Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Wesdag
15 Feb 21 15:21
| Topic/replies: 17,514 | Blogger: Wesdag's blog
Cry
Pause Switch to Standard View FFS @ Lingfield
Show More
Report CROPSICK February 15, 2021 3:22 PM GMT
Horrofic
Report BESTMATE44 February 15, 2021 3:23 PM GMT
Sickening to see.
Report elise February 15, 2021 3:24 PM GMT
brian carver & dash of blue are both up
Report elise February 15, 2021 3:24 PM GMT
didn't see daryl jacob
Report scaredmoney February 15, 2021 3:25 PM GMT
made me feel sick.....horrific
Report snowynoon February 15, 2021 3:25 PM GMT
fear the worst for the horse ,didnt really see what happened to Daryl Jacob ,but to come off at that speed cant be good.
Report ease February 15, 2021 3:26 PM GMT
Hideous, the worst ones are always on the AW
Report brians February 15, 2021 3:26 PM GMT
Broke near fore just before line. Hopefully Daryl thrown clear of faller and other runners but a horrible incident. Just a reminder to the jockey critics that these people risk their life every day for our sport.
Report djx1969. February 15, 2021 3:27 PM GMT
Simply Horrific  turned My Stomach  Hope Horse by some Miracle is Fine and Jockey But Didnt Look Good For The Poor Horse , Surely need to inspect Track before the winning line ...Sickening
Report brians February 15, 2021 3:31 PM GMT
Didnt think it was the track, but must be checked of course . Sometimes horse just break legs whilst running, they have very thin bone structures as they are bred for speed . Awful to watch.
Report ItsMeSwaddle February 15, 2021 3:35 PM GMT
Sometimes our sport doesnt help itself.

The likes of the replay being put out on S life site...commonsense is surely show full race with the obvious 5 seconds and just give a detailed summary what happened to rest of the runners and how they finished.
Report ItsMeSwaddle February 15, 2021 3:35 PM GMT
Without*
Report ekbalko February 15, 2021 3:35 PM GMT
After seeing that fall and Danny Cooks mangled face in A&E on tv last week every credit to them. Its certainly a tough game.
Report isleham February 15, 2021 3:35 PM GMT
obviously total hindsight but is lingfield a suitable venue for these jumper bumpers
with the downhill run and short straight where they always sprint home late
Report herrero February 15, 2021 3:37 PM GMT
the horse may have suffered a heart attach
Report brians February 15, 2021 3:38 PM GMT
Daryl Jacob reported to have walked gingerly into the medical room.  A n encouraging sign I hope.
Report brians February 15, 2021 3:38 PM GMT
Definitely a broken leg.
Report wondersobright February 15, 2021 3:40 PM GMT
1 of the worst I've ever seen
Report Darlo Bantam February 15, 2021 3:44 PM GMT

Feb 15, 2021 -- 9:35AM, ItsMeSwaddle wrote:

Sometimes our sport doesnt help itself.The likes of the replay being put out on S life site...commonsense is surely show full race with the obvious 5 seconds and just give a detailed summary what happened to rest of the runners and how they finished.

Agree.

Racing Post Greyhound TV has a policy not to show replays if a dog doesn't finish.

Report brians February 15, 2021 3:47 PM GMT
Absolutely, just gives ammunition to those opponents who will insist this is an everyday occurrence.
Report isleham February 15, 2021 4:03 PM GMT
MC suggesting BHA to review the concept of jumper bumpers
Report ItsMeSwaddle February 15, 2021 4:06 PM GMT
Never sat on a horse so maybe not the best to advise...but would it not be better to run these at Southwell with a deeper surface that represents winter ground a little more...or anywhere other than Lingfield where they have to turn a bend and then sprint...at least Newcastle they get a chance to fan after straightening up 3f out, same with Kemp.
Report Deptford February 15, 2021 4:08 PM GMT
Horrific
Report pablo-fanque February 15, 2021 4:19 PM GMT
horrible to see

very sad .

out of interest and i don't mean this in a bad way, what would be the differences between jumpers bumper at lingfield and a normal flat race at lingfield in terms of horses . are the NH ones heavier ?
Report the dealer February 15, 2021 4:34 PM GMT
I personally don't think Lingfield is a good track for these type of races but accidents like that could happen any where.
I doubt there is much difference PF but I suppose wear and tear of older horses, running probably faster than they would normally go, at the end of a race on that surface, might not ge great for their legs. Looking at the entries though, trainers seem to think differently and I suppose most will be trained on an artificial surface as sohe point.
Report isleham February 15, 2021 4:47 PM GMT
not likely to travel as fast at home as last furlong at lingfield
Report the dealer February 15, 2021 4:49 PM GMT
No definitely not Isleham.
Report loper February 15, 2021 6:50 PM GMT
phuuck me, the alternative facts merchants are all out giving their expert opinion about Lingfield's suitability for FLAT racing for JUMPERS.

Give it a rest, you have no knowledge of the subject you are pontificating about.

How many so called jumpers have experienced what that unfortunate former inmate of Ben Pauling's suffered there today?

Have you the figures to back up your view that Lingfield's flat course is unsuitable for jumpers?

Horses are horses, some specialize, others are raced under both codes. Some are as sound as a bell, others have inherent weaknesses that only expose themselves at racing speed.

Have you walked the course at Lingfield to confirm that it is unforgiving for so called 'heavier horses'? Thought not.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com