Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Happy Valley
10 Sep 20 19:31
| Topic/replies: 3,322 | Blogger: Happy Valley's blog
has anyone else had their in-running bets voided in this race. If you backed a loser you should get your money back as I backed the winner as soon as they jumped and have been told the market has been voided as it "didn't turn in-play."

This is despite my bet having been clearly laid as the profit and loss were displayed
Pause Switch to Standard View 6.00 Chelmsford In-running bets voided
Show More
Report pablo-fanque September 10, 2020 7:36 PM BST
they usually void all in-running bets when there is a f~ck up

odd why there is no trace of "void" bets though in the account statement

definitely not odd that there is no communication to let us know what happened , why the bets are void , or an apology
Report john92 September 10, 2020 7:36 PM BST
Bets after the off time have rightly been voided
Report Happy Valley September 10, 2020 7:37 PM BST
i have no been given my bet reference number and plan to pursue this further as my bet was matched in-running
Report john92 September 10, 2020 7:38 PM BST
Totally erasing them from your bet history is pretty stupid though
Report Happy Valley September 10, 2020 7:39 PM BST
what was the ****-up btw as after my bet was struck i just watched the race not the market

and john92 i am interested in why you say it is fair to void my in-running bet?
Report john92 September 10, 2020 7:42 PM BST
The market was never put in play. There was no in running market. When this happens all bets placed after the off time and before the market is eventually suspended are voided. My bets were voided as I knew they would be when I noticed the market was not put in play.
Report Happy Valley September 10, 2020 7:49 PM BST
thanks John - as I said I wasn't watching the markets once my bet was struck, i just watched the race, I was only prepared to bet Luckiness if he jumped on terms.

what I don't get is how come it was possible to bet into the original each-way market after the off?

anyways, most vexatious, hard enough to bet a winner as it, without doing so and not getting paid!!!!
Report elise September 10, 2020 7:50 PM BST
you were able to bet after the race started because they never closed it, it was still the pre race market not an in running market
Report Happy Valley September 10, 2020 7:50 PM BST
must sleep now. look forward to reading any other contributions on the morrow
Report Happy Valley September 10, 2020 7:52 PM BST
elise - thank you. why couldn't they have explained this to me! As I said, once my bet was on, i was watching the race and not the markets
Report elise September 10, 2020 7:54 PM BST
i'd imagine that as with many things, front line customer service wouldn't have a clue, you stand a better chance with some of the regulars who see it happen week in week out
Report john92 September 10, 2020 8:02 PM BST
Elise is right... front line staff don't have a clue.
Report hulk23 September 10, 2020 8:07 PM BST
laid the johnstone when saw it was pulling (they don't win).  bet erased. 

presume if it had made all = loser.
Report elise September 10, 2020 8:07 PM BST
that aside, this is happening way too many times, i've seen one or two every night this week mainly usa, people with positions wanting to go in play are left hanging
Report pablo-fanque September 10, 2020 8:34 PM BST
people with positions wanting to go in play are left hanging

that is a big problem elise

betfair should have an option that you can select in your account where by if there is a problem with the in running market ,  you can say whether or not your pre race bets should stand , and if you select them to be cancelled betfair will take the liability themselves
Report elise September 10, 2020 9:16 PM BST
i think they cover themselves on almost every eventuality, it's the customer that carries the risks
Report Happy Valley September 11, 2020 5:10 AM BST
elise - yes very good point re pre-race positions, such as laying a backmarker on the expectation it will be bigger odds in-running and you can bet back.

is the market not going in-play just an accident?

or could it be related to pre-race betting?

it is damn annoying, whatever, because I only wanted to bet that winner if it jumped and i was on straight after it jumped on terms, never dawned on me that this scenario could happen otherwise i probably would have taken the chance at bet each-way at bigger odds pre-race
Report elise September 11, 2020 9:44 AM BST
the probable causes certainly in recent weeks have been either linked to late non runners or simply just failing to close at the off and restart as in running presumably there's some human error in there but i don't know how much is programmed/automated and how much is purely manual
Report elise September 11, 2020 9:47 AM BST
what i've noticed is more races suffering, it was rare on uk racing but we now see it weekly, i also do SA, USA and France and i've noticed on a bad day 2-3 can occur, i've had 3 this week so far, in addition there have been more delays in removing nr's, more markets set up with errors (such as nr's removed by mistake), missing silks, just to name a few
Report elise September 11, 2020 9:49 AM BST
one particular thing i've spotted a few times is a number of failure to go in running around 6pm, i wonder if it's staff change overs
Report sparrow September 11, 2020 10:11 AM BST
The failure to remove non runners has been an issue in Greyhound racing for a few months now and betfair clearly can no longer cope with managing a certain number of markets.
Report elise September 11, 2020 10:25 AM BST
i believe we're probably seeing either staff cuts taking effect or more likely some effects from home working as a result of covid, that's ok in that we might understand it if told but they have said nothing, equally the poor levels of service and the use of twitter/non exchange trained staff (as in full working knowledge) adds to the frustration
Report elise September 11, 2020 11:08 AM BST
i've not checked this, but there are a couple of threads relating to the portland missing a runner, that could lead to all bets pre the reinstatement being voided, they might let it go because they're getting slack but how do bettors/traders have a clue?
Report Happy Valley September 11, 2020 12:27 PM BST
Elise and Sparrow thank you very much for your informative posts

i'm mainly Hk and occasionally elsewhere - they have also missed runners in HK races from time to time. i've even contacted them in very good time before the start of the race to let them know and still they've done nothing. my personal feeling is that it is the creeping influence of PP.
Report sparrow September 11, 2020 12:42 PM BST
Happy Valley.....I just noticed we started on here the very same day 18 years ago.
Report Happy Valley September 11, 2020 6:45 PM BST
Bl00dy hell what an incredible coincidence. I particularly remember it because Topspeed Antony Harbidge told me about it and I didn't think it could possibly be true! A licence to print money I thought and proceeded to lay Marian Jones in the World Champs sprint at some ridiculous odds-on. She was beaten but then all gung-ho I layed some unheard of Irish golfer in the Swedish Open or Scandanavian Masters who was straight out of college in the States and led after the first round. I'll have him I thought. He turned into Graham McDowell and I did my balls!!!!
Report Happy Valley September 11, 2020 6:47 PM BST
Since then Sparrow I've been more a bettor than a layer and managed to survive as you clearly have, too. And long may it continue though last night was especially vexatious as I'd so got it into my head that if Luckiness jumped on terms, he'd win!
Report sparrow September 11, 2020 6:52 PM BST
I was still working when I joined happy valley and retired 5 years later. I just about hold my own on here but it's much harder these days and haven't bothered with boo.makers ever since. My bets are mostly in the place markets.
Report sparrow September 11, 2020 6:53 PM BST
*bookmakers.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com