Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
onlooker
19 Jan 19 11:43
| Topic/replies: 37,734 | Blogger: onlooker's blog
Only two legs of £3.5 million Scoop6 to be shown on ITV

By Jonathan Harding
UPDATED 8:24PM, JAN 18 2019

The Scoop6 rolls over to an estimated £3.5 million on Saturday but only two of the races will be aired on ITV4 with races from Taunton and Navan comprising the first three legs.

On the lack of races on terrestrial TV, totepool spokesman Matt Hulmes said: “We try to pick six competitive races and ideally they would all be on ITV4 but that’s not always possible, especially when we have small fields.

“That’s always our starting point and we work backwards from there, but with an unprecedented winter in terms of the ground, field sizes have continued to cut up badly from entry stage to declarations.”
----------------

They might as well just pick 6 BINGO BALLS out of a hat.

Exactly the same as when they started selecting different races across more than one meeting, for the Daily JACKPOT.

Makes a mockery of the SCOOP6 - as it did the Jackpot - because they simply turn the bets into a 'Guesser's game' - or - only for the BIG SYNDICATES.

Genuine Racing and Form followers just disregarded.
Pause Switch to Standard View Only two legs of £3.5 million Scoop6...
Show More
Report mouse muldoon January 19, 2019 11:46 AM GMT
Lottery on later.
Report domino14 January 19, 2019 12:00 PM GMT
I think since the ITV 7 came about, they don't focus on the Scoop 6 much anymore.
Report portmanpark January 19, 2019 12:03 PM GMT
they stopped long before the ITV7
Report IanP January 19, 2019 2:57 PM GMT
Never got to £3m , nevermind £3.5m.  Very little exposure now.
Report JML January 21, 2019 7:46 PM GMT
I thought that the across meetings jackpot was a good idea.

It didn't take off because Betfred made a number of poor decisions.

The most obvious mistake was that the maximum guarantee was set at £25K which,on many days, was ridiculously low.

Betfred lose out by paying high commission to competitors.They should take all these bets themselves
and use part of the extra profit to offer higher guarantees.

The Jackpot has the potential to be a huge success.
Report howard January 22, 2019 10:13 AM GMT
scoop 6 guy that missed out on 148k last leg.  Could have had big money on winner in photo at 1.4/1.5 as it went on for ages. Obviously too busy having his photo taken with Bob Baffert.
Report howard January 22, 2019 10:17 AM GMT
Also his horse was 1.25 IR.
Report longbridge January 22, 2019 11:39 AM GMT
I'm glad the Jackpot has gone back to being a single-meeting bet.  I always viewed it as a bit of fun when going racing in person, get a little syndicate of your friends and do the 'each-way' version (Jackpot and Placepot) for a few lines through the card.

The Scoop 6, on the other hand, I thought was *supposed* to be difficult, so it would rollover to a decent prize?  In which case you want big-field handicaps, not some 4-runner affair with an odds-on favourite?
Report jmdc January 22, 2019 11:54 AM GMT
He was stuck in a betting shop howard! (Page 5 RP)
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com