Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
The Knight
24 Mar 20 11:35
| Topic/replies: 942 | Blogger: The Knight's blog
I hope I am very wrong but, as of today, hard to imagine the 2020 classics will be run anything like at their usual dates - if at all.

So, if they are not run why not run all 5 of them next year for 4yo's only?

The 3yo classics can still be run in 2021 but, in effect, also run this year's classics next year and have two lots. Don't allow any further entries beyond this year's entry dates.

Be good publicity for racing and give the three year olds of 2020 a chance to obtain classic-winning status for stud and prize money purposes.

No ideal solution to any of the problems we all face but perhaps this idea is one to consider?
Pause Switch to Standard View 2020 Classics in UK...an idea.
Show More
Report salmon spray March 24, 2020 10:56 AM GMT
Makes sense though you'd have a different type of horse winning I suspect.
Report foxy March 24, 2020 11:01 AM GMT
Unless the whole situation has been totally underestimated and I accept that’s possible,the classics will be run this year no idea how but they will be run.
Report EastLower Gooner March 24, 2020 11:45 AM GMT
Perhaps a more compact triple crown taking place over the course of a month imo

Could be the making of legend...or a very washed out horse :(

Poor Pinotubo...had the guineas at his mercy like Liverpool.
Report FOYLESWAR March 24, 2020 12:30 PM GMT
hope you are right foxy and salmon
Report Johnny_Mustang March 24, 2020 12:33 PM GMT
They'll probably be run on a mixed card at Kempton's Boxing Day meeting at this rate.
Report salmon spray March 24, 2020 3:52 PM GMT
I was thinking along those lines JM,but surely after 250 years you can't run the classics on plastic      Shocked
Report equine flew March 24, 2020 4:08 PM GMT
We could actually see the guineas being run after the Derby
Report mrcombustible March 24, 2020 4:11 PM GMT
Retribution for the Sheikh
Report Fourgoldcups March 24, 2020 4:59 PM GMT
Johnny, that made me laugh, which takes some doing at the moment. Interesting idea The Knight. Agree with Foxy and ELG.  For what it's worth, I am pessimistic and cannot see any meeting taking place in the UK before July. For the sake of something to do, I suggest :-

1. Cancel all races that would be run prior to resumption (I am assuming July 1st)
2. Run the Eclipse. No 3yo's would run anyway.
3. Run both 1000G and 2000G at July meeting.
4. Squeeze in the Derby and Oaks in a newly created meeting at Epsom on 18th July.
5. KG and Goodwood as normal.
6. August onwards as normal.

There isn't much for 4yo's+ before June anyway (once you have lost Royal Ascot). They would have Eclipse, KG and Goodwood. 3yo's would have classics. The International at York would become the first clash of the generations.

I'd settle for that tbh. I am resigned to not seeing a race on the course until mid-July at the earliest. These restrictions will be very, very hard to remove so as to justify the resumption of any sport I fear.
Good luck to you all.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com