Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Win only - Sp only
06 Nov 09 22:34
| Topic/replies: 4,965 | Blogger: Win only - Sp only's blog
dont get me wrong, the bad old days when you had more chance of hills laying a bet- than getting a taxi were a nightmare.

now however its gone full circle, they are like lions trying to catch the prey, more taxis than punters and some dont even have a clue where big landmarks are.

surely the dishing out of plates like confetti should end, silly state of affairs
Show More
Report Cupwinkcook November 6, 2009 10:41 PM GMT
I agree.

Gotta admit, I hate giving the hoors money.
Live on a nightlink route and you get home nearly as quick.

kids have put paid to nights out anyway
Report Dan Chipowski November 6, 2009 10:42 PM GMT
Having to listen to the moaning is the worst part.
Report Win only - Sp only November 6, 2009 10:43 PM GMT
i actually now feel sorry for some of the 'old school' drivers, that at least know the city. they all have a bad name now, due to a rake of new guessers. pal of mine asked to go to oconnell street and the fellow bunged it on the sat nav - i kid u not
Report Cupwinkcook November 6, 2009 10:43 PM GMT
like they think they have a god given right to make a fortune
Report Win only - Sp only November 6, 2009 10:43 PM GMT
Dan Chipowski 06 Nov 23:42

Having to listen to the moaning is the worst part.

thats true mind!!!!
Report downallstar November 6, 2009 10:44 PM GMT
Be funny if he got the wrong O'Connell st. :^0
Report Win only - Sp only November 6, 2009 10:45 PM GMT
i though a test had to be passed first, seems some must blag it!!!!
Report Win only - Sp only November 6, 2009 10:46 PM GMT
thought even. spelling test for me!!
Report ballaman68 November 6, 2009 11:37 PM GMT
surely the dishing out of plates like confetti should end, silly state of affairs

surely the silly buying or entering a market that is saturated should end.

supply and demand will sort the problem eventually, as it does most other business ventures.
Report frauking November 7, 2009 12:12 PM GMT
was told recently by a taxi-driver(non-national) that he didnt do fares less than 10 euro in Dublin.
Report David Poole's Chip Collection November 7, 2009 12:18 PM GMT
The best thing about getting a taxi in Dublin now is that if you get an Irish lad, you can get him to unleash some tales of wrath about the foreigners now taking their business.

These tales all begin with "well I'm not racist at all, but". In fairness got a great lad the other week who had a couple of gems about his multi-national colleagues. My favourite was he was just heading back to the airport following a run to Tallaght, and pulled up at a set of lights. At the lights beside him was another taxi, with the passenger having a map opened and looking at it, while the driver was punching his Sat Nav. My driver caught their attention rolled down the window to ask him did he need a hand, the British guy in the passenger seat said they were looking for Bewleys Leopardstown! The Irish lad told him to get out, as the other driver obviously didn't have a clue, but the other driver refused to let your man get his case out of the boot, unless he was paid. Much shouting and arguing ensued until finally the Polish driver let the British passenger get his case and get in the other taxi without payment.

He had about four or five stories of the like all of which kept me greatly amused for the journey. He got a decent tip.
Report damfine November 7, 2009 3:31 PM GMT
pedicabs far better fun
Report damfine November 7, 2009 11:13 PM GMT
and u can smoke in them
Report Win only - Sp only November 7, 2009 11:34 PM GMT
bit slow if you have a distance to go mind!!
Report ricky butcher November 8, 2009 1:19 AM GMT
Fu ck 'em. To this day it's still a licence to print money if you know what you're doing. I couldn't care less about their livelihoods.
Report ericthered7 November 10, 2009 11:04 AM GMT
The prize for the most brainless comment goes to;
" Fu ck 'em. To this day it's still a licence to print money if you know what you're doing. I couldn't care less about their livelihoods."
Obviously if its a licence to print money then there is no problem with their livelyhoods so you dont need to worry your little brain worrying about them!
Report ricky butcher November 10, 2009 5:17 PM GMT
Do you know what the word "if" means...you clown.
Report soapp November 10, 2009 5:33 PM GMT
On Q102 big discussion on now.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com