Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
laughingmike
14 Jun 20 12:56
| Topic/replies: 252 | Blogger: laughingmike's blog
I understand that when you log in to a bookmaker's website it captures the serial number of the device you are logging in from, as well as IP address, location etc. Does anyone know if you are using a 4g sender to go online whether the 4g sender device serial number is captured?

TIA
Pause Switch to Standard View Bookmaker tracking technology.
Show More
Report longbridge June 15, 2020 10:35 AM BST
The nearest thing to "the serial number of the device you are logging in from" that anything can capture is your MAC address - which is technically speaking a property of the network adaptor in your PC etc but for simplicity's sake is a unique number associated with your PC.

What do you mean by "4g sender device"?
Report laughingmike June 15, 2020 11:50 AM BST
Thanks longbridge.

I use a 4g router/sender to create a wifi connection, if I knew information wasn't collected about the router I could reuse them instead of buying a new one for each new person.
Report Wildcat Army. June 15, 2020 12:14 PM BST
Hills had my IP address at home and at work tracked as well as my 4g on my mobile.  Any account I used on any of those 3 platforms was instantly restricted and in some cases closed.

I ended up buying burner phones for a bit but I just felt more and more like a drug dealer, all to get £100 on a football match or something.

Haven't bet with them in any shape or form for a long time now, but probably that's what they wanted to hear.
Report laughingmike June 15, 2020 8:14 PM BST
Your burner phone is my new tablet, new SIM, new 4g router equivalent @Wildcat, being able to use old 4g routers would save me quite a few quid in the long run but until someone could 100% confirm that the router info isn't harvested I'll keep buying new ones!!!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com