Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
acey deucy
30 Nov 19 23:27
| Topic/replies: 24,892 | Blogger: acey deucy's blog
Fakir all Day long...Bring it on.ExcitedExcited
Pause Switch to Standard View Fakir D V Samcro
Show More
Report acey deucy November 30, 2019 11:39 PM GMT
Samcro bubble well and truly burst over hurdles....Then beats Telegraph Poles over fences....Fakir home for all money.Wink
Report acey deucy December 1, 2019 10:17 AM GMT
Opinions? Plain
Report FOYLESWAR December 1, 2019 10:56 AM GMT
wont be suprised if both get legged over and wont be backing samcro or fakir  ! of the 2  i would slightly favour samcro who although prob way  overhyped is a festival winner and has very good form .fakir was getting the age allowance in his last 3 or so hurdles races and although running well didnt win any of  them . good luck  acey .
Report FELTFAIR December 1, 2019 11:01 AM GMT
Will not be betting on the race but would definitely side with Fakir D`oudairies.
Report acey deucy December 1, 2019 11:11 AM GMT
It's a great clash and I am really looking forward to it along with the other Grade 1s.
Report FOYLESWAR December 1, 2019 11:24 AM GMT
yes a great days racing 3 grade 1s and a grade 3 with many very promising horses to look forward to and cheltenham pointers no doubt
Report Deplasterer December 1, 2019 11:24 AM GMT
Does fakir look like it's crying out for 2m 4f? Both impressive chases debuts, 5yo allowances are more often than not the swaying factor. Fakir just, but with no great confidence. GL Acey.
Report acey deucy December 1, 2019 11:30 AM GMT
I mean I wont be breaking the bank here so it wont be a big deal if he does get beat...But it's races like this that really gets me excited.Excited
Report FOYLESWAR December 1, 2019 11:41 AM GMT
dont think its a 2 horsa tbh ,the mullins pair need respecting one a national winner and although prob better over further has exp and looked very good at fairyhouse ,can willie improve the hendo cast off ?
Report EastLower Gooner December 1, 2019 11:43 AM GMT
Novice chasers so nothing would surprise me...

Burrows Saint could nick several at the start and they never see him again...Ronald Pump finished off his race very well at the course last time out.

Fakir with his allowance.

But I’ll side with Samcro...legit excuse with the lung infection last year and we always thought he Might have the potential to be high class over fences.
Report acey deucy December 1, 2019 11:47 AM GMT
Gut feeling tells me Samcro wont be Winning.
Report gutfeeling December 1, 2019 12:06 PM GMT
I've said nothing of the sort Grin
Report acey deucy December 1, 2019 12:07 PM GMT
Grin
Report gutfeeling December 1, 2019 12:12 PM GMT
Best of luck today Acey, Is a great card, Mainly for viewing purposes rather than betting unless you're looking for prices.

I'll admit I've had a go at Ferny Hollow for March, People have been very excited for this ones debut so I'm hoping they have it right.

The Royal Bond should be a cracker too, Midnight Run looks the value call but how can anyone oppose Envoi Allen, He just has that swagger about him.
Report buffythebookieslayer December 1, 2019 1:00 PM GMT
I think it's a disappointing turnout considering the prize money on offer. I would favour Samcro myself though won't be easy with the weight allowance Fakir gets. Honeysuckle is the one i am most interested in watching today. Only a 5yr old but could be a real star in the making.
Report shoodacoodadidnt December 1, 2019 1:27 PM GMT
Samcro
Report Ibrahima Sonko December 1, 2019 1:28 PM GMT
Fakir for me.
Report N-east Correspondent December 1, 2019 1:29 PM GMT
2/1 samcro on here (at one stage) is a big price imo
actually thought it might be fav today
and think it will win but obv a couple of real dangers

gl chaps
Report ashleigh December 1, 2019 1:35 PM GMT
fakir a brilliant jumper for a 4 year old.Happy
Report Ibrahima Sonko December 1, 2019 1:36 PM GMT
Shame we didnt see the end result.
Report EastLower Gooner December 1, 2019 1:36 PM GMT
Was building up nicely....
Report chavman December 1, 2019 1:36 PM GMT
samcro looked to be travelling better
Report FOYLESWAR December 1, 2019 1:37 PM GMT
what happened ?
Report N-east Correspondent December 1, 2019 1:37 PM GMT
CryCryCry

wd fav backers
Report screaming from beneaththewaves December 1, 2019 1:37 PM GMT
Fakir a brilliant jumper, but MP Walsh a much underrated jockey too. Got the horse jumping like that, and made sure he took full advantage of it.
Report pa lapsy December 1, 2019 1:37 PM GMT
Yes,some round of jumping for Fakir,think Samcro was going better too though.
Report Ibrahima Sonko December 1, 2019 1:39 PM GMT
Samcro was travelling well but I reckon Fakir would had outbattled him. Be worried Samcro is injured their.
Report the preacher December 1, 2019 1:39 PM GMT
Samcro would have trounced the eventual winner.
Report 1st time poster December 1, 2019 1:39 PM GMT
my type of jumper but seat of pant stuff for jockey and punters around chelters,Laugh
Report MJK December 1, 2019 1:40 PM GMT
Had the winner but Samcro was tanking and I've no doubt he would've won. But that's what the fences are there for.
Report carrot1960 December 1, 2019 1:41 PM GMT
Where is Davy Russell when you need him
Report Deptford December 1, 2019 1:41 PM GMT
They should put winner back to 2 miles, will win The Arkle.
Report ItsMeSwaddle December 1, 2019 1:42 PM GMT
Dont usually jockey bash...but you could have anyone in the world bar other jocks taking part...and youve got Kennedy on Laugh
Report N-east Correspondent December 1, 2019 1:43 PM GMT
jockey reaction on samcro says it all, punched the ground in frustration
winner was being rousted along samcro still to be asked the question but
fakir jumped brilliant and the fences are there to be jumped which samcro unfortunately didnt
Report sageform December 1, 2019 1:44 PM GMT
Not sure who would have won. If the last 2 fences were not there it would have been Samcro but he was giving away 2 lengths at every fence by jumping slowly so I think Fakir would still have won. He ran very strongly through the line. Fakir won't be getting 8lb at Cheltenham but I would put Samcro's chance of completing in any novice chase at Cheltenham at 6/4 against.
Report Deptford December 1, 2019 1:44 PM GMT
No jockey error there.
Report carrot1960 December 1, 2019 1:44 PM GMT
Samcro only looked comfortable when aloud to stride out and attack a fence and would has p1ssed home once asked for his effort after the 2nd last
Report acey deucy December 1, 2019 1:44 PM GMT
acey knew.Cool
Report acey deucy December 1, 2019 1:46 PM GMT
fair play to Samcro but jumping is the name of the game.Wink
Report sageform December 1, 2019 1:46 PM GMT
You have to be joking about the Arkle unless Samcro learns to jump more quickly. You only have to slow into 2 fences in that race and you are out of it. The 2.5 miler would make more sense but so would the Stayers hurdle.
Report carrot1960 December 1, 2019 1:47 PM GMT
Kennedy knew he had him covered and did not need a big jump but there again he did not need to put in a short one either , heads he wins tails he loses
Report 1st time poster December 1, 2019 1:49 PM GMT
did jockey punch ground after 2nd race where he clattered 3 of last 4 hurdles and was as weak as a kitten on the run in,kennedy proving to be no worse or better than 2 dozen other jockeys
Report acey deucy December 1, 2019 1:50 PM GMT
They fall for a reason usually because they are getting a wee bit tired.Wink
Report 1st time poster December 1, 2019 1:50 PM GMT
if I was backing one to reverse form next time I,d be on the hurdler not samcro
Report MJK December 1, 2019 1:50 PM GMT

Dec 1, 2019 -- 1:44PM, Deptford wrote:

No jockey error there.

Horse actually jumped the fence well, just slid on landing. Jockey not to blame.

Report N-east Correspondent December 1, 2019 1:52 PM GMT
jumped the fence fine, slid on landing not a tired fall imo
Report acey deucy December 1, 2019 1:56 PM GMT
Well if Samcro was not getting tired after that gruelling pace he must be a Supaaastar inded.Wink
Report jjljjl December 1, 2019 2:00 PM GMT
Gruelling pace that was 23 seconds slow
Report jjljjl December 1, 2019 2:00 PM GMT
Gruelling pace that was 23 seconds slow
Report Deptford December 1, 2019 2:01 PM GMT
Sageform, I was talking about the winner.
Report acey deucy December 1, 2019 2:02 PM GMT
fack me there was daylight between the first two so I don't think they hacked around.
Report acey deucy December 1, 2019 2:04 PM GMT
Probaby stretching it a bit to say a gruelling pace but that was no Sunday Saunter.Plain
Report penzance December 1, 2019 2:22 PM GMT
both stand up Samcro wins,imo,but
he never,I backed him Plain
Report acey deucy December 1, 2019 2:24 PM GMT
Well I think Samcro gets beat if he stands up.Grin
Report pa lapsy December 1, 2019 2:35 PM GMT
O Brien doesn't seem to be dismissing an Arkle route yet for Fakir.

"He has plenty of options and we could go over 2m at Leopardstown or 2 1/2m at Limerick".

The last sentence though in that "He will probably stay further in time" would be comtradictory.

I would be with you Deptford if he were mine.
Report sageform December 1, 2019 2:57 PM GMT
Sorry Deptford. In that case I agree. He could go Arkle or JLT. He is a quick jumper and clearly not slow on the level so I would go Arkle unless JP has a better one for that. Samcro might learn to jump at speed but he has history over hurdles when they quicken. He is too big for his own good imo. Ascot Gold Cup perhaps?
Report Deptford December 1, 2019 3:00 PM GMT
No need to say sorry mate.
Report sixtwosix December 1, 2019 4:11 PM GMT
The race was hard to call , but Samcro did not jump as well as the winner.......what about the effortless winner of the Irish Grand National?

How on earth do people calculate handicaps on performances like that ?
Report geoff m December 1, 2019 4:27 PM GMT
cracking jumper for a novice.

Has 1 hell of a rounded action not many get their knee much higher when galloping.
Would go Arkle as put plenty under pressure with his jumping.
Report chavman December 1, 2019 4:39 PM GMT
jumped big a few times though
Report sageform December 1, 2019 4:50 PM GMT
Gained 2 lengths on Samcro at most fences because Samcro slowed down each time.
Report duffy December 1, 2019 4:50 PM GMT
Brilliant round of jumping from the winner,having said that if Samcro had stood up I reckon he'd have won easy!!!, was running all over Fakir despite giving ground at every fence, he impressed me greatly.
Report acey deucy December 1, 2019 4:51 PM GMT
Yeah what a jumper for a 4 year old...Awesome.
Report chavman December 1, 2019 4:53 PM GMT
i backed fakir but was samcro cruising,but who knows
Report chavman December 1, 2019 4:53 PM GMT
*samcro was cruising
Report duffy December 1, 2019 5:00 PM GMT
I think that in time Samcro may well fulfill all that we thought of him, we're all eulogizing about Fakir's jumping and that is right, but how much of an engine must Samcro have to give a heap of ground all the way around but at the point of departure, the jockey hadn't even breathed on him.!!
Report hulk23 December 1, 2019 5:00 PM GMT
world & his wife could see samcro was absolutely hacking up ... was 4's on before it came down
Report duffy December 1, 2019 5:01 PM GMT
I just wish I knew whether he'd be targeted at the JLT or RSA.
Report GoBallistic December 1, 2019 5:05 PM GMT
He's cruising 2 out in pretty much every race he runs
Report chavman December 1, 2019 5:07 PM GMT
put it this way if they ran again id back samcro
Report chavman December 1, 2019 5:09 PM GMT
pull him out wide to avoid a race and he wins
Report acey deucy December 1, 2019 5:12 PM GMT
Samcro is a bridle horse ffs everbody knows that.
Report impossible123 December 1, 2019 6:27 PM GMT
Did Samcro not win the Ballymore easily eg cruised into the lead and ran on? I'm not too sure he'd win today - he was giving 8lbs to the probable Arkle fav, and winner. But, he was running a very good race just until pecked-on-landing given the weight concession; he had a similar fall over hurdles with Melon alongside - distracted perhaps.

Still a deserved fav for The JLT at 6/1 with/without Fakir D'oudaries, I reckon.
Report punchestown December 3, 2019 8:27 PM GMT
No bet in it but I'd be fairly sure Samcro would have won going away the way it was panning out,not taking anything from the winner as that round of jumping was breathtakingly superb.Just my opinion of course.
Report acey deucy December 3, 2019 8:43 PM GMT
You could well be right Punchestown.
Report foxy December 3, 2019 8:55 PM GMT
Good evening punchestown I realise now my question about the index for previous runs was an odd question regarding the form book ,what must have happened was the form book was sent without the green update pages,the weekly updates have be sent with the green sheets so all is fine now.

As far as sundays race is concerned like most other racing lovers it was a real shame that we never got to see the finish we hoped for ,I think it’s pretty likely samcro would have won I don’t think he jumped bad fakir just jumped superbly,I think what we did see was samcro is still one hell of a horse he deserves a bit of luck.
Report punchestown December 3, 2019 9:08 PM GMT
Agree about Samco's jumping i.e. he jumped like a Novice as opposed to the winner who looked like an old hand.I just hope we get to see Samcro run to its full ability again.Looking forward to seeing the galant winner out again.
Report foxy December 3, 2019 9:20 PM GMT
There are so many to look forward to I know we think that way at this time of year most seasons but this season there just seems more than ever before.
Report acey deucy December 3, 2019 9:28 PM GMT
That was a hellava Day's Racing and Envoi Allen and Honeysuckle looked pretty amazing.
Report foxy December 3, 2019 9:40 PM GMT
It is every year acey I been over for it a few times kicking myself for missing this year,whilst clearly the two you mention were very impressive I thought both darver star and turnpike trip both ran really well in the royal bond both were underrated in the betting ,it’s possible there won’t be a better novice hurdle run all season than that race midnight run has to be better than that.but as you say a hellava days racing.
Report sageform December 4, 2019 8:48 AM GMT
Sorry to be a pessimist but I would repeat my usual statement (albeit a month later than usual) Try to predict 10 horses which will run at the Festival in March and which race they will be in. If you get 5 right you will have done well.
Report impossible123 December 4, 2019 5:51 PM GMT
^^
I think the odds on guessing correctly will enhance significantly if omitting Mullins's charges unless they are crown present winners.

I'll have a go: Samcro (JLT); Battleoverdoyen (RSA); Lostintranslation/Kemboy/Santini/Al Boum Photo (Gold Cup); Fakir/Laurina (Arkle); Paisley Park (Stayers); Envoi Allen (Supreme); Tiger Roll (X-Country); Pentland Hills CH). The rest if and when appropriate.
Report penzance December 4, 2019 7:25 PM GMT
Saldier, Elixer De Nutz Chmp Hdle
Kemboy, Al Boum Photo,Lostintranslation G Cup
Defi Du Seuil,Road To Respect Ryanair
Altior,Sceau Royal,Le Richbourg Chpn Chse
Honeysckle,Benie De Deiux, Mares.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com