Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Diff-rent
28 Dec 18 10:24
| Topic/replies: 2,666 | Blogger: Diff-rent's blog
He's had a couple of favourites recently who looked like winning only to be turned over.

He's got Bacardys & Bellshill today ?
Pause Switch to Standard View Ruby Walsh riding over fences can he...
Show More
Report tanglefoot December 28, 2018 11:29 AM GMT
Not a great ride on Footpad yesterday, retirement looks near, new face on RTV
Report RothmanMike December 28, 2018 12:00 PM GMT
I don't Play or Lay with races involving him,same with McCoy in his later years.
Still capable as he still gets choice rides, for how much longer......?
Report RothmanMike December 28, 2018 12:22 PM GMT
Surely the end is nigh.
Riding a very short one into 10th place, bloke's confidence must be zero.
Report acey deucy December 28, 2018 12:35 PM GMT
Been a Racing Nut for 40+ Years, two Jockeys have stood out above all others over Jumps John Francome and Ruby Walsh...Can he still be trusted over Fences? I would bet my Bottom Dollar that he can.

=
Report acey deucy December 28, 2018 1:26 PM GMT
Whoops
Report in hell December 28, 2018 1:27 PM GMT
Wrestles to the floor AGAIN
Report MJK December 28, 2018 1:27 PM GMT
Would've won unfortunately
Report KurtCobain. December 28, 2018 1:28 PM GMT
Ruby had that race won. Ruby and that final fense has plagued his entire career.
Report EastLower Gooner December 28, 2018 1:30 PM GMT
I dunno...Gun Digger was strong all the way to the line. Barcardys still had to get by when he fell.
Report baracoudafan December 28, 2018 1:31 PM GMT
Walsh  bound to get stick on here, but that ride on Bacardys was a peach. Dodgy jumper so he allowed the horse to take his time and build some confidence. Looked like coming with a winning run only to crumple on landing. Horse jumped the fence okay and provided the fall does not leave a mark, compensation awaits,
Report MJK December 28, 2018 1:32 PM GMT
Thought it was a good ride myself up to the last
Report loper December 28, 2018 1:33 PM GMT
If he'd been closer than 10L behind at the 2nd last then he would not have had to go for a long one at the last.

HTHs.
Report badsworth boy December 28, 2018 1:35 PM GMT
spot on ioper
Report acey deucy December 28, 2018 1:39 PM GMT
Yeah I agree he was to far back.
Report carrot1960 December 28, 2018 1:49 PM GMT
All the hard work done gives the horse a peach of a ride then gives it away by easing his mount into the last and down it comes.
Report RothmanMike December 28, 2018 1:52 PM GMT
All these Peaches, but no fruit to eat .
Report in hell December 28, 2018 1:59 PM GMT
And another
Report EastLower Gooner December 28, 2018 2:00 PM GMT
Outdated riding style imo...like Mourinho vs Klopp
Report acey deucy December 28, 2018 2:01 PM GMT
Gooner talk sense ffs.
Report EastLower Gooner December 28, 2018 2:01 PM GMT
Faugheen Up...just looks a little sad :(
Report CROPSICK December 28, 2018 2:13 PM GMT
surely needs to retire soon gonna get hurt again if doesnt,owners are bound to be thinking is he still the best jockey to be riding their horses.
maybe they will pull WM aside and put pressure on him to have a quiet word
Report AllinR1 December 28, 2018 2:18 PM GMT
Acey Ducey..you've been a boxing fan for over 40 years and still thought Wilder would destroy Fury.

Perhaps your judgement isn't as good as you think it is?
Report Autocue December 28, 2018 2:18 PM GMT
Was the best around but seems to be the kiss of death nowadays.
Report Baphornet December 28, 2018 2:18 PM GMT
He won't take any notice of Mullins. His Dad he might
Report sewter lives again December 28, 2018 2:20 PM GMT
if you carry on the ground always wins
Report fredlyn December 28, 2018 2:22 PM GMT
He should bow out now - in worse condition now than say McCoy, who has been retired years
hand , eye , brain . judgement , coordination all seen better days
Report acey deucy December 28, 2018 2:22 PM GMT
So what are you saying Alli Ruby is finish?
Report Autocue December 28, 2018 2:23 PM GMT
Just glad Faugheen got up. Thought he'd broken his neck.
Report acey deucy December 28, 2018 2:26 PM GMT
Alli put a selection up buddy and lets see how good you are.
Report Burkey1885 December 28, 2018 2:32 PM GMT
Another odds on Mullins horse turned over the winner was hammered in betting from 12/1
Has a bit on but missed price how can u back a horse at that price over 2 years off track Crazy
Report Rollo Tomasi December 28, 2018 2:34 PM GMT
Instead of Ruby I think of him as FUBARy Walsh now.
Report Burkey1885 December 28, 2018 2:41 PM GMT
His fav record is I’ll tumble for you ! Laugh
Report Burkey1885 December 28, 2018 2:53 PM GMT
U can’t win on here u put up u get stick u don’t u get stick my starting bank last night was a mere
£75  around 2 k now bit a bad day even with cash out Rem magic sometimes
Less is better than nothing m8 Wink
Report StillLearning December 28, 2018 3:00 PM GMT
£75 to 2k in a day, impressive burkey, what did you back to win all that mate?
Report newmugpunter December 28, 2018 3:25 PM GMT
how long can they keep putting him on great horses, faugheen and getabird to name just 2 he messed , he's been doing it for 20 years, how can they possibly compare him to AP Mccoy , which great horse can you blame him for ??? Walsh should retire asap
Report Diff-rent December 28, 2018 3:57 PM GMT
I layed the two chase mounts not for a lot. I'm not expert but it seems to me for whatever reason he's lost that  extra sparkle over fences. Perhaps he's worried about getting injured again ?

Either way one to avoid now over larger obstacles. Most of his wins come over hurdles now days.
Report acey deucy December 28, 2018 4:01 PM GMT
Diff just as a matter of interest how long have you been betting?
Report Diff-rent December 28, 2018 4:07 PM GMT
I'd like to think there's a couple of jockeys over a fence better than Ruby in my opinion. It's a shame but age & injuries catch up with us all in the end. Think also the horses now sense his hesitation.

I don't blame Ruby he's human and like any off us, as we grow older we become less brave and more cautious.
Report Diff-rent December 28, 2018 4:07 PM GMT
Over 30 years ?
Report acey deucy December 28, 2018 4:12 PM GMT
There is not a Jockey on the Planet better than Ruby diff..Ask any Jockey in the weighing room and they will probably tell you the same thing.The guy is going through a shocker right now but it's just bad luck nothing else.
Report acey deucy December 28, 2018 4:12 PM GMT
There is not a Jockey on the Planet better than Ruby diff..Ask any Jockey in the weighing room and they will probably tell you the same thing.The guy is going through a shocker right now but it's just bad luck nothing else.
Report acey deucy December 28, 2018 4:20 PM GMT
I mean comparing that clown Townsend to Ruby is just laughable.
Report dom888 December 28, 2018 4:21 PM GMT
Ann stokell would have more winners on all the shorties he gets beat at the moment
Report irishone December 28, 2018 4:25 PM GMT
this will be his last cheltenham
Report xmoneyx December 28, 2018 4:27 PM GMT
ben hogan knew it was time when he couldn't putt
Report Dr Crippen December 28, 2018 4:36 PM GMT
What does the jockey do wrong that makes a horse fall?
Report irishone December 28, 2018 4:53 PM GMT
Sometimes they let the horse free, particularly Davy and Ruby
McCoy rode into the last so does blackmore
Report acey deucy December 28, 2018 5:13 PM GMT
Yeah Ruby has suddenly forgot what the hell to do as he approaches the last.LaughLaugh
Report duffy December 28, 2018 5:27 PM GMT
acey deucy 28 Dec 18 16:12 

How long has it been going on though? This has been rumbling on for months and months , I've said before that he holds a number of horses up and quite often he's having to make ground up late in an almost panic. There's nothing wrong with his bottle because he ends up having to hurl some of his mounts at the the final obstacles which might be part of the problem.

I'm no expert of course but it seems to me that the book of evidence is building against him, there's just too much of it.
Report Dr Crippen December 28, 2018 5:32 PM GMT
And the trainers who use him don't see any of that duffy?
Report duffy December 28, 2018 5:38 PM GMT
He is one of the greatest of all time, therefore it is natural that it would take a lot longer for him to start to be questioned by the people that matter, he will be afforded there loyalty, I said on another thread that I was amazed when Mullins openly criticised him a while back. That's the start for me.
Report irishone December 28, 2018 6:39 PM GMT
Willie is rubys sage .
Most jockeys communicate with the whip, thru the bit, boots or shouting.
Ruby done it thru his knees
Hes gone since cheltenham last year.
He came back too early and he got taught a lesson.
It may be the strength in the legs aint the same.
Hes not the same and willie knows it.
Report paul the b December 28, 2018 6:57 PM GMT
Doesn't your hair go white if your frightened to death???.......If that's the case he should retire in one piece before he really injures himself. Plenty of decent jockeys about who don't deck them as often as him.
He's had his time at the top......time to move aside.....just my opinion.
Report Dr Crippen December 28, 2018 7:01 PM GMT
Of the two fallers today.

Bacardys crumpled on landing.
Faugheen knocked the hurdle flat and his legs went from under him.

Can't see how the jockey can be criticised for either.
Report firstimevisor December 28, 2018 7:07 PM GMT
Ruby will ride on for a few seasons yet. Show me a jockey who doesn't get falls and I'll show you a jockey who has lost his bottle.Ruby still has more bottle than any jockey I've ever seen.
The idea that a jockey's ability declines in their 30s or 40s is laughable.Successful jockeys retire for reasons such as loss of nerve, injury-ending careers,medical advice,pressure from wife/kids,or they just reach the stage where they want an easier life.I have rarely - very very rarely - seen a successful jockey who's ability declines as he gets older and while his nerve is still intact.
Mullins rates Ruby head and shoulders above any other jockey riding and he would love to have him for a few more years.
Report paul the b December 28, 2018 7:08 PM GMT
Dr Crippen.......because he is falling and making mistakes with a great degree of regularity over the last few seasons......He is defo not the jockey he once was......I don't care what you say.
Report Dr Crippen December 28, 2018 7:16 PM GMT
Correction paul the b.

It's not the jockey that falls or makes mistakes, it's the horses they ride.

McCoy went through a period of getting horses on the floor, they all do.

You rarely see an apprentice suffer the same criticism, yet surely if it were all to do with the jockey, these kids would be having fallers left right and centre?
Report Dr Crippen December 28, 2018 7:20 PM GMT
If the horse is unsighted or short of room at a fence, then the jockey can be at fault.

But when the horse has a clear sight of the fence and doesn't get high enough, what was the jockey supposed to do?
Report RothmanMike December 28, 2018 9:52 PM GMT
As usual 3 defending him, and the other 33 talking sense.
Report firstimevisor December 28, 2018 10:46 PM GMT
That kind of makes sense then, seeing as over 90% of the posts here on are utter bawlax
Report RothmanMike December 28, 2018 11:52 PM GMT
And 90% are in complete denial.
Not a problem though,as they are the ones who continue to bet him I guess. PlainPlain.
Report shlotter December 28, 2018 11:59 PM GMT
Sorry. he is not the jockey he was.
Report Kriskin December 29, 2018 12:16 AM GMT

Dec 28, 2018 -- 10:36AM, Dr Crippen wrote:

What does the jockey do wrong that makes a horse fall?

What a load of bollox.  Have u ever ridden a horse or understand the relationship between any rider and their horse.  The rider is everything to the horse.  A horse can feel if the person on top is giving them the right signals. If the signs the horse is getting are not the right one(s) then its an uphill battle for the rider to control the horse.  The horse will decide what goes on if the person on top is NO good.

Report ptlish December 29, 2018 12:17 AM GMT
Im not defending Ruby, far from it too cocky for my liking but have any of you been to a stable open day and like me peered over the stable door to see a huge beast and thought jee how do they stay on ! no seatbelts no steering wheel no brakes no handles no on off button, its no wonder they hit the deck on a regular basis champion or not.
Report irishone December 29, 2018 10:47 AM GMT
Kriskin, that aint always the case. Spoke to davy russell and he was ambivilent about it. Theres the horse that needs the signals then theres the one that it doesnt matter what the jockey wants the horse does it his way. I have owned three of them and when one decides to listen for the signals hes perfect, but just like humans, some days he aint having it, and trust me at half a ton , he wins that battle.
Report loper December 29, 2018 10:57 AM GMT
Where's the head in hands man when you need him?!

Ruby has spent his entire career falling off twice as often as other top riders, but his supporters continue to ignore the fact.

It is as if Ruby is the messiah when in fact he is a very naughty boy.
Report MJK December 29, 2018 11:39 AM GMT
I've bet Ruby on 3 today so expect plenty of stick when they all fail miserably!
Report McCoy Carp December 29, 2018 1:26 PM GMT
Laugh
Report Deptford December 29, 2018 1:33 PM GMT
Never given a chance, stinking rancid mess over there, anyone betting on that **** needs urgent medical attention
Report McCoy Carp December 29, 2018 1:34 PM GMT
Their racing looks different to ours
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y December 29, 2018 1:35 PM GMT
Not many betting after the last 3 days i'd guess Deptford, i've 3 tickets i could not give away for today, literally went through my phonebook offering them to people who are usually there but they've all waved the white flag on the week Laugh
Report G Hall December 29, 2018 1:36 PM GMT
Corruption everywhere in Ireland gave the winner an easy lead laid Limini they couldn't give it away no questions asked no wonder O'Leary pulled rank
Report G Hall December 29, 2018 1:40 PM GMT
Sane as that premier nobody wanted to go racing that I know, all disillusioned by O'Brien on the flat and Mullins etc over the sticks
Report cloone river December 29, 2018 3:42 PM GMT
When did Limini last win over hurdles?
Report Autocue December 29, 2018 3:48 PM GMT
Melon jumped badly under Ruby today. Was very lucky to stay upright and a good sit by Ruby but he's no longer reliable.
Report Diff-rent January 1, 2019 11:14 AM GMT
Rubys first ride back over fences since Bellshill good run a few days ago.

Al Boum Photo trading around 7/4 on here.  If it wins well done but I'm going to continue laying him over fences. So far it's going well.
Report acey deucy January 1, 2019 11:26 AM GMT
You'll be sorry.
Report Dr Crippen January 1, 2019 12:16 PM GMT
Kriskin

You've obviously learned little.

In the 2:10 at Uttoxeter yesterday, Miss Lucy Turner claiming 7lbs and riding the 100/30 favourite, won by 9 lengths.
She joined the leader on the last circuit, and eased into the lead 3 out won as she liked.   
While second place was fought out between a 3lbs claiming jockey and the champion jockey.
The claimer won that tussle as well.

You quoted my question but you didn't answer it.
If you're still backing jockeys instead of horses after 15 years on here, I think you'd better keep your stakes to a minimum.
Report acey deucy January 1, 2019 4:05 PM GMT
Wink
Report basilbrush January 1, 2019 4:20 PM GMT
Hate to say it, but......in between having his rides too far back, and falling far too often, Ruby is now an utter liability in the saddle and has been for several years. There is definitely something very wrong with the way he presents horses at the hurdles/fences in the latter part of races when in contention. Its a bit of a mystery, but something is very wrong for it to happen so often on such good horses.
Report Dr Crippen January 1, 2019 4:49 PM GMT
There is definitely something very wrong with the way he presents horses at the hurdles/fences

So what is it he's doing wrong exactly?
Report Dr Crippen January 1, 2019 4:51 PM GMT
/\Perhaps Kriskin could come back and help us here as well?
Report Diff-rent January 1, 2019 5:53 PM GMT
Well done acey, won impressively.
Report Diff-rent January 12, 2019 10:38 AM GMT
Racing post comment : Kildorrery Has the assistance of Ruby Walsh and coming late off a strong pace should suit very well.

My advice is to keep win laying him over a fence especially in novice chases.
Report Diff-rent January 12, 2019 2:29 PM GMT
I guess the racing post was partially correct.  He would come late with his run.
Report Diff-rent January 20, 2019 12:41 PM GMT
Is there any reason why stable Jockey Ruby is not taking the ride on Total Recall ?

In years gone by he would have been able to switch would he not ? May be I'm wrong.
Report foxy January 20, 2019 1:50 PM GMT
He does ride total recall
Report foxy January 20, 2019 1:52 PM GMT
It’s been known for around 2 hours just betfair haven’t bothered changing it
Report acey deucy January 20, 2019 2:15 PM GMT
Shocked
Report geoff m January 20, 2019 2:18 PM GMT
reckon he should have dismounted  there.
Report chavman January 20, 2019 2:22 PM GMT
steering jobs only.
Report acey deucy January 20, 2019 2:32 PM GMT
Ruby And Barry can you see any similarities there?...Last Season for both of theses Greats.Plain
Report domino14 January 20, 2019 2:35 PM GMT
Ruby's bottle is shot to bits.
Report chavman January 20, 2019 2:49 PM GMT
surely theyve both got enough sense to go out whilst everyone remembers their glory years not the disaster years
Report Diff-rent January 24, 2019 1:08 PM GMT
Ruby on the two favourites over fences today any views ?

Both look solid enough on form but I just can't back him so win laying them both .
Report Tiger Tiger January 24, 2019 3:47 PM GMT
That'll be 3/3 and a 100% record for Ruby on favs in Chases so far 2019.
Report Dr Crippen January 24, 2019 3:56 PM GMT
A novice chaser first time over fences was the second winner there.
Report acey deucy January 24, 2019 4:23 PM GMT
The Best Jump Jockey On The Planet and you want to lay him?...You will be on the street in no time diff and deservedly so.
Report sageform January 24, 2019 5:20 PM GMT
Didn't back him but he did look better today. Can't be 100% though or he would be taking more rides. I can see him just riding in the valuable races for Mullins for the rest of this season and then calling it a day.
Report Diff-rent March 15, 2019 3:40 PM GMT
Stick to hurdles Ruby please...
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com