Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
stewarts rise
27 Mar 19 10:30
| Topic/replies: 24,494 | Blogger: stewarts rise's blog
Than English, Scottish, Welsh put together, Elliott has loads entered, when will it become clearer who runs please?
Pause Switch to Standard View Is it possible there will be more...
Show More
Report Ramruma March 27, 2019 10:50 AM GMT
Yes. This is how many each trainer has entered. You can add up the countries yourself. The five day stage is on the 1st April and I'm sure that date won't lead to any clowns (or sharks) posting false reports on the forum. Some bookies are already NRNB.

19 Gordon Elliott
7 W P Mullins
5 Nigel Twiston-Davies
4 David Pipe
4 Neil Mulholland
2 Anthony Honeyball
2 Henry De Bromhead
2 James Moffatt
2 Mrs John Harrington
2 Nicky Henderson
2 Ross O'Sullivan
1 A J Martin
1 Alan King
1 Charlie Mann
1 Christian Williams
1 Colin Tizzard
1 Dr Richard Newland
1 Ian Williams
1 J P Dempsey
1 Jamie Snowden
1 Jonjo O'Neill
1 Joseph Patrick O'Brien
1 Lucinda Russell
1 Mark Bradstock
1 Michael Scudamore
1 Mrs Jane Williams
1 N W Alexander
1 Neil King
1 Nicky Richards
1 Patrick G Kelly
1 Paul Nicholls
1 Phil Middleton
1 Philip Hobbs
1 Philip Kirby
1 Rebecca Curtis
1 Robert Walford
1 Stuart Coltherd
1 Sue Smith
1 Thomas Mullins
1 Tom George
1 Venetia Williams
Report Ramruma March 27, 2019 10:51 AM GMT
There are currently 81 entries (to save you adding them all up).
Report Ramruma March 28, 2019 2:01 AM GMT
Many hours after drawing up that table for OP this morning, it has just struck me that the winner probably comes from the Elliott or Mullins yards but for Elliott in particular, we are at the whim of owners who are notorious for last-minute changes of mind and for overruling the trainer.

So I think it best to wait till Monday at least to see who is left in after the five-day stage.
Report stewarts rise March 28, 2019 8:35 AM GMT
Thanks ramruna, thought i'd replied to this yesterday.It does look like Elliott is trying to monopolise this race, seems ridiculous to me that one trainer could run virtually half the field.
Expect there will be a "Will Elliott win the GN" market, Yes or No.
Report elise March 28, 2019 8:49 AM GMT
i have thought for some time given tiger rolls price that the value in the market is with some of his forgotten runners
Report impossible123 March 28, 2019 9:17 AM GMT
It's utterly shameful and non-sporting that Elliot (regardless of who are paying the bills) has so many non-performing potential runners despite having the winner last year in Tiger Roll. However, one is obvious eg Alpha Des Obeaux whose sole task is to minimise weight raise for Tiger Roll; Don Poli - at his prime - could have run but owners declined (vociferously and publicly).

Outlander and Sub Lieutenant? What are they doing there? Both are regressing and not run beyond 3m competitively.
Report elise March 28, 2019 9:24 AM GMT
thought both had previous form over 3m
Report impossible123 March 28, 2019 10:09 AM GMT
Both Sub Lieutenant (SB) and Outlander (O) are regressing in an alarming rate; both owned by Gigginstown; O has not won over 3m in his prime, and clearly does not stay; SL (his only claim to fame) managed to beat O over 3m 1f, and has been beaten ever since. There are several below them with better potential and improving than these two inmates of Gigginstown.

I firmly believe the qualification to run in the Grand National is flawed, and must not be solely rating based; qualifying races must be introduced to minimise and/or eradicate abuses and restore fairness and confidence for the race, and punters.
Report howarth31 March 28, 2019 10:26 AM GMT
Walk In The Mill won the Becher, arguably the biggest trial for the Grand National and might not even get in
Report elise March 28, 2019 10:45 AM GMT
they are allowed to enter, whatever the rules might be or should be in future right now they are able to run

how they run is a different matter but if either of those horses were entred by another yard i doubt anyone would say anything, wouldn't surprise me at all if a horse that has been regressing runs much better, plenty of win/placed horses have bucked that trend
Report elise March 28, 2019 10:53 AM GMT
and i'm not saying either are regressing, it's never as clear cut as it looks sometimes, horses have issues, pretty much all of them and those 2 have been competing in decent races

besides, until final decs it's unlear as to what they will run
Report workrider March 28, 2019 4:03 PM GMT
Impossible a couple of giggys are in the National sale on Thurs, Outlander been one , they come with a National engagement so will have plenty of peoples bidding for them i'd imagine...
Report impossible123 March 28, 2019 4:10 PM GMT
'workrider', thanks. Someone did allude to that a few days ago which made it even more questionable the true motive of why the two horses had been entered in the 1st place. It's so unsporting and crafty on the owners' part.
Report wondersobright March 28, 2019 4:13 PM GMT

Mar 28, 2019 -- 11:10AM, impossible123 wrote:

'workrider', thanks. Someone did allude to that a few days ago which made it even more questionable the true motive of why the two horses had been entered in the 1st place. It's so unsporting and crafty on the owners' part.

and so typical of the man in question

Report Fourgoldcups March 28, 2019 4:19 PM GMT
it was my post of a letter to RP on "Cut off point" thread on Grand National section - 25th March 2104.
Report Fourgoldcups March 28, 2019 4:20 PM GMT
that's the time, not the year!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com