Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ghh
28 Dec 18 14:00
| Topic/replies: 1,737 | Blogger: ghh's blog
All comments here please
Show More
Report Black Knight December 28, 2018 2:01 PM GMT
should retire
Report xmoneyx December 28, 2018 2:01 PM GMT
to be sure.to be sure
Report SlippyBlue December 28, 2018 2:11 PM GMT
He puts me off one that I fancy when he is on board.
Report impossible123 December 28, 2018 2:14 PM GMT
Prior to racing I did think of posting "how many last hurdle/fence fall for Ruby", but then thought better of it as it was not the x'mas spirit thing to do.

Faugheen crumbled on landing; he looked a tired fall to me.
Report xmoneyx December 28, 2018 2:18 PM GMT
Matt Chapman

And for what it's worth I thought the old boy had Apple's Jade covered Silly
Report impossible123 December 28, 2018 2:25 PM GMT
Chapman is a "paid" wind-up merchant. Faugheen had Apples Jade covered? He must have been watching the wrong race or with rose-tinted glasses. How utterly preposterous that comment was!
Report loper December 28, 2018 2:31 PM GMT
Faugheen didn't crumble on landing, he dived at it and took a pearler. If he'd crumbled on landing he wouldn't have landed with his neck at such a horrible angle.
Report cardenden December 28, 2018 2:34 PM GMT
Faugheen,s  front legs caught the top of the hurdle
Report the.mad.dog.man December 28, 2018 2:34 PM GMT
ruby should pack it in and become a stunt man Laugh
Report duffy December 28, 2018 2:37 PM GMT
The watershed moment was when Mullins publicly criticised him a month or so back, that was a real big deal.
Report impossible123 December 28, 2018 2:43 PM GMT
Sorry, did not watch the close-up just late transmitted video of the race. Thank-goodness, he got up after a longish delay.
Report paul the b December 28, 2018 7:04 PM GMT
Thing is with Walsh....Old Father Time has caught up with him. Trouble he doesn't think so!!
I fear he is going to get badly injured one of these days.
Report Willie Shafter. December 28, 2018 7:10 PM GMT
it was still cruising maybe 3L down and overstretched and crumpled..no fault of jockey and who knows the outcome..anyone that says it was tired are absolutely clueless.
Report paul the b December 28, 2018 7:14 PM GMT
Willie......agreed. I used to wade in pretty heavy on Walsh........defo NO more. In my opinion something has got into his head. He not the force he once was. It comes to us all I'm afraid.
Report Willie Shafter. December 28, 2018 7:15 PM GMT
something in his head makes them fall?
Report impossible123 December 29, 2018 1:40 PM GMT
He does not make the running much these days, I wonder why. But mightily glad Limini and Ruby stayed upright throughout the race - I thought they would part company the way Ruby got into Limini.
Report StillLearning December 29, 2018 1:42 PM GMT
are there not enough threads about this jockey?
Report G Hall December 29, 2018 1:45 PM GMT
RETIRE
Report impossible123 December 31, 2018 12:21 PM GMT
Is he still the number 1? Townend is riding the fav in the opener and 3rd race at Punchestown today; only on one winner for Mullins on saturday, and few and far between since middle of last week.
Report eightbo December 31, 2018 1:57 PM GMT
Cool
Report shoodacoodadidnt December 31, 2018 1:59 PM GMT
off again - why is a 7/4 fav - 1.86 for a place - hmmmm .....
Report QueueCard December 31, 2018 2:09 PM GMT

Dec 31, 2018 -- 6:21AM, impossible123 wrote:

Is he still the number 1? Townend is riding the fav in the opener and 3rd race at Punchestown today; only on one winner for Mullins on saturday, and few and far between since middle of last week.

If you were following it closely you'll see that he hasn't been riding in beginners chases unless its a real top horse. Of course he is still number 1

Report Derhandy December 31, 2018 2:11 PM GMT
passed it
Report QueueCard December 31, 2018 2:18 PM GMT
The horse was pulling very hard and jumped the hurdle perfectly. How on earth is that rubys fault?
Report impossible123 January 1, 2019 3:48 PM GMT
Walsh is 66/1 for the Irish Jockeys Championship with Townend at 4/7,......?
Report harry callaghan January 1, 2019 4:03 PM GMT
the.mad.dog.man
28 Dec 18 14:34
| Topic/replies: 7,796 | Blogger: the.mad.dog.man's blog
ruby should pack it in and become a stunt man

funnyGrin
Report bigH January 1, 2019 4:12 PM GMT
clearly not the same rider as in years gone by

IMO he has come back too early from his bad fall last season
Report duffy January 1, 2019 5:23 PM GMT
ruby should pack it in and become a stunt man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmIsMzyohqM

Good in the 80's, had an appropriate title for Walsh too.
Report QueueCard January 1, 2019 5:54 PM GMT

Jan 1, 2019 -- 9:48AM, impossible123 wrote:

Walsh is 66/1 for the Irish Jockeys Championship with Townend at 4/7,......?

Hardly surprising considering Townend is 43 winners ahead of Ruby

Report impossible123 January 1, 2019 8:16 PM GMT
How many were Skelton ahead of Johnson at one time?; 47 is not such a tall order if Ruby has the same number of rides as he did in the past seasons to allow him to catch up  afterall both he and Townend are riding for the same stable. To me he's not as hungry for rides or as successful as he once was. Also, it is taking him longer to over his injuries these days.

Like Faugheen it's time both Faugheen and Ruby call it a day, I believe.
Report STATSMAN January 1, 2019 8:23 PM GMT
https://www.racingpost.com/news/from-the-genius-of-mullins-to-the-jockeys-ch...
Report QueueCard January 1, 2019 11:09 PM GMT

Jan 1, 2019 -- 2:16PM, impossible123 wrote:

How many were Skelton ahead of Johnson at one time?; 47 is not such a tall order if Ruby has the same number of rides as he did in the past seasons to allow him to catch up  afterall both he and Townend are riding for the same stable. To me he's not as hungry for rides or as successful as he once was. Also, it is taking him longer to over his injuries these days.Like Faugheen it's time both Faugheen and Ruby call it a day, I believe.

Firstly Skelton was ahead of Johnson by maybe 20/25 at the most, with probably 9 months of the season still to go. There is also a lot more racing in the UK than Ireland, meaning this type of gap in June/July isn't huge. In Ireland, with only about 60 racing days left in the season, for Ruby to ride 43 more winners than Townend and 41 more winners than Blackmore and 31 more winners than Davy Russell is nearly impossible. So as any friend would do, he's perhaps doing a small bit to let Townend ride a few more for Mullins than perhaps he otherwise would. I know, if my chance was gone I'd be delighted to see a close colleague who works for the same stable be successful. Prior to breaking his leg in November 2017, the previous time Ruby missed more than 20 days for any injury was after shoulder surgery in 2014. He missed 15 weeks with the broken leg, i dont think thats particularly long for a broken leg. He was unfortunate to break it again which caused another 18 weeks (probably just giving himself an extra bit of time off to recover, knowing that missing summer racing wasnt the end of the world), again i dont think thats particularly long.

Report Movewiththetimes January 1, 2019 11:25 PM GMT
Ruby's already said he can't win title and Townsend can so he's letting him have more rides as it would be selfish if he didn't.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com