Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
skiptoomaloumacari
02 Apr 18 18:08
| Topic/replies: 1,865 | Blogger: skiptoomaloumacari's blog
Very sudden exit???
Pause Switch to Standard View Has Chapman been sacked??
Show More
Report mouse muldoon April 2, 2018 7:09 PM BST
Yeah, but he should have seen the warning signs.
Report flukes April 2, 2018 7:10 PM BST
Agreed Charwell. Didn't hear the comments but if its as reported and he has been sacked for that then it seems extreme, particularly in comparison to the Carragher incident.
Report gutfeeling April 2, 2018 7:10 PM BST
2 died last night in a car on M25, I guess the complaints came in pretty fast.
Report sparrow April 2, 2018 7:11 PM BST
Oh dear.
Report gutfeeling April 2, 2018 7:11 PM BST
Especially if people thought he was referencing it.
Report gutfeeling April 2, 2018 7:12 PM BST
I can't check his twitter as he blocked me ages ago Laugh
Report flushgordon1 April 2, 2018 7:12 PM BST
Must have been an autobahn.
Report mouse muldoon April 2, 2018 7:13 PM BST
Could start a new career as Rich Ricci's valet.
Report flukes April 2, 2018 7:13 PM BST
Wasn't aware of that Gutty, doesn't sound good in that context,
Report ashleigh April 2, 2018 7:14 PM BST
2 died on the m62 last night, are you sure it was the m25?
Report elise April 2, 2018 7:16 PM BST
no chance he's been binned, my lucks not that good
Report Facts April 2, 2018 7:16 PM BST
carnage

noun

the killing of a large number of people.

synonyms:    slaughter, massacre, mass murder, mass destruction, butchery, bloodbath, indiscriminate bloodshed, bloodletting, annihilation, destruction, decimation, havoc; More

Referencing the word ' carnage ' to a motorway where deaths have occurred, was somewhat stupid imo.
Report gutfeeling April 2, 2018 7:18 PM BST
Indeed it doesn't, I doubt he was aware but depending on how his bosses feel about the comment he could be job hunting pretty soon.
I can't stand him but wouldn't want anyone to lose their job for a joke even if it was in poor taste.
Report gutfeeling April 2, 2018 7:21 PM BST
Ashleigh just followed the link on article which mentioned the 2 deaths, Turns out it was from the 19th March, Strange they'd attach it to a current story.

https://www.essexlive.news/news/updates-m25-completely-closed-after-1408771
Report MC Roller April 2, 2018 7:27 PM BST
Words treated a lot worse than actions nowadays. I can think of a silly selfish drink driving woman at sky, and nothing happened there, which I find utterly disgusting.
Report lordnoise April 2, 2018 7:29 PM BST
I can see a scenario whereby there are a few calls from Matt haters wherupon the producer tells Matt 'better apologise'. Matt says *%uc$* this for a game of marbles and goes home. Kissed and made up already hopefully ... Laugh
Report mouse muldoon April 2, 2018 7:31 PM BST
Yeah, he'll probably make a full recovery.
Report onlooker April 2, 2018 7:34 PM BST
charwell.    02 Apr 18 19:05 
Carnage doesn't mean RTA's.

Many a time in heavy traffic the word 'carnage' is used. FFS he wasn't predicting Armageddon on the M25 - just comparing an attritional race to the attrition faced on BH Monday M25 journeys!
----------

Irrespective of what may have happened in the ATR studio, today ...

I entirely DISagree with your analysis.

News bulletins will used the word 'carnage' when there HAS been serious injury and death.

When there is just major traffic disruption - they will say there IS 'CHAOS' on the motorway.
Report mouse muldoon April 2, 2018 7:41 PM BST
I always thought the word carnage implied meat - or body parts when applied to humans.
Report mouse muldoon April 2, 2018 7:43 PM BST
severed limbs and stuff
Report SlippyBlue April 2, 2018 7:43 PM BST
I like Matt personally, I just take him with a pinch of salt really but he's pretty much harmless.
Report ribero1 April 2, 2018 7:47 PM BST
If that's all he said and he's got sacked (surely not?) the world's gone madder than I even thought it could.
Report the.mad.dog.man April 2, 2018 8:05 PM BST
no way sacked hes easyly the best on atr should get a pay rise
Report mouse muldoon April 2, 2018 8:08 PM BST
Should a get 100% pay rise and all the free charlie he wants.
Report kevo April 2, 2018 8:39 PM BST
Chris Rea referred to a motorway as the "Road To Hell" and I can't remember anyone taking offence to it at the time
Report xmoneyx April 2, 2018 9:00 PM BST
like my bets today

road to nowhere
Report RothmanMike April 2, 2018 9:11 PM BST
What he said was as follows:
At 17.15 Matt  said in his review of the last fence in the Irish Grand National,
"more carnage than there'll probably be on the M25 in the holiday traffic on the way home".
Not really a hanging offence ,is it.
Report mouse muldoon April 2, 2018 9:14 PM BST
More carnage than carnagy hall.
Report Willie Shafter. April 2, 2018 9:16 PM BST
he wernt referencing a particular happening..a comparison of little relevance imo
Report RothmanMike April 2, 2018 9:48 PM BST
17.42 Enzo says :
"apologies if anybody was offended by a comment by my colleague Matt Chapman earlier regarding the motorways overhere ,so apologies if anyone was upset or offended by that comment".
Fair enough,move on.
Report GLASGOWCALLING April 3, 2018 12:26 AM BST
cant see anything wrong with what he said, obviously someones phoned in and complained and they felt obliged to apologise.
Report BigField April 3, 2018 1:07 AM BST
modern world for ya
Report mrcombustible April 3, 2018 7:46 AM BST
I doubt he has been sacked.

"The #M25 is OPEN anti-c'wise between J6-J5 following a serious collision. @SurreyPolice have completed investigations into the incident and recovery of the vehicle involved is completed. Thanks for your patience.(9.00 am 02.04.18)"

A male driver in his 20s has died and four passengers have been taken to hospital, two in a serious condition after a car crashed into a tree on the M25.

The incident happened between Junctions 6 and 5 at around 2.40 am today (April 2).

The man was pronounced dead at the scene and two out of four passengers were taken to hospital with serious injuries.

The motorway was closed for up to eight hours as Surrey Police officers investigated the incident.

It is believed the blue BMW, travelling eastbound crashed into a tree just before Clacket lane Services.

In a statement Surrey Police said: “Sadly the driver, a man in his 20s died at the scene.

“His next of Kin have been informed.

“Four passengers were also injured, two seriously and are receiving hospital treatment.”

Officers believe a witness stopped at the scene before police arrived and are looking to hear from anyone who may have information.

If you have any information or witnessed the incident call Police on 101 or quote PR/P18074779.
0 comments
Report adamski April 3, 2018 8:15 AM BST
Probably stormed off in a huff when told to apologise. Dreadful presentation all afternoon, seems to think the whole game revolves around him and his opinions.
Report kevo April 3, 2018 8:57 AM BST
Matt would be my first choice presenting on ATR.

It would seem that there are some who love taking offence at any opportunity.
Report mastert April 3, 2018 10:28 AM BST
At least Matt has an opinion and doesnt sit on the fence getting splinters up his backside like most on the programme
Report lordnoise April 3, 2018 10:44 AM BST
Going through this thread its clear that Chapman is Mattmite ...
Report mouse muldoon April 3, 2018 10:46 AM BST
He's yeasterday's man.
Report hologon April 3, 2018 10:50 AM BST
some people seem to enjoy other peoples misfortune
Report mouse muldoon April 3, 2018 10:53 AM BST
And others will just be happy if they take the knobhead off the telly and replace him with someone slightly less egocentric and with a more measured presentation.
Report mouse muldoon April 3, 2018 10:56 AM BST
I prefer the ones that talk bollox rather than shout it.
Report nijinsky01 April 3, 2018 11:01 AM BST
Best character on atr by far bit of luck he will join proper racing channel now
Report mouse muldoon April 3, 2018 11:02 AM BST
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Report mouse muldoon April 3, 2018 11:04 AM BST
My fav character is Nevo as I have quite a penchant for the tragicomic.
Report deadbrain59 April 3, 2018 11:09 AM BST
top tipster Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooom.tipped one @ meydan for charity vasarabad won
Report Willie Shafter. April 3, 2018 11:09 AM BST
lordnoise    03 Apr 18 10:44 

are the posts invisible?
Report spyker April 3, 2018 11:23 AM BST
Meanwhile delta chuckles to himself and sits back in quiet satisfaction at his bleeding obvious work at the silliness of most on here.........
Report Eont April 3, 2018 2:13 PM BST
Did his shift finish at 5.30?
Report Tony67 April 3, 2018 2:20 PM BST
He'll pop back up on RUK when they start broadcasting Irish racing.
Report ProSniper April 3, 2018 2:22 PM BST
"Meanwhile delta chuckles to himself and sits back in quiet satisfaction at his bleeding obvious work at the silliness of most on here" One of the best anglers on here Cool alongside crosser..

Report kennythebetboy April 3, 2018 2:26 PM BST
Breaking News:
Press release:
To the delight of everyone, now that Turf TV is going through changes, ATR have taken the opportunity to engage the services of the ever popular Derek Thompson as presenter and link man for their racing coverage.
He will be ably supported by Natalie Sawyer as co-presenter, who recently relinquished her position as a presenter on Sky News for 18 years.
We welcome both and trust viewers will be suitably impressed by their professional coverage and presentation of horse racing in the coming months.

ATR.

ExcitedDevilWhoopsWinkWink
Report broadsword April 3, 2018 2:50 PM BST
too much hand-wringing these days......i blame the b brainwashing corp
Report 11kv April 3, 2018 5:39 PM BST
Delta
Report unbiased April 3, 2018 6:01 PM BST
Saw Jasper Carrot at the weekend and he told a car joke far far worse than this so called "problem joke",and he brought the house down.Politically correctness tosh,has taken us over,people have lost their sense of humour,and take life too seriously.
Chapman is good for tv,and when he interviews trainers,is one of the best.
    As said in one of the posts,he certainly isn't a fence sitter,and not on the gravy train,like the majority of the boring presenters,like Msapletoft,Boyce etc.,bland and boring,playing it totally safe at all times.
  Trainers often banter with Chapman.
Report RothmanMike April 3, 2018 6:15 PM BST
You got it sussed.
Report sparrow April 3, 2018 6:20 PM BST
Political correctness......the last desperate throw of the dice for the Chapman disciples. Cry
Report Deptford April 3, 2018 6:39 PM BST
I do not like him one bit, but if he got caned for saying that, what a load of bowlocks
Report sparrow April 3, 2018 6:41 PM BST
Who cares so long as we get rid of him.
Report RothmanMike April 3, 2018 6:43 PM BST
I second that emotion.
Report mouse muldoon April 3, 2018 6:43 PM BST
I agree with sparrow.
Report spyker April 3, 2018 7:09 PM BST
Politically correctness tosh,has taken us over,people have lost their sense of humour,and take life too seriously.

Couldn't agree more - what is even funnier are the idiots that are so anti P.C that they believe any old sheyte they read about it as it fits into their self-persecuted little realm view of the world.
Report 11kv April 3, 2018 7:13 PM BST
I agree with Spyker.
Report sparrow April 3, 2018 7:14 PM BST
I agree with Rothman and Mouse.
Report the.mad.dog.man April 3, 2018 7:33 PM BST
i disagree with anything rothman mike says lolLaugh
Report equine flew April 3, 2018 8:39 PM BST
100% chahhed my mind on Chapman.  When first on ATR, I thought he got the balance right of making things "fun", good knowledge and able to get the best out of interviewees

These days he is just a buffoon, makes noise for noise sake, shouts people down and (like McCoy) cannot say anything without with a unpleasant, arrogant disdain.  He would call it banter but has an underlying sourness
Report chavman April 3, 2018 8:50 PM BST
is it the end of the road for chapman
Report mouse muldoon April 3, 2018 8:52 PM BST
Technically no as the M25 is circular and has neither a beginning or an end.
Report chavman April 3, 2018 8:57 PM BST
could be at a crossroads in his career though
Report mouse muldoon April 3, 2018 9:00 PM BST
He'll no doubt be concentrating more on the white lines.
Report chavman April 3, 2018 9:02 PM BST
hell need cats eyes in the back of his head if the knives are out
Report mouse muldoon April 3, 2018 9:04 PM BST
Rumour has it he has a new personalised number plate. Charlie Charlie Charlie One.
Report Deltâ April 3, 2018 9:11 PM BST
not posted on twitter all day

serious stuff!
Report mouse muldoon April 3, 2018 9:16 PM BST
Does he usually tweet as prolifically as he verbalises?
Report saddo April 3, 2018 9:16 PM BST
* for spyker
Report differentdrum April 4, 2018 10:37 AM BST
Must admit I thought this was some sort of April Fool carryover so didn't read the thread.

Is there any confirmation out there? Be quite a year for him if ITV Racing were to complete the hat-trick. You can't really see him fitting in at RUK. They have plenty of oddballs but not quite in the same way.
Report STUDYFORM April 4, 2018 2:02 PM BST
I like him!
Despite what you read about 'disdain' and 'attitude', in all the years he's been broadcasting, he's never been less than friendly to guests and interviewees and he says pretty much what he thinks - I can't see what's so bad about it.

As for his comment about the M25 - It was perfectly reasonable. If the late Sid Waddell had said it in a darts match everyone would say how funny it was.

I'd certainly rather have 6 hours of Matt Chapman than 5 minutes of Thommo. One or 2 of you seem to not like Chapman and want to force the point a bit.
Report kavvie April 4, 2018 2:14 PM BST
sad thread.people on wishing a man loses his job.  some strange people on here.  longlive matt.the best sports presenter on tv by a long way.
Report Lampus April 4, 2018 2:18 PM BST
Snap
Report Rider April 4, 2018 2:23 PM BST
if i had a £ for every time he told the viewers atr was FREE and LIVE...., of course he wasnt trying to be annoying, was he?
Report broadsword April 4, 2018 2:26 PM BST
i agree with kavvie and lamps and study........too many bitter people wanting others sacked
Report sofiakenny April 4, 2018 2:29 PM BST
Sorry no time for anyone wasting our time while high as a kite..good riddance.
Report parispike April 4, 2018 2:41 PM BST
Equine flew has him to a tee. “An underlying sourness”. Yes that sums him up perfectly.
Report spyker April 4, 2018 3:20 PM BST
Sorry no time for anyone wasting our time while high as a kite..good riddance.

You followed racing in the 60's and 70's i take it? None of them took speed and/or were p!ssed pretty much every time they got on a horse, no sirreeeee, as for stable staff..........
Report differentdrum April 4, 2018 3:21 PM BST
His way of being 'nice' to guests is just to use them as a vehicle to promote himself. Just about everything is about promoting himself. Rather than a cog in the wheel, it appears he sees himself as the wheel.

Rather like equine I have changed my opinion as well. He was different (not that difficult when you think about it) but clearly he set out to be different and it was a contrived difference.
Report wondersobright April 4, 2018 3:25 PM BST
kavvie • April 4, 2018 2:14 PM BST
sad thread.people on wishing a man loses his job.  some strange people on here.

agree

breaking news snowflake generation offended by harmless throw away comments

pathetic morons
Report Rider April 4, 2018 3:28 PM BST
think people muted him because he was an irritating attention seeker
Report sofiakenny April 4, 2018 3:31 PM BST
spyker.....I was equally unimpressed when that superb journalist Alister D*wn was slurring and weaving across my tv screen.
Report RothmanMike April 4, 2018 3:32 PM BST
Not wanting him sacked,just anything to get him off the screens.
As for feeling sorry about him losing his job,what a load of crap.
Has made enough by now by being an ****, so how can you feel sorry for the idiot.
And people on here giving out the sympathy are probably on less than minimum wage,you really have to wonder where this misguided sympathy comes from.
Report GEORGE.B April 4, 2018 3:39 PM BST
Always think he's alright in small doses.

Not sure about this business about wishing a man to lose his job, though, not even Albert Pierrepoint back in the day!

Mind, down the years I've wished a few jockeys would be jocked off!
Report Rider April 4, 2018 3:41 PM BST
Not sure about this business about wishing a man to lose his job

dont worry yourself george, i very much doubt atr take a lead from what ppl want on here
Report Rollo Tomasi April 4, 2018 3:59 PM BST
lordnoise    03 Apr 18 10:44

Willie Shafter.
are the posts invisible?

He meant like marmite, people love or hate it!
Report know all April 4, 2018 4:01 PM BST
hes good who else would be better
Report Willie Shafter. April 4, 2018 4:05 PM BST
tar rollo
Report kennythebetboy April 11, 2018 1:19 PM BST
kennythebetboy 03 Apr 18 14:26 Joined: 10 Nov 08 | Topic/replies: 1,763 | Blogger: kennythebetboy's blog
Breaking News:
Press release:
To the delight of everyone, now that Turf TV is going through changes, ATR have taken the opportunity to engage the services of the ever popular Derek Thompson as presenter and link man for their racing coverage.
He will be ably supported by Natalie Sawyer as co-presenter, who recently relinquished her position as a presenter on Sky Sports News for 18 years.
We welcome both and trust viewers will be suitably impressed by their professional coverage and presentation of horse racing in the coming months.
ATR.

Told you so ....

DevilWhoopsWinkWink
Report mouse muldoon April 11, 2018 1:23 PM BST
Cry
Report mouse muldoon April 11, 2018 1:45 PM BST
He's gone.
Report RothmanMike April 11, 2018 1:47 PM BST
ATR just never learn, although it will be good to see more of Natalie.
She has apparently got some type of degree in Sports @ Sheffield,so it remains to be seen if Horseracing is a forte as she has never been involved before.
Report mouse muldoon April 11, 2018 1:49 PM BST
More of Natalie to see now.
Report RothmanMike April 11, 2018 2:08 PM BST
Chapman in France for ATR this week,so any rejoicing is a bit premature unfortunately.
Report adge April 11, 2018 4:09 PM BST
you need to be careful what you wish for.
tommo is always there sniffing around for a job
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com