Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Slicko
18 May 21 15:44
| Topic/replies: 6 | Blogger: Slicko's blog
Forumites

What happens to my each way bet when 1nof the races is reduced to 4 runners from 5?

E/w bet is as follows

Jewel In My Crown
Alphonse Karr
Hazran
Itsnotyiuitsme

Because the 305 was reduced to 4 runners does that make my bet a 4 fold acca rather than an each way acca?
Pause Switch to Standard View Each Way Help
Show More
Report penzance May 18, 2021 3:50 PM BST
all on to win.
Report penzance May 18, 2021 3:53 PM BST
then back to an E/W acca.
Report Slicko May 18, 2021 3:57 PM BST
Bearing in mind the 1st 2 won, if either Hazran or the other dont win but are placed, does that mean I get nothing back?

Does my £20 e/w acca become a £40 4 fold because 1 of the races had 4 runners?
Report penzance May 18, 2021 4:01 PM BST
what you had going on the 4rnr win & pl
goes on that win only.what you had returned
then gets split down the middle E/W on the
3rd selection,then normall win & pl on the 4th.
   GL
Report The Management May 18, 2021 4:02 PM BST
You are only "all on to win" in the 4 horse race - the others are still EW.

The easiest way to think of it is that you have got 2/11 for the win acca element of the bet and also 2/11 for the place acca element
Report miz May 18, 2021 4:20 PM BST
I had a similar puzzle with a bet finishing on that race paying more from the place side of an acca than I expected. So is it correct that an ew single on a 7/2 shot which subsequently becomes 4 runner with 80p reduction returns 3.4 units for winning? Seems like the reduction factor doesn't work very well there given the horse was only 2/11 in the end.
Report The Management May 18, 2021 4:30 PM BST
That would be correct miz

£1 Each Way at 7/2 with an 80p R4 (and the race reduced from quarter odds to "all on the win") - would be £3.40 returned including your £2 staked.
Report The Management May 18, 2021 4:43 PM BST
If you think it sounds generous - you have to bear in mind that it's only generous because your selection won. If it had come second your bet was scuppered.

I'm guessing you know the win element of your bet was shocking value (i.e. 7/2 about a horse trading double that price to win on here) - but you placed it knowing the place element was great value (1.75 about a 1.30 chance). The risk you take is the double whammy if the NR had been a rag rather than the fav.

The double whammy is - not only have you lost your 1.75 value bet altogether - you have also doubled your stake up on your shocking value bet at 7/2!
Pleased it worked out for you both.
Report The Management May 18, 2021 4:59 PM BST
^ that should have read .......(1.875 about a 1.30 chance) Whoops
Report Slicko May 18, 2021 5:37 PM BST
Thanks for your replies, penzance & the management.
Report The Management May 18, 2021 5:45 PM BST
No worries Slicko - I think your win acca is down - but good luck with the last one placing for the place acca.Grin
Report miz May 18, 2021 5:52 PM BST
Spot on with the rag withdrawal scenario TM, happened plenty of times and you really are screwed then. When it happened this time thought things had gotten worse, when in actual fact the place side stayed fairly similar and the win side became 1.7 instead of 4.5. (But on a 1.25 chance instead of whatever the double digit price on here was). And of course it always needed to beat the other 3 to get money back. I should of been cheering soon as that fave came out, you live and learn. cheers
Report swiftynifty May 18, 2021 5:53 PM BST
the e/w all to win is a good bet if mixing with e/w selections in an acca but sadly not available on-line to my knowledge.
Report The Management May 18, 2021 6:00 PM BST
Yes miz - basically you've "had it right off" (you got almost 8/11 about a 2/11 chance) - but it's a dicey experience on the flat if you've had a decent bet - no data to back it up but there seem to be more pre-race bolters and stalls refusals than ever these days - sometimes even with 9 of them making it out of the pre-parade ring you wonder if you're going to still qualify for 3 places each-way by the time they get to the start and get loaded! - so 5 runner races (Each Way) is just too stressful for me these days. GL.
Report The Management May 18, 2021 6:06 PM BST
swifty - the ultimate bet (for "Bad/dirty" Each Way races) was Each Way Equally Divided & Stop at a Winner!

I would imagine the old boy (independent) that used to put up with me and let me place them is long dead (bless him!) - I don't imagine it's possible anywhere anymore.
Report The Management May 18, 2021 6:14 PM BST
Well done Slicko - I hope you got some fancy early prices - your last two went off annoyingly short (compared to the tissue prices) in the end.
Report penzance May 18, 2021 6:15 PM BST
OP
you got the places.
   wd
   GL
Report swiftynifty May 18, 2021 6:18 PM BST
TM, it sounds like you finished him off! By the time he woke up you'd broken him!
Report The Management May 18, 2021 6:31 PM BST
Laugh swifty - It was a very long time ago and very small stakes. I was the youngest bloke in his "shop" by about 30 years and he was a good old boy. I think he tolerated me because he liked having somebody to tell stories to - I think most of his business was credit by phone.
Report swiftynifty May 18, 2021 6:41 PM BST
I can relate to that, sneaking in with a coat over the school uniform. The indies were quite good, they needed the business. But with few customers you felt a tad awkward if you had decent win, it felt like you'd cost him his wages for the week. Nicer to take it off the big boys in truth.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com