|
By:
Give me my £20 back!
|
|
By:
Still a couple of days very good racing, assuming Sunday's OK
|
|
By:
Lingfield ground in mid January...unraceable, who'd have thought it
![]() |
|
By:
It's the frost not waterlogging that caused the abandonment. They put in some additional drainage over the past few months which has improved the going considerably.
|
|
By:
if they've got frost under the covers, plus the forecast has changed for the worse, Sunday must be in a bit of doubt too.
|
|
By:
I would think Sunday is a major doubt
|
|
By:
seems the jumps track took fcast of warming up before weekend at face value and did the bare minimum regards frost covers earlier in week
arkright at haddock says he,d like to race, good of him isnt it |
|
By:
I have Racingtv VIP tickets for Haydock on Sat, this alone should mean it's off!
![]() |
|
By:
With meetings already called off this week ,and more to follow,I would hope that the bha would be looking at the possibility of switching at least one of these jump fixtures to monday as the weather is forecast to get milder from saturday.
Especially as in the middle of the nh season there are only three aw fixtures set to take place this coming monday. |
|
By:
Might be short notice but a good idea. They could do with adding one jump meeting every day from Monday until Feb 1. It is due to dry up and get a bit warmer so should be decent jumping ground next week.
|
|
By:
The BHA appear to grant extra fixtures with ease but when it comes to rescheduling an existing fixture it is a big no no.
Saturday night Lingfield is forecast for -1 so Sunday must be very doubtful especially with a 12.00 start. The forecast is for positive temperatures Sunday and Monday so as Masterpapa suggests Monday is a no brainer. Doubt the inflexible BHA will see it this way. |
|
By:
Re. Haydock, some big insight here, clerk of the course Kirkland Tellwright said: “In the best case scenario with the forecasts we will be able to race but in the worst case we would fail.
|
|
By:
What would we do without Kirkland?
In light of the weekend racing uncertainty, additional afternoon all-weather fixtures have been added at Southwell on Saturday and Newcastle on Sunday. |
|
By:
In Ireland rescheduling a whole meeting is commonplace but can't remember the last time it happened here so a total no no again here I think..BHA get flexible !!
|
|
By:
It would be helpful if the BHA made a clear statement of policy on this. If they are putting on more AW meetings-when we are seeing 6 race cards this week and smaller fields, they are clearly able to do it for jumps if they want to. I suppose they need a course to be willing to put one on and preparing a grass track takes a lot more work than AW tracks who could race every day if they wished. There must be hundreds of NH horses ready to run and the weather forecast for the rest of Feb after Sunday is good.
|
|
By:
Winter time !
|
|
By:
inspection for ascot on saturday ,4pm today
|
|
By:
Its Winter, and our winters will probably get colder in years to come.
|
|
By:
Isleham
My guess the last time the whole fixture was transferred (6 days) was Newbury tote gold trophy day after the electronic problems in the parade ring. |
|
By:
My guess isleham regarding transferred of whole fixture would be Newbury after the electric shocks.
|
|
By:
No idea what happened there the first post wasn’t there at first
|
|
By:
Ascot no chance…
|
|
By:
Can only see Taunton as a possible for the rest of the week.
|
|
By:
Manchester Airport closed earlier so little chance for Haydock and from here in Surrey can't believe Ascot has a cat in hells chance
|
|
By:
Ascot 1.01 not to go ahead
|
|
By:
heard talk that if Lingfield jumps were lost they would reschedule to another Arc track, Doncaster has a big meeting coming up, so more likely Chepstow or even Uttoxeter.
|
|
By:
Most courses now deploy covers during these cold spells but it always seems to still freeze underneath ie Ascot so the whole performance seems a total waste of effort and perhaps the ground would thaw quicker in the day without the covers
|
|
By:
Cheltenham's frost covers worked brilliantly for the Friday of the December meeting. It was ludicrously cold at the track that afternoon, yet racing went ahead.
They couldn't get them down in time to save the mMssey Ferguson on the Saturday, but there's no denying they did their job on the Friday. |
|
By:
different types of cover, some that were shown the other week were nothing more than paper thin plastic.
|
|
By:
Ascot Frozen
|
|
By:
Lingfield Sunday still very doubtful and no trains either weekend day.
|
|
By:
Lingfield now forecast -3 from earlier -1 Saturday night. No chance Sunday
|
|
By:
Could they not transfer haydock to Monday, there is only ffos las scheduled over the sticks and 3 AW meetings (why I don't know,well I do actually it's to keep the bookies happy) warmer temperatures coming in the weekend so they should have no problem for Monday.
|
|
By:
Looks promising for haydock on Saturday but we have been here before haven't we
|
|
By:
Taunton looks v doubtful now as well.
|
|
By:
TAUNTON OFF.
|
|
By:
Taunton did not cover the track, strange decision considering this is probably their biggest meeting of the year.
i wonder what fun and games await us at Haydock in the morning. |
|
By:
how the fooking can you have one NH race meeting left on sat and its fit to race on fri with temps expected only to drop for 0 to- 2 at worst,surely its not beyond the wit of man,bha ,etc to cover the track 3 times on fri if they need to
i smell multiple rats away with dreary auld kirkyboy |
|
By:
this meeting is doomed to failure in the future. Spill a pint on that track and they can't race for fortnight. To say nothing of frost. Middle of January allocating that prize £ to 2 days of NH racing? Plain daft. I appreciate the effort but it will happen very frequently over the years I regret. Better spent elsewhere imho. Hate myself for saying this, but if you ploughed the 3 days £ into 1 AW meeting on , say, 2nd Saturday in January you may get a decent class of horse appearing b4 the Meydan Carnival.
|