Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
howard
09 May 19 14:54
| Topic/replies: 9,630 | Blogger: howard's blog
Laugh
Pause Switch to Standard View Stablemate softens up the fav
Show More
Report granitjack May 9, 2019 1:55 PM BST
Maybe Easterby should have issued instructions....especially with Jamie Gormless around....
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 9, 2019 1:57 PM BST
It's not Formula One. Why shouldn't Confessional try and win the race?
Report equine flew May 9, 2019 1:58 PM BST
Perhaps it was the favourite softening up the other.
Report mymumsfinethankyou May 9, 2019 1:58 PM BST

May 9, 2019 -- 2:57PM, Whippin Piccadilly wrote:

It's not Formula One. Why shouldn't Confessional try and win the race?

because this game is meant to be crooked mate.

Report granitjack May 9, 2019 1:59 PM BST
Excited
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 9, 2019 1:59 PM BST
Exactly EF. Maybe the fav would have been better taking a tow into the race from the old boy?
Report 1st time poster May 9, 2019 2:02 PM BST
itv/atr might cotton on by crackerjack time on fri that coming off the pace is the way to go this week,instead of banging on about low draws going hell for leather from the get go, top weight,soft ground drawn one,massivevtarget on your back ran well to get 2nd
Report stewarts rise May 9, 2019 2:03 PM BST
Too many people think that most racing is fixed and trainers are bent etc, blinds them to the fact that 2 different owners both want to win.
Report kemo sabe May 9, 2019 2:03 PM BST
i was thinking after a furlong , whats he doing on its stable mate ,,, ??
Report howard May 9, 2019 2:05 PM BST
When you've got a red hot fav in stall 1 Easterby will want NOTHING to mess things up. Yes the other one should try but DON'T take each other on. Gormley knew the fav was going to lead from that box. Not my  money involved btw.
Report 1st time poster May 9, 2019 2:06 PM BST
easterby sed 5,s to short for the 3rd and as fav stayed on for 2nd some might say allan didn't go quick enough on the fav,all about opinions,thery certainly never got the winner off the bridle
Report howard May 9, 2019 2:06 PM BST
Yeah but some owners don't take a punch in the face too well stewarts.
Report stewarts rise May 9, 2019 2:12 PM BST
When you pay out 500 a week for your horse in training you are entitled for it to run on its merits imo.
Report doantwin2easy May 9, 2019 2:13 PM BST
It's irrelevant that they both want to win. The idea is that they have the opportunity to play to each others strengths - not cut each others throats. One of them has got to take a sit to give them both the best chance of winning.
Report granitjack May 9, 2019 2:18 PM BST
^^agreed^^
Report howard May 9, 2019 2:21 PM BST
correct 2easy.  Stewarts you sound like a guy that thinks when money is handed over nothing or nobody else is considered. Not good if you want to get on with everyone in the yard. That was a 21k h'cap that the yard had a chance of winning. Not saying result was changed just questioning tactics.
Report stewarts rise May 9, 2019 2:40 PM BST
Can't help what i sound like, but i stand by what i said, not only that but it's not quite so easy to stop sprinters from charging off over 5fs. Both horses like to be up with the pace and i thought both jockeys gave their mounts every chance of winning, in the end neither was quite good enough.
Many years ago in a stable i had shares in some horses, the stable really fancied one over 5fs which was not as good as its stablemate in the same race but was getting 10lbs and was expected to win backed in from 7/1-9/4f, just held on by a sh/hd from stablemate at 16/1. There was no way any jockey could stop the 2nd horse bolting out of the gate and going flat out till it was kn@ckered. If the 2nd horse had won i assure you trainer would have been equally delighted even if connections of the actual winner wouldn't have been, but of course they could always have had a little saver on the 2nd string at big odds. Same applies here imo.
Report howard May 9, 2019 2:51 PM BST
I know plenty of owners don't like other runners ( in the race ) from same yard full stop. Every case is different but you wouldn't want to upset a big owner.
Report davethehat May 9, 2019 5:49 PM BST
Think your missing the point guys. It's irrelevant if they took each other on what matters is how the ferk did that bag of **** win wtf is that 22/1. Stewards should be asking questions and so should we. If that TAWAT hadn't won all fave backers would be happy BUT  yet again they get robbed by a seaside FERKING donkey utter disgrace IMVHO LMAO
Report mouse muldoon May 9, 2019 5:51 PM BST
Bloody hell dave, have a word with mick will ya, he's trying to take over your hat PMSL
Report davethehat May 9, 2019 6:01 PM BST
Lmao mouse been a while lmfao
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com