Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
OliasOfSunhillow
28 Nov 19 07:01
| Topic/replies: 2,532 | Blogger: OliasOfSunhillow's blog
The entry point to machine learning is high if you are not from a coding background and yet ML threatens to change the way successful modern punters bet.

Here is a GUI based approach to ML and sports betting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEqxwJqjx7g
Pause Switch to Standard View Machine Learning & Sports Betting
Show More
Report OliasOfSunhillow December 3, 2019 10:47 AM GMT
Thanks for the feedback :(
Report ged December 3, 2019 11:13 AM GMT
I spent nearly 20 years earning a living as a computer programmer, and have since taught myself Python to build a database of horse racing form to play with - and I understood very little of your video. A Random Forest algorithm means nothing to me.

I think you need to rein back a lot on the tech-speak (much of which is specific to your application, which practically no-one on here will own), and give demonstrations as to how machine learning can help people make profits.
Report Andriy December 3, 2019 11:13 AM GMT
I'll occasionally peruse your blog, but reality as you say is that programming wise it's very high level, and probably beyond interest of most on this forum. Maybe if you post it on somewhere like Bet Angel Forum, where more people are into the automation etc, you may get some worthwhile feedback / discussion.
Report OliasOfSunhillow December 3, 2019 11:40 AM GMT
Thanks guys I welcome polite negative feedback it can be more useful than back slapping. you are probably both right in your assessment
Report kansas December 3, 2019 12:22 PM GMT
Really interesting and well put together, look forward to your next videos
Report Deplasterer December 3, 2019 12:35 PM GMT
As said below, you need to be from a programming background to get your head around,majority on here not that tech savvy. It took me years to navigate around advanced excel and that is required for my work!
Report geoff m December 3, 2019 12:42 PM GMT
Olias as stated by others probably out of scope of 99.9% on here.

Once you read a GUI based approach and think WTF is that the inclination is to not bother going any further.

Good luck if i gives you an edge.
Report StefanBelo. December 28, 2019 6:51 PM GMT
Here is my blog post on ML:

http://bit.ly/2tjFtin

on my data I found Naive Bayes model the best one.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com