Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
onlooker
10 Sep 18 17:43
| Topic/replies: 37,532 | Blogger: onlooker's blog
... 1,200 GNS

- to Andy Oliver.

WINS - first-time out for Oliver
----------------

Yet - The GRAVY-TRAIN sycophants still perpetuate the MYTH that JOHNSTON is a genius. Cry

04May18   
Tatts Guineas (h-i-t & 2yo)
    58    Shadwell Estate Company Ltd. from Shadwell Stud    Andrew Oliver    1,200 GNS
24Aug16   
Goffs UK Donc Premier (yearlings)
    338    From Tally Ho Stud, Ireland    Shadwell Estate Co Ltd    £150,000
26Nov15   
Tattersalls Dec (foals)
    917    From Trickledown Stud    Tally-Ho Stud    88,000 GNS
Pause Switch to Standard View Bought for £150,000 - sent to Mark...
Show More
Report GAZO September 10, 2018 5:49 PM BST
he also bought Dark Vision for £15,000 and godolphin paid how much for him
Report Cork Langer September 10, 2018 6:00 PM BST
Decision to geld the right option it would appear from the improved performance
Report zygote September 10, 2018 7:11 PM BST
Selective choice, Onlooker. You could just as easily have chosen a costly nag that O'Brien, Gosden, Stoute, Haggas, etc failed with.
Report cloone river September 10, 2018 8:21 PM BST
Good buy.Loved the going.
Report blackbarn September 10, 2018 8:30 PM BST
Haggas couldn't get even get Makfi on the racecourse.  Sold at auction then won the 2000gns
Report jackdaw September 10, 2018 8:50 PM BST
I don't know how much Alex Dunn paid for Cool Macavity but it was too much. Currently rated 114 it was already beaten out of sight in today's Newton Abbott non-hcap seller before being pulled up. I suppose it depends on the how quickly the handicapper relents but it looks at least 40lb wrong on current ratings.
Report Deltâ September 10, 2018 8:59 PM BST
Report GEORGE.B September 10, 2018 9:34 PM BST
blackbarn, I thought it was Tregoning, not Haggas Confused
Report sparrow September 10, 2018 9:35 PM BST
Wasn't Makfi with Tregoning before being sold?
Report sparrow September 10, 2018 9:37 PM BST
£25,000 for Makfi.
Report DenzilPenberthy September 10, 2018 9:43 PM BST
Dark Vision will be a notable exception,whenever super Mark spoke about ownership,prize money etc. he always coined the phrase 'Owners can expect to lose on average 70p in every £ invested' says it all.
Report Johnny_Mustang September 10, 2018 9:45 PM BST
Poor Makfi, he’s spent his whole life being not wanted:

Shadwell moved him on, Redvers moved him on, Aga Khan Studs sold him to Japan.
Report impossible123 September 10, 2018 10:10 PM BST
I think Godolphin will rue the day they bought Dark Vision after a spanking from Too Darn Hot in the Champagne stakes post saturday. What's the name of the chaser bought for mega bucks in France by the Potts for the Tizzards.
Report acey deucy September 10, 2018 10:15 PM BST
Tregoning sold Makfi and that did for the poor guy.Sad
Report Deltâ September 10, 2018 10:39 PM BST
Alary
Report Sir Epicure Mammon September 10, 2018 10:42 PM BST
Poor bait but plenty jumped onto the hook.
Shadwell bought the 150k donkey then allocated it to MJ
He bought Dark Vision himself on spec.
Report GEORGE.B September 10, 2018 11:19 PM BST
I don't think onlooker is fishing, but suspect blackbarn was, and to think I had him down as one of the sensible ones. Should have realised he had his rod out as he's known as Mr Shadwell on here and he'd know something that is essentially common knowledge within the little world of racing.

Mind, I wouldn't want to be in blackbarn's shoes when Mr Haggas's lawyers get hold of him Laugh
Report impossible123 September 10, 2018 11:29 PM BST
Thanks. The one that tok the gold biscuit was Snaffi Dancer who Sheikh Mo bought under the nose of Coolmore for a cool $10.2m; he was too slow, and embarrassed to race with thus retired to stud duty; he also had fertility problem and only sired 4 foals none of which were special.
Report Tiger Tiger September 10, 2018 11:58 PM BST
impossible123 -Dark Vision isn't due to run in the Champagne Stakes, more likely to run in the Goffs Vincent O'Brien National Stakes at the Curragh on Sunday.
Report sparrow September 11, 2018 7:19 AM BST
People always going on about fishing Plain
Report impossible123 September 11, 2018 10:10 AM BST
Thanks, probably owing to the Sheikh owning Quorto too.
Report TheFear September 11, 2018 10:17 AM BST
with that many horses im surprised johnston, fahey and co can remember all the names
Report SHADDER September 11, 2018 12:41 PM BST
don't know how much Alex Dunn paid for Cool Macavity but it was too much. Currently rated 114 it was already beaten out of sight in today's Newton Abbott non-hcap seller before being pulled up. I suppose it depends on the how quickly the handicapper relents but it looks at least 40lb wrong on current ratings.

Point is though when Ms Dunn gets said horse dropped the 40lb or to whatever mark shes fit she will recoup the 6k purchase price with interest.
Report doorman99 September 11, 2018 2:29 PM BST
I don't think she will cos to me Cool Macavity looked lame or was walking v poorly in paddock ysdy then didn't gallop much better. She has so many horses now as a compulsive buyer of anything that I don't think she even noticed, would Martin Pipe in his day stood in the centre marking his card about everyone else's horses fitness missed this one, I sincerely doubt it. Have just thought while writing this, do vets not observe them in the paddock in case they are trained by rich idiots who know nothing like Miss Dunn and are running a lame horse? Another one that springs to mind is the one that cantered to start on 3 legs when Angus and Amy were appalled from the studio then got wdrawn (finally) at start. Can't remember whose that was. Alary is back in France and ran 3 times uselessly there too.
Report GLASGOWCALLING September 11, 2018 3:14 PM BST
Good point that doorman, I wouldn't have
The foggiest idea about vets watching
For lameness ? But it sounds a good idea.
Report doorman99 September 11, 2018 3:22 PM BST
They are definately in paddock to check all tongue straps so one would hope that professional pride would mean they alertred stewards if one was noticed. However if it was late in paddock and lots had tongue straps to be checked you can see how it would be missed but honestly how disappointing (and cruel) is it for a trainer to send a lame one out to run. Shows how useless some of them are.
Report GEORGE.B October 16, 2018 4:30 PM BST
According to the RP spotlight on Saturday, 5 days after it won at Listowel, it fetched 120,000 Euros at the Goffs Champion Sale at Leopardstown.

Sounds like good business considering what they paid for it out of MJs?

Well I don't know, cuz it apparently was still owned by the trainer when it ran on Saturday! Confused
Report onlooker October 16, 2018 6:15 PM BST
Interesting spot -  GEORGE - well done.

Shatharaat(IRE)
3yo
    (09Mar15 b g)
Trainer

A Oliver (Last 14 days: 1-6, 17%)
Owner
    A Oliver

Hamdan Al Maktoum until 4 Sep 2018

Sire
    Kodiac (GB) (7.2f)
Dam
    Party Whip (IRE)
Dam's Sire
    Whipper (USA) (8.7f)
Breeder
    Oakhill Stud

date    sale name    lot    vendor    purchaser    price

15Sep18   
Goffs Champion (h-i-t)
    9    From Stragrane House Stables    BBA Ireland    €120,000
04May18   
Tatts Guineas (h-i-t & 2yo)
    58    Shadwell Estate Company Ltd. from Shadwell Stud    Andrew Oliver    1,200 GNS
24Aug16   
Goffs UK Donc Premier (yearlings)
    338    From Tally Ho Stud, Ireland    Shadwell Estate Co Ltd    £150,000
------------

Same on irishracing.com - so not a racingpost (non)update issue.

2nd  3.25L
Shatharaat (IRE) 3, b g 8-13 (A Oliver) -  A Oliver  -  G F Carroll
Report houseofpain October 16, 2018 6:25 PM BST
Its funny old game, even mick quinn getting sent £100,00 juveniles Laugh.
Report howard October 16, 2018 7:48 PM BST
Does onlooker work for a particular stable or just all other middleham yards ?Grin
Report TheFear October 16, 2018 8:12 PM BST
who in their right mind would pay 120 thousand for something that cost 1200 a few months earlier? That stinks.
Report GEORGE.B November 2, 2018 6:23 PM GMT
I noticed that Angelic Light, who won the Listed race at HQ today, was apparently sold at the ? same Goffs sale for E330,000, but like Shatharaat, the ownership doesn't appear to have changed.

Are these pretendee sales where horses go for 6-figure sums but no money or ownership changes hands? Crazy
Report blackbarn November 2, 2018 7:07 PM GMT
Agree its odd, George!   But it could be the Racing Post record keeping, which is sometimes (more) awry for Irish ownership.
Report GEORGE.B November 2, 2018 7:19 PM GMT
blackbarn, I wondered if it could have been cases of being bought back by the vendors, but it normally says so in the RP, and that doesn't appear to have been the case with the Oliver horse.
Report sageform November 2, 2018 7:29 PM GMT
The Fear, the 1200 sale was after the 150,000 one. Not that unusual for them to depreciate that much but not many of them win.
Report sageform November 2, 2018 7:31 PM GMT
Sorry, just looked at the first post, didn't see that it was sold again. Very strange.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com