Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
par
13 Dec 18 15:23
| Topic/replies: 7,975 | Blogger: par's blog
Why did you bother turning up for work today son.
Show More
Report hulk23 December 13, 2018 3:24 PM GMT
just layed him on the fav in the last, that was absolutely hopeless ...
Report sageform December 13, 2018 3:25 PM GMT
Brilliant ride to get the first one home thoughGrin
Report by purpose December 13, 2018 3:26 PM GMT
Thats twice today turnip head.Ye may get Sam back...
Report cardenden December 13, 2018 3:27 PM GMT
up the inside,,yet switched to the outside
Report racing6699 December 13, 2018 3:30 PM GMT
He let the winner get first run for no good reason really other than he incompetence
Report granitjack December 13, 2018 3:31 PM GMT
He’s terrible.
Report Whistlejacket December 13, 2018 3:56 PM GMT
If I was Nicholl's I would urgently be looking for a replacement jockey.  I am sure he wouldn't go far wrong picking one of several far better options in Ireland, for instance.  He ought to have been going home with at least 3 winners by now today, but all he has to show for it is a winner on a 2/9 favourite!
Report hulk23 December 13, 2018 3:58 PM GMT
5/2 fav, tailed off.  arise sir harry Cool
Report Whistlejacket December 13, 2018 4:08 PM GMT
Cobden should go home tonight and ask himself why he elected to ride an ex 1m4f flat horse (albeit a 90+ rated one)for a turn of foot on a sharp jumps track track with a short run in? Whoops
Report ribero1 December 13, 2018 4:13 PM GMT
No particular fan of Cobden's (much prefer STD) but unless you're Ruby Walsh the Nicholl's job seems one where you are continually undermined which can't do your confidence much good,he's been in the job 2 minutes and the first big decision has gone against him already with STD keeping the ride on Politologue and a couple of days later has a day like today.
Still a cracking job and no doubt he'll ride his share of big winners with horses like Topothegame to come plus plenty from Tizzard.
Report Whistlejacket December 13, 2018 4:21 PM GMT
Ribero, I wouldn't disagree with you. One often hears that to be the case.  Nevertheless any jockey attached to a stable like Nicholls' has to expect, and accept, it is a highly charged environment where you always have to bring your A-game to the table at all times. The vast majority of horses in that yard are quite expensive and sloppy mistakes and being average simply won't do.
Report mmmalushka December 13, 2018 4:25 PM GMT
Halfwits crtisising
Report mmmalushka December 13, 2018 4:27 PM GMT
a  20 year old still learning his trade,I think he will be top notch
Report granitjack December 13, 2018 4:37 PM GMT
What you think he’ll be good as McCoy and Walsh? Excited
Report sageform December 13, 2018 6:04 PM GMT
He certainly needs to learn how to ride Taunton which is very different from Sandown, Cheltenham etc. He is a good rider but got the tactics wrong 3 times today.
Report kansas December 13, 2018 7:19 PM GMT
Will be interesting to see what happens to Bryony.

All the talent in the world but needs a new agent by the looks of things
Report granitjack December 13, 2018 8:15 PM GMT
Bit of an overstatement there. She’s pretty decent and better than Cobden but I wouldn’t say she’s ‘got all the talent in the world’ by any means. Nowhere near matches up to the best Irish jockeys of the past years.
Report Dr Crippen December 13, 2018 8:52 PM GMT
On Capetown after getting cut off he came wide and cruised into the lead where he jumped the third last slowly and made a mistake.

The winner went a length or so up and Capeland didn't recover in time.

It was that mistake three out that cost Capeland the race.
Poor ride all the same.
Report stewarty b December 13, 2018 8:56 PM GMT
Nicholls would chew his right hand off to get Ruby back. Different gravy.
Report stewarty b December 13, 2018 8:56 PM GMT
* imo.
Report Olly79 December 13, 2018 9:55 PM GMT
Just one question for anyone moaning about Harry. if you do not like him, would it not make sense to give his mounts a miss. Ruby would not go back because he has not got the fire power that he once had. That is why you have not got a top notch stable jockey. The guy is young and personally i think he is ok, just give him a few more years if Paul doesn't ruin him first!!!!
Report Davros December 13, 2018 10:04 PM GMT
I only watched him on Capeland and Birds of Prey and don't watch much racing at the moment.  He actually seems to do a good job getting the horses organised early on and gets them jumping with rhythm.  Unfortunately he seems to forget that the point of it is to position the horses to win - when he's out of his ground he then seems to panic a little bit.

I would have thought he might be quite good riding experienced front-runners and useful on the schooling grounds.
Report Dr Crippen December 13, 2018 10:25 PM GMT
He intended going up the inside on Capeland but got cut off when the one in front went to the rail, which was to be expected.
Then he found himself shuffled back and went from being with the leaders to 4-5 lengths behind and had to go to wide on the bend to find daylight to get back into it.
Report stewarty b December 13, 2018 10:27 PM GMT
As Fred winter said.... 'Most races are won on the back straight'.
Report kevo December 13, 2018 11:14 PM GMT
I agree that today was an average day for Harry, but overall I have been impressed with his riding this year and he doesn't lack for confidence.
Report sageform December 14, 2018 9:11 AM GMT
I agree with that kevo and it won't put me off backing his rides at Cheltenham. When you ride a lot of horses that have a stone in hand it is easy to get overconfident as he did on those 2 yesterday but he will learn. The 2 he rode for Tizzard would not have won however they were ridden.
Report Dr Crippen December 14, 2018 9:53 AM GMT
It was that mistake at the third last which ultimately cost Copeland the race.
Not Cobden getting in a mess.

The horse couldn't recover the ground it lost in time, but finished running.
Report greggyg December 14, 2018 12:54 PM GMT
rubbish
Report granitjack December 14, 2018 12:55 PM GMT
Talk about cutting your own throat....
So tactically inept it’s unreal.
Report racing6699 December 14, 2018 12:55 PM GMT
similar ride again - didnt want to lead at any stage - just keeps getting it tactically wrong imo
Report cardenden December 14, 2018 12:59 PM GMT
WHY TAKE THE LEADER ON SO SOON,,
Report differentdrum December 14, 2018 1:20 PM GMT
Candidate for one of the most inept rides you will see all season.

Was riding six and seven out as if it was the end of the race and he has completely burst the horse and he has ended up being a spent force with three to jump. Pathetic.
Report granitjack December 14, 2018 1:34 PM GMT
He seems to do this on most horses though. Ends up f*cking up his own chance every time by either making stupid manoeuvres like that miles out or racing about 15 or 20 wide the whole way round...
Report granitjack December 14, 2018 2:39 PM GMT
Yet another ride where he’s 6 or 7 wide needlessly. Didn’t give the horse a chance.
Report Dr Crippen December 14, 2018 3:12 PM GMT
These are silly comments, when people don't even know the instructions he's been given by the trainer.

greggyg, people who shout rubbish at other poster are usually rubbish themselves.
Report granitjack December 14, 2018 3:47 PM GMT
Yet another desperately poor and tactically inept ride.
Report kevo December 27, 2018 11:51 PM GMT
Well done Harry Cobden over the last couple of days at Kempton.
Report MJK December 28, 2018 8:10 AM GMT
The ride in the first race yesterday was bizarre. Did he think it was a 1M race? Good luck to him for his wins though. Hopefully someone will tell him to ride out for a place.
Report MJK December 28, 2018 2:40 PM GMT
Once again shows that the horse has to have pounds in hand for him to win on it
Report kevo December 28, 2018 2:46 PM GMT
Did you not watch the King George MJK nice steering job on the 12/1 shot, and what about the double at Kempton yesterday. I thought maybe there would be at least one positive comment from
the knackers...oops sorry knockers.
Report MJK December 28, 2018 2:49 PM GMT
Just because a horse is 12/1 doesn't mean it hadn't got pounds in hand on the day. Stiff as Nick on a horse and then resorts to bouncing up and down. A perfect example that race of swap the jockeys in the finish and a different result.
Report mmmalushka December 28, 2018 2:52 PM GMT
Think your right kevo,the old knackers will never have a good word to say about the lad.
Report Gerald the Show Pony December 28, 2018 2:52 PM GMT
Skelton saw a chance to win this and Cobden was trying to win it without giving the horse a race. I wish I trusted my instinct in running as the Skelton horse was easily available at 10 when it was obvious that it should have been even money
Report kevo December 28, 2018 2:55 PM GMT
Clan Des Obeaux winner officially rated 160, Native River rated 176 third. You work it out MJK.
Report MayoMan December 28, 2018 2:56 PM GMT
He's just another very average jock
Report jmdc December 28, 2018 2:58 PM GMT
Both horses rated to dead heat, so what are you all going on about?
Report kevo December 28, 2018 3:00 PM GMT
WTF?
Report jmdc December 28, 2018 3:01 PM GMT
Both rated 132 with weight adjustments.
Report MJK December 28, 2018 3:04 PM GMT

Dec 28, 2018 -- 8:55AM, kevo wrote:

Clan Des Obeaux winner officially rated 160, Native River rated 176 third. You work it out MJK.

You did see the part where I say on the day' didn't you? You often see horses hack up in big handicaps at big prices. On the day they had pounds in hand which is why they backed up. Not talking about ratings before the race as you well know.

Report kevo December 28, 2018 3:14 PM GMT
But you just said he needed 10lb in hand to win a race. Blind prejudice.
Report kevo December 28, 2018 3:17 PM GMT
jmdc I see you was referring to the Leicester race and not the KJ, ignore my comment.
Report xmoneyx December 28, 2018 3:17 PM GMT
search party for par
Report MJK December 28, 2018 3:23 PM GMT

Dec 28, 2018 -- 9:14AM, kevo wrote:

But you just said he needed 10lb in hand to win a race. Blind prejudice.

Where did I say he needed 10lbs in hand?

Report kevo December 28, 2018 3:37 PM GMT
Apologies you said he needed pounds in hand to win. His win in the KJ showed your comment to be be wide of the mark, but I doubt that you can see it.
Report MJK December 28, 2018 3:46 PM GMT
So you're saying the jockey made the difference? The horse was cantering up the straight ffs. Are you also saying no other jockey would've won in the tight finish today at Leicester?
Report kevo December 28, 2018 3:51 PM GMT
I'm not going to waste anymore time with you, good evening.
Report MJK December 28, 2018 3:54 PM GMT
Clear to see the stringer jockey won that race today. No harm in admitting it to be fair.
Report Dr Crippen December 28, 2018 5:06 PM GMT
What do you mean by stronger jockey?
Report MJK December 28, 2018 5:12 PM GMT
You obviously know what I mean
Report mmmalushka December 28, 2018 11:57 PM GMT
MJK, GIVE IT UP SUNSHINE,what other 20 year old jockey would have had the guts to take a pull three out and then two out in a KING GEORGE give the boy some credit for a tremendous ride.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com