Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
layemall
17 Feb 18 14:00
| Topic/replies: 988 | Blogger: layemall's blog
Elgin for the Champion Hurdle as Matt Chapman just stated?!!.......
Pause Switch to Standard View Crazy to supplement.....
Show More
Report knot in wood February 17, 2018 3:07 PM GMT
bar from the fav what have you got?

probably be single figure field and the owners are a big syndicate.

i could see him coming 3/4.
Report layemall February 17, 2018 3:07 PM GMT
Well done Wayne btw........you two seem to click :)
Report Big Black Cat February 17, 2018 3:14 PM GMT
Costs 20 grand to supplement or 500 quid for the entry.  Ridiculous.  He should have been given an entry.  Take the fave out, everything else much of a muchness.

He was 10lb wrong today, and has won.  The handicapper will have his say.

His targets are the Scottish CH or the County-or they were.
Report knot in wood February 17, 2018 3:16 PM GMT
the race at aintree might suit him black cat.
Report layemall February 17, 2018 3:29 PM GMT
Big black cat.....I fully agree...he should have been given an entry....take out the fav, and who knows.......
Report Big Black Cat February 17, 2018 4:21 PM GMT
He's a 2m horse Knot-flat track and ground will suit-he's not a soft ground horse at all.
Report layemall February 17, 2018 4:50 PM GMT
and yet he won today,,,,,with both the ground and the ratings/weights against him.....btw, he didn't just win ....he pissed up!!
Report layemall February 17, 2018 6:25 PM GMT
Glad to read that Alan King is now thinking of supplementing him for the Champion hurdle....makes perfect sense.......only thing that doesn't, is why he wasn't entered in the first place!!
Report Big Black Cat February 17, 2018 9:31 PM GMT
Exactly-this is an improving horse who they could have entered for next to nothing-now its going to cost an arm and a leg.

He's not a soft ground horse so further improvement likely.
Report easymoney February 17, 2018 10:12 PM GMT
Anyone know how much exactly it is to supplement for the Chamionship races at this stage ?

While I'd agree it's an extremely weak looking CH on paper, hosing up in a dross Kingwell is still a pretty abstract achievement in relation to the big one in March.
Report Big Black Cat February 18, 2018 12:52 PM GMT
Around £20K Easy.
Report Big Black Cat February 18, 2018 12:53 PM GMT
PS-you may consider it was a dross race but Elgin was up to 10lb wrong with some of the dross he beat.
Report sixtwosix February 18, 2018 12:54 PM GMT
Crazy ? Elite racing club members have a runner in a top race ,with some form of place chance.
Imagine they can afford the supplementary after the filly they sold for squillions .
Report asparagus February 18, 2018 1:00 PM GMT
It's a no brainer to supplement imo. 20K and prize money more likely 250000. Decent chance of a place in a small field. More chance of finishing in the first 3 in the champion than he would have in a county hurdle off his new mark. (sure to be up plenty). obviously he can't beat the fav unless that's way below par but nothing else in the race to be scared of.
Report easymoney February 18, 2018 6:07 PM GMT
20k seems very reasonable and given he clearly handles the track it looks worth having a dash given how the race may cut up.

BBC ... as I mentioned the horse won very impressively against some classy rivals, it was obviously not a 'dross race'
I do think it was a very poor Kingwell though and given the races recent history that it's not really pertinent as a CH trial. With top rated being 156 and several horses well held in hcaps this season taking part I think that is fair and accurate ? None of which denigrates this fine Duke of Marmalade (A sire who was foolishly discarded before time) gelding I hope !
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com