Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
layingdoesntwork
11 Jul 20 16:12
| Topic/replies: 1,323 | Blogger: layingdoesntwork's blog
Running his heart out to possibly record an excellent day for his owners. That was sickening to see Cry

This sport is hard to watch at times.

R.I.P
Pause Switch to Standard View National Anthem
Show More
Report sixtwosix July 11, 2020 4:15 PM BST
Running away with a big prize for connections who I imagine rarely have one has good as this  .Sad
Report wondersobright July 11, 2020 4:18 PM BST
wouldn't have beaten the winner imo but v sad sight RIP Sad
Report the old nanny ;-) July 11, 2020 4:20 PM BST
Sad
Report Akak July 11, 2020 4:35 PM BST
Delayed the start, had to be reshod. Hope that had nothing to do with what happened. Horse was running a blinder. Heartbreaking for owners. Sad
Report Trusty July 11, 2020 4:42 PM BST
Not the first time I have seen a reshod horse breakdown in the race; is it a coincidence?
Report Stark July 11, 2020 4:48 PM BST
I remember Sir Erec in the 2019 Triumph Hurdle. Stood for ages like a lamb being reshod then broke a leg early in the race. Does make you wonder..?
Report wondersobright July 11, 2020 4:52 PM BST
you would hope that the BHA have stats on this

over to you BHA...
Report BlazingWalker July 12, 2020 10:21 AM BST
Too much of a coincidence for the re shoeing not to be a factor. If the racing industry really cares about equine welfare they must take a serious look at this as it’s far from the first time it’s happened.

When the shoe is lost maybe it’s slightly damages a joint or tendon before it’s had time to recover.
Report GEORGE.B July 12, 2020 11:28 AM BST
Before the horse reappeared in January, he'd been off for over a year, so perhaps there have been physical issues previously?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com