Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
jerseyboy
17 Apr 18 19:00
| Topic/replies: 761 | Blogger: jerseyboy's blog
one for he clever ones.
What is the situation with a rev f/c when the winner and no other finishers, how are bets settled ??
Cheers.
Pause Switch to Standard View f/c when finishing alone
Show More
Report jamesdean April 17, 2018 7:05 PM BST
All bets void
Report SHADDER April 17, 2018 7:23 PM BST
If  only one horse finishes the given race, bets placed on this market will be broken down into separate bets and settled as SP win singles on each selection nominated to finish first. All other forecast bets will have lost.
This from the William Hill Rule Book
Therefore a £ 5 r/fcst on todays race pays £17.50
Report mouse muldoon April 17, 2018 7:37 PM BST
ttt
Report jerseyboy April 17, 2018 7:39 PM BST
Thanks Shadder.
will have to check my acc.
be lucky.
Report jerseyboy April 17, 2018 7:46 PM BST
Further to this'
I had nos 9 winner and 7 for 16 pounds result I LOSE  1.82
           9 and        6 for 9  pounds result I win 3.34.
           6 and 7   lose  no problem

but this can not be right or can it >???
Report DenzilPenberthy April 17, 2018 8:11 PM BST
I would be expecting £16 @ sp and £9 @ sp from what you've put so £56 + £31.50
Report SHADDER April 17, 2018 8:20 PM BST
Jersey
Did you have combo f/cst if so to what stakes ?
Report jerseyboy April 17, 2018 8:53 PM BST
I staked as follows  9 and 7  16 rev f/c
                     9 and 6   9 rev f/c

and losing bet of    7 and 6   11 rev f/c   losing bet

they are telling me that the first bet loses 1.82   the second bet wins  3.34.

They say the result is a dead heat ?????
Report jerseyboy April 17, 2018 8:56 PM BST
So I have a dead heat with the other 7 runners   nice game b/f.

Bit of a joke in my opinion.

What should be a profit is a loss.

Help needed...
Report jerseyboy April 18, 2018 10:05 AM BST
Think I will just walk away from this dispute just cant be bothered with them  no rule covering this situation, palmed off with a dead heat with the other 7 runners[ must be a record for a dead heat].
Wonder how many others had this problem or did nothing about it.
How can it possibly turn into a losing bet ??

16 pounds reverse f/c at odds of 6.20   one horse finishes alone  so I have 1/8 th of 16 pounds ie 2 pounds at 6.20== 12 40 therefore a losing bet, according to them, I lose 1.82 work that out.

Other bet   9 pounds reverse f/c  @ 9.60/1  so 1/8th of 9 pounds at 9.60 , I win according to them 3.34, work that out.

Complete farce.
Report jerseyboy April 18, 2018 10:05 AM BST
Think I will just walk away from this dispute just cant be bothered with them  no rule covering this situation, palmed off with a dead heat with the other 7 runners[ must be a record for a dead heat].
Wonder how many others had this problem or did nothing about it.
How can it possibly turn into a losing bet ??

16 pounds reverse f/c at odds of 6.20   one horse finishes alone  so I have 1/8 th of 16 pounds ie 2 pounds at 6.20== 12 40 therefore a losing bet, according to them, I lose 1.82 work that out.

Other bet   9 pounds reverse f/c  @ 9.60/1  so 1/8th of 9 pounds at 9.60 , I win according to them 3.34, work that out.

Complete farce.
Report jerseyboy April 18, 2018 10:17 AM BST
Other bookies have a rule where a dividend is declared in this scenario, not betfair..
Report frinton April 18, 2018 10:17 AM BST
I had a similar result last week. Betfair exchange rules have settlement as a dead heat with all forecast bets. I believe the only betting company that settles this way. It is probably due to the fact that any nrs in the forecast market and they void all bets
Report Willie Shafter. April 18, 2018 10:17 AM BST
bett365

Should any forecast contain a non-runner then the total stake will be placed to Win on the other selection, unless a non-runner results in less than 3 actually running in a race; then all forecasts for that race will be void. In fixed price forecasts the remaining selection will be settled at SP.

In races where a horse finishes alone and no forecast dividend is returned then all forecast bets nominating that horse to finish first will be settled as a Win single at SP on the winning horse. All other forecast bets in the race are lost.

In the event of two or more horses dead-heating for first or second place then separate dividends will be declared and paid to each qualifying forecast. In fixed price forecasts the full odds will be paid with the stake split according to the number of horses which dead-heat.
Report Willie Shafter. April 18, 2018 10:19 AM BST
PP

In the event of a selection finishing alone, a forecast dividend with any other runner will be declared..
Report Willie Shafter. April 18, 2018 10:21 AM BST
koral

If only one horse finishes a race, then if you had the winner as the first selection of your straight forecast you will be paid out as an SP single.

If you had the winner in a reverse forecast you will be paid out as an SP single on 1 straight forecast.

If you had other selections in your forecast not including the winner then your bet is a loser.
Report frinton April 18, 2018 10:45 AM BST
From market info on betfair:-

MARKET INFORMATION

For further information please see Rules & Regs.

Who will officially be placed first and second in this race (in any order)? Runners are listed by race card number. Horses are NOT COUPLED. Dead Heat rules apply. A non runner (excluding the removal of a reserve that hasn't been given the opportunity to get into the race) will result in all bets matched prior to the withdrawal being void and the market will be reformed. If reserve runners permutations are removed all bets matched on those permutations will be void, however all other bets will stand. If only one horse finishes the race this market will be settled as a Dead Heat between all combinations of the winning horse.

This market will be suspended at the off.
Report jerseyboy April 18, 2018 12:37 PM BST
Thanks for all the replies, seems like I will have to carry on moaning to no avail, be lucky all..
Report mice_elf_and_eye April 18, 2018 12:42 PM BST
This must have been Reverse Forecast Bets on the Exchange, since the OP quotes specific prices
taken of 6.20 and 9.60

Since these are EXCHANGE bets, then all reference to what Bookmakers do in such a situation is
completely, and utterly, irrelevant.

When a Bookmaker lays a Reverse CSF Bet, they never give a price before the start of the race.
They CAN'T give a price because the winning Forecast return is determined by an Algorithm (that's
why it's called a COMPUTER Straight Forecast) based on the ISPs of all horses in the race, but
most specifically on the ISPs of the first 2 horses.

In the case of the Exeter 17:30 Race, with just one finisher, then it is quite straightforward to
settle 'winning' Forecast numbers 9-1, 9-2, 9-3, 9-5, 9-6, 9-7, & 9-8 at odds of 5/2, the ISP of
winning horse Palmaria.

A Reverse Forecast (RFC) bet on the Exchange is an entirely different beast in relation to the
settling of winning bets. The Starting Price of the horses in the Race has absolutely NO bearing
on the settled prices, since All bets are struck BEFORE the start of the Race, and the Backers/Layers
are all matched at an agreed Price. That price has NOTHING to do with the SP, because it is price
agreed by the 2 parties, Backer & Layer, before the race begins, and thus before the SPs are known.

Imagine a Layer manages to get matched early in the day on horse Numbers 9 & 7, that are trading in
the Win Market at prices of 3.0 and 4.0 - at those prices, he'd be laying an RFC price of about 5.80
for horse numbers 7-9. Now imagine if, by the start of the Race, the 9 horse has drifted and goes off
at a BSP Win price of 6.48
Let's also suppose that the 9 horse is the only horse to finish. Are the sharp minds on here suggesting
that in this scenario the Layer should pay out at 6.48 on an RFC that was matched earlier in the day at 5.5 ?
That would be bonkers.

Betfair EXCHANGE's settlement of the 7 'winning' Forecast combinations on the Exeter 17:30 race under
deadheat rules, is entirely logical, entirely appropriate, and entirely fair.

Let me re-emphasise this point - these RFC bets were placed at specific prices on the EXCHANGE and not
with a Bookmaker.

The Betfair EXCHANGE has to be fair to both Backers and Layers in such cases. It is no good moaning
about what a Bookmaker would settle at, because a Bookmaker would not, and could not, offer the
pre-race RFC odds of 6.20 and 9.60 that the OP so readily took on the Exchange. The OP has to realise
that he did not have his wager with Betfair - his wager was with another Betfair customer like himself.
The Layers cannot be expected to payout the same amount for each 'winning' combo - they can only be
expected to pay out proportionately, against the actual prices they laid, under deadheat rules.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com