Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
easygold
02 Jul 17 17:31
| Topic/replies: 6,584 | Blogger: easygold's blog
MY PINK BUTTON IS VERY BUSY on your well fancied horses......... That virus is still spreading around your yard that is for sure.
Pause Switch to Standard View DERMOT WELD........ keep on running...
Show More
Report easygold July 2, 2017 5:46 PM BST
Although, racegoers deserve MUCH BETTER....... a man like him should not be running them with health problems.... so unfair for less experienced punters
Report sparrow July 2, 2017 6:00 PM BST
Very considerate of you to care for your fellow punters.
Report easygold July 2, 2017 6:32 PM BST
I`m one of the good ones...
Report neill d July 2, 2017 6:51 PM BST
Its great, the amount of the market TGG took up today. Long may it continue.
Report 4builder4 July 3, 2017 8:03 AM BST
I presume you had some of my hard earned with Zhukova as well Neill Cry
Piss poor from both runs but got to end soon hopefullyExcited
Report neill d July 3, 2017 12:05 PM BST
Nah dude, had shut up shop for day by then. i'm sure you've had plenty of mine in the past!
Report acey deucy July 3, 2017 12:11 PM BST
If he had not Trained a couple of Melbourne Cup Winners i would say he is a Massive underachiever.Plain
Report 4builder4 July 3, 2017 2:29 PM BST
swings and roundabouts Neill
Report joevalue147 July 3, 2017 5:29 PM BST
Another bout of runners tomorrow. Expect the alarming pre race drift ten mins before the off and except the horses to fade out of contention .  Well that's what will happen if yesterday is anything to go by.........Grin.
Report tips July 3, 2017 6:20 PM BST
did he not hav a winner recentlyConfused
Report GEORGE.B July 4, 2017 10:31 AM BST
A nice shortie for you to lay in the 'lucky' last, easy'
Report GEORGE.B July 4, 2017 10:54 AM BST
They were going to run Frima in the "Oaks Trial" at Naas last week, but was taken out on account of the ground.

So are we laying this, easy'?

Let's examine the form:

She seemingly comfortably holds Lady Nathaniel on their Fairyhouse form

The other one in the market, Pearl Of The West, might have been a shade unfortunate not have won on her latest start at Limerick (on what might be different ground to what she runs on here), but Weld does have a line to that form having had the eyecatcher that finished third.

My opinion: Pass

easy', any pre-race opinion here, or are you sticking to after the event?
Report pa lapsy July 4, 2017 11:23 AM BST
Good question George,
On the bare face of it Firma has done enough to suggest the initial quote of 8/11 was about right,
she is however on the drift which was to be expected giving Welds runners lately(Forgotten Rules and Zabalan most recent,dire imo).
Still not sure i would want to lay her.Weld with Gowran is worth noting historically.
I did do Pearl Of The West ew,i thought it was a very likeable staying on run at Limerick(without the benefit of the head on i thought it a very harsh DQ).Fair point regarding overnight rain and her ground.
John Oxx's usually need the run,that pair would still enter the equation,(first time i seen a Moyglare horse not with Weld,a shift?).

I think whatever way it turns out it is an interesting race.
Report Cork Langer July 4, 2017 12:00 PM BST
Not the first Moyglare horse with Oxx, but it is only the second, two years apart, no obvious reason why, no doubt there is a connection somewhere, maybe a staff member from one to other perhaps.

The other horse was a filly/mare called Gelenschik, Oxx managed to get one win out of her from 6 runs and no update on whether he still has her.

The race tonight has endless ifs and buts, would be watch only for me.
Report easygold July 4, 2017 12:10 PM BST
You seriously what me to answer your childish question, George.... grow-up.
Report easygold July 4, 2017 12:15 PM BST
Want
Report GEORGE.B July 4, 2017 1:16 PM BST
Childish?

Given the thread title, it's a serious question. If you can't handle such questions, don't start such threads. Though I understand, it's a lot easier for you after the event.

Let me explain the idea of a forum to you, someone starts a topic, others join in the 'discussion', which may involve asking direct questions. Hth.

Thanks for your thoughts, btw, pa and Corkie.
Report MJK July 4, 2017 1:20 PM BST
No doubt Weld hasn't got the ammunition he once had, but anyone doubTing his ability is crazy. A trailblazer and brilliant trainer for a long time. Does anyone seriously think if he was training for Coolmore he wouldn't train at least the same winners as APOB?
Report easygold July 4, 2017 1:44 PM BST
Eh George, you might be in this game for a bit of fun, that`s fine... so you continue with you childish questions... but don`t expect an answer... As I said before don`t be worrying what other people are doing concentrate on your own stuff. But a slight hint about this race.... 2.0>2.9 because of one thing. The trainer's recent performances... if his horses were running better it would be 4/6 no question...
So you want to nosy what I`m doing? Sad???

And you think I haven't an opinion before a race.... If you go over many threads I have no problem doing that... and on your so-called Notebook horses....
Report GEORGE.B July 4, 2017 1:56 PM BST
We all know why it's drifting, easygold, you don't have to worry about teaching ya granny how to suck eggs.

Oh yes, my notebook thread, it's ok, I'm not going to mention Earthly again.

To be honest, easygold, I've no interest in what you're backing / laying, besides the thread title answers the question. I just thought I'd try and coax you into a bit of pre-race discussion on a subject you have started on the forum. Not surprisingly, you've gone on the offensive, but no worries, we'll all just have to carry on putting up with your post race 'noise'.
Report ihal essex July 4, 2017 1:58 PM BST
Given the Frima drift it appears there may be a few sharing the OP's opinion. However, it would be unfathomable if a virus was allowed to remain undetected in an establishment as professional as Weld's for the length of his current 'cold' period.

Frima remains on my one-to-follow list and I will be going in strong tonight irrespective of any drift! Should this 'good thing' disappoint then it would be time for a rethink, but I don't think Dermot requires any advice from the pocket-talking doomsayers all too prevalent on this forum!
Report easygold July 4, 2017 1:58 PM BST
Scatter Dice.... now there was a thread.... Yeeha
Report easygold July 4, 2017 2:00 PM BST

Jul 4, 2017 -- 1:58PM, ihal essex wrote:

Given the Frima drift it appears there may be a few sharing the OP's opinion. However, it would be unfathomable if a virus was allowed to remain undetected in an establishment as professional as Weld's for the length of his current 'cold' period. Frima remains on my one-to-follow list and I will be going in strong tonight irrespective of any drift! Should this 'good thing' disappoint then it would be time for a rethink, but I don't think Dermot requires any advice from the pocket-talking doomsayers all too prevalent on this forum!

Some guys no more about what`s going on at yards more than others. Hope that helps?

Report easygold July 4, 2017 2:00 PM BST
know
Report ihal essex July 4, 2017 3:04 PM BST
EasyG: I hear you but like a lemming I am irretrievably drawn to the cliff edge and will cheerfully jump no matter how high tonight's drift!

If my fath proves misplaced I will dust myself off, regroup and look forward to recouping my substantial loss by this time heeding your privileged Weld hotline insights into the Galway festival!
Report easygold July 4, 2017 3:16 PM BST
Now you have it Ihal.... listen to know one else..... every race is different, every day is different, every horse is different.... I don`t mind missing a so-called 7/4+ shot... I rather see a few more running better from this yard before I can trust them.... Best Of Luck.. I hope it drifts to 3/1 and wins for you.
Report pa lapsy July 4, 2017 4:03 PM BST
I always liked someone trying to make a fist of it pre-race.
Myself included we will never stop learning and always another opinion/view is no harm whatsoever and often is more correct than my own.

Seems the general consensous is to leave alone,doubt it will go 3/1(Forgotten Rules 3/1 fs - 12/1 alright), simply as she holds one quite considerably and the other 2nd fav is rated 76,(Frima on her debut looks to be approx 87 at this stage,just on both her runs i thought she took a long time to get going as an aside),so i can see a backers point as well.

Weld originally had 8 declared for Fairyhouse tomorrow,only one is taking its race up,maybe coincidental but wonder does it also point to Weld realising there is a problem?
Report workrider July 4, 2017 4:14 PM BST
Amazingly the Aga nor Moyglare had a runner on the first 2 days of last weeks Irish Derby festival.
Report easygold July 4, 2017 4:15 PM BST
Hi Pa, that 3/1 comment was only in jest for Ihal.. I make it a 4/6 on form... but you know the rest...
Report Evee July 4, 2017 4:20 PM BST
Seems to me it's Pat Smullen the one with the virus. Harana (@ 4/1, bless her, and watch her win at Galway NTO) was his last win bar Pious Alexander (@ 8/13), so one win in his 59 rides since Harana and a few of them at 5/4 ish for other trainers. But it's just a cycle.
Frima looks a very good bet at 7/4 and if the market eases her out due to the perceived poor form of the trainer/jockey then that's just free EV IMO.
Weld will be armed and dangerous at Galway and in the autumn.
Report by purpose July 4, 2017 4:26 PM BST
Maybe some of the gear he puts in his "barnet" has contaminated the feed....
Report MJK July 4, 2017 6:06 PM BST
That Stellar Eclipse has all the hallmarks of a Galway maiden winner
Report joevalue147 July 4, 2017 7:12 PM BST
Powers and Betfair going top price Frima all day and still top price with the non runners.  Probably in lots of their 'special' bets too.  If Frima runs like Powers think it will then Dermot and sons should hang their heads in shame for running a promising filly that isnt well.   Fillies maiden in Galway perhaps??Whoops
Report ItsMeSwaddle July 4, 2017 8:59 PM BST
This is a good thing surely.
Report Cork Langer July 4, 2017 9:00 PM BST
The eagerly awaited maiden is upon us, lets see how DK gets on
Report pandora1963 July 4, 2017 9:04 PM BST
one of the dirtiest outfits in the history of racing
Report GEORGE.B July 4, 2017 9:05 PM BST
Well done pa lapsy, good call
Report ben96 July 4, 2017 9:06 PM BST
Must be an issue in the yard the way his horses are running surely? Who was backing that given the yards form?
Report easygold July 4, 2017 9:08 PM BST
What about the guys in-running????? LOL
Report SlippyBlue July 4, 2017 9:08 PM BST
Ouch, some fingers burnt there.
Report ItsMeSwaddle July 4, 2017 9:08 PM BST
1.01 backers unaware of virus! and me unfortunately, well done layers.
Report pa lapsy July 4, 2017 9:10 PM BST
Thanks George,K M set a nice steady pace, Firma abit disappointing,she finished poorly enough,maybe it was the trip but doubt that on her previous.
Report SlippyBlue July 4, 2017 9:10 PM BST
I didn't play in that race, hindsight of course but those that punted it @ 1.01 must be marginally insane.
Report GEORGE.B July 4, 2017 9:11 PM BST
Pity the other filly didn't run, maybe the winner would have beaten them both. She was unlucky at Limerick, looks a big strong sort, typical tough sort by Teofilo.
Report ihal essex July 4, 2017 9:13 PM BST
Just as well this lemming, minus parachute, had already passed Beachy Head on way back from Brighton!

Dermot, time send in men in white coats!
Report GEORGE.B July 4, 2017 9:21 PM BST
That ground is quicker than Frima has run on before. Ger Lyons wasn't happy with the ground and he pulled his filly out for that raeson.

No denying some of the Weld horses are running shockers, but I'd say that filly has run her race, just been out-stayed by a filly who does relish the ground, as many by her sire do.

If that filly was suffering with a "virus", presumably she'd be dropping out of the back of the telly.
Report Cork Langer July 4, 2017 9:44 PM BST
Could it of turned out any better for all the conspiracy theorists........bit of everything to suit them all.......!
Report ihal essex July 4, 2017 9:45 PM BST
George: quite possibly so, I sill have to assess merit of that run but I reckon the Sheikh will be wanting urgent answers. Won't be the greatest surprise if stable suspend operations for a couple weeks. Pity, as Dermot is one of the most forthcoming and genuinely punter-friendly trainers in Ireland. Won't be going Galway as planned unless Moyglare firing
Report easygold July 4, 2017 9:56 PM BST
Once again a Weld horse doesn`t finish off a race strong... that`s the issue.... they run well to a point and then weak... a true sign of something is very wrong with many of his animals??? which ones are not firing?? we won`t know??? but punters need to take a back seat for at least 2 more weeks with the data book getting info...
Report joevalue147 July 4, 2017 9:59 PM BST
Doubt very much thats as good as Frima is. Stayed on strongly last time,  granted over 2fs shorter. Got to believe she cut out a lot quicker than she would have had the stable been firing on all cylinders. Went from hero to zero is 10 strides.
Report GEORGE.B July 4, 2017 10:19 PM BST
It's not all the horses, they obviously had a 2 mile winner on Saturday, and I thought the two high profile horses ran fine.

The times were suggesting the ground had dried out a lot on Sunday and maybe that went against Zhukova.

The Grey Gatsby, what's he capable of now as a 6YO? He ran some respectable races last season but it seemed he was on the decline in terms of RPRs from what he was running in 2015.
Report easygold July 4, 2017 10:56 PM BST
Go back a few more days and weeks and make excuses for them.. best of luck with that
Report GEORGE.B July 4, 2017 11:19 PM BST
I'm surprised you "virus" theorists haven't made a suggestion / connection about a certain horse, the yard it came from, and a recent news story!
Report Cork Langer July 4, 2017 11:21 PM BST
ihal, are you talking about the same stable as you make reference to the Sheikh in your post.....
Report Willie Shafter. July 5, 2017 12:03 AM BST
SlippyBlue    04 Jul 17 21:10 
I didn't play in that race, hindsight of course but those that punted it @ 1.01 must be marginally insane.

you failed to noticed that it looked like the line was approaching and it had won..camera switch caught them out.
Report 2010Shergar July 5, 2017 12:18 AM BST
I realise that many of you do not know that Weld's stables are very close to the building site that is the Curragh racecourse. The prevailing wind takes all the dust and noise resulting from demolition works from February until now into his yard. Horses like peace and quiet - I doubt if they got much of that over the past few months.
Report GEORGE.B July 5, 2017 1:12 AM BST
An interesting and plausible (imo) suggestion as to why some of Weld's horses may be underperforming, Shergar.

Which other yards within that area, Shergar?
Report 1st time poster July 5, 2017 1:15 PM BST
just the one tonight in the group 3,your not going to lose much having a few quid on at 12 to 1,for a turnaround in fortunes
Report 2010Shergar July 6, 2017 10:36 AM BST
George.B nearest is about kilometre away whereas part of new development adjoins Weld's yard.
Report GEORGE.B July 6, 2017 10:51 AM BST
Good knowledge, Shergar, you could be on to something there.

Like them trainers that blame the rapeseed season for their horses losing their form.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com