Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Fashion Fever
06 Mar 19 17:57
| Topic/replies: 3,523 | Blogger: Fashion Fever's blog
Anyone got a link

is the couch on the Panel
Pause Switch to Standard View THE BETFAIR CHELTENHAM PREVIEW NIGHT
Show More
Report TheGoddess March 6, 2019 7:30 PM GMT
https://betting.betfair.com/horse-racing/cheltenham/betfair-cheltenham-2019-...
Report Somerset Sam March 6, 2019 10:23 PM GMT
Was that effort tonight not the biggest pile of sh!te you've ever seen? A more amateurish setup you couldn't wish to have seen. The best entertainment was watching Gordon Elliot getting more p!shed as the night went on! If there was a video being shown about how not to run a Cheltenham preview night this was it.

Kealy put his jacket on and left before the end and the sound throughout was atrocious and it wouldn't be a Cheltenham preview night without someone from the Mullins stable humming and hawing over running plans. "Ah sure it'll be left to the last minute" "you couldn't be sure" etc etc

And what about the guy who stood up to explain the terms lay to back and back to lay. What was that all about?

Total bull$hit.

I wouldn't even bother having any of them on to be truthful. The saturation of the preview nights generally have diluted any benefit they perhaps once had, even then it was probably negligible.
Report ben96 March 6, 2019 10:48 PM GMT
Yeah don't waste your time watching it another over crowded panel repeating information everyone already knows and had zero enthusiasm or charisma. Plus the sound quality was a shambles.

Not sure why people bother with them to be honest any horses flying at home will have already been backed and shortened take Measureofmydreams in the Kim Muir.
Report Tiger Tiger March 6, 2019 10:49 PM GMT
Thought it was decent myself.
Report Somerset Sam March 6, 2019 10:56 PM GMT

Mar 6, 2019 -- 4:49PM, Tiger Tiger wrote:

Thought it was decent myself.

Aye I'm fecking sure you are on the wind up. I didn't spend a penny on travelling or a ticket and I still feel cheated. It was a bombscare throughout from organisations and a panel that should've put on a much better show than what was on offer tonight.

Some if the live chat comments were far more entertaining!

Report DenzilPenberthy March 6, 2019 10:57 PM GMT
Last one I watched was when The Couch's NAP was Saloubrious and Nicholls didn't think it was well handicapped,result p!ssed up
Report Steamship March 7, 2019 1:05 AM GMT
The ATR one Kevin Blake spoke about how Elliott fancied Measurofmydreams yet on the Betfair one he neverpassed that on.
Report geoff m March 7, 2019 7:12 AM GMT
Sound was appalling.
A top quality panel from which you learned(as expected very little)
Report geoff m March 7, 2019 7:12 AM GMT
Sound was appalling.
A top quality panel from which you learned(as expected very little)
Report GAZO March 7, 2019 9:04 AM GMT
by the time they got to Measureofmydreams i wouldnt be confident Elliot could remember he trained it
Report Ramruma March 7, 2019 9:52 AM GMT
Sound: appalling.
Crowd: noisy.
Panel: overcrowded.
Link to Ruby: untested.
Questions to Ruby: unplanned and uninformative.
Bloke teaching his granny to suck eggs: WTF?
Captions: Mottershead's name was misspelled.
Price boosts: they got the price wrong on one, and they were quite well hidden.
Kealy leaving before the end: he spoke for us all.
Report geoff m March 7, 2019 10:07 AM GMT
other than that Ramruna it seemed O.KLaughLaughLaugh
Report gnashersblackpool March 7, 2019 12:11 PM GMT
every year the sound quailty is poor. doesnt help the guests/panel talkin between themselves when some1 else was speaking, and it could of done with lee mottershead asking the audience to shh long before gordons drunken rant at em.
Report geoff m March 7, 2019 1:08 PM GMT
yep was a bit rich asking the audience to pipe down when the panelists where just as bad.
Report geoff m March 7, 2019 1:08 PM GMT
yep was a bit rich asking the audience to pipe down when the panelists where just as bad.
Report Ramruma March 7, 2019 2:04 PM GMT
One reason the audience was talking was because they could not hear the panel.

Mottershead then asked the panel to shout (or "project") which made things worse for us at home.

The audience added nothing. If Betfair had not invited the audience, it could have held the preview panel in a studio with good acoustics and working microphones and speakers.

This stuff is a bit hard. Not very hard but hard enough that Betfair (and others, including the Racing Post for its podcasts) should hire some professionals to set things up properly.
Report ribero1 March 7, 2019 2:32 PM GMT
Trying to remember the name of the in running "expert"? Mottershead couldn't get him off.i've had a look on youtube but think they've erased that bit!
Report lewisham ranger March 7, 2019 2:44 PM GMT
dull of dishwater. all the panellists looked miserable as well.

to make matters worse they parachuted in the dour ruby walsh.

at least couch would have injected some jocularity into the proceedings.
Report TheGoddess March 7, 2019 6:41 PM GMT
Dead and buried these preview nights imo - same sh!te from different guests - never learn anything new
Report geoff m March 7, 2019 7:42 PM GMT
you are more likely to be put away than pick up any golden nugget.
Report RothmanMike March 7, 2019 10:41 PM GMT
Coronation Street on the other channel,so I gave this a miss.
Report ProSniper March 7, 2019 10:51 PM GMT
What where you looking to learn, Goddy?
Report Fashion Fever March 7, 2019 11:12 PM GMT
some nice boosts buviur dar 11/4, delta work 3/1, Paisley park 5/2, and sir erec 6/4

was an interesting watch to be honest
Report ProSniper March 7, 2019 11:13 PM GMT
Laugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com