimistic for racing tomorrow but there is an inspection at 7.30 am tomorrow, results which will be put up on website, www.corkracecourse.ie
Report macrocky November 14, 2009 12:50 PM GMT
lovely day today now, bit of drying , no rain since 6am
Report The Padster November 15, 2009 7:08 AM GMT
Good news, full card on today and I'm on my way!!
Report Giant Strides November 15, 2009 10:52 AM GMT
Very quiet on here today considering how good the racing is!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com