Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
BIGNORM.
26 May 21 17:54
| Topic/replies: 122 | Blogger: BIGNORM.'s blog
Just had an email from Betfair asking for a raft of personal information including bank statements and ID etc as supposed proof of earnings. I would strongly recommend that nobody sends such information to Betfair. It exceeds the information that even a bank would require to authorise a mortgage. I suspect if fraud occurred on your bank account and it was proven that you had supplied such information to an organisation like Betfair that you would have no chance of the bank reimbursing any monies that you were stolen.
Pause Switch to Standard View Account Information Email
Show More
Report The Management May 26, 2021 6:15 PM BST
It's probably all outsourced to some third party minimum wage agency staff on zero hours contracts - what could possibly go wrong?
Report greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy May 26, 2021 6:26 PM BST
loads of acc's being closed or susp now due to new procedures.
Report FOYLESWAR May 26, 2021 6:32 PM BST
they can go fook themsens!
Report 11kv May 26, 2021 6:42 PM BST
Nosey feckers
Report hulk23 May 26, 2021 6:45 PM BST
can you show them where your money came from without them showing the police ?

asking for a friend ...
Report The Management May 26, 2021 6:47 PM BST
If it's not too personal BigNorm - any idea what triggered it? Have you had a lean spell and/or deposited more than usual recently?
Report JML May 26, 2021 10:15 PM BST
It exceeds the information that even a bank would require to authorise a mortgage.

Lie no 1.

I suspect if fraud occurred on your bank account and it was proven that you had supplied such information to an organisation like Betfair that you would have no chance of the bank reimbursing any monies that you were stolen.

Lie no 2 and pathetic scaremongering
Report Rico-Dangleflaps May 27, 2021 12:38 AM BST
hulk completely obsessed with shafters finances Laugh

cos he's got nen....wac Laugh
Report casemoney May 27, 2021 1:28 AM BST
How can they possibly ask someone who has been on here 20 years for proof of funds Plain

Not suggesting OP is a losing account but if he is surely could say I have been betting with money that is not mine ,I want it refunded to repay ,  You should not have let me bet .
Report casemoney May 27, 2021 1:31 AM BST
Any losing account with no proof  should say I want my money back ,I clearly should not have been using your site Plain
Report Rico-Dangleflaps May 27, 2021 1:50 AM BST
money laundering regs and responsible gambling rules..all about financial accountability.
Report hulk23 May 27, 2021 1:51 AM BST
Betfair -> Rico.  Where did these vast sums of money you've been betting with come from ?
Rico -> Betfair. Bye-bye.
Report greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy May 27, 2021 1:55 PM BST
deposited 5k in 2004...never been in the red since..amassed millions...

Cool
Report BIGNORM. June 2, 2021 11:44 AM BST

May 26, 2021 -- 10:15PM, JML wrote:

It exceeds the information that even a bank would require to authorise a mortgage.Lie no 1.I suspect if fraud occurred on your bank account and it was proven that you had supplied such information to an organisation like Betfair that you would have no chance of the bank reimbursing any monies that you were stolen. Lie no 2 and pathetic scaremongering

JML - It isn't a lie, this was what what I was told by a friend that is a mortgage broker when I was discussing the email. In addition don't be a ****g tit all your life.

The Management - It could be about deposits. I've never had a query before, and although I'm in profit this year I regularly withdraw down to £100. I then put in £700 over a 6 day period during the Aintree fest while placing bets for a friend which probably triggered it. The answer is to keep a high balance in your account. I prefer **** these days anyway so I won't complain if they close my account.

Report happysandwich June 2, 2021 1:04 PM BST
https://support.betfair.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/122

The scammers who sent the OP the email work on the fact "there’s one born every minute".

And there’s certainly one or two on this thread who thought there was some truth in it.
Report dave1357 June 2, 2021 1:09 PM BST
^idiot in thread
Report happysandwich June 2, 2021 2:00 PM BST
^
Dave1357,

If you are referring to me as an idiot, do you not find it strange that you and I or anyone else has received this email other than the OP?
Report Movewiththetimes June 2, 2021 2:11 PM BST
I received it 4 weeks ago took 45 mins last week to get all restrictions lifted on my account, wanted to know everything apart from inside leg measurement. Some pretty personal questions worse than a bank but you have to answer or be restricted account imo.
Report dave1357 June 2, 2021 3:20 PM BST
^I find it even stranger that you are completely clueless about source of funds and affordability checks even though they have been wisely discussed on this forum, in the trade press and in the national press.
Report dave1357 June 2, 2021 3:21 PM BST
*widely discussed (and sometimes wisely)
Report BIGNORM. June 2, 2021 6:44 PM BST
It isn't a scam unfortunately, out of the 9 or 10 people I know who use Betfair 4 of us have received the same emails. You first get a daily limit of £150 deposit which is perfectly fine, then after 4 weeks you get another warning to send the docs or your account gets closed
The others I know have had that happen, I am in the final warning period. From what I've heard it isn't based on profitability it is based on deposits made, to identify fraudulent behaviour. The only way round that if it is the case is to maintain a realistic balance in your account to take you through any lean spells and don't deposit too much in a short period, regardless of whether you've been making a profit or not.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com