Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
breadnbutter
07 May 17 15:37
| Topic/replies: 10,966 | Blogger: breadnbutter's blog
One of the best horses i have seen on looks and  pure poetry in motion ,faultless imo .

Could she be the best ever ?

Should win today and go on to greatness  but i could never recommend a punt  fto on a 3yo at this price
Show More
Report granitjack May 7, 2017 3:42 PM BST
Good old Moore once again showing how 'world class' he is....
Report dr . atkins May 7, 2017 3:43 PM BST
looks the oaks winner
Report basilbrush May 7, 2017 3:43 PM BST
Yep, should have won easily to be fair. Moore not his greatest hour, sat and sat and sat, then got himself blocked in behind horses. Shame.
Report Kriskin May 7, 2017 3:43 PM BST
How can one get boxed in when you have a wide open track?
Report Willie Shafter. May 7, 2017 3:44 PM BST
would have been close..not easy imo
Report breadnbutter May 7, 2017 3:45 PM BST
stable were due one like that ,could almost feel that one coming Wink

Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very fright'ning me
(Galileo) Galileo, (Galileo) Galileo, Galileo figaro magnifico
(I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me)
Report basilbrush May 7, 2017 3:45 PM BST
Kriskin....it was poor mate, very poor, one of those days for Rhodeendron backers.
Report paulypaul May 7, 2017 3:45 PM BST
Ask Ryan..
Report xmoneyx May 7, 2017 3:47 PM BST
same feeling as Liverpool supporters
Report Aladdin Sane May 7, 2017 3:48 PM BST
You know the rules. When Moore wins, it's a magnificent ride by a jockey who's always in the right place at the right time. If it goes wrong then he's just unlucky. It can never be jockey fault according to the racing media. I know of no other sport where journalists/pundits are so reluctant to be critical..
Report basilbrush May 7, 2017 3:50 PM BST
Clearly wins with a better ride, no excuses, jockey error for sure.
Report Kriskin May 7, 2017 4:04 PM BST

May 7, 2017 -- 9:48AM, Aladdin Sane wrote:

You know the rules. When Moore wins, it's a magnificent ride by a jockey who's always in the right place at the right time. If it goes wrong then he's just unlucky. It can never be jockey fault according to the racing media. I know of no other sport where journalists/pundits are so reluctant to be critical..

Spot on.  Not one of the gravy trainers on ITV or RUK had the balls to say Moore was BRUTAL there.  Horse may not have won but that was poor

Report 1st time poster May 7, 2017 4:12 PM BST
looked like he was doing one of them over acting hook up jobs 200 yds from the line to try and kid the stewards he was badly impeded,actualy nearly fell off, when in reality just needed a slight pull inside,think he already knew he,d given the winner 1st run
Report guinness2dear May 7, 2017 4:13 PM BST
Lyds isn't gonna say anything. She managed to get 3 words outtta the comatose twot before...
Report texmid May 7, 2017 5:13 PM BST
I thought one of the best bets to win for ages.Luckily I backed the
the outher two O'Brian horses aswell as cover.Dissapointing though.
Report impossible123 May 7, 2017 5:54 PM BST
Moore was brainless despite starting well from a good draw. I'd back Rhodo against Winter in the Irish 1000G and/or Coronation Stakes at Ascot, if they meet, but doubt that very much.
Report SoYouThink May 7, 2017 6:16 PM BST
Rhododendren heads for the Oaks I'd imagine. Moore had chances to make his move his sooner. He waited and the space closed up. Not sure he'd have caught Winter anyway. She got a more positive ride and kept going well to the line. Anyone see the interview with Tabor on ITV afterwards? When asked about O'Brien, he was very careful with his words and actually ended up saying he only got things right "most" of the time. The general tone of the interview seemed like he wasn't interested in going overboard with praise. I wonder what relations are like? I heard Tabor was kicking up a fuss that time the rumours about David O'Meara were about.
Report jasperb May 7, 2017 6:16 PM BST
I would say rhodo will reverse placing anytime cant win races going sidewise
Report Arklearkle May 7, 2017 6:19 PM BST
Tabors problem is that he knows they/he need(s) AOB more than AOB needs them/him
Report smokey1919 May 7, 2017 6:39 PM BST
done the same in the group 3 derby trial sat miles of pace while other stable runners went with pace
bot horses wd have breezed up had they not been so negatively ridden

both liabilities today and any 7lb claimer cd have won just made all on both
making an easy task into a crisis  if you actually read through the form only around 7lb between each of his runners at both venus respectively  so why give them such free rain Crazy
that's it with this team often their 2nd string is good enough , any horse will win if you give it such a h/cap leed

1 (6)

Douglas Macarthur (IRE) 7/1
Emmet McNamara
A P O'Brien
3    93     110    –    112    –   
Led, 1 length clear before halfway, ridden and joined briefly into straight, regained narrow advantage under 2f out, kept on well far side inside final furlong (op 8/1)
2 (2)
hd
Yucatan (IRE) 13/8F
Seamie Heffernan
A P O'Brien
3    93     111    –    112    –   
Waited with towards rear, 5th halfway, improved into 4th after halfway, switched right under 2f out, soon ridden and kept on well near side inside final furlong to challenge closing stages, just held (op 5/4 tchd 7/4) i noted the drift before off and cd smell something not right
o brion 1 punters nil you cant give group horses 10 len leads both deliberately held up and this horse drifts from 5/4 to 7/4  both rides terrible imbarrassing
Report truehoncho May 7, 2017 7:18 PM BST
Windsor is a better looking filly than Rhododendron and will beat her over any distance in future.
Report the dealer May 7, 2017 7:29 PM BST
anyone who thinks the Douglas Macarthur race was bent should be chucked off here and committed.
Report breadnbutter May 7, 2017 7:43 PM BST

May 7, 2017 -- 1:18PM, truehoncho wrote:

Windsor is a better looking filly than Rhododendron and will beat her over any distance in future.

Winter is a nice sort and i wonder if Rhodod has grown more than expected ,even looked a bit green and did take a stride or three to get going ,i was more basing my comments on memory from last year and pre race ,tbh the pre race pics and race pics/angle  were not great today but winner is a nice sort.

time will tell ,but i very much doubt even you believe that Laugh

Report truehoncho May 8, 2017 10:32 PM BST
I absolutely believe it. R was as fit as a flee and W wasn't got at that much. R was tapped for toe early and RM had little choice where to go with her. I doubt they will ever meet again anyway
Report duncan idaho May 9, 2017 9:04 AM BST
every jockey that ever found trouble is brainless according to the hindsight merchants...oh, the irony of that
Report Blackrock May 9, 2017 11:28 AM BST
AOB said after the race that Moore was very confident Rhodo would get further, and was of that opinion pre race. So why didnt RM ease the filly into a challenging position much earlier so he could press the button and use the horses stamina. If Rhodo had the same pitch as Winter, id be of he opinion that Rhodo would have won.

Abominable ride by Moore, and not for the first time.
Report truehoncho June 24, 2017 5:35 PM BST
I think Winter is the best.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com