Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
dementia
11 Mar 21 09:33
| Topic/replies: 404 | Blogger: dementia's blog
Anyone know if Elliott will still get win prize money and training fees for his horses?
Pause Switch to Standard View Gordon Elliott
Show More
Report jimnast March 11, 2021 9:37 AM GMT
is that a serious question ?
Report kavvie March 11, 2021 9:51 AM GMT
whos this elliott chap? never heard the name before..
Report CROPSICK March 11, 2021 10:28 AM GMT
It does open the question of how the stable will be covering its costs as who will be receiving the training fees, winnings etc ,i would expect the fees etc will be going to a seperate company set up by GE and the said company coud be employing Denise Foster as trainer or charging her an amount for use of yard etc.
It could complicated but i dont really know.
Report impossible123 March 11, 2021 11:37 AM GMT
I'd be gobsmacked if Mrs Foster is not part of the share (negotiated prior to reallocation) of the prize money earned at the Festival; the owners will get theirs, and hopefully the rest shared between staff members. Any remaining will probably go to the running and upkeeping of Cullentra with deficit funded by Elliot being the owner.
Report dementia March 11, 2021 11:55 AM GMT
I asked the question as i was thinking is Foster just a paid employee and Elliott continuing as normal. In which case its hardly a punishment is it?
Report posy March 11, 2021 12:07 PM GMT
That dementia maybe one of the aspects that the bha are seeking clarification on. Unless the IHRB can convince the bha that  Foster isn't a facade then the yard's horses may not get to Cheltenham.
Report the dealer March 11, 2021 12:10 PM GMT
Seemed okay when Karl Burkes wife took over his yard, or Best or Brockley.
Report workrider March 11, 2021 12:48 PM GMT
The Dealer, I asked the same question on another thread yesterday about those very people but got no reply .
Report the dealer March 11, 2021 1:08 PM GMT
I'm pretty sure they were allowed to be in and around the yard, I remember one of them spoke to attheraces leading one up at the race course.
Report truehoncho March 11, 2021 1:13 PM GMT
The trainers prize money will be paid direct to the trainers account. My guess is the owners bills will still be paid to the same account they always have been. It just the trainers position that has changed. I can't see him being banned from his yard which is why the BHA are looking into the sanctions.  Not really sure what they can do.
Report jimnast March 11, 2021 1:46 PM GMT
so you asked the question really so you could get yet another thread going where you could kick a man while he is down.

hardly a punishment you say i think most reasonable people would think he has been punished enough now.
Report CROPSICK March 11, 2021 1:46 PM GMT
Its like a lot of these dealings there is so much smoke screen for tax puprposes etc,i.e is there another company been set up over time owned by GE that own the stables and does that company rent out the stables to GE racing ltd which it then could employ a new trainer in a salaried position therefore prize money, fees etc then goes to GE Racing ltd.
Report CROPSICK March 11, 2021 1:47 PM GMT
Agree with you Jimnast its time to move on
Report dementia March 11, 2021 2:36 PM GMT
so you asked the question really so you could get yet another thread going where you could kick a man while he is down.

hardly a punishment you say i think most reasonable people would think he has been punished enough now

I think most reasonable, moral, horse loving people would have him kicked out of racing for good for the damage he`s done to racing. Imho  he`s got off very lightly which undoubtedly will all kick off again when he next appears on a racecourse. Then all the other respectable horse loving  people involved in the sport will have to deal with the backlash and headlines.
Report jimnast March 11, 2021 2:44 PM GMT
i know many horse loving people who care about the sport including myself who think enough is enough now .
Report loper March 11, 2021 2:51 PM GMT
Jimnast,

in terms of official retribution all I can see imposed is his name not appearing in the racecard.
Report differentdrum March 11, 2021 2:51 PM GMT
I am not sure how Jimnast defines reasonable. Is it someone who agrees with him?

There appears to a be a concerted effort within the bubble to try and close down debate and kick the issue into the long grass. I don't think that's good for racing it just confirms the thoughts that 'outsiders' like Syed have about those within racing. The comments I have seen outside racing suggest that most think the punishment was a joke and that's before they understand that it's not really a year's ban.

Whatever has gone on in the past Elliott should be playing no part in the training of the horses.
Report jimnast March 11, 2021 3:28 PM GMT
good afternoon loper

his ban means he will miss cheltenham,aintree,fairyhouse and punchestown with the prestige that goes with winning at those meetings the history books will not have his name by the winners,he also received a fine.

his punishment is more severe than that of byrnes and henderson for doping which could have resulted in fatalities ,henderson received a 3 month ban meaning he could not have runners at the summer fixtures .
Report olddesperado March 11, 2021 3:33 PM GMT
Didn't receive a fine,  just pay costs.
Report loper March 11, 2021 3:38 PM GMT
Agree that Hendo and Byrnes have also got off incredibly lightly.
Report jimnast March 11, 2021 3:39 PM GMT
differentdrum

i dont think the only people who are reasonable are those who agree with me and fully understand the divisions in this very sad case, and to be honest my first thoughts last weekend were like yours he should play no part of ever training horses again,but as time went on i mellowed about it i felt he could do no more than give the apology he gave i believed it was sincere.in hindsight i should not of fallen for this joker {400 posts in 19 years} who started a thread wanting only one thing,last week and this week as i am sure you noticed i started many threads on pleasant racing topics and cheltenham quizis.

its pretty clear we are never going to agree on the punishment but thats life i think we can both get over that fact.
Report jimnast March 11, 2021 3:40 PM GMT
thanks desparado either way he had to pull some money up.
Report jimnast March 11, 2021 3:42 PM GMT
loper you know me well enough to know what i think of horses and the sport ,just felt sorry for the man in the end,maybe i am wrong who knows.
Report loper March 11, 2021 3:48 PM GMT
I always respect your contributions, Jimnast.

anyone can tell that you have the best interests of racing at the core of your posts.

I'm just shocked that the IHRB have not restricted his movements in any way.
Report olddesperado March 11, 2021 3:52 PM GMT
I think most people were reasonably satisfied with the punishment initially,

I talked to plenty of extremely pro or anti Gordon people and all said it was fair enough but could have went a little bit either way depending on your view.

What's annoyed a lot of people and has kept it going is the realisation the punishment was merely an administrative one where the name on the race card changes but nothing else.

It's akin to putting the sons new car in the mammys name for insurance purposes.
Report ribero1 March 11, 2021 4:10 PM GMT
Cheveley Park dealt the biggest punishment which may have contributed towards some of the sympathy towards him.
Report jimnast March 11, 2021 4:18 PM GMT
they did ribero

desparado not quite really ,if abacadabras wins on tuesday the records books will never show he trained the horse i would imagine that will hurt,envoi allen will never run in his name again and looking ahead to 2022 if monkfish was unable to run in the gold cup then who knows he may even have had a gold cup winner taken away.
Report olddesperado March 11, 2021 4:31 PM GMT
That would hurt a trainer who would only train a handful of cheltenham winners not someone who will train a handful every year.

Anyway it is where it is so us not sures may just get over it now.
Report hello :-) March 11, 2021 5:02 PM GMT
its been a couple weeks now  and fallout still rearing its head , and always will

i had sympathy for the man given the global backlash , not after he kicked remorse into touch and announced he would more or less be training as normal

i realise we are not all blessed with the same levels of intelligence but surely someone in the room had a brain before he released that statement , which was immediately redacted
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com