Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Eye Mall Inn
31 Oct 09 10:14
| Topic/replies: 397 | Blogger: Eye Mall Inn's blog
How far does he win by ?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 51
By:
Allduckornodinner
When: 31 Oct 09 10:36
Really smart moves by the sharp minds on here falling over themselves to back him last nite and ruin any chance of getting 6's on him as meades was the likely favourite
By:
Eye Mall Inn
When: 31 Oct 09 10:57
Yeah all duck, to be fair I never expected 6s regardless but it's a shame that such small amounts of money here the night before can make such a difference.
By:
timberman
When: 31 Oct 09 11:03
sure i critised a certain p mustard for backing a bumper horse at evens the night before cork there lately and all other posters seem to praise the night before man matching 5o euro and marking all the odds compilers cards...
By:
Allduckornodinner
When: 31 Oct 09 11:08
Well we would have definately got the full e/w price any EMI. I know the whole country must have spotted him the last day but you would think they would hold tough until the morning considering this is the first place oddscompilers look every day. He could drift on course if they come for meades but he isnt value at 3/1 even though he is the most likely winner for me by a fair margin.
By:
Doyler1987
When: 31 Oct 09 11:08
Same thing happened last night with Prima Vista, theyve had their €4 on good luck to them their happy, anyone wanting upwards of €100 is hung drawn and quartered though, put it in the market and you'll be undercut too.
By:
Allduckornodinner
When: 31 Oct 09 11:14
Well I must confess to trying to get on at 2's last night on prima vista but thats a bit different because I was only chancing my arm as he looked to be an even money shot. Needless to say I didnt get on anyway. Backing horses overnight in 25 runner handicaps fairly blows the cover though.
By:
Doyler1987
When: 31 Oct 09 11:25
I tried the 3 too for a brief moment :D until it was undercut seconds later.

I'm almost full sure its a bot in the mornings that undercuts, I spent half the summer playing with it, I'd put up €200 at 50 on a no hoper in maidens for example, seconds later €4 would appear at 48, I'd then lay that and take down the €200 at 50, I did it with around 4 horses in every race, every time the horse would be trading at bigger odds come 5 minutes to the off (it was the 230/1 etc type of horses I was laying), if I did it at 28 same craic €4 would appear at 25. Wasnt something you'd make money off, I was just doing it because your man was so annoying hopefully the bot would end up losing matching boggus prices. It stopped after a while with the big prices, but I havent tried to do it in months.
By:
Eye Mall Inn
When: 31 Oct 09 11:28
I'd still back him at 3s to be honest duck.
By:
Frank The Tank
When: 31 Oct 09 11:32
He will need to settle better than last day if he is to last home in that ground emi, but that back to 2 miles should be in his favour. Should be hard to keep out of the 3.
By:
Prospero
When: 31 Oct 09 11:35
There was no way Prima Vista was ever going to be anywhere near 2/1 given the much he's running against.
By:
CailiniDeas8
When: 31 Oct 09 11:42
Any word for Lismakeery in the beginners chase?
By:
shaggykev
When: 31 Oct 09 12:55
money coming for arabella beaufort now

16s into 11/2
could be a dud gamble though
By:
CailiniDeas8
When: 31 Oct 09 13:12
Carberry left a lot to do there.

Curley quite loquacious on ATR.
By:
Barry Sterling
When: 31 Oct 09 13:13
Carberry didn't ride it.
By:
CailiniDeas8
When: 31 Oct 09 13:13
No it was Mullins wasn't it.
By:
sinndar001
When: 31 Oct 09 13:19
Even Paul wouldn't have given him that much to do.
By:
CailiniDeas8
When: 31 Oct 09 13:20
Chapman still thinks it was him after barry confirmed that it wasnt. Very poor. Barry should be on Racing Live imo.
By:
Eye Mall Inn
When: 31 Oct 09 13:26
Carberry'll get a hell of a lot of undue**ging there.
By:
mcd
When: 31 Oct 09 13:32
Can never understand why these jockey changes are given out half-heartedly through the various media vehicles.

You'd be lucky to get 50% of jockey changes on irishracing.com. ATR miss half of them also when there isn't an on-course presence.
By:
BJG
When: 31 Oct 09 13:44
Failed a breath test :|
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 31 Oct 09 13:58
pass me that lighter :p
By:
Eye Mall Inn
When: 31 Oct 09 13:59
He'd still have won the first
By:
cuyahoga
When: 31 Oct 09 14:09
Look at the horses pedigree and look at his previous race over hurdles. He was riding it to get the trip. Yes, he perhaps overdid it, but he wasn't exactly closing hand over fist at the line, was he? Back him at a speedier 2m next time.
By:
mcd
When: 31 Oct 09 14:11
Shane Jackson on Early Doors. No mention of Davy Russell being stood down.
By:
Eye Mall Inn
When: 31 Oct 09 14:51
morons booing Geraghty at Wetherby. You'd swear they never made a mistake.
By:
The Optician
When: 31 Oct 09 15:06
they are hardly going to give him a round of applause for taking the wrong course on the well backed fav tho are they?
By:
Eye Mall Inn
When: 31 Oct 09 15:11
They shouldn't do either.
By:
Distant View
When: 31 Oct 09 15:30
Did Geraghty get a suspension?

I assume he did?
By:
dasium
When: 31 Oct 09 15:32
12days... deserved... silly mistake...but we all make them...and have to stomache the medicine.... starts paddy power day too I think
By:
Eye Mall Inn
When: 31 Oct 09 15:33
12 days.
By:
The Optician
When: 31 Oct 09 15:40
Barry not happy:

BARRY GERAGHTY will miss the Paddy Power Gold Cup and the Greatwood HandicapHurdle at Cheltenham's Open meeting after incurring a 12-day ban for steering 9-4 favourite My Petra the wrong way when leading fortunate winner Santia.

Travelling well at the head of affairs, My Petra stuck close to the inside rail around the final bend and did not return to the hurdles track, cuttinginside a rail she should have gone around.

Geraghty, still stuck on 999 in his quest for 1,000 winners in Britain and Ireland, quickly pulled last year's winner up, but was banned for 12 days from November 14 to 25 inclusive, ruling him out of the final two days of Cheltenham's prestigious Open meeting.

Booed as he returned the paddock, Barry Geraghty said: "I walked the track earlier on and I was well aware of it but I turned the corner and the sun was in my eyes, I was concentrating on the horses coming around me and waiting to see what was coming at me.

"Choc [Robert Thornton] said he nearly followed me, Johnny Farrelly likewise.

"Twelve days is harsh, as to lose a race like that live on Channel 4 is punishment in itself."

Paddy Power announced they would refund all bets on the Nicky Henderson-trained six-year-old.

Santia's defeat of the Paul Gilligan-trainer Lady Hillingdon gave Robert Thornton a double as the jockey had won earlier on Skylancer.
By:
Distant View
When: 31 Oct 09 15:40
This race will take plenty of getting and he pulls quite hard.
Will try and get a cheap in running lay on him.
If he wins, c'est la vie.
By:
Distant View
When: 31 Oct 09 15:52
Settling a little better.
I am binning the lay project.
By:
Eye Mall Inn
When: 31 Oct 09 15:55
ouch
By:
Distant View
When: 31 Oct 09 15:56
Dreadful conditions eye mall.
I wanted to lay him at 1.5 so would have done no business anyway.
By:
Distant View
When: 31 Oct 09 15:56
Dreadful conditions eye mall.
I wanted to lay him at 1.5 so would have done no business anyway.
By:
Eye Mall Inn
When: 31 Oct 09 15:57
yeah I was very worried about the ground as the day went on.
By:
mitch leary
When: 31 Oct 09 16:06
ye got a bit overexcited about that bedford row.
By:
Eye Mall Inn
When: 31 Oct 09 16:26
take a bow Michael O'Hare.
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo