Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
stewarty b
23 Jan 21 21:06
| Topic/replies: 39,602 | Blogger: stewarty b's blog
I got myself a chalice. (6 quid) Holds 568ml. Problem is my cans of Guinness only hold 440ml. Solution?  I take two cans out of the fridge at a time. It's a joy watching it settle bt well worth the wait.

Anyone else having a tipple? (or mixing)
Pause Switch to Standard View Anybody having a beer tonight?
Show More
Report Tugay5 January 23, 2021 9:10 PM GMT
San Miguel 660ml bottles
Cheaper than waterGrin
Report stewarty b January 23, 2021 9:12 PM GMT
I was well into them Tugay then I discovered Peroni.Cool
Report Tugay5 January 23, 2021 9:14 PM GMT
1,45 lidl stew can't beat that
Report topshot January 23, 2021 9:19 PM GMT
Just been put into lockdown and should be at a 50th birthday bash, so sitting at home and necking quiet a few Bredas
Report smirnoff2therescue January 23, 2021 9:28 PM GMT
me mates got me into them fevertree aromatic tonic waters........wiv some absolut or me namesake to water them down of course .....

well wud be rude not too wudnt it LoveLoveCoolCool
Report leif January 23, 2021 9:33 PM GMT
That kind Mr Tesco chappy delivered the messages earlier replete with some Magic Rock Dark Arts Surreal Stout Beer 330Ml to wash the home made Chinese stir fry down the hatch.

My son announced he is to become a dad for the first time so the Brandy will make an appearance before bedtime.
Report stewarty b January 23, 2021 9:35 PM GMT
Good show leif.

Tugay5
Date Joined: 12 May 20
Add contact | Send message
23 Jan 21 22:14Joined: 12 May 20 | Topic/replies: 413 | Blogger: Tugay5's blog
1,45 lidl stew can't beat that

I'll never beat it Tugay....living in Scotland.
Report Deptford January 23, 2021 9:40 PM GMT
Bollinger
Report chavman January 23, 2021 9:47 PM GMT
speckled hen
Report stewarty b January 23, 2021 9:48 PM GMT
I prefer Krug Deptford but that's very seldom. Look out for my Cheltenham thread... 2k to wherever. All bets posted in advance. I fancy three and not getting involved with the big handicaps. Of course it might easily read....2k to Palookaville..
Report stewarty b January 23, 2021 9:50 PM GMT
reg, are you getting involved tomorrow in the American Football? Fancy one bet strongly but would also like to do the double for lesser stakes.
Report stewarty b January 23, 2021 9:52 PM GMT
I'm thinking handicap I may add.
Report smirnoff2therescue January 23, 2021 9:53 PM GMT
get that fevertree into ya gins reg - well worth spending the extra pennies LoveLoveLove
Report Deptford January 23, 2021 9:53 PM GMT
I do indulge in a vodka and slimline tonic now and then.
Report stewarty b January 23, 2021 10:02 PM GMT
I used to have a cocktail 'doo' in my home from time to time. Fun nights gone now. No idea if they will return. I was sometimes so pissed I was giving everybody a 'screaming orgasm'. Not the real drink but when everybody was boozy they didn't notice it was just vodka and Baileys,

Rough in the morning but the leftovers were a treat....then back to my kip.Cool
Report stewarty b January 23, 2021 10:07 PM GMT
Fancy the Packers and Chiefs tbh reg. Might do the double but as the second KO is late I may do Tampa + 4 at 10/11.
Report stewarty b January 23, 2021 10:09 PM GMT
* Funnily enough I've been on the sauce since 1pm when miss stew arrived. She has the living room and I have the bedroom due to covid. She never hears the fridge door opening..
Report smirnoff2therescue January 23, 2021 10:16 PM GMT
very rarely touch gin Reg - if im on the voddies i usually mix with  diet red bulls orange tash (irn bru) bitter lemon  fresh orange juice or ginger ale  but me mate got me onto them fever trees - he's a grey goose man but £40 for a 70cl bottle when i can get a 1ltre bottle of Absolut for nearly half the price is a no brainer for me - those fever tree bottles of tonic come in 500ml sizes so you can easily get a good two/three drinks outta one bottle - i thort he was just being a posh nob when he suggested it to me but im glad i took him up on his suggestion cos its luvly stuff
Report stewarty b January 23, 2021 10:17 PM GMT
Yes reg, you mentioned previously. As you are more clued up than me feel free to put me off the +4 @ 10/11....win or lose.
Report smirnoff2therescue January 23, 2021 10:18 PM GMT
ps my current username is just a p1sstake on the old shearer monicker one - if you cant laugh at yasel then who can ya laf at eh LaughLaughLaugh
Report stewarty b January 23, 2021 10:22 PM GMT
As it stands reg it's either evens +3.5 or 10/11 +4. Be obliged if you post on here tomorrow with your thoughts on that particular bet. As you say, +4 looks a tad stingy on Tampa and might go higher in the handicap.(at lesser odds obviously)
Report smirnoff2therescue January 23, 2021 10:24 PM GMT
im expecting Brady to run outta gas tomorrow night at the cheese heads ground where it will be anything but warm and i fully expect both favs to cover the spreads wiv Chiefs -unoriginal i know- going on to retain their title cos if you think in footballing terms they hav been the Liverpool of last two seasons - not including the current form of Klopps lot - wiv weapons all ova the pitch
Report GLASGOWCALLING January 23, 2021 10:26 PM GMT
A few Scrumpy Jacks here, although I prefer the bottled Henry Weston cider when I  can get it .   Cheers.
Report stewarty b January 23, 2021 10:27 PM GMT
What's really tempting me reg is the Packers to win the Super Bowl @ 3.1 as I type. Any thoughts on that one?
Report smirnoff2therescue January 23, 2021 10:28 PM GMT
currently expected to be minus 2 tomorrow which aint too bad for this time of year for that neck of the woodsShockedShockedShocked
Report stewarty b January 23, 2021 10:30 PM GMT
GLASGOWCALLING
Date Joined: 11 Jan 11
23 Jan 21 23:26Joined: 11 Jan 11 | Topic/replies: 21,321 | Blogger: GLASGOWCALLING's blog
A few Scrumpy Jacks here, although I prefer the bottled Henry Weston cider when I  can get it .   Cheers.

GC the last time I bought Westons was a flagon from Sainsburys. It was 8%vol. Held four pints. Struggled to go for a p1ss after three pints. It was nice and cloudy and no gas in it.
Report smirnoff2therescue January 23, 2021 10:32 PM GMT
Grayhawk who is Sunland daft is also Packers daft and wot he doesnt know about em isnt worth knowing -yet he doesnt seem confident they can get the job done - one things for sure i bet he will be praying for a Bills win in otha game tomorra night WinkLaughLaugh
Report stewarty b January 23, 2021 10:35 PM GMT
Taken on board reg. Thanks.
Report GLASGOWCALLING January 23, 2021 10:35 PM GMT
.. Yes Stew the Vintage Henry Weston is 8.2% ... goes down TOO well at times. !!
Report stewarty b January 23, 2021 10:36 PM GMT
so if they get there then with home advantage could be favs

reg, with no crowd is it really an advantage?
Report smirnoff2therescue January 23, 2021 10:38 PM GMT
never a truer word said on those hcp marks reg - those half points can make all the difference - looks nowt at first hand but can obviously win or lose the bet .
For wot its worth stew i wud always bet a team -3.5/+3.5 at say 4/5 any day over a -4/+4 spread at say 10/11 which is quite often what the odds compilers will offer you - in your case if fancying Tampa then take the plus 4 rather than plus 3.5 which will be slightly better odds
Report smirnoff2therescue January 23, 2021 10:40 PM GMT
will be 25,000 crowd for superbowl  so will deffo help Tampa if they get there
Report stewarty b January 23, 2021 10:41 PM GMT
Yes reg. It's called rip off #Sturgeon.com.
Report smirnoff2therescue January 23, 2021 10:42 PM GMT
they did reg -im not scottish by way- but anyone that lives close to border can pile into Morrisons/Asda in Berwick to get round that one LaughLaughLaugh
Report stewarty b January 23, 2021 10:43 PM GMT
smirnoff2therescue
Date Joined: 03 Jan 12
23 Jan 21 23:40Joined: 03 Jan 12 | Topic/replies: 16,064 | Blogger: smirnoff2therescue's blog
will be 25,000 crowd for superbowl  so will deffo help Tampa if they get there

Don't doubt your word Paul but do you have a link?
Report smirnoff2therescue January 23, 2021 10:46 PM GMT
20/20 LaughLaughLaugh

now there was a drink when i was a youngin - tasted bloody awful but did the job

surprisingly enough the make "hooch" did the bizzo as well - drinking bottles of lemonade/orange till ya legs stopped working ShockedShockedShocked
Report stewarty b January 23, 2021 10:47 PM GMT
Are you based in Scotland now reg?
Report smirnoff2therescue January 23, 2021 10:54 PM GMT
saw it on sky news otha day - deffo 25k crowd so probs 1 in 4 for social distance protocols

Been following NFL since the Fridge  and the Chicago Bears back in the mid 80s when C4 were all ova it like a rash - at the time 49ers and Washington Redskins were the major players and i plumped for 49ers as my team - both hav had a long period of under performing but both will not be far away next season - 49ers got to superbowl last season but hav been riddled wiv injuries this season whereas Washington hav secretly been sneaking up on rails -
Report stewarty b January 23, 2021 10:54 PM GMT
OH right, reg. I couldn't be further from you....Aberdeen. That said, I'm a mongrel.
Report casemoney January 23, 2021 10:59 PM GMT
Wonder how the Russian and the Old Boy are getting on Reg ? Laugh He needed a box to Reach the Box
Report stewarty b January 23, 2021 11:12 PM GMT
regvarney23 Jan 21 23:57Joined: 03 Feb 04 | Topic/replies: 4,496 | Blogger: regvarney's blog
Stew, did you go up thete for work on the rigs?

I did work on platforms for approx. 20 years reg but I was born in Aberdeen. My late father was from Hamilton....hence the mongrel part.

I don't know the terminology down your way reg but up here they call them 'bidey ins'. (living with a woman) I had quite a few but when things went pear shaped it was always back to mum's home' Long story short I met miss stew nearly 20 years ago. I don't want to get soapy but I am genuinely blessed. Any time you want to ask me feel free. I was punching well above my weight and by that I don't mean look wise. Just damned lucky I met a gem.
Report casemoney January 23, 2021 11:14 PM GMT
Classic reg was a good larf Grin G luck to him , definately punching above his weight though Happy
Report smirnoff2therescue January 23, 2021 11:15 PM GMT
i think he means soppy LaughLaughLaugh
Report casemoney January 23, 2021 11:15 PM GMT
LOL , I didnt see ur post Stew we are talking about Escape to country the Other day , how strange LOL
Report smirnoff2therescue January 23, 2021 11:17 PM GMT
Reg one of lads who i go to watch the toon wiv for past 30-40 yrs cant get NFL and thinks im bonkers for watching it lolLaughLaughLaugh
Report smirnoff2therescue January 23, 2021 11:18 PM GMT
i saw the russian bird and shorty a while back case - i wonder how they are getting on now
Report stewarty b January 23, 2021 11:19 PM GMT
Good to actually read one of your posts casey.Grin
Report acey deucy January 23, 2021 11:20 PM GMT
Not had a drink since New Years Eve....Why do i need a drink to feel good?...Could murder a Double J.D and Coke.Crazy
Report acey deucy January 23, 2021 11:20 PM GMT
Not had a drink since New Years Eve....Why do i need a drink to feel good?...Could murder a Double J.D and Coke.Crazy
Report casemoney January 23, 2021 11:21 PM GMT
My Mate Scotch Matty worked on the Rigs Stew , used to Fly out from yarmouth , not sure what Field . was a Painter , Be 2 months on Month off ,Fook me the Month off was BOOZER day and night Grin, Sadly gone was a lovely Bloke Sad Prob 20/25 year back
Report FOYLESWAR January 23, 2021 11:23 PM GMT
hey lads a heads up here, most of us i am assuming are over 40 ,just a reminder to drink plenty of water, 6 years ago i was in a boozer had around 4 or 5 pints went to the khazi for a pish and fook all came out although i had the feeling of  busting for a slash tbf over the years i had not drunk much water although plenty of tea, alchohol etc . anyway got home from boozer and still couldnt pish fook all coming out and the sensation of really bursting to go . ended up in hospital and tubes in the japs eye and a capheta in for a few months doctors with rubber gloves poking about my ashole then numerous infections and further spells in hospital  and  then an operation , fine now but all that mostly down to not drinking enough water so the docs told me .
Report casemoney January 23, 2021 11:24 PM GMT
on the JIM BEAM Acey at the MO plenty of Ice  For me , No deal on the JD in the supermarkets what ever's on Offer I get Grin
Report casemoney January 23, 2021 11:25 PM GMT
Plenty of Ice with Mine  Foyles , Thank foook Laugh
Report casemoney January 23, 2021 11:28 PM GMT
H was with a Woman REG  , I doubt she seen him on the Month off ,was probably more contact when he was on the Rigs Laugh

Brilliant dart Player
Report casemoney January 23, 2021 11:28 PM GMT
He was
Report casemoney January 23, 2021 11:29 PM GMT
Hard to believe how Much things have changed 20/30 years was a different World back then Sad
Report acey deucy January 23, 2021 11:30 PM GMT
A bottle of J.D £26 reduced to £16 at Tescos all over Chrismas case....Drank myself silly.Laugh
Report acey deucy January 23, 2021 11:30 PM GMT
A bottle of J.D £26 reduced to £16 at Tescos all over Chrismas case....Drank myself silly.Laugh
Report GLASGOWCALLING January 23, 2021 11:31 PM GMT
Wisewords Foyles, if i think i am out for more than a few drinks i always have a glass or two of water during the

night. Never had any health probs .... luckily. Happy
Report smirnoff2therescue January 23, 2021 11:36 PM GMT
Foyles mate i can tick many of them boxes but thankfully for me someone actually did their job properly afta the obligatory finger up the bum routine from the local gp - went to see someone who knew what he was about who telt me some bad news but also telt me to go home and relax wiv a few sherberts to tekk me mind off things - 5-6 yrs on ive got two signed fotos of me hero Wazza who has been forced to go nicking copper piping cos he is destitute  according to the most famous copper on ere - god giv me strength lol- seriously lads ya a long time dead - enjoy how ya see fit whilst ya can - we are all different but just enjoy yasels cos we aint getting any younger LoveLoveLove
Report smirnoff2therescue January 23, 2021 11:36 PM GMT
Foyles mate i can tick many of them boxes but thankfully for me someone actually did their job properly afta the obligatory finger up the bum routine from the local gp - went to see someone who knew what he was about who telt me some bad news but also telt me to go home and relax wiv a few sherberts to tekk me mind off things - 5-6 yrs on ive got two signed fotos of me hero Wazza who has been forced to go nicking copper piping cos he is destitute  according to the most famous copper on ere - god giv me strength lol- seriously lads ya a long time dead - enjoy how ya see fit whilst ya can - we are all different but just enjoy yasels cos we aint getting any younger LoveLoveLove
Report dementia January 23, 2021 11:36 PM GMT
Every night its my one little pleasure
Report stewarty b January 23, 2021 11:38 PM GMT
egvarney
Date Joined: 03 Feb 04
24 Jan 21 00:18Joined: 03 Feb 04 | Topic/replies: 4,500 | Blogger: regvarney's blog
That's great, stew, I used to have a real good un but my gambling cost me that relationship.. I was a right idiot
Been with my missus now for last 26 years, was good until a few years ago and being together 24/7 cos of covid has made it worse. Don't know how much longer it will last sorry to say

Reg, in all seriousness  I truly hope things work out for you and your good lady. I lost most of my 'lady friends' through gambling. 26 years is a helluva long time. I sincerely hope things take a turn for the better. Christ, you've passed your silver doo. I'm in a slightly different position to yourself. Miss stew has her home and I have mine. I don't know your personal details reg but please, don't let it slip away. If you've been together for 26 years there has to be something there.

Like myself, sometimes being a gambler can distract you from a good relationship. Never be scared to eat humble pie my friend.

This coming from a geezer who has had eight 'bidey ins'..
Report FOYLESWAR January 23, 2021 11:40 PM GMT
reg wouldnt wish it on anyone got to the hospital at around 2 in the morning they didnt see me till around 3 by that time i thought i was going to explode ,anyway they were run off their feet and the doctor said i would have to wait longer as they wer very busy or if i wanted the said he could get a student nurse to put the tube in the japs eye to let the pish out , by that time i couldnt have cared less if a trained chimp was doing it all i wanted was the pressure relived anyway the nurse was an african who was as clumsey as fook and after about 5 attempts and a load of claret al over the shop  managed to shove the tube home ,when that pish started flowing it was the best feeling in the world . after i had the op the doc who did the operation reccomended you should drink at least 3 litres a day and that is not easy i can tell ya !
Report smirnoff2therescue January 23, 2021 11:52 PM GMT
try having an std as a youngin when you went to bog and tried to p1ss razorblades wiv nowt coming out

LaughLaughLaugh
Report smirnoff2therescue January 23, 2021 11:55 PM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_WLw_0DFQQ
Report FOYLESWAR January 23, 2021 11:59 PM GMT
yes reg imagine busting for a pish after 4 pints or so then not a drop comes out but still have the feeling of desperatly  want to pish but cant and your belly swelling up with the pints still inside ,the the tube was a lot wider than the japs eye and is pushed right down the main vein to the base of the old fella ,drink plenty of water chaps you dont want to experience this .
Report stewarty b January 24, 2021 12:01 AM GMT
reg, I'm no spring chicken and when you say 'there's nothing really left', of course there is. Like I said I don't know your private circumstances but trust me on one thing reg. You say. 't doesn't worry me being on my own'. That's fine reg, until you experience it.

We have had our ups and downs but with hand on heart I would be devastated if miss stew 'dumped' me for want of a better word. It's hard to give advice when one doesn't know the full circumstances but if I were you after 26 years together I would ....(providing you have feelings for the woman) surprise her on Valentines day with a fresh bouquet of flowers and a nice takeaway meal.

Granted that sounds so simplistic but why not give it a go?

I'm probably the worst one on here to give you advice but at least give it a thought. After all there had to be some attraction at the beginning.

It would do no harm in trying because I'm well aware of 'sourness' in a relationship.

Anyways reg, at least consider what I've said and remember there's two in any relationship.
Report FOYLESWAR January 24, 2021 12:04 AM GMT
shearer has been through a lot worse than me with his health problems but mine was avoidable ! he wasnt given any choice
Report FOYLESWAR January 24, 2021 12:08 AM GMT
anyways lads enjoy your tipple and good night sees ya tommorow good luck wi yer bets and health and relationships ! luckily my missus is fine with my gambling and even encourages me to bet !
Report smirnoff2therescue January 24, 2021 12:15 AM GMT
at the moment Foyles ive just had me picc line took out me arm Tues and right now me left arm looks like a slab of raw meat such was the devastation caused by applying various dressings by district nurses when cleaning my lines for past 4 weeks - but you know what im happy to be alive and enjoying life as best i can - and an itchy arm i can cope wiv

They mekk us tough up ere lol

Anutha karaoke fav coming up .......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwtdhWltSIg
Report FOYLESWAR January 24, 2021 12:20 AM GMT
the old racing /gambling keeps yer brain sharp ,can get through these lockdowns easy enough as long as the racing is on !
Report hello :-) January 24, 2021 12:22 AM GMT
aye shears

you never ever complain man , positivity of great benefit to anyone and everyone
Report FOYLESWAR January 24, 2021 12:24 AM GMT
good luck shears have you had the vaccine yet ? will you have it ?must be one of the 1st in line with your condition.
Report smirnoff2therescue January 24, 2021 12:33 AM GMT
aint had it yet but will deffo hav it when offered

Im glad salmons had it cos he will offer up a balanced view going forward - but fekk me mebbee its cos ive spent a lot of time in hospital ova past 5 yrs but wots not to like about having the chance to beat it if offered

PMA is the way forward hello wiv this disease - evry day is a skoolday so all i wud ask when those ads come on the tv is that you concentrate  on the cancer ones cos they are the most important ones for donations for the human species going forward
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com