Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Hibore
17 Dec 19 19:00
| Topic/replies: 2,719 | Blogger: Hibore's blog
After a number of abortive attempts over the years I’ve finally bought into two horses and become an owner of sorts. A 3 year old filly with Henderson (7.5%) and a 5 year old point to point winner with Pipe (5%). Done it through Middleham as friends have had good experiences with them.

It’s either Plumpton or Cheltenham in 12 months time. Time to dream now.

Any other “owners” got any advice ?
Pause Switch to Standard View Taking the plunge and buying into a...
Show More
Report maleuk01. February 24, 2021 10:37 AM GMT
dunno why i thought £300k, i think you said Paros £250k. Not sure re go Chique cost. Can understand waiting for spring and good ground especially if got a very nice handicap mark.

Would have thought if crossing lines was fit could run him in some bumpers (as i though bumpers where the original plan anyway) and a novice hurdle campaign next year before hopefully jumping. Seems he still has a niggling injury to keep him out for rest of the season.

Paros price is becoming very very tempting now!

I bet the nerves are starting to tingle now, good luck to you. Hope he bolts in and you can have a cack at the Triumph.
Report GLASGOWCALLING February 24, 2021 10:42 AM GMT
Good luck Hibore. Hopefully a combination of better ground, being ridden nearer the pace and not so fresh will see

him in a better light. Happy
Report Hibore February 24, 2021 11:20 AM GMT
Cheers guys. We are being positive today and hope he settles up front. I’ll be betting in running if he does Laugh
The ability is there we just need him to do what he did in France rather than Sandown.
Report the dealer February 24, 2021 1:44 PM GMT
Big price good luck
Report Whippin Piccadilly February 24, 2021 1:50 PM GMT
Selling hurdle class
Report maleuk01. February 24, 2021 1:53 PM GMT
9/4 suckered me in Cry

Not sure what can be said about that run, it was worse than its first run.

Never looked comftable, may not like the hadgear and prob better off going right handed.

Keep your chin up.
Report tips February 24, 2021 1:54 PM GMT
o God looks a monkey needs to go right handed but not showing his french form
Report the dealer February 24, 2021 1:56 PM GMT
A sore one, fingers crossed they can find the key to her or she has something up with her that they haven't seen and they can get it sorted.
Report irishone February 25, 2021 9:31 PM GMT
Jees lads this is just a four year old
Give it a chance ffs
Difficult ride for anyone
Just finding out the score
Henderson will know whether to get rid
Or if it is worth training it
No wiser man over there
Report jackboo February 26, 2021 9:24 AM GMT
you are mad , thay runningem for there self what a way to make money
Report maleuk01. March 14, 2021 5:19 PM GMT
Good luck tomm with Go Chique, 108 not a bad mark, but looks a competitive race.

How is Paros after his last run?
Report Hibore March 14, 2021 6:42 PM GMT
Hi Maleuk,

Chique shouldn’t have run last time on the soft ground at Ludlow. We knew she loves good ground but Nicky decided to let her run as full brother Christmas in April who loves the soft. We now know she won’t be going anywhere near very soft ground ever again. She’s not been back that long from a break and will come on for the run but she’ll appreciate the ground.

Paros is a bit of a mystery. He wore a stronger bit to settle him after pulling at Sandown and came back with a cut mouth. He does hang a bit that way but he was distressed after 100 yards. He’ll be out again soon most likely right handed.

This horse ownership isn’t straightforward Laugh
Report maleuk01. March 14, 2021 7:11 PM GMT
Think you should always try them on soft going, at least twice (not neccasrily back to back). One bad performance could just be an off day.

Got to know if they act on it, as if not it limits your options throughout the season.

you deserve some luck in this game, those big money purchases dont gaurentee success.

Pity really with so few runners in the triumph as well, and the Fred Winter low 120's can get in this year!
Report maleuk01. March 15, 2021 6:29 PM GMT
Unlucky today.

Thought with the fav withdrawn had a chance. But drifted to a huge price.

Think 2m may more suitable, but she doesnt find much of the bridle as seemed to be going very well for most of the race.
Report Hibore March 15, 2021 6:59 PM GMT
Really pleased with her today. Just blew up in the straight as we thought she might and betting told you.
Travelled best of all and jumped really well...finished tired so 2 weeks should be spot on.
Maybe 2 miles and force the pace a bit more next time.
Report maleuk01. March 15, 2021 7:08 PM GMT
Esp if dropped a pound or 2 will help, then a good lumpy bet next time Silly
Report Hibore March 15, 2021 7:11 PM GMT
If you message me I’ll keep you updated.

Are you ready for Cheltenham?
Report maleuk01. March 20, 2021 9:37 PM GMT
134 rating for Paros, could have ran in the Fred Winter

the 2 entries look easier and both on right handed tracks, interesting to see how he goes.
Report maleuk01. March 25, 2021 7:09 PM GMT
2 horse race tomm?
Report Brian March 26, 2021 2:02 PM GMT
Congratulations Hibore. Jumping won it.
Report the dealer March 26, 2021 2:04 PM GMT
WD its amazing how things change, like I said earlier the bad days make the good days feel even better.
Report zipperdidoda March 26, 2021 2:09 PM GMT
brill! onwards and upwards. well played
Report happysandwich March 26, 2021 2:18 PM GMT
Hibore,

Very well done, that run will have put you back on cloud nine.

I didn’t bet on the race but watching it I thought he might run out of steam and get swallowed up but he just drew clear after the last fence.

Pleased for you.
Report LoyalHoncho March 26, 2021 2:29 PM GMT
Well done Hibore - you were terrific in posting this and opening up your soul to us all.  Sincerely hope he can go in again for you.  Muss. seemed to suit him.
Report maleuk01. March 26, 2021 5:51 PM GMT
Congrats! won well.

On to better things with that one Grin
Report Hibore March 26, 2021 6:02 PM GMT
Cheers guys. Didn’t see you had posted earlier.

Yes, hopefully on to better things. Bowen was very pleased with him and suggested he’d stay bit further as well.
Could be out in next week or so under double penalty or handicap depending what they do to his mark.

What a difference 3 weeks makes. Despair to Joy Laugh
Report the dealer March 26, 2021 6:15 PM GMT
I know the despair all to well with Aislabie, nicely handicapped after 3 runs, drove 4 and a bit hours to get to Pontefract, came out the stalls and was beat after 100yds, I will hever forget watching it finish about a furlong behind the winer.
Report irishone March 28, 2021 8:53 AM BST
Which part ofthe horse

Do you actually own Hibore

For your less than 10% ?
Report Hibore March 28, 2021 9:32 AM BST
We take it in turns to own different parts of him. I’ve got rear hind leg currently.

If you fancy investing £5-£10k in a promising youngster at Henderson’s there are a few available at the moment. I might join you...what do you think ?
Report irishone March 28, 2021 10:18 AM BST
When you get the bollox
Have the straws ready
Laugh
Report Hibore March 28, 2021 10:40 AM BST
Bez racing club might be more your budget.
Report irishone March 28, 2021 2:29 PM BST
Well known
For talking out your own backside
But i didnt realise
You were talking out
Of your horses r s

Pass it on quick son !
Report Hibore April 6, 2021 5:28 PM BST
Paros declared for Doom Bar Juvenile Grade 1 on Thursday.

Up against two very good horses but we will give it a go Cool
Report stewarty b April 6, 2021 5:33 PM BST
Good luck Hibore.
Report Hibore April 6, 2021 6:12 PM BST
Cheers Stew.

Just been sent the tickets as owner as well !

I’m going Laugh[:laugh
Report the dealer April 6, 2021 6:14 PM BST
Good luck, chasing some decent prize money, heres to a good run and coming back safely
Report maleuk01. April 6, 2021 6:27 PM BST
Only concern is Aintree is right handed.

Guess you have to give it a go and see what happens.

I like Adagio in that race.

14/1 you are so big potential returns., on top of £42k to the winner.

I dont know how Middleham gaurentee 1 owners badge for a 2.5% share and 2 badges if 5% or more which is very good.
Report maleuk01. April 6, 2021 6:28 PM BST
left hand rather, thin Paros may prefer right handed like last time
Report Hibore April 6, 2021 6:43 PM BST
Hi Maleuk,

The course is a bit of a concern but he’s been going left handed on the all weather at home and not hanging one bit. Nicky says we might visit the car park or Anfield on the way round but it’s worth a go on Thursday.
I’d be happy with a good run and come home safe as you said. Nothing to lose.

Middleham Park have been very fair with the ticket allocation. I think I was lucky to get 2 out of the 6 this time. I didn’t get ticket at Sandown so that helped here.
Never been to Aintree and what a days racing.

Can’t wait Cool
Report maleuk01. April 6, 2021 6:50 PM BST
on their website it say's you are gaurenteed a ticket for 2.5% ownership and 2 badgers if 5% or more.

Wether that is non covid, but that could be 40 owners badgers if everyone turns up.

I am sure you will have a great day, will be an amazing buzz.

Even more so when crowds are back.

Fingers crossed for you. If it wins and you own 5% thats over £2k in prize money as well!
Report Hibore April 6, 2021 7:14 PM BST
They did get the badges pre COVID. My mate has had horses for years with them and always got a badge.

I’ve been 4 out of my possible 7 runs so far so pretty good in the circumstances in the last 12 months.

Very happy with Middleham so far.
Report Brian April 6, 2021 8:46 PM BST
Hibore, if Paros is competitive at the business end on Thursday then you will know you got a decent horse. It should be a great day to be there, good luck.
Report workrider April 6, 2021 9:01 PM BST
Yes Hibore have a great day and enjoy it fully mate...
Report LoyalHoncho April 8, 2021 1:08 PM BST
Good luck Hibore/Paros today.  I look forward to your post-win, socially distanced, interview with Matt Chapman.   Have a copy of the RP under your left arm for ID purposes.  Cool
Report irishone April 8, 2021 2:17 PM BST
Lads he owns less than ten per cent of the horse allegedly
He aint got a fecking clue how fit it is
These racing clubs aint in it for the members benefit !
Report Brian April 8, 2021 7:52 PM BST
Irishone, He's having a good experience and fun. There are worse ways of spending money as you probably know.
Report maleuk01. April 8, 2021 9:20 PM BST
5% is still a decent share gives you 2 owners badge each race, plus win a big pot, as if today, its a good chunk of prize money.

Plus as Brian say's you get all the fun of the fair.

Cannot be mixed up with the clubs with 10,000 members, they arent worth tupence.

Today wasnt his day, still a tendancy to jump to the right.
Report mrcombustible April 8, 2021 9:23 PM BST
5% gets 2 owners badges?

Doubt that as otherwise a horse would get 40 badges.
Report maleuk01. April 8, 2021 9:38 PM BST
thats what it say's on middleham park website, and 2.5% gives you 1 owners badge
Report Davros April 8, 2021 11:02 PM BST
Unlucky today Hibore.  Hope the horse came home safely.

This thread is interesting and I hope you'll continue to update it.  Henderson's thoughts and campaigning of the horse have been a bit of an eye-opener.  He gives the impression that he doesn't have much of a clue.  Maybe it's my expectations that are unrealistic.
Report irishone April 9, 2021 6:43 AM BST
Spot on davros. Also applies to Mullins , o brien , Elliot et al
If that horse wakes up on the wrong side of the stable.
There isnt a thing anyone on this planet can do about it.
You can only dream !
Report irishone April 9, 2021 6:46 AM BST
Brian, hes going through a learning curve
Some have already reached the bottom
Report Hibore April 9, 2021 7:47 AM BST
Had an amazing day yesterday. Aintree couldn’t have been more hospitable in the circumstances providing a nice two course meal and access to their hospitality boxes to watch the racing. We used the Talksport box which had an amazing view of the track from the Queen Mother stand.

Before our race we met up with the other 4 owners of Paros and 6 for Fiveandtwenty for a meeting with Nicky and Donald to argue who was going to lead Laugh
It was soon agreed that Paros was more likely to settle better in behind and we didn’t want to lose any chance for both horses taking each other on
In the end we ran a fair race with James saying he felt flat and not as buzzy as Musselburgh. The positive was he didn’t hang too badly running left handed and that opens more opportunities for next season. Nicky thinks the 3 runs in just over a month was the reason for the flattish run and horses like him are always better with a 5 or 6 week break - so that is the plan for next season. He’s also growing and yet to fill his frame so we expect progress next season and mark of 135 could be advantageous.

Nicky and his wife spent 10 mins with us after the race and ran through the whole season and explained what they did and why some worked and some didn’t.

Looking forward to next season now Cool

Go Chique will be running either Plumpton or Southwell next week and should go well. Looking forward to going to either of those tracks as well.

Middlehampark isn’t cheap but for me it’s worth every penny. They do offer owners badge with 2.5% and two with 5% in pre COVID times. Most horses have one owner buying 25% so they naming rights.
Report Macintoshmatty April 9, 2021 11:09 AM BST
Thanks for posting Hibore, always an interesting read, glad you enjoyed your day
Report irishone April 9, 2021 3:17 PM BST
Put everyone away with santini, champ, third time lucki on the cheltenhan thread, wouldnt put too much creedance on him
Report Hibore April 9, 2021 7:01 PM BST
Cheers Mac !

Irish, are we still buying a horse together with your Cheltenham winnings ? How much we got to spend ?
Nicky’s got some nice ones at the moment.
Report the dealer April 9, 2021 7:06 PM BST
5%, 10% 20% or whatever, still an unbelievable buzz, especially after a winner. Its a roller coaster of emotions.
Report Hibore April 9, 2021 7:23 PM BST
0.07 Owners group or 0.002% Horseracing group I’m not so sure. Just a con IMHO
Report maleuk01. April 9, 2021 7:30 PM BST
Ill try and save for 5% Grin, as 2 owners badges is excellent, go with a mate.

Would prefer if their mark up was a little less and monthly fees a little less.

Though it does seem like they do a good job for the owners,no need for ballots when no covid restrictions.

Plus if you land a top horse (mare or colt) then you get the % of the sale now . So its not leased, dont think that was the case with Harbinger.

Re Paros, with the rating could get into top handicaps with big prize money. Though still to early to say just a handicapper at this point. Both Aintree and Chelt are left handed and i do think he looks better right handed, a good handicap at Sandown Grin.

Good luck with Go Chique, and hopefully Crossing Lines can get out early next season.
Report the dealer April 9, 2021 7:33 PM BST

Apr 9, 2021 -- 1:23PM, Hibore wrote:

0.07 Owners group or 0.002% Horseracing group I’m not so sure. Just a con IMHO

They aren't racehorse owners hibore, I 100% agree

Report Hibore April 9, 2021 8:14 PM BST
Mal, if you subscribe to their newsletter they send out special offers a few times a year where you quote your own terms. Black Friday is always good value.
For example you offer x plus £500 for the horse share and maybe £100 per month fee rather than £160. They say yes or no.

As you said we own the horses so selling on can be lucrative (more on the flat) Raymond Tusk was sold last year after consultation with the owners.
Report irishone April 9, 2021 8:29 PM BST
Money down a black hole
Report the dealer April 9, 2021 8:31 PM BST
The horses i bought into were a but cheaper than yours, paid 2k and £1.5k fir 10% shares plus £250 a month for each.
Selling on is really the only way to nake money. They sold a few for decent money, Wee Frankie they paid just over £10k for, sold for £170k, they were the same regards ownership, if you had 10% you got 10% of the dale price,
Report the dealer April 9, 2021 8:33 PM BST
They also sold one for £14k that went on to win £100k in prize money and finished 2nd in an ebor
Report Hibore April 9, 2021 8:59 PM BST
I’m not sure I’d ever what to sell any of the ones I’m involved in ?

But I know Go Chique will have to be sold as a brood mare one day.
Report the dealer April 9, 2021 9:11 PM BST
You definitely get attached to them, yours are a bit different because of what they cost but from a business point of view, if you get offered £170k for something you paid £10k for, you have to do it.
I used to hate getting a call from the racing manager when you don't expect it, was always bad news of an injury etc.
Some people just don't get it because its seen as a money pit but regardless of what I've spent I wouldn't do it differently. I had put money aside knowing it was highly likely I wouldn't see much of it back. You live the dream though because you just never know whats coming.

Good luck with both
Report irishone April 9, 2021 9:16 PM BST
Spot on dealer
Report Hibore April 12, 2021 7:26 PM BST
Go Chique having a pop at 3 miles at Southwell tomorrow. We aren’t sure she stays 3 miles but if she does she’ll go well.
Report maleuk01. April 12, 2021 7:48 PM BST
Lumpy bet?

was 11/1 earlier now only 9/1
Report Hibore April 12, 2021 7:53 PM BST
Might have had a pound ew Laugh
Report maleuk01. April 12, 2021 8:01 PM BST
ill join you.

Good luck tomm.
Report Hibore April 12, 2021 8:08 PM BST
Cheers Mal.

She’s pretty fit this time so we will know whether she stays 3 miles or drops back to 2 miles and we go flat out from the front. I think she’s weighted to go close once we workout her conditions.
Report maleuk01. April 12, 2021 8:31 PM BST
Lets hope she stay's!

Im on 9/1 ew bog.

Hopefully Paros is all ok after Aintree.
Report Hibore April 12, 2021 8:41 PM BST
Yes, Paros is fine. That’s him for the season after 3 quickish runs. Perhaps we shouldn’t have run him so quickly after Musselburgh but it was a calculated risk as tne Grade 1 cut up to 6 runners. Amazing day out though Cool
Report Hibore April 13, 2021 9:53 AM BST
She’s now 4/1 fav backed in from 11 last night. Someone is confident of her staying the extra 1/2 mile.
Bonkers price really....
Report LoyalHoncho April 13, 2021 3:54 PM BST
So very well done!  Well ridden and stayed nicely.  Oi!  Oi!  You deserve your living room lap of honour hibore.
Report workrider April 13, 2021 3:55 PM BST
A huge well done Hibore delighted for you...
Report chavman April 13, 2021 3:55 PM BST
If be a bit miffed myself that you as an owner didn’t have a clue it was due a big run but others did
Report brians April 13, 2021 3:56 PM BST
Boom,!  Thanks so much for posting hibore . Well done !! Been fascinating watching your progress. Great when a plan comes together !
Report irishone April 13, 2021 4:03 PM BST
Horse ran well
Report penzance April 13, 2021 4:07 PM BST
OP
   wd
    GL,atb & enjoy.
Report Brian April 13, 2021 4:12 PM BST
Stayed fine. Congratulations.
Report the dealer April 13, 2021 4:13 PM BST
Great result

WD
Report Andrew.in.Sweden April 13, 2021 4:16 PM BST
WD Hibore, a nice result and price.

She likes Southwell, sharp tracks for her from now Happy
Report N-east Correspondent April 13, 2021 4:18 PM BST
wd sir, nice sp in the end Cool
Report Hibore April 13, 2021 4:36 PM BST
Cheers guys. Can’t believe she won.....what a star Laugh

Looks like the further she went the better she went. Once I’ve had the debrief I’ll update you.

Champagne is now on ice Laugh
Report maleuk01. April 13, 2021 6:33 PM BST
Well done!!!!

Won it nicely.

15/2 SP, made up i got 9's, even better if you got 11/1.

Enjoy the champers. Definately worth celebrating.
Report Steamship April 13, 2021 6:41 PM BST
Well done Hibore
Report Hibore April 14, 2021 11:14 AM BST
All is well this morning. Nico said she appreciated the step in trip and better ground and was really strong at the finish.
Looks like we will be out again pretty soon.

I’ll let you know where and when.

Cheers
Report brians April 14, 2021 11:16 AM BST
Thanks for keeping us informed. Its like we have a share in the horse ourselves !
Report Andrew.in.Sweden April 14, 2021 11:20 AM BST
Brians

Haven't you heard, Hibore has given all forum members a micro-share in each horse Wink
Report Hibore April 14, 2021 11:28 AM BST
That’s not a bad idea. 0.002 Go Chique for £50 ?

Might catch on....
Report brians April 14, 2021 11:28 AM BST
Which whisker is mine ?Excited
Report brians April 14, 2021 11:28 AM BST
Which whisker is mine ?Excited
Report Hibore April 14, 2021 11:31 AM BST
Who could I get to advertise now Frankie, Ed and Osin are with that other mob ?
Report Andrew.in.Sweden April 14, 2021 11:53 AM BST
Thomo, although it may cost you Laugh
Report FOYLESWAR April 14, 2021 12:11 PM BST
well done hibore made up for ya!  hopefully much more to come ,even better when ya have money on ,didnt burden your horse with my money yesterday  on a bad run last few days and didnt want it bokking yours . enjoy the good times.
Report Hibore April 14, 2021 12:47 PM BST
Cheers Foyles. It was a very profitable day and I’m waiting for the email from B356 that I’m restricted to a £1 win.
Report 1st time poster April 14, 2021 1:06 PM BST
YOUR MADE FOR LIFE
denise coates has you down as an owning winning punter,you,ll be invited to be a 365 WHALE and get invites to private corporate boxes and become an early warning system for denise,
Report Hibore April 16, 2021 8:10 AM BST
Just received a package from Southwell racecourse with a beautiful picture of Go Chique jumping the last hurdle and memory stick with race and review.
I’m also being sent a memento of the race in the next couple of days (not sure what that is).

It was very unexpected and big shout out to Arc and Southwell for going the extra mile while owners can’t all attend.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com