Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ronnie rails
25 Jun 21 19:06
| Topic/replies: 2,848 | Blogger: ronnie rails's blog
1000 allowed at the  Curragh sad to say not a bookie in sight  7 allowed but  not one wil be there .

Ronnie.
Show More
Report swiftynifty June 25, 2021 7:10 PM BST
Let's hope they stay away for good. Nice to see better prices returned.
Report ronnie rails June 25, 2021 7:14 PM BST
could have been 7 but dispute over pitch rules so no books

Ronnie.
Report jimnast June 25, 2021 7:35 PM BST
better prices returned sharp minds
Report swiftynifty June 25, 2021 7:39 PM BST
jimnast, some people do multis. The forecasts were harder for the bookies, 6-1 beats 6-1 in UK f/c pays 40-odd, in Ireland nearer 60.
Report jimnast June 25, 2021 8:15 PM BST
sorry swifty misunderstood
Report jimnast June 25, 2021 8:17 PM BST
thats about the f/c, the multiples unless your backing 14/1 plus the of course sp is taking the pi..
Report workrider June 25, 2021 11:56 PM BST
I have to say I'm sorry they will not be there tomorrow I was looking forward to the battle , they do add to the day and it'll be less for not having them on the day racing returns. Anyone care to expand on the reason of their non appearance , I know Ronnie said it was about pitches but what exactly..
Report MaxED June 26, 2021 8:53 AM BST
At least they were consulted not like in uk.   Some books opting in then not turning up costing other books a days work.
Report layingisthewayforward June 26, 2021 9:14 AM BST
https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/no-irish-derby-day-return-for-bookmak...
Report layingisthewayforward June 26, 2021 9:15 AM BST
https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/no-irish-derby-day-return-for-bookmak...
Report Ramruma June 26, 2021 9:20 AM BST
@wrokrider -- here is the Racing Post's explanation of why there will be no bookies, but it is still a bit murky.
https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/no-irish-derby-day-return-for-bookmakers-following-dispute-over-pitch-rules/497528

It looks like:-
1) only seven bookies allowed so pitch rules would have to be altered, at least temporarily
2) altering the pitch rules needs agreement from the bookies
3) if only seven books allowed, then they would be selected from those at the top of the list
4) with no chance for books in the middle and bottom of the list
5) so the books lower down did not agree with the books at the top
6) so the pitch rules were not amended
7) so no books can bet

So you can spin that as selfishness from books at the top, or dog in the manger from those lower down.
Report kavvie June 26, 2021 9:23 AM BST
with only 100 people there surely the picking would be slim anyway so not much demand for a pitch?
Report kavvie June 26, 2021 9:36 AM BST
1000 sorry
Report slickster June 26, 2021 9:46 AM BST
Apparently wonky is en route armed with a sack full of cash. Even though he's on his last legs with "long covid".
Report workrider June 26, 2021 10:39 AM BST
Thanks lads for the heads up. It sounds to me that they may have shot themselves in the foot, surely they should be standing shoulder to shoulder on this especially on the day that's in it, in fighting will only cause more wars in future . Slick aka Robo if you need a few bob please pm me I always try help those in need , or you could ring Birchy I hear he had a MASSIVE treble up during the week...Laugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com