Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
26 Jun 21 21:01
| Topic/replies: 31,798 | Blogger: workrider's blog
After waiting nearly 16 months I and a 1,000 others finally reentered the H.Q. of Irish racing . What awaited us I hear you ask , well for a start we entered near the furlong post .
A longish q was formed while we were given our race cards and our tickets and I.D. checked . After another 100 yards we were zapped for our temps then believe it or not we were asked to produce our I.D. again , so whats the point in that I hear you ask , well everyone asked the same question . We were made wear a wrist band for what reason i know not.
Finally we were allowed enter to be greeted with a package from Paddy .  Plenty of staff to be seen but when I asked where we would be exiting nobody had a clue . That's the end of the silly goings on, oh no it wasn't on my way out and in the open spaces 50 yards from the exit I took off my mask only for one of the staff to run after me and tell me i must put it back on , I'm 50 yards from the exit in open space talk about extreme .
On the up side of things , there was plenty of space and it was well utilised . Bars were a little slow in serving but overall that was to be expected . Food was reasonable and fairly priced .
The seating was good and well spaced . The viewing is superb .
I even enjoyed the singing of The Curragh Of Kildare .
The racing was of a high standard and the Brits took far more money home than we bargained for. The winner of the Derby was fully deserved .
Finally after a poor run of seconds I backed the winner of the last to small money on the Tote . A 12/1  winner paying only 8.90 on the nanny .
Still one has to be grateful for small mercies .Overall a pleasant day, and just great to be back racing...
Pause Switch to Standard View Curragh Today..
Show More
Report SeeMoreBusiness June 26, 2021 9:18 PM BST
glad you are back Workrider. I sympathise with your irritation. Not long t go here until we can dispense with the absurd over-cautious rules and, hopefully, you'll get there soon as well. I've had a good few days at the big one's = Epsom and Ascot . But the best 2 have been lovely days at Salisbury and July Course on Thursday.I hope you can get back to the "ordinary" meetings soon as I am sure you will enjoy them more. Good luck
Report workrider June 26, 2021 10:20 PM BST
Thanks Seemorebusiness , us racing people feel the passion , maybe the Curragh staff were a little over the top today but on reflection maybe they were told to be, otherwise they might have come up short .
Report slickster June 26, 2021 10:50 PM BST
You are meant to have long covid you dummy. Shouldn't be allowed out. Probably spreading the disease all over the curragh. Now get into bed and stay there for a few weeks. You're a disgrace. Personally I would say your long covid is probably a cold.
Report workrider June 26, 2021 11:00 PM BST
Robo , you really are a plank of the highest order , you don't have a clue about long Covid . Maybe its all the moving you do in the Caravan , no point in telling you to read up on it either you're so thick you probably would present yourself to the local Rabbi...
Report JayTrumpOldTomDubbl June 26, 2021 11:18 PM BST
Well done W/rider hope you enjoyed your day. Cadillac was good and Jesse said it would improve. Think the jockey needed that one.
Well done with DKW's in the last. He is always dangerous on his home-patch. RTE did an ok job on it today.
MJK was on with Ruby Jane and Hugh. W. Buick was shuffled back early by the battalion and did really well.
He is just such a fine pleasant person and top jockey. I didn't fancy AP's today. Too much bluffing.
Jim's interview with Paul Kimmage was very good. Especially what he said about AP and the usual battalion of runners.
Very accurate again by Jim. No bookies and that was a shame. Just hope you had a nice day on Ireland's finest.
Report Bentring June 27, 2021 8:23 AM BST
The Curragh of Cill Dara will they give a rendition of Dirty old Town 1sr day of Champions weekend Excited
Report Black Sam Bellamy June 27, 2021 9:10 AM BST
There could be 10 people there and you'd still have to queue at the Curragh to get a drink.
Report slickster June 27, 2021 10:57 AM BST
I don't have you down as a medicine man wonks. And where did u pull the local rabbi out of. You're remaining working braincell is on the decline it would appear. A delusional nutjob with no regard for the public.
Report workrider June 27, 2021 12:09 PM BST
Thanks JayTrump, I actually thought Dewdrop had won the last , I was sitting near the line and it looked as if he'd help on so did the couple behind me . Then we looked again and the angle favoured us .
Robo , you really are to be pitied, I find myself trying to understand your needs but then I see your sadness and lack of self belief and I crumble .You are almost childlike is your need for attention, and again I find my heart going out to you. I hope someday you find a little peace ,God love you...
Report slickster June 27, 2021 1:17 PM BST
So says the biggest attention seeker on here since year dot. FACT. Get back into bed now ffs. Would keep us all safe.
Report workrider June 27, 2021 1:33 PM BST
I feel your pain every time Slick , you are damaged goods sadly , one day your Robo next its Slickster not knowing your true self is one of the saddest things that can happen to a human. Please find yourself a good Psychiatrist, all on here wish you a speedy recovery...
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! June 27, 2021 1:33 PM BST
Last time i went was in 2011
Ticket cost 40 euros i think
Shocked
Report freddiewilliams June 27, 2021 1:36 PM BST
Were u there with friends or alone
Report freddiewilliams June 27, 2021 1:37 PM BST
I backed dewdrop and new I was chinned
Report MJK June 27, 2021 1:39 PM BST
WR I wouldn't say Queally wouldve been too happy with Seamies ride on his. 2M and never got cover once resulting in the horse doing too much. They had been backing it from early Friday.
Report workrider June 27, 2021 1:50 PM BST
MJK it was hard to know were the real money was yesterday , made little or no difference to me as I only had a pittance on the winner but I'm sure plenty of fingers were burnt ..
Freddie I met several friends there so was with them most of the day..
Report freddiewilliams June 27, 2021 1:56 PM BST
Did u wear a check jacket with blue in it
Report workrider June 27, 2021 2:03 PM BST
Most guys seemed to be wearing blue jackets yesterday for some reason Freddie , wife bought me a new set of binoculars for Christmas but I forget to tie the laces on and had to keep them in a Paddy bag till the race started..
Report workrider June 27, 2021 2:07 PM BST
What did you make of yesterday Freddie...
Report freddiewilliams June 27, 2021 2:07 PM BST
Only car in carpark with English reg was our mercedes
Report freddiewilliams June 27, 2021 2:08 PM BST
Blue wristbands for the more wealthy
Report workrider June 27, 2021 2:09 PM BST
Ah think I know you so ...You or your friend play Gaa for Down..?
Report freddiewilliams June 27, 2021 2:10 PM BST
Disaster mate......tote only and the walk from course to parade was a bit much
Report freddiewilliams June 27, 2021 2:10 PM BST
And I backed winner of the 5.25.....
Report freddiewilliams June 27, 2021 2:20 PM BST
Never played or watched Gaa....also noo idea what it stands for
Report workrider June 27, 2021 2:26 PM BST
OK no problem..
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder