Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pandora1963
04 Jan 22 00:32
| Topic/replies: 23,048 | Blogger: pandora1963's blog
when you consider the viewing figures, the popularity and the sheer quality of the game of snooker urinates all over darts, i find it odd that darts gets so much media attention but snooker gets virtually none
Pause Switch to Standard View darts seems to get more media...
Show More
Report dustybin January 4, 2022 9:30 AM GMT
Both 5hite
The idea that anyone cares which single person can pot the most balls or hit the little bits on a board with a dart from a distance always amused me.
It has the passing curious factor, bit like watching a person juggle, but it soon passes.
I don’t believe anyone can feel a connection with the individual sportsman out for their own profit.
Snooker was just a parlour game invented to slow the rate of getting p1ssed
And as I looked in on the darts lastnight I saw the supposed 2 best at chucking darts take 28 arrows to take out 501, and an audience ‘singing’ the same songs I’d heard years ago.
Report s.kenbo January 4, 2022 9:40 AM GMT
You were obviously watching darts from the very first set last night then, Dusty!

Every professional sportsman is out to line their own pocket. The more we watch, the more they earn.
Report dustybin January 4, 2022 9:46 AM GMT
Yes I turned it on to see who was in the final and see whether I cared.
Then after about 10mins turned it off
I don’t know those players anyway, and looking at the whole tournament knew about 3 of em.
The audience singing the same rubbish over and over again…
Report sparrow January 4, 2022 9:55 AM GMT
They should have kept darts in the pub where it belongs.
Nothing wrong with snooker though.
Report s.kenbo January 4, 2022 9:57 AM GMT
I think the fascination with these sports/games is that the spectator appreciates how difficult the game actually is.

The football chants are pretty repetitive. Most clubs churn out the same three or four chants every game, every season!
Report Latalomne January 4, 2022 11:02 AM GMT
I imagine the difference is mainly due to the polar-opposite atmospheres within the audiences.  Darts *seems* to be more exciting and is therefore an easier sell.
Report Blackrock January 4, 2022 11:08 AM GMT
Snooker is a highly skilled game played in front of a respectful audience. Darts is played in front of an audience who wouldn't be there if drink wasn't sold.
Report layingisthewayforward January 4, 2022 9:06 PM GMT
Both highly skilled sports. Fans of those sports probably find them much more entertaining than watching some horses race around a field.
Report The Management January 5, 2022 11:08 AM GMT
Both proper sports and along with golf, probably the toughest tests ever invented for hand-eye co-ordination.

Obviously there are games/sports where hand-eye co-ordination is not required - but if you aren't pretty good at one of those three, then (in my eyes) you are not a sportsman.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com