Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
happysandwich
12 Mar 20 18:59
| Topic/replies: 3,081 | Blogger: happysandwich's blog
Q and A’s regarding the competition format and rules.

How many selections must be made?

Over the month entrants must make 1 selection on at least 25 days.Anyone can join in at any time as long as this criteria can be met, so for the January comp, the 7th would be the latest possible time to join in.

The calculation for no shows which cannot be exceeded is Days Of The Month - 25
So for January 31-25 = 6 possible days when an entrant can refrain from offering a selection

Void runners will not be viewed in the same way.Whilst Substitutes can be offered along with the primary selection on any given day following all the usual rules, a failure to have offered up a substitute to replace a void runner will not be used as a strike in the same way as a No Show.So in theory for a month, an entrant may still be accepted for posting less than 25 selections so long as the no show limit is not exceeded.

Can I change my selection once it’s been posted.?

You can only change your selection IF it is either deemed void OR it is nonsensical, ie a horse that doesn’t exist given in error. If sub(s) have been offered they will be used instead.If no sub has been offered and the selection deemed void you can post another selection so long as it’s BEFORE the 15 min before first race time limit.

What criteria do selections need to satisfy?

Selections must be of odds no greater than 6.0 in any UK or IRE race under rules win or STANDARD place markets on Betfair.

Are win and place markets settled in the same way?

Win markets allow for a choice between an early price to be taken or BFSP, whereas place markets will ALWAYS be settled at BFSP.The reason for the difference being the sluggish liquidity difference between those markets and thus the credibility of early prices.

When must selections be posted? (please read this carefully)

A selections thread for the following days racing will usually be posted between 6-7pm, in the event I am not around at this time the selections thread may be put up sooner.Anyone who needs to post a selection sooner than the next days thread being active can message me and I will make sure their entry along with any substitutes is posted on that day’s selections thread.

The competition will have 2 phases for the selections process.
Phase 1 will be from the time the selections thread is posted until 8am the following day (race day).

In this phase there is an opportunity primarily for those that are not around on race day to still be able to take part.Selections given during this time will be settled at BFSP unless a bet meeting the competition liability (current bank / 20) is posted on the selections thread to show it was feasible. The reason for this request at this stage is the volatility and slackness of the market and subsequent ?? over the credibility of an early price taken.

Eg the starting liability in the comp is £50 so a qualifying bet at the stated price must be posted for a minimum of that liability to be settled as such.

Selections posted with prices that aren’t verified in the above fashion will still be allowed but settled at BFSP so long as they still satisfy the price limit of max odds 6.0.

Entrants are more than welcome to offer up to 2 substitutes to back up their primary entry in the event of that runner being deemed void.If 2 substitutes are offered they will replace the void selection in the order they are posted. In the unfortunate event the substitute(s) are also deemed void the entrant will be put down as a void selection day.

Eg
16:00 Haydock First Selection
Sub 15:55 Catterick Second Selection
Sub 13:20 Southwell Third Selection

Where 2 Subs are given they will be chosen in order posted rather than time of races.

Phase 2 will be from 8am until t-15mins of the FIRST RACE OF THE DAY (so if the first race of the day is 12:00 ALL ENTRIES FOR THE DAY must be in by no later than 11:45am.Any Entries past this time will not be allowed!

In this phase of the market, Entrants can take an early price (no posted bet required) as last price matched when posting or leave their selection to be settled at BFSP.Note again that place market selections will always be settled at BFSP at whatever phase of the markets.

How are selections staked and returns calculated?

Selections are staked to a fixed 5% liability of an entrant’s current bank with a 2% commission rate which recently has become widely available on Betfair.

Where a price has been taken this will be used in settlement even if the BFSP returns greater than the permitted 6.0 max limit.
If deductions occur in the market after this price was taken, the taken price will be adjusted accordingly and so will the relevant staking for that selection to stay at the 5% liability of current bank.

Where a price has not been taken settlement will as in phase 1 of the market be at BFSP.

Where can the current standings be seen and who wins the comp?

The days results will be posted on the days selections thread on this forum, the overall standings will be over on the Your Comps forum.The winner will be the entrant with the biggest bank at the end of the month.
Pause Switch to Standard View Lay Naps Comp March 2020 - Friday...
Show More
Report stridingedge March 12, 2020 6:18 PM GMT
Thanks Happy you can stand down after this fred. Wink

Thanks to Madhatters for his efforts of help too.

Both of you. Cool
Report Airman March 12, 2020 8:25 PM GMT
South 19:00 Aleef - Place thanks to all and good to hear your on the mend SE, cheers.
Report six_six_six March 12, 2020 8:48 PM GMT
Medalla de Oro 3,15 Fakenham

Thanks
Report happysandwich March 12, 2020 9:36 PM GMT
No probs Striding.

Certainly makes everyone realise the time and effort you put into making this such a fun competition.

Beats real gambling - certainly cheaper. Laugh

If it’s OK with you I’ll put up my little chart after the cut-off time Friday then call that a day. Anyone can continue that on their own.

Hope you continue to improve health-wise.
Report uptheboro March 12, 2020 9:39 PM GMT
Aleef - 7.00 Southwell

Cheers
Report invicta March 12, 2020 10:48 PM GMT
Claudius Secundus  2.20 Lingfield

thanks  striding.
Report madhatter March 12, 2020 11:44 PM GMT
Well done Happy and Mads.

All gone t1ts up for me last two days....SadSadSad

Santini [place] - 3.30 Cheltenham please
Report angeleyz March 13, 2020 1:07 AM GMT
thyme hill - 2.50 cheltenham place lay

ty
Report SontaranStratagem March 13, 2020 2:01 AM GMT
Miss Elsa 1:45 Lingfield

Thanks Happy and speedy recovery SE
Report bustino March 13, 2020 2:39 AM GMT
2.50 Chetleham Thyme hill place lay............hope ur feeling better Stride seems like a bad dose uve got.

Kealy the tipster today said Tizzards horses are running like theyre lugging an Anvil around with them............Same can be said of Hobbs horses.....had a nice book of entries not one has hit the frame........Would have been interested in his horse in the Martin Pipe but wont touch it due to stable form
Report impossible123 March 13, 2020 7:54 AM GMT
Presenting Percy and Solo - a 'lay'.
Report FOYLESWAR March 13, 2020 8:04 AM GMT
imp read the rules
Report exactaman March 13, 2020 8:22 AM GMT
5.00 Lingfield | Fortune Finder |

Many Thx Striding/Happy/Mad.

Good to hear your getting better Striding..Cool
Report sonofshinner March 13, 2020 9:05 AM GMT
Fake 3.55 Starsky @3.7.nice to have you back stride..respect to happy for keeping it going.
Report posy March 13, 2020 9:29 AM GMT
samovar  19.00sou @ 5.9
Report Trusty March 13, 2020 9:36 AM GMT
Minella Rocco - 4.10 Cheltenham Place Lay

Thanks & glad you are feeling better.
Report happysandwich March 13, 2020 9:39 AM GMT

Cheltenham 1:30 Goshen

Sub :
Fakenham 5:10 The Tourard Man

Good luck today everyone.
Report stridingedge March 13, 2020 9:42 AM GMT
This really is a sh1tty virus. Devil went to bed cold last night and twice in night had to change tops as soaked with sweat.

DAY 7 with it today and still well run down, ear ache,sinus pain feeling pretty grotty still. Cry

On the bright side cough is getting better every day, almost gone now. Happy
Report Celeric March 13, 2020 9:50 AM GMT
4.10 minella Rocco
Report Celeric March 13, 2020 9:50 AM GMT
4.10 minella Rocco
Report posy March 13, 2020 9:50 AM GMT
Sounds awful striding , am surprised you've managed to get back onto the forum feeling like that ...have you any idea where you picked it up ?
Report smirnoff2therescue March 13, 2020 9:52 AM GMT
Will either gag up or finish out the back of the telly so......

Goshen - 1.30 Cheltenham - place lay
Report stridingedge March 13, 2020 10:08 AM GMT
Posy

I don't know where but suspect perhaps supermarket but of course friends may be carriers without showing.

Local GP surgery texted today NO face to face appointments whatsoever at surgery now until further notice.

I was round a friends last friday morning for a couple of hours when I obviously had it just before symptoms. He has a brain tumour and muscular dystrophy. He is ok but it shows just how potentially dangerous the spread can be for vulnerable people!

I would only imagine that the numbers of confirmed cases are now a complete drop in the ocean of what's really kicking about. Cry
Report bustino March 13, 2020 10:22 AM GMT
is it definetly the corona virus do u live with others.......do u have to keep urself apart from rest of household............there is some gulots out there there was picture of guy buying 2 dozen dove hand soap what about other that want a bar
Report posy March 13, 2020 10:26 AM GMT
Hitherto I've been somewhat indifferent about changing my day to day way of life but, having read what you're going through actually helps me to better understand what's going on ; brings it closer to home so to speak, more so than just listening to the chief medical officer speaking on the radio.
Report Andrew.in.Sweden March 13, 2020 10:34 AM GMT
Roca Magica - 1.35 Lingfield

Good luck all
Report Andrew.in.Sweden March 13, 2020 10:37 AM GMT
Striding

Sorry to read your news, hope you make significant improvement quickly. Get well soon.
Report Aquarius March 13, 2020 10:37 AM GMT
13.45 Lingfield - Ruby Gates (5.4)
Report stridingedge March 13, 2020 10:40 AM GMT
Bustino, I have not been tested and was told that testing was finished a few days ago UNLESS you end up in hospital, the numbers are too high now and mapping contacts at this stage would be completely futile, it's too far gone.

I very rarely get a cough and have never as I recall started any illness with a cough. I always have tended to start colds/flu with sore throat/runny nose. Maybe further down the line have developed a chesty cough secondary usually the last stage.

Whatever this is it's been brutal for 7 days the muscle aches definitely the worst in my experience. TBH I don't want to contemplate it not being CV as the thought I could still get that on top of such a bad other strain of normal flu is too depressing! I am also in an area (Oxfordshire) that's a hotspot in the region with a big jump in cases recent days.

I do live on my own but have told friends and family I won't be seeing them for a week after symptoms have gone.Anyone who goes about with these sorts of symptoms now should really have a big think about what they are doing.
Report flatcap March 13, 2020 10:54 AM GMT
1.45L Miss Elsa 2.5LPM

Thanks Striding good to have you back
Report stridingedge March 13, 2020 11:07 AM GMT
Thanks Andrew Wink

Just wrap up with best wishes to all and their closest on the forum to stay healthy over the next few months with this.

I know plenty on here are of course coping with very serious health issues of their own so big apologies if I have appeared self indulgent.
Report flushgordon1 March 13, 2020 11:13 AM GMT
Blackcastle Storm Southwell 7.30 @2.44
Report rob22 March 13, 2020 11:14 AM GMT
Ruby Gates 1.45 Ling 5.9
Good to see you back Striding.hope you soon recover
Report stewarts rise March 13, 2020 12:04 PM GMT
Gorgeous General-6.00 Southwell-Place Market.

Thanks SE.
Report stridingedge March 13, 2020 12:10 PM GMT
The tables are actually up to date in your comps now.

BUT after all the catching up I just want to chill out this afternoon so Friday update may not be until tomorrow morning.

I am hoping to be scoring as normal from tomorrow. A few have not posted for a few days on the bounce now so I hope they are ok.
Report stewarts rise March 13, 2020 12:10 PM GMT
What age are you striding? Really hope you're over the worst of it, don't know wether it's better to live on your own when you're ill but at least it reduces the risk of family getting it, all the best mate.
Report stridingedge March 13, 2020 12:12 PM GMT
38 going on 78 this week Stew.
Report Andrew.in.Sweden March 13, 2020 12:15 PM GMT
Here is München, in the aersopace centre canteen, there are notices stating you have to sit a minimum of 1 metre to the next person. Table settings and chair arrangements reflect this. If you want Salt and Pepper etc. you have to bring your own. All cutlery is handed out in pre-packed envelopes.

Same sitting distance apart applies in meetings.

All foreign travel on company business is forbidden.
Report stewarts rise March 13, 2020 12:30 PM GMT
Hopefully you'll be ok then SE, young and strong enough to fight it off, best wishes.
Report madhatters March 13, 2020 12:50 PM GMT
Full Irish 5.10 Fake
PL Lay

Cheers Stride
No probs
Hope it helped in some way
Report Burkey1885 March 13, 2020 12:55 PM GMT
Cool well 1.55 fake
Report Burkey1885 March 13, 2020 12:57 PM GMT
As long as your not burning up stride u be ok
Very high temp dodgy   U must be bad not posting around Chelt
Chin up pal
Report 11kv March 13, 2020 1:04 PM GMT
19.30 Southwell --Blackcastle Storm 2.38

Cheers Striding
Report Lucky Luciano March 13, 2020 1:05 PM GMT
Striding
Glad your feeling a little better must be quite frightening
hope you are up and about soon as

billaway  place lay 4.10 cheltenham 

GL all today
Report The Management March 13, 2020 1:09 PM GMT
15:40 Lingfield: Heer We Go Again (Place Lay)

All the best Striding.
Report FOYLESWAR March 13, 2020 1:10 PM GMT
14.50 cheltenham .thyne hill ...place lay thanks and speedy recovery stride
Report stridingedge March 13, 2020 1:11 PM GMT
1:30 Chel Goshen 3.75
Report madhatters March 13, 2020 1:41 PM GMT
Luck of the Stride Grin
Thousands done there
Report stridingedge March 13, 2020 1:54 PM GMT
Realized pretty last minute I was on the No Show limit so first fav of the day BOT took over.

Won't be luckier than that in the comp for a good while! Plain
Report happysandwich March 13, 2020 2:09 PM GMT
Still two results to come Cheltenham 3:30 and Southwell 7:30.

Will call it a day there but interesting results though.

Selection  (with price taken)        Betfair        Won        Lost   
    SontaranStratagem                Odds                   
    10th March        4:10 Cheltenham Benie Des Dieux        1.66        £50.00           
    11th        1:30 Cheltenham  Envoi Allen        1.61                -£30.50   
    12th        No bet                           
    13th        1:45 Lingfield Miss Elsa        1.93        £50.00           
    14th                                   
    15th                                   
    16th                                   

Totals        £100.00        -£30.50   

madhatter                                   
    10th March        5:30 Cheltenham Carefully Selected        2.12        £50.00           
    11th        1:20 Lingfield  Abel Tasman [p]        1.98                -£49.00   
    12th        2:10 Cheltenham  The Storyteller [p]        2.52                -£76.00   
    13th        3:30 Cheltenham  Santini [p]                           
    14th                                   
    15th                                   
    16th                                   

Totals        £50.00        -£125.00   
    Andrew.in.Sweden                                   
    10th March        5:30 Cheltenham Carefully Selected        2.12        £50.00           
    11th        5:50 Kempton  Believe in Love           3.74                -£137.00   
    12th        No bet                           
    13th        1:45 Lingfield  Roca Magica        3.35        £50.00           
    14th                                   
    15th                                   
    16th                                   

Totals        £100.00        -£137.00   
    Flushgordon1                                   
    10th March        5:30 Cheltenham Carefully Selected (p)        1.44        £50.00           
    11th        4:10 Cheltenham  Tiger Roll        1.81        £50.00           
    12th        1:30 Cheltenham Samcro (p)        2.00                -£50.00   
    13th        7:30 Southwell Blackcastle Storm 2.44        2.44                   
    14th                                   
    15th                                   
    16th                                   

Totals        £100.00        -£50.00   
    flatcap                                   
    10th March        3:45 Southwell Puchita        2.75        £50.00           
    11th        1:45 Huntingdon Prince Llywelyn 4.00        4.00        £50.00           
    12th        1:15 Doncaster Glenduff        3.15        £50.00           
    13th        1:45 Lingfield  Miss Elsa 2.5 LPM        2.50        £50.00           
    14th                                   
    15th                                   
    16th                                   

Totals        £200.00        £0.00   
    Happysandwich                                   
    10th March        1:30 Cheltenham Asterion Forlonge        3.55        £50.00           
    11th        2:10 Cheltenham Minella Indo        4.98        £50.00           
    12th        1:15 Doncaster The Macon Lugnatic        15/8                -£93.75   
    13th        1:30 Cheltenham  Goshen        3.92        £50.00           
    14th                                   
    15th                                   
    16th                                   

Totals        £150.00        -£93.75   
Report FOYLESWAR March 13, 2020 2:17 PM GMT
the massh higer is on fire wi the lays !
Report stridingedge March 13, 2020 6:59 PM GMT
Table will be updated early Saturday morning, I've had enough today after the earlier backdating.
Report FOYLESWAR March 13, 2020 7:27 PM GMT
ok stridey have a rest mate put yer feet up an relax
Report SontaranStratagem March 13, 2020 7:42 PM GMT
Don't worry about tables SE we are still even half way yet long way to go

Great you are still updating us even
Report madhatters March 13, 2020 7:58 PM GMT
Get a break soon Stride
Think the plug will be pulled on racing
Report Burkey1885 March 13, 2020 8:56 PM GMT
Started closed doors already Dundalk behind closed doors
Report SontaranStratagem March 13, 2020 8:56 PM GMT
What happens to the comp? Laugh

Do we pause it and have some sort of playoffs between the top 4?

MischiefLaugh
Report Burkey1885 March 13, 2020 8:57 PM GMT
Some had more sel than others wd have to even things up
Report SontaranStratagem March 13, 2020 8:58 PM GMT
if its cancelled we roll the scores over to the day it restarts (example 10th April) and carry on from there?
Report FOYLESWAR March 13, 2020 9:03 PM GMT
yes thats the sensible option sonta
Report FOYLESWAR March 13, 2020 9:06 PM GMT
some good layers in his comp ,am a backer normally but learning this laying game ,by the way how many are actually laying thier selections for money
? i have started laying mine for small amounts anyone else lay thiers .
Report stridingedge March 14, 2020 9:00 AM GMT

Entrant        Selection        Race        Odds        BFSP        Re        su        lt        Stake        RaceP&L   

11kv        Blackcastle Storm        19:30 Sout        2.38        2.50        1        /        10        39.11        -53.98   
    Airman        Aleef (p)        19:00 Sout        1.70        1.70        4        /        7        65.66        64.35   
    Andrew.in.Sweden        Roca Magica        13:45 Ling        3.35        3.35        3        /        5        24.44        23.95   
    angeleyz        Thyme Hill (p)        14:50 Chel        2.27        2.27        4        /        19        40.53        39.72   
    Aquarius        Ruby Gates        13:45 Ling        5.40        6.81        1        /        5        12.50        -54.99   
    Burkey 1885        Cool Well        13:55 Fake        3.10        3.10        2        /        5        28.25        27.68   
    bustino        Thyme Hill (p)        14:50 Chel        2.27        2.27        4        /        19        40.36        39.55   
    Celeric        Minella Rocco VOID        16:10 Chel        6.82        6.82        5        /        21                   
    dukeofpuke        No Selection                                                                   
    east end boy        No Selection                                                                   
    exactaman        Fortune Finder        17:00 Ling        2.14        2.14        4        /        8        37.78        37.03   
    flatcap        Miss Elsa        13:45 Ling        2.50        1.93        4        /        5        37.81        37.05   
    flushgordon1        Blackcastle Storm        19:30 Sout        2.44        2.50        1        /        10        41.41        -59.62   
    FOYLESWAR        Thyme Hill (p)        14:50 Chel        2.27        2.27        4        /        19        46.74        45.81   
    GLASGOWCALLING        No Selection                                                                   
    happysandwich        Goshen        13:30 Chel        3.92        3.92        U        /        13        18.61        18.23   
    Invicta        Claudius Secundus        14:20 Ling        4.43        4.43        2        /        11        15.62        15.31   
    Lucky Luciano        Billaway (p)        16:10 Chel        1.79        1.79        2        /        21        69.24        -54.70   
    madhatter        Santini (p)        15:30 Chel        2.70        2.70        2        /        12        34.23        -58.19   
    madhatters        Full Irish (p)        17:10 Fake        4.05        4.05        1        /        5        17.20        -52.46   
    Movewiththetimes        No Selection                                                                   
    OilyWragg        No Selection                                                                   
    Posy        samovar        19:00 Sout        5.90        6.20        3        /        7        9.72        9.52   
    prepared83        No Selection                                                                   
    rob22        Ruby Gates        13:45 Ling        5.90        6.81        1        /        5        9.54        -46.73   
    six six six        Medalla De Oro        15:15 Fake        3.34        3.34        1        /        8        22.64        -52.97   
    smirnofftotherescue        Goshen (p)        13:30 Chel        1.65        1.65        U        /        13        73.61        72.14   
    sonofshinner        Starsky        15:55 Fake        3.70        5.42        3        /        10        19.94        19.54   
    SontaranStratagem        Miss Elsa        13:45 Ling        1.93        1.93        4        /        5        66.75        65.41   
    stewarts rise        Gorgeous General (p)        18:00 Sout        2.06        2.06        5        /        11        50.74        49.72   
    stridingedge        Goshen        13:30 Chel        3.75        3.92        U        /        13        18.97        18.59   
    The Management        Heer We Go Again (p)        15:40 Ling        2.69        2.69        5        /        7        31.24        30.62   
    Trusty        Minella Rocco (p)        16:10 Chel        2.70        2.70        5        /        21        25.68        25.17   
    uptheboro        Aleef        19:00 Sout        2.81        2.81        4        /        7        29.70        29.10   

Thread Total £234.83 
Month Total £1,847.03
Report stridingedge March 14, 2020 9:08 AM GMT
Table has been updated in Your Comps.
Report smirnoff2therescue March 14, 2020 9:26 AM GMT
Mcfabulous - 2.05 Kempton 3.6
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com