Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
differentdrum
01 Aug 17 19:26
| Topic/replies: 13,223 | Blogger: differentdrum's blog
No denying the horse was massively impressive today and if you had a 20/1 ticket you would no doubt be feeling pretty smug. That said I can't see why anyone would want to step in at the prices now on offer. Leaving aside whether or not he ends up making the race the fact that he is by Acclamation in itself must cast very large doubts about whether a mile is going to be his best trip. He showed so much pace today it wouldn't be that misguided to suggest he is more likely to be better at six furlongs than a mile. He could well end up being exceptional without winning a 2,000 Guineas which wouldn't be much consolation to his ante-post backers.
Pause Switch to Standard View Expert Eye - 2,000 Guineas
Show More
Report Mat22 August 1, 2017 7:52 PM BST
Agree with your assessment Drum. Mad price with still so many Big back end Maidens and 2 year old group races to come on both side's of the sea. Looked at the horse (Expert Eye)in the paddock and he looked pretty small too. might just be a very good 2 year old but they dont always progress to make the same heights at 3. Time will tell but as usual Bookies over reacting.
Report tips August 1, 2017 8:08 PM BST
agree about the price but holy sh!t he is no small horse
Report the dealer August 1, 2017 8:15 PM BST
what price would you be happy to lay it at ?
Report McCoy Carp August 1, 2017 9:19 PM BST
Typical media overreaction - like Caravaggio's Ascot win.
Report mr phantom August 1, 2017 9:35 PM BST
Cannot argue with the form of the maiden it won at Newbury. While not visually as impressive as today the race has worked out extremely well. Kieran Fallon put the horse up as one to follow a few days later in the Monday Jury in the RP. Not a bad judge to be fair. I am on at 33/1 but obviously current price is too short.
Report MuayThaiClyde August 1, 2017 9:44 PM BST
Im on at 34/1
Report gpz6316 August 1, 2017 10:12 PM BST
best of luck with it . i would be concerned with soundness as the dam obviously showed a lot early on based on her prices but looks to be fragile . could that repeat here who knows ?
Report McCoy Carp August 1, 2017 11:13 PM BST
Plus it's not trained by O'Brien.
Report woodmanchester August 2, 2017 7:05 AM BST
Foolish backing 20/1 ticket or not. You never even know if they train on
Report pixie August 2, 2017 10:28 AM BST
Stupid thing to say, anyone who took 20/1 (and more) very well done. I disagree with those that think he won't stay, I think he'll get further than a mile next year. The horse was still going away from them at the line and a mile should be no problem whatsoever in my opinion. I think 5/1 at this time is correct and the price I would have gone.
Report holywell August 2, 2017 10:58 AM BST
I've never seen Michael Stoute so effusive about a horse for a very long time. Of course the guineas is a long way off so there's plenty of time for things to go wrong.

Anyone who backed the horse at 20/1 or higher will be very happy.
Report Brownie3 August 2, 2017 11:08 AM BST
I think the price might reflect the general lack of perceived quality in the current 2 year old Colts? I must say it seems a rather weak bunch to me at present!
Report asparagus August 2, 2017 11:27 AM BST
He was 8/1 immediately after the race which seemed very fair to me. Certainly rather be a backer than a layer at that price. Is a good sized horse and settled fine so every reason to expect him to stay. Anyone on at the 20/1 and 33/1 has potentially an exciting few months ahead.
Report woodmanchester August 2, 2017 11:43 AM BST
Wish I had a penny for every large ante-post price I had, which lost
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com