Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
SlippyBlue
04 May 24 19:48
| Topic/replies: 36,809 | Blogger: SlippyBlue's blog
I've been asked by family and friends to let people on here who may have known Nick working on course trading as "David Patrick" , his sons names, know that he sadly passed away last Monday with wife and family by his side.

Nick worked most of his life in the betting industry, having betting shops and in more recent times, at racecourses and dog tracks.

Nick was also a founder Director of the United Council of racecourse bookmakers.

R.I.P.
Pause Switch to Standard View Nick Daisley ( David Patrick...
Show More
Report STUDYFORM May 7, 2024 1:24 PM BST
I don't look at or use this forum these days, but this is a special reason.

Having worked with Nick at many courses all over the country, including at the National, the Derby, Royal Ascot, Cheltenham Festivals, Goodwood and at the other end of the spectrum at Wolverhampton on a Wednesday night when it wa minus 5 and only 2 books standing, and many others, I can say what a lovely bloke he was and a pleasure to work and be mates with.

I've been meaning to call and have a catch-up for a couple of years and now I wish I had.

My thoughts and best wishes for his family, Nick will be missed by everyone who knew him. That will surely include most of the bookmaking world, whose interests he was instrumental in looking after.

RIP Nick Daisley
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com