Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pollybournemouth
01 Jan 19 14:45
| Topic/replies: 469 | Blogger: pollybournemouth's blog
Squeeze all the Races you can in !  I like Racing when Trainers get interviewed between races Etc -- This is For Bookmakers not Punters
Pause Switch to Standard View RACING UK NOT FOR ME ANYMORE
Show More
Report Barton Bank January 1, 2019 2:46 PM GMT
Today has been hideous viewing but it was always going to be a clashfest with so many meetings. Better judged another day.
Report wondersobright January 1, 2019 2:48 PM GMT
there will be far more days like this
3 jumps meeting on 1 channel is plenty
Report Deltâ January 1, 2019 2:48 PM GMT
bago****
Report sparrow January 1, 2019 2:51 PM GMT
Some will still argue that most of the time it will be fine and today it's a one off.
Report chavman January 1, 2019 2:52 PM GMT
the 2 runners today were underwhelming BB
Report The Dragon January 1, 2019 2:52 PM GMT
time will tell i ended up watching itv today coz too many meetings on ruk
Report Barton Bank January 1, 2019 2:54 PM GMT
The Great Wall bled from the nose. Hopefully nothing serious and can be sorted out.
Point Zero just ran poorly. I think he is better off when he is able to get to the front.
Report skygreenzone January 1, 2019 2:54 PM GMT
All racing for bookmakers the ultimate mug bet.
Report sparrow January 1, 2019 3:03 PM GMT
It's like being stood in a betting shop with split screens and races going off every couple of minutes. Cry
Report wondersobright January 1, 2019 3:09 PM GMT
that's exactly what I said on another thread sparrow...the betting shop conveyer belt of sh1te experience
Report duncan idaho January 1, 2019 3:10 PM GMT
wont we going to moan about tomorrow when there's one meeting on RUK?  Plain
Report sparrow January 1, 2019 3:23 PM GMT
Keep telling us the same duncan every Saturday and most of the summer. Plain
Report geoff m January 1, 2019 3:24 PM GMT
I like wall to wall racing without the cr@p interviews with yes/no PR bollax.
Report McCoy Carp January 1, 2019 3:30 PM GMT
I would rather we watched the race, heard the commentary and nothing else, no pundits, trainer inteviews, bookie reps etc - nothing.
Report Barton Bank January 1, 2019 3:32 PM GMT
One race at a time will do me, regardless of whether we have the rest of the blurb or not.
Report deadbrain59 January 1, 2019 3:42 PM GMT
irishDevilDevil
Report handtorofe January 1, 2019 3:45 PM GMT
Making the best of it but just too much going on
Report differentdrum January 1, 2019 3:46 PM GMT
Only problem the split screens. Lack of presenters a bonus. Pointless having any today.
Report mouse muldoon January 1, 2019 3:47 PM GMT
Nevo still trousers a cool monkey for doing f.a.
Report Rider January 1, 2019 3:49 PM GMT
if nevison is somewhere on there today ruk might just as well set fire to subscribers money
Report Ibrahima Sonko January 1, 2019 3:54 PM GMT
Needs tv racing 1,2 & 3

i would like a build up and a paddock view on the important races.
Report StillLearning January 1, 2019 3:55 PM GMT
Like watching SIS
Report harry callaghan January 1, 2019 3:59 PM GMT
i'd sooner they split the irish racing to another channel myself, then people who want the irish racing get what they want and the rest of the people get what they want, i didn't like all the split screens today personally
Report mouse muldoon January 1, 2019 4:04 PM GMT
I just heard Nevo there, not sure what he's chatting about.
Report mouse muldoon January 1, 2019 4:05 PM GMT
I tend to zone out, same for the Dixon bros.
Report SlippyBlue January 1, 2019 4:12 PM GMT

Jan 1, 2019 -- 9:55AM, StillLearning wrote:

Like watching SIS

I completely agree I.S. I want to watch the horses in the parade ring and not listen to someone talking about stuff that I've no interest in. I want to watch the horses!!

Report jamesdean January 1, 2019 5:03 PM GMT
Can do that by logging in to the website and clicking racingtv extra, then select your track.
Horses going to post and no waffle etc
Report StillLearning January 1, 2019 5:13 PM GMT

Jan 1, 2019 -- 10:12AM, SlippyBlue wrote:

Jan  1, 2019 --  3:55PM, StillLearning wrote:Like watching SISI completely agree I.S. I want to watch the horses in the parade ring and not listen to someone talking about stuff that I've no interest in. I want to watch the horses!!

I don't follow Irish Racing, got no interest in it, so all it's doing is diluting the UK racing coverage.

Report 1st time poster January 1, 2019 5:34 PM GMT
Richmond,ruk have been having a beef about horses not starting in a straight line,they,ll love all the irish 999 shots a furlong behind after 2 furlongs racing
Report impossible123 January 1, 2019 7:52 PM GMT
No racing channel for me until the pictures are truly live, and not a delayed transmission. I'm willing to pay a premium, if must, but not for a service that is delayed especially if I intend to play in-running; I'm not interested in the opinions and supposedly professional readings of races by presenters or pundits - I'm only for "live" pictures, end of.
Report ItsMeSwaddle January 1, 2019 8:17 PM GMT

Jan 1, 2019 -- 1:52PM, impossible123 wrote:

No racing channel for me until the pictures are truly live, and not a delayed transmission. I'm willing to pay a premium, if must, but not for a service that is delayed especially if I intend to play in-running; I'm not interested in the opinions and supposedly professional readings of races by presenters or pundits - I'm only for "live" pictures, end of.

I believe its the least they can do, not only are you paying a premium, you can get it for free on here.

Report impossible123 January 1, 2019 8:41 PM GMT
Indeed, what is the point of a paying for a service that is available elsewhere for free? In the City a trader could pay to access the same technology and software similar to those of big financial instis to trade stocks and shares, currencies, commodities, etc, in order to gain an advantage over those who do not eg retail/private investors.

Racing Channels are like pay-per-view movie channels where one can watch movies before others eg terrestrial tv or even the cinema.
Report FrankRA January 1, 2019 10:17 PM GMT
If the big 4 have their way you will be seeing virtual racing on RUK when they only have 1 meeting on,I dont subscribe anymore either as I believe by paying a subscription you should not have bookmakers or any other firms advertising on there.
Report jmdc January 2, 2019 11:36 AM GMT
^ But you happily pay a subscription to Sky and are bombarded with the filth!
Report ItsMeSwaddle January 2, 2019 11:50 AM GMT

Jan 2, 2019 -- 5:36AM, jmdc wrote:

^ But you happily pay a subscription to Sky and are bombarded with the filth!

Yeah but there is no alternative (regardless off who you pay whether its sky or bt) you see the same stuff or miss out.

With the  RUK subscription you CAN see exactly the same stuff,  on live video (that is 5 pence a race)

Report ItsMeSwaddle January 2, 2019 11:51 AM GMT
Also again to play devils advocate, if i was playing for anymore money than i do now, id have the subscription, its easier innit.
Report One Nation January 4, 2019 4:36 PM GMT
Will be interesting to see how tomorrow plays out.

A manageable day for RUK with three meetings, but Cork is scheduled to start 5 minutes after Sandown all day.

Will Cork wait for Sandown (Ireland never used to when on ATR)? If they don't, quite a bit of Sandown's closing stages will be split screen.

It's not good enough for RUK to say "you can watch it in full screen on Extra" - most people want to watch on their TV and the Extra option is around 10 seconds behind live.
Report duffy January 4, 2019 5:31 PM GMT
Agreed, racing tv extra is a waste of time, the irish tracks won't be happy having their product on split screens or shunted to the extra channel either.
Report lockup January 4, 2019 7:44 PM GMT
I hate split screens but both channels have so many boring bastards on them it saves turning the bullshit filter on and listening to trainers being asked crap questions would rather have someone saying I have backed this because, whether right or wrong lets have some honest opinions and if you don't like one say I have layed this right or wrong like you have on forums.
Report koi January 5, 2019 1:26 AM GMT
Surely racing tv should outline each day streaming delays for each broadcast meeting .They are always on about courses keeping the punter informed....rails out  26yds...tongue tie  etc.  but without this information the punter is betting blind in running.
Report sparrow January 5, 2019 7:25 AM GMT
The delay is never mentioned anywhere by anyone in the industry or the media.  It's as if it didn't really exist and was only in the minds of people in the racing forums.
Report koikeeper January 5, 2019 7:36 AM GMT
Koi... That info is readily available without anyone telling you.. so you are not betting blind.. Just do the research before racing starts.
Report McCoy Carp January 5, 2019 8:10 AM GMT
How about the chances of hurdles/fences being omitted because of low sun, is that ever published before racing starts at a course?
Report sageform January 5, 2019 8:17 AM GMT
As I have reached an age when going to live racing 3 or 4 days each week is no longer an option, I am happy to pay for all of the sport channels going and accept that you will not always get the coverage you want. I would have thought that with further progress in technology we will reach a point where a viewer can choose which meeting to watch on TV as well as online. Some of us can remember when the best you could hope for if you were not on course was a blower commentary in a betting shop full of smokers. Be thankful.
Report asparagus January 5, 2019 8:26 AM GMT
Sageform, whilst overall you are undoubtedly correct and as racing fans we are well served, there is no doubt that the new coverage is a retrograde step. The balance had become very good with most of the good racing on ruk and on most days time for decent punditry. ATR with the irish racing, most of the all weather and the odd other decent track and race (doncaster, newcastle jumps, etc) were happy enough with what they had. We're now left with a general dumbing down on Ruk which is not ideal for a subscription service.
Report dustybin January 5, 2019 10:03 AM GMT
koikeeper • January 5, 2019 7:36 AM GMT
Koi... That info is readily available without anyone telling you.. so you are not betting blind.. Just do the research before racing starts.

How do you propose to do that without breaking the law?

It comes to something and is quite ridiculous, though not unexpected in this climate of greed, that the IR punter to protect himself from abuse from others cheating has to go to great lengths to find something resembling transparency.

Two fundamental misconceptions are rolled out that give the impression the state of affairs is permissible.
1. That those who pay most have the right to an advantage (akin to politics allowing indefinite spend in attempts to coerce the public and gain power)
2. That the provision of pictures used for gambling are regulated as entertainment.
Report One Nation January 5, 2019 10:14 AM GMT
Agree with Asparagus's post.
Report harry callaghan January 5, 2019 12:29 PM GMT
a full analysis from cork for the irish racing fan, no doubt sandown will followCrazyGrin
Report One Nation January 5, 2019 12:38 PM GMT
Full post-race analysis of Cork followed by handing over to Lydia on course at Wincanton 10 seconds before the off.
Report koi January 5, 2019 12:39 PM GMT
the question posted ...Should racing tv list streaming delays daily?
Report Rollo Tomasi January 5, 2019 12:40 PM GMT
Wincanton seemed miles behind the betting< I had to check to see I wasn't paused.
Report dustybin January 5, 2019 12:41 PM GMT
koi, the processing of such data can only be achieved by breaking the law....or from those paying for privilige and you taking their word.
Report One Nation January 5, 2019 1:30 PM GMT
Cork didn't wait 30 seconds for Sandown to end there and subsequently missed the start and the first hurdle. Doesn't augur well for future cooperation.
Report wondersobright January 5, 2019 1:35 PM GMT
couldn't organise a p1ss up in a brewery
Report Barton Bank January 5, 2019 1:37 PM GMT
It's annoying but not quite as annoying as the SkySports Racing clock not having seconds on it any more so you don't know when to change channel. A decision that has probably been taken intentionally out of spite.
Report foxy January 5, 2019 1:40 PM GMT
I have cork on racing tv extra absolutely brilliant
Report wondersobright January 5, 2019 1:45 PM GMT
I have emailed them about that BB and haven't had a reply
Report duncan idaho January 5, 2019 1:46 PM GMT
there's 5 meetings the saft, 3 on RUK, 2 on ATR....i'm a bit confused what the prob is..what would people prefer?
Report the dealer January 5, 2019 1:50 PM GMT
99% of the sky sports racing viewers wouldnt even have noticed there is a clock
Report wondersobright January 5, 2019 1:55 PM GMT

Jan 5, 2019 -- 7:46AM, duncan idaho wrote:

there's 5 meetings the saft, 3 on RUK, 2 on ATR....i'm a bit confused what the prob is..what would people prefer?

proper spacing between off times

not 5 mins between cork & sandown when there's a 20 mins gap between wincanton & sandown ffs

Report Rollo Tomasi January 5, 2019 1:57 PM GMT
foxy,
u could hear the sandown commentary 2 hurdles behind
Report Barton Bank January 5, 2019 1:57 PM GMT
10 minute gaps after the Flat races at Lingfield on a busy saturday is woeful planning.
Report One Nation January 5, 2019 2:07 PM GMT
More post-race Cork analysis before going to Wincanton 40 seconds before the off. Try and squeeze in a pre-recorded interview with John Mackie and then miss the start of the race and have to cut the interview short.

Just awful.
Report foxy January 5, 2019 2:20 PM GMT
Never noticed that rollo
Report duncan idaho January 5, 2019 2:39 PM GMT
10 minute gaps after the Flat races at Lingfield on a busy saturday is woeful planning

that is the puzzling aspect...would love to know how that's come about
Report duffy January 5, 2019 2:43 PM GMT
About 6 seconds behind too.
Report duffy January 5, 2019 2:43 PM GMT
Cork that is
Report One Nation January 5, 2019 3:08 PM GMT
Lovely. Interrupt the closing stages of the big one to tell us Cork haven't bothered to wait. What a shower.
Report Deltâ January 5, 2019 3:08 PM GMT
cork waited there ... Cry
Report wondersobright January 5, 2019 3:10 PM GMT

Jan 5, 2019 -- 9:08AM, One Nation wrote:

Lovely. Interrupt the closing stages of the big one to tell us Cork haven't bothered to wait. What a shower.

like watching betting shop TV Sad

Report jmdc January 5, 2019 5:27 PM GMT
The trouble is that Cork is timed on the five minutes, whereas the RTV races should be scheduled every TEN minutes.  Why not schedule the Sky races the same, and if people wish to switch channels then live with it!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com