Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ronnie rails
21 Jun 21 09:39
| Topic/replies: 2,848 | Blogger: ronnie rails's blog
Sad to say **** are interested in taking over the William hill shops.

have a good day

Ronnie.
Pause Switch to Standard View William Hill is this the end
Show More
Report San Quentin June 21, 2021 10:51 AM BST
No
Short and sweet.
Report HGS June 21, 2021 11:14 AM BST
Who are ronnie?
Report Llamedos June 21, 2021 11:18 AM BST
https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/****-eye-hills-shops-in-bid-to-signif...
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk June 21, 2021 11:19 AM BST
We have to resort to games of hangman on here at times dealing with the censorship.
I'll start.
Is there an

F ?
Report second again June 21, 2021 11:19 AM BST
Sad if it is,I still think of them taking big bets in the past, I only use them now for accums as I know I would get paid out.I have never had a bet with spoilsports so I do not have an opinion about them.
Report Llamedos June 21, 2021 11:19 AM BST
**** spoilsports
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk June 21, 2021 11:22 AM BST
Kin ell, it's worse than I thought, thanks
Report HGS June 21, 2021 11:28 AM BST
Laugh same as cuckoo
Report SlippyBlue June 21, 2021 12:07 PM BST
I used to use Hills regularly for placepots back when they were manually settled and the stake never went into the kitty. Apart from that they used to take a decent bet on the Greyhound Derby for example without a quibble. I haven't used them for years though for anything really.
Report Storm Alert June 21, 2021 12:15 PM BST
Back in the days they used to offer some good prices. I've not used them for years as they do nothing outstanding any more.
Report six_six_six June 21, 2021 12:15 PM BST
He didn't want shops in the first place.
Report posy June 21, 2021 12:18 PM BST
Can't see bo yles buying the entire retail portfolio ; doubt they could raise the borrowing to finance a bid which back in May valued the shops at £1.5b. Would think other operators will come to the fore and the shops will be  sold off in packages.
Report barstool June 21, 2021 12:50 PM BST
Betting shops just hoover attachments for the poor people's money nowadays.

Most of the dirt in the bag is taken "on line".

Wrong time to be buying them imo.
Report longbridge June 21, 2021 1:12 PM BST
I looked at WH's Annual report back in 2016 or so and the total net profit of the shop estate was almost exactly equal to the gross revenue take from the FOBTs - the sports betting business only just covered its costs.
Report howard June 21, 2021 1:17 PM BST
80-90 % of betting shops will be gone in 10 years. Maybe 5.
Report BIGNORM. June 21, 2021 2:31 PM BST
I totally agree, and no bad thing INHO Howard
Report slickster June 21, 2021 3:50 PM BST
Bookmakers, shops are practically dead. You think it's bad now. Wait till spoilsports get a hold of you.
Report kavvie June 21, 2021 9:12 PM BST
if spoilsports take over the wh online service its bad news for any current users.  they grind you down similar i think to what slickster,as well as myself, may have experienced
Report ronnie rails June 21, 2021 10:56 PM BST
Just got In sat having a brandy regarding the shops been dead, will have gone in 5 years  my honest view  yes some will but take it from your uncle Ronnie there is still plenty of very good and busy shops about.
have a nice evening
sleep tight

Ronnie.
Report hulk23 June 21, 2021 11:15 PM BST
if spoilsports take over the wh online service its bad news for any current users.

spoilsports ? unless you are an absolute Grade A mug, you will be long gone ... 100%. guaranteed
Report smirnoff2therescue June 21, 2021 11:27 PM BST
Magic Daps telt me this ten years ago...... opened an account free 50 bet matched to ya opening bet - had 50 on a 2/1 winner and played me free 50 bet on middle distances at Chelt festival which kopped at a massive 7/4 lol acct restricted afta 1 free bet - guess- and a winner

MD If ya read this man get in touch - off out for a jaunt at Brighton on 6th for Brighton and 8th to dogs at Hove July that is - bring the baldy slapper aka Jock wud luv to meet in the flesh - me and you against him and tracky dave on the pool table - nah forget that but banter wud be magical

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrkEDe6Ljqs
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 21, 2021 11:31 PM BST
If bookies started offering
exchange prices they might find
their market share increasing.

Might be tough explaining the 2%
deduction to some of the youngsters.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 21, 2021 11:33 PM BST
I opened a credit account
with £50 free credit.

Had £10 ew a 200/1 golfer
who came second.

They paid me, closed my account,
And followed up with a cheque
for outstanding £30 2 weeks later.

Lol.
Report smirnoff2therescue June 21, 2021 11:39 PM BST
agreed Donny - tried to place a tenner bet yday on the 3 good things on footy to win a nifty - was restricted to 2.50 to win a tenner and as alwayswhen they restrict bet went down anyway - why offer a bet and then not hav balls to tekk it - madness imo CryCryCryCry
Report ronnie rails June 21, 2021 11:45 PM BST
Smirnoff

you should of popped down to a shop would of got a few quid on the bet with any of the firms as I said before the shops are the way to go not online.

hope you are well

Ronnie.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 21, 2021 11:47 PM BST
No problem getting £10
in shop, so why restrict it
online?

Funny way to operate
Report smirnoff2therescue June 21, 2021 11:54 PM BST
Hi Ronnie i knew that shop in Cockerton that you mentioned and cant believe it went to wall for Stanleys/WHill - was doing a charity bike ride for Mencap back in day and some fooker pinched the jars wiv all the donations for those two shops Spenny included  - trust me as the dealer might say - i know a lot more than i might let on at times but Cockerton was a 2000-3000 slip settle and i was up for it LoveLoveLove - on a saturday that is after a heavy night out the night b4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hqgC3W9GUI
Report smirnoff2therescue June 21, 2021 11:57 PM BST
and i was relief and lived a long way from the shop lol LaughLaughLaugh

hope ya kopped wiv ya sky bets LoveLoveLove
Report smirnoff2therescue June 21, 2021 11:58 PM BST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5X3FvuwWy8
Report hulk23 June 22, 2021 12:00 AM BST
No problem getting £10
in shop

yes, but the likes of Hills trying to piggy-back off Covid to profile you.  have you completed track & trace, you have ... hang on I'll just stick that through the machine.

yeah .... you can have 25p win at SP.
Report hulk23 June 22, 2021 12:04 AM BST
masheen says no ....
Report smirnoff2therescue June 22, 2021 12:07 AM BST
let me suck you into anutha world wiv out giving too much away hulk ,,,,,,,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZQZZf_R434

ooossss mmmoooooossssss
Report Fashion Fever June 22, 2021 12:09 AM BST
not quite sure how they went from having the best brand to the worst

becoming to paranoid about arbers has cost them dear

surely need to have a  long hard look at themselves
Report hulk23 June 22, 2021 12:11 AM BST
hills round from me only had 5 customers in on sunday ...      

Gary Barlow
Howard Donald
Mark Owen   
Robbie Williams
Jason Orange

all done track and trace ... Wink
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 22, 2021 12:14 AM BST
Not been asked to complete
track and trace at a bookies

One guy did try to put my
bet onto the machine until
I pointed out the odds were
inferior to those on the screen!

Are the staff on commission
for the machine?
Report smirnoff2therescue June 22, 2021 12:18 AM BST
fashion you know wazza well i guess and aint he right - most if all on ere that poast -yeah-wrong spelling but bf forum etiquette - are not winners - lad says it as it is always has and the loony toons spit the dummies out - we are all gamblers and some are **** than othas  but its a tough old gig no matter how clued up you are LaughLaughLaugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZQZZf_R434
Report hulk23 June 22, 2021 12:26 AM BST
retail profiling is a bookies wet dream.
Report smirnoff2therescue June 22, 2021 12:33 AM BST
you coming for the plate Hulk - free ticket courtesy of the daddy LoveLoveLove
Report hulk23 June 22, 2021 12:41 AM BST
get free tickets anyway kid ... Wink
Report smirnoff2therescue June 22, 2021 12:46 AM BST
ok come and visit the bar behind the old silver stand....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyqYQ3GVpJE
Report ronnie rails June 22, 2021 8:18 AM BST
Smirnoff
hope you are well regarding that hills cockerton shop I live a 2 wood away from it,started going in it in 1974 underage of course it was owned by a guy called Ralph Sugden who owned 4 shops in sunny Darlo as well has some prime pitches in the silvering  it was as you say a very busy shop which had a monopoly on the area until Corals opened a shop less than 50 yards away then the market share collapsed  as I have said before there is still some cracking shops out there the hills in Darlo town centre is still one of them it was always the best in Darlo   especially when it was owned by Gordon Nunns the betting shop game is still good but as not as good as it used to be, same as the racecourse books saying the game as gone they said that ten years ago what they ment was we can only go to Barbados twice a year and know get get a merc every 2 years.

have a good day and enjoy the toon on Saturday
regards
Ronnie

ps the skybet did not kop.
Report G Hall June 22, 2021 9:46 AM BST
Morning Ronnie good to see you posting on a regular basis.

Have you ever considered writing a book, I would imagine you have a lot of very good tales to share.
Report ronnie rails June 22, 2021 9:51 AM BST
G Hall

thank you for your kind words re writing a book sad to say my eyes are not to clever see the Robert Sangster thread.

have a good day
kind regards
Ronnie.
Report G Hall June 22, 2021 10:28 AM BST
Cheers Ronnie I wouldn't mind getting the sangster book if you don't mind.
Report ronnie rails June 22, 2021 10:32 AM BST
G Hall

you are more than welcome
please pm your address and I will send it to you

Ronnie.
Report ronnie rails June 22, 2021 10:49 AM BST
G Hall
pm received you will receive it in the next few days
regarding your message postage is on me enjoy the book.

have a good day

Ronnie.
Report slickster June 22, 2021 4:53 PM BST
Have to say ronnie is the most politest poster on here. Always a pleasure reading your posts ronnie.
Report Pilsudski June 22, 2021 5:05 PM BST
Yes,he is the most polite.
Report SlippyBlue June 22, 2021 5:32 PM BST
Indeed, Ronnie is a good bloke most definitely.
Ronnie, I popped into the Corals near o the Kennington Oval on Saturday to watch a race.There was me, the manager and a cashier and nobody else in the 15 minutes or so that I was there.I felt a bit sorry for the staff as they looked totally fed up!
Report geoff m June 22, 2021 7:09 PM BST
Some of the best Hills shops in the north used to be Vicar Lane Leeds/Silver Street Market Place Doncaster/a basement shop cant recall name in centre of Liverpool .
But i am going back some 30 yearsLaughLaugh
Report screaming from beneaththewaves June 22, 2021 7:26 PM BST
One Hills shop which never re-opened after the winter lockdown was the one in Taunton where Priory Bridge Rd (where the cricket ground is) forms a T-junction with Station Road. There are three pubs facing each other on that junction - the Ale House, the Plough and the Crown & Sceptre (where Brian Close used to live when he was captaining Somerset). And next to the Ale House was the Hills shop (formerly a Dave Pipe shop).

And you can see why Pipe opened a shop there - it must have been a corner where street bookies had once stood, between three pubs and halfway between the train station, the cattle market and the County Ground. I expect Brian Close used to use it too. It was always the shop the travelling punters popped into to meet and get a look at non-runners and prices before going on to the track on race days.

Which is what makes its loss so sad. A little bit of real history and human life, gone now for ever.
Report hulk23 June 22, 2021 7:29 PM BST
hills don't give a monkeys about history or human life ...
Report screaming from beneaththewaves June 22, 2021 7:37 PM BST
By the end there were more living organisms in the toilet than in the rest of the shop.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! June 22, 2021 7:39 PM BST
"Shakespere "

Laugh
Report ali1959 June 22, 2021 7:46 PM BST
Geoff, I think the basement shop in Liverpool was called Parker.  Used to get around 5 Racing Post display papers each day.
Report ronnie rails June 22, 2021 10:55 PM BST
Slictser  Pilsudski Slippy

Sorry for the late reply just got in shop does not close till ten,
just like to say a big thank you for your very kind words means an awful lot to me. a quick glass of merlot then an early night 14 hours tomorrow, just thinking Ronnie where did it all go wrong.

THANK YOU AGAIN

Ronnie.
Report geoff m June 23, 2021 1:25 PM BST
It was Ali Parker street. thanx
Report stewarts rise June 23, 2021 2:22 PM BST
For whom the Bell tolls, Billhilly 3.30 Carlisle Bell!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com